4 Systems are better than 1 ?? (EXTINCT)

Grex

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Apparently Burnley seems to be going downhill with the new manager. Their winless away form continues, but now, they can't even win at home. They look certain to join Portsmouth if this goes on.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? I know Aston Villa haven't won in March since 2005 (last weekend's 4-2 win over Reading was their first), but I think they will overcome Stoke. Martin O'Neill's side know that the Champions League place is up for grabs, and will definitely push his side on. Just my opinion. The other two should be fine though.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Wow, both AH (0) saved you! Burnley look doomed for relegation. Given their position, losing 6-pointers at home are suicidal. Perhaps Hull will join them, but it's too early to write Hull off yet.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Tricky fixtures you have there. A club with 9 points deducted versus a club with a new manager, and going against 2 clubs chasing for the fourth spot. Good luck then! Perhaps when there's risk, there's an opportunity to gain from it.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Thanks for the good luck wishes, Relf.... looks as though Lawro agrees with your concerns regarding Pompey and Fulham.... Portsmouth 1-1 Hull :\ Stoke 2-1 Tottenham :ok Fulham 0-2 Man City :\ .... and he's never wrong :tongue2

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Oops, in the midst of the ManU-Liverpool clash and the Italian 1-1 conspiracies (I realize Inter and Palermo could be part of it too! :tongue2), I almost forgot about this system. Still looking good, and I guess it's increasing your sample size for each of the 4 systems as well.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? It's always tricky to back teams at the basement of the table, and you have 3 this week!! Good luck with those selections, though the fan in me says that Blackburn will win the derby! :eyes

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Apologies for the Blackburn win. The worst side were the referees and officials, which BBC aptly described as "shambolic". Blackburn were denied an onside goal, and 5 minutes later, awarded a penalty through a dive which turned out to be a winner. Another Blackburn goal went dubiously unawarded even though it crossed the line marginally. Finally, Blackburn's GK handled the ball outside the penalty box but went unspotted. Relieved that Blackburn had 3 points in the bag at the end. Now, it's back to the Serie A.

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Oh dear, I see Blackburn once again. Although Blackburn have only won twice away (including the one last week), I think they will overcome Portsmouth this weekend, who has a more important FA Cup tie approaching and they wouldn't want any more unwanted injuries and suspensions. Tricky fixtures for all Aston Villa (their dreaded March has passed), Chelsea (Man U are without Rooney), Tottenham (whose strikers can't seem to stop scoring). Would be interesting to see how the systems fare! :hope

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Re: 4 Systems are better than 1 ?? Sorry, MightyDuck.... I only just noticed your post. These systems were statistically rather complicated and involved complex excel files. Unfortunately, about 6 months ago my hard disk crashed and I lost everything (please don't tell me about "backing-up":wall) It would take a lot of time and effort to re-create the systems.... and I would prefer to concentrate on the "Short Priced Home Favourites" and "Overs and Unders" threads.... which are relatively simple to maintain :ok