African Nations Cup 2010

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) abit of info - last time these play it was 4-2 to Ghana in the 3rd place tie. Ghana do not need to win and may just go out for a draw and hope to beat Burkino in their other game. Ivory need to win and i think Ghana will be trying to play on the break maybe [which explains my under 2.5 goal bet] if ivory play to their ability they will win quite simply, the Ghana team is possibly too young to handle the likes of Drogba, however this cup has been bizarre this year and i see good value in Ghana if Ivory don't take their chances again. edit * Ghana gone now from 4.20 to 3.80 also..

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Ivory Coast v Ghana - Ivory Coast @ 2.08 Betfair (£6702 to BACK) Ivory Coast came into this as hot favourite to lift the trophy, they face going out if they cannot manage to win this game, Ghana have not played a game yet and it could be that Ivory Coast are that little bit sharper than the Ghanaians, of course, Ivory Coast are also the better footballing team, Ghana are winless in six games in friendlies and world cup qualifying, whilst Ivory Coast come here with a 12 game unbeaten run. I expect them to raise there game here and take those chances when they come along, most importantly get the required win.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010)

abit of info - last time these play it was 4-2 to Ghana in the 3rd place tie. Ghana do not need to win and may just go out for a draw and hope to beat Burkino in their other game. Ivory need to win and i think Ghana will be trying to play on the break maybe [which explains my under 2.5 goal bet] if ivory play to their ability they will win quite simply, the Ghana team is possibly too young to handle the likes of Drogba, however this cup has been bizarre this year and i see good value in Ghana if Ivory don't take their chances again. edit * Ghana gone now from 4.20 to 3.80 also..
Ghana do not even have to win BF if they manage a low-scoring draw tonight. Say, 0-0 tonight and then 1-1 with Burkina Faso would see both of them through and one of the favourites out. First instinct for this match is under 2 goals @ 2.26

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) IVORY COAST AT 1.90 going big with ivory coast today i know some would say its a dangerous match but i think the fact that ivory coast has already play a match will give them an advantage over ghana, and as they know that they need a victory they will push for that, as i said ealier i think that some teams will really show their true colour in the 2nd match.. gl to all

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Ivory Coast - Ghana Quite fancy Ghana today to cause a relatively big upset. Their odds seem quite large but considering the need for the Ivory Coast to get a result, probably fair. I can see goals today with both teams going for it. A win for Ghana though would put the favourite in the compitition out and thus make it significantly easier for Ghana itself to win. I'll be taking Ghana today and to win the competition outright. Ghana @ 3/1 Asamoah Gyan to score anytime @ 3/1 Over 2.5 goals @ evens

IVORY COAST AT 1.90
I dont know why I feel that Ivory Coast will play reluctantly . Because they really want to go back their "real" homes !?!. In my opinion most of them takes "come back immediately" call from european managers of them. Its not easy to think about it in these mood. No bet for me ! Besides African cup brings all reverse results...

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Well, I didnt fancy Ghana to make waves in my original analysis of the tourn so i am on Ivory Coast -1 EH, of the teams i've lost money on so far in this comp IC were prob the ones that deserved to win, didnt think they played badly..Burkina just came with a game plan and it worked! Ghana will attack more, i am sure, and IC havent suddenly gone from the main African contenders for the WC to nothing overnight, they are still a very good side and i would certainly expect them to score at least once today..over 2.5 would look to be a solid bet with IC not being that great at the back and knowing they stand a good chance of going out if they dont win..IC are a good price of 3.6 for the -1EH and although i've only gone for a small stake (due to massive losses on this comp so far) im expecting a good performance from the Elephants..:ok

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Just a quick update on Egypt: Apparently the 'below standard' performance from Hosni Abd rabbo and Hossam Ghali in the 1st game was due to both catching cold, and taking a high dose of antibiotics. Wael Gom'a and Essam El Hadary also were sick but it didn't affect their performance (IMHO). Abdel zaher El Sakka was the 5th player but he didn't play anyway, and Met'eb also caught cold AFTER the game, but all are well now and back in full training. Mozambique may not be well known (as a team) to Shehat, but he watched their game vs Benin from the stands. Furthermore they have 3 players doing their tade in Egypt: Rafael; the joker who almost broke his neck for no apparent reason plays for Tersana (2nd teir). Ze Luis plays for Baladeyyet EL Mahalla (also 2nd teir) and Manu plays for ENNPI in the top division. Dario Khan also used to play in Egypt (Issmaili) but is now doing his trade in Qatar. In other words, the players are well known to the Egyptian manager and -IMHO- Mozambique should be easily taken care of.. BUT... I would not recommend high stakes on a high handicap. I reckon we will win by 2 or 3 at most. There's no reason for our polayers to sweat it when all they need is the 3 points to advance to the QF. I would expect to see Shikabala and El Sayyed Hamdi involved at some point of the game, but not necessarily starting. Good Luck All

Well' date=' I didnt fancy Ghana to make waves in my original analysis of the tourn so i am on Ivory Coast -1 EH, of the teams i've lost money on so far in this comp IC were prob the ones that deserved to win, didnt think they played badly..Burkina just came with a game plan and it worked! Ghana will attack more, i am sure, and IC havent suddenly gone from the main African contenders for the WC to nothing overnight, they are still a very good side and i would certainly expect them to score at least once today..over 2.5 would look to be a solid bet with IC not being that great at the back and knowing they stand a good chance of going out if they dont win..IC are a good price of 3.6 for the -1EH and although i've only gone for a small stake (due to massive losses on this comp so far) im expecting a good performance from the Elephants..:ok[/quote'] :cheers Only need another 15 of them and i might cover the amount i spunked in the first few games..

IVORY COAST AT 1.90 going big with ivory coast today i know some would say its a dangerous match but i think the fact that ivory coast has already play a match will give them an advantage over ghana, and as they know that they need a victory they will push for that, as i said ealier i think that some teams will really show their true colour in the 2nd match.. gl to all
:nana:nana:nana:nanacatch up with some losses.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Egypt -1.5 AH @ 2.12 (4/10) I’m going to go with Egypt here. In the first match they looked pretty decent and again played together as a team nicely. That was a tough start against Nigeria, here it should be a more simpler task. Mozambique don’t look like the sort of team who can put up much defensive resistance and will probably try to attack - its their philosophy. However, that could be a bad tactic facing this very technical and skilled Egypt outfit. Of course it’s a slight risk to take them on a -1.5 AH, but I think they should cover it and win something like 3-0 or 3-1. I’m pretty sure there will be goals in this match and it’ll be an exciting affair. Overall, I see bookies being a bit too generous on Egypt here, they are a class above Mozambique and should canter towards a relatively easy success.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) 4pts Egypt (-1.25AH) vs Mozambique 1.91 Bet1128 I like Egypt's chances tonight. They know a win here sees them safely into the quarter finals ahead of a potentially tricky contest with the impressive looking Benin who I think could cause the Pharoah's a few problems. Mozambique picked up a decent draw in their 1st game but you got the feeling that was down to Benin easing up and taking their foot off the gas rather than anything Mozambique did differently to get back into the game. Egypt won't be so friendly though. They are a slick, professional side who graft away and play well as a team and will be tough to break down. I don't see Mozambique being as hard to break down so I would expect the technically better Egyptian side to run out winners in this one. I'd expect them to win a shade comfortably as well but I'll take this AH for safety as nothing is certain in this CAN of all CAN's :lol.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) As promised I'm back here to brag. A dismal display but a great 2nd goal. Geddo is shining, but not Shikabala still. P.S. It's GeDDo not "Gedo" like the printed it on his shirt! It means "grandpa". As a child, Mohammad Nagi (Geddo) would go out to visit his grandfather on the same street. He liked a series of puzzles for children back then which was called "Geddo Abdo" (Or grandfather Abdo). When asked by relatives where he was going he would naturally say something like "Going to GEDDO to watch GEDDO Abdo", so they nicknamed him Geddo! :lol

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Cameroon -1 AH @ 2.04 (6/10) For me, this is a fairly simplistic bet and I’m backing Cameroon to strongly hit back. I was confident they would beat Gabon, but suffered that shock 0-1 defeat, albeit perhaps in unfortunate circumstances. The Indomitable Lions dominated most of the game and created many chances, but just couldn’t score. They were also frustrated by a well drilled and disciplined Gabon outfit who fought hard. I feel that this should be an easier encounter, Zambia can attack fairly well, but I don’t think they have the same sort of defensive rigidity as Gabon. I expect an open encounter which should ultimately suit Cameroon more. Also remember that the team will be hurting a lot following defeat and will be anxious to get back on track. Paul Le Guen’s men should be able to get back on track here, and could do it in style if their best players get back into form. I think it’d take just one goal to open the floodgates even more and it’d be unimaginable should Cameroon not win this game. In terms of odds, I think there is a slight overreaction to the Lions losing against Gabon, and 2.04 on a -1 line looks to be pretty decent. Gabon +0.25 AH @ 1.95 (4/10) I was quite impressed with Gabon, even though they perhaps didn’t deserve to beat Cameroon. As soon as they scored a goal, they shut up shop and operated completely defensively, occasionally hanging on by the skin of their teeth, and were indebted to goalkeeper Didier Ovono. However, the Panthers didn’t do too badly and seemed like a well drilled outfit, only sweating on certain occasions. For most of the match it felt like there was a strong element of control to their play. We didn’t see too much of their offensive play, but I believe Gabon to have potential and they have some decent attackers, such as Daniel Cousin. I don’t think they will lose against Tunisia and I don’t think they deserve to be outright clear 2nd favourites. The Northern Africa side didn’t perform too well against Zambia in their first match, outplayed for nearly all of the first half and didn’t really deserve a draw. If they produce a similar sort of display then it could be a struggle for them to win, I think bookies only have them as favourites because of reputation. So taking Gabon on a +0.25 AH looks pretty sensible to me, I have every reason to believe they can produce a strong performance again.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Cameroon - Zambia 3-2 You just can't call that football. Song should start another sport, nevermind about Kameni who plays at Espanyol in EUROPEAN football. What was that tackle when the defender was there? Also the side referee was a pure joke with his offside calls... Pathetic and extremly poor football played in this Cup. Hopefully Angola will win tomorrow against Algeria. 2.40 is a great price for them.

What do you say meatman? Will Angola win tomorrow in front of their fans against Algeria? 2.4 is tasty
yeh I reckon Angola look a good price, but best to take them 0AH or -0.25 in case of a draw - which would suit both teams if Mali win

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) I'd say there is a high risk of a draw in the Angola game - unless Malawi lead Mali as then Algeria will have to start pushing (and Angola too, of course, as a single goal might ruin their dreams). Difficult to decide.

Re: Africa » MTN Africa Cup of Nations (10-31 jan 2010) Wanted to pick Mali, but @ 1.70 it's a low pick so decided to go Mali -1 @ 3.75. Mali needs a win and might even need a better goal diference, so I believe they have quality players to beat -1 handicap :hope