World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15

feels awkward to be an American and to be happy your team is down 2-0 at half time. USA dont look threatening at all unless they are on a counter attack, but when it does come to a counter attack they always create chances. Look back at how they got up on brazil a few months back. Credits to Bornstein for getting his head on it in the 95' lol but they really missed too many chances to let it come down to the final minute, and a shame about Onweyu and Davies, get well :hope
Fantastic Tipping man. Awesome stuff.. Im going to be following your tips this weekend for sure. :ok :notworthy

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 That's like saying we can't criticize a bad politician because in the future he may do something good... Yes Messi is great but since some of his teammates aren't supporting him, he is constantly triple-teamed. Teams win World Cups not individual talent. What about nations like Spain and Netherlands who consistently field teams with incredible individual talent? Until Spain's last Euro cup win, they had not done poop.... Individual talent will get you only so far I do not know if you have actually seen Argentina play live this entire qualifying rounds, they are a shell of what they were during the last WC. Can they suddenly get their stuff in order? I guess? But then, your only reason to bank on them is because they have "good players" and can somehow play better? Well lots of teams have "good players" but more to the point, do you know who plays on the back line for them? (For god's sakes they have Verón playing up front as of late) Some of these cats are average players from the domestic league. Argentina has always had a traditional back line anchored by guys like Simeone, Ayala, Sorín, hell they would even put in Zanetti in the back from time to time.... Argentina as god as anyone to win the WC you say? By anyone do you mean as good Paraguay, Serbia, Ivory Coast chances? The previous are all good teams, but highly unlikely to win a WC Imo. We will see....

Re: World Cup Qualifiers - October 14/15 I think right now, Spain look a class above the rest, they look fantastic and will probably be favorites going into the tournement, but Brazil are very close behind them though. Then you have Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, England, Russia, Italy, Frrrrrance. Argentina are still within the class group of these teams though. Will have to watch out for the African teams also. Ghana, Ivory C. These teams will be very hard to beat. So its going to be a very difficult WC. DOnt think Asia will cause many problems. USA look good, Mexico Uraguay, Chile. There's alot of good teams coming into this Tournement. Its not going to be very predictable thats for sure. Argentina are struggling more than usual in the Qualies, mainly because most of their players ply their trade in Europe now days. Its changed alot over the last year or 2 in Argentinian footy. Brazilians have been used to it a lot longer and have managed to adapt. Argentina dont have the same depth as the Brazilians either, so its alot harder for the Argies to cope with. Players get tired from long Journeys back and forth.

Thank' date=' we're all a team here. No hard feelings about anything I said :cheers[/quote'] COol. I didn't mean anything bad towards you either. I actually quoted you by mistake on the Germany game. It was another guy that I was supposed to quote back to. But it looked like I was having a right go at you. Im sorry about that. I was just trying to explain something to him, and it looked like I was giving you a right telling off. LOL.. Sorry man. lol. It just came over bad.

PLease Excuse me' date=' my Soccer knowledge is rather limited, but what are you going to say if Argentina win the WC next year. Are you still gonna be disappointed with Maradonna. I wouldn't rule Argentina out thats for sure not with the players they have. Messi is rated as the one of the top players in the World. If i was to predict a WC winner, I would deffinately say argentina have as good chance as anyone next year. They even have the HAnd of GOd sitting on the bench..[/quote'] You are still missing the point. Maradonna is NOT a manager. He has lived his life based on reputation if you looked through what he's accomplished since his retirement? :moon:puke:zzz:cry So what if they have Messi? He was useless the last few games cause he was played of position. Look at Portugal, they have C.Ronaldo but they just barely nicked into qualifying. This is a team sport, there are teams out there with low profile names but they have great team chemistry and unity. Primary example, Russia, before Hiddink took over, there weren't too many household names but now all of a sudden people know who Arshavin, Pavlychenko, Zhirkov, Pogrebniak, Akinfeev, etc. Where were they before Hiddink? Who cares about names. Aim of the game is score goals and defend to collect 3 points. If you had the world's best XI and still manage to lose....so what?

I think right now, Spain look a class above the rest, they look fantastic and will probably be favorites going into the tournement, but Brazil are very close behind them though. Then you have Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, England, Russia, Italy, Frrrrrance. Argentina are still within the class group of these teams though. Will have to watch out for the African teams also. Ghana, Ivory C. These teams will be very hard to beat. So its going to be a very difficult WC. DOnt think Asia will cause many problems. USA look good, Mexico Uraguay, Chile. There's alot of good teams coming into this Tournement. Its not going to be very predictable thats for sure. Argentina are struggling more than usual in the Qualies, mainly because most of their players ply their trade in Europe now days. Its changed alot over the last year or 2 in Argentinian footy. Brazilians have been used to it a lot longer and have managed to adapt. Argentina dont have the same depth as the Brazilians either, so its alot harder for the Argies to cope with. Players get tired from long Journeys back and forth.
Sometimes your posts have my laughing my head off in disbelief of what you've written. I'm sure you're very good at tipping etc. but honestly, your football knowledge needs a bit of work! 1. There are more Argentinians playing football in Europe than Brazil - this was proven some time ago. In fact, if I'm not much mistaken, more Argentinians ply their trade outside their country than any other nationality of footballer. 2. Brazil have not had players playing in Europe longer than Argentina. I've no idea where you've even got that from whatsoever. 3. What do you mean when you say Argentina don't have the same depth as Brazil - that you've not heard of as many of their players?! I'd take Argentina's second string over Brazil's at the moment, I'll tell you that for nothing! And that's without Pato in the Argentinian squad :tongue2 4. Brazil are barely a shadow of what they used to be. People have short memories, don't they? Remember the pressure Dunga was under a few months ago due to shoddy Brazilian performances? That's not changed - they've simply gained a level of fortune! Much like Argentina, actually - lots of good individuals, poor "team" performances. 5. Out of the sides you've named for the World Cup, only four have matched or beaten their previous displays since the last World Cup - Spain, Netherlands, Russia, and England. The rest are drastically on the decline - just look at their performances! As for Asia having "nothing" - true, they normally don't, but I don't think I've seen a better Japan side than this one since Nakata was at his peak. I don't think South Korea have been this good since Hiddink was in charge either!! I think we'll see a good World Cup but not for the right reasons i.e. I don't think there's anywhere near enough quality for this to be a great footballing event. If things go as they should then Spain will walk this but football is a strange mistress sometimes. The old rules say don't back against Brazil or Germany but I've never seen either side play as badly as they do now. Anyway, good luck with whatever you back and I'll drink to your health if Brazil win it this year!:beer

Sometimes your posts have my laughing my head off in disbelief of what you've written. I'm sure you're very good at tipping etc. but honestly, your football knowledge needs a bit of work! 1. There are more Argentinians playing football in Europe than Brazil - this was proven some time ago. In fact, if I'm not much mistaken, more Argentinians ply their trade outside their country than any other nationality of footballer. 2. Brazil have not had players playing in Europe longer than Argentina. I've no idea where you've even got that from whatsoever. 3. What do you mean when you say Argentina don't have the same depth as Brazil - that you've not heard of as many of their players?! I'd take Argentina's second string over Brazil's at the moment, I'll tell you that for nothing! And that's without Pato in the Argentinian squad :tongue2 4. Brazil are barely a shadow of what they used to be. People have short memories, don't they? Remember the pressure Dunga was under a few months ago due to shoddy Brazilian performances? That's not changed - they've simply gained a level of fortune! Much like Argentina, actually - lots of good individuals, poor "team" performances. 5. Out of the sides you've named for the World Cup, only four have matched or beaten their previous displays since the last World Cup - Spain, Netherlands, Russia, and England. The rest are drastically on the decline - just look at their performances! As for Asia having "nothing" - true, they normally don't, but I don't think I've seen a better Japan side than this one since Nakata was at his peak. I don't think South Korea have been this good since Hiddink was in charge either!! I think we'll see a good World Cup but not for the right reasons i.e. I don't think there's anywhere near enough quality for this to be a great footballing event. If things go as they should then Spain will walk this but football is a strange mistress sometimes. The old rules say don't back against Brazil or Germany but I've never seen either side play as badly as they do now. Anyway, good luck with whatever you back and I'll drink to your health if Brazil win it this year!:beer
1) So you think there are more Argentinians In Europe than there are Brazilians. ? okay mate nice to know that... lol.. I havent been counting them up. 2)Argentina have had players playing in Europe longer than BRazil..? Nice to know man also. Great stuff.. lol 3) And you think Argentina 2nd Team is better than Brazils 2nd Team. LOL. okay man. I dont see what that has to do with anything. 4)Thanks for highlighting the Fact that Dunga was under pressure also. I think we all remember thanks but it was nice you reminded us. 5)I wasn't going on FOrm or anything. I just mentioned the main European teams that will be a threat in the WC. I wasn't putting them in any Ranking or particular order. You have brought up some pointless topics here. Don't understand why you did that.

You are still missing the point. Maradonna is NOT a manager. He has lived his life based on reputation if you looked through what he's accomplished since his retirement? :moon:puke:zzz:cry So what if they have Messi? He was useless the last few games cause he was played of position. Look at Portugal, they have C.Ronaldo but they just barely nicked into qualifying. This is a team sport, there are teams out there with low profile names but they have great team chemistry and unity. Primary example, Russia, before Hiddink took over, there weren't too many household names but now all of a sudden people know who Arshavin, Pavlychenko, Zhirkov, Pogrebniak, Akinfeev, etc. Where were they before Hiddink? Who cares about names. Aim of the game is score goals and defend to collect 3 points. If you had the world's best XI and still manage to lose....so what?
Everyone knew before Maradonna got appointed that he had no previous managerial experience. The reason they appointed him was because the team needed a Boost as they were Not performing to expectations. SO they got someone in that they thought could Raise the Morale of the team. International football works abit different to Club Football. It kind of worked for Germany when they got Klinsmann in didnt it. Everyone wanted him sacked before the WC, but what happened, he guided them into the Semi Finals and everyone loved him. I think the POint here is. Uraguay 0-1 Argentina .. Thats the point mate and it sounds like you were one of the people on Uraguay, and becasue I went agianst them, you got the ass with me. Cant you just congratulate people instead of trying to find something to pick at. We all win some and we all lose some, thats a fact.

Everyone knew before Maradonna got appointed that he had no previous managerial experience. The reason they appointed him was because the team needed a Boost as they were Not performing to expectations. SO they got someone in that they thought could Raise the Morale of the team. International football works abit different to Club Football. It kind of worked for Germany when they got Klinsmann in didnt it. Everyone wanted him sacked before the WC, but what happened, he guided them into the Semi Finals and everyone loved him. I think the POint here is. Uraguay 0-1 Argentina .. Thats the point mate and it sounds like you were one of the people on Uraguay, and becasue I went agianst them, you got the ass with me. Cant you just congratulate people instead of trying to find something to pick at. We all win some and we all lose some, thats a fact.
You still fail to see the point. Yes I was on Uruguay but I am not sour about them losing. It is the fact you fail to realize that team chemistry is far superior than super star status. "Everyone" wanted Klinsmann sacked? He didn't make the old timers too happy but he was keen on establishing a different type of football...offense, what has Maradonna installed? Perhaps you should know that after Klinsmann retired, he was active within the footy community primarily in the states where he still resides. Maradonna? Was he still keen on the footballing world? Nope. When was the last time a host nation didn't fair well in a World Cup? Good for you that you won your bet but you still are missing the point when we are discussing the whole issue on team selection and maradonna. You are still stuck on reputation than team chemistry.

You still fail to see the point. Yes I was on Uruguay but I am not sour about them losing. It is the fact you fail to realize that team chemistry is far superior than super star status. "Everyone" wanted Klinsmann sacked? He didn't make the old timers too happy but he was keen on establishing a different type of football...offense, what has Maradonna installed? Perhaps you should know that after Klinsmann retired, he was active within the footy community primarily in the states where he still resides. Maradonna? Was he still keen on the footballing world? Nope. When was the last time a host nation didn't fair well in a World Cup? Good for you that you won your bet but you still are missing the point when we are discussing the whole issue on team selection and maradonna. You are still stuck on reputation than team chemistry.
Go back and read my posts about the game. I explained to Paul R a few pages back why I was backing Argentina, cos he questioned my pick also saying that Argentina are off form, and Maradonna is off his head. Hes points were very good and I was thinking the same way for a while, but I had a different view on the game after thinking about it. I wasn't laying Uraguay just because Argentina have better players, this was not the reason I layed Uraguay. Go back and read my posts properly before you say im missing the point.. I have never said that I rate Maradonna as a good manager, when did I write that? I even agreed that Argentina have been very poor and they look like the team to Lay, but in football it doesn't always go the way you think is most obvious especially when qualification is at stake, and you have players like Argentina have. So no i wasn't going on the reputation of Maradonna or on the reputation of Argentina. I wrote a valid post about the game before it started, I gave my reasons for laying Uraguay. I aslo layed Brazil against Bolivia aslo. GO and read that one too. dont just go on reputation or back the name of a team. I back a team when I know who's representing that team on the day. At the end of the day, Football matches are close encounters, and can go either way on their day. So i got a little lucky. Thats all.

1) So you think there are more Argentinians In Europe than there are Brazilians. ? okay mate nice to know that... lol.. I havent been counting them up. 2)Argentina have had players playing in Europe longer than BRazil..? Nice to know man also. Great stuff.. lol 3) And you think Argentina 2nd Team is better than Brazils 2nd Team. LOL. okay man. I dont see what that has to do with anything. 4)Thanks for highlighting the Fact that Dunga was under pressure also. I think we all remember thanks but it was nice you reminded us. 5)I wasn't going on FOrm or anything. I just mentioned the main European teams that will be a threat in the WC. I wasn't putting them in any Ranking or particular order. You have brought up some pointless topics here. Don't understand why you did that.
Regarding the Argies abroad - it's not something that I "think" - it's been proven before now :) The point of bringing it up was that you're doing an awful lot of assuming and not a lot of assuring. Call it personal taste, but when I post tips on here or when I read someone else's tips, I prefer them to be based upon facts rather than misinformed people/information i.e. so the punters know the correct information ahead of making a bet. I might be speaking out of turn for the rest of the forum but I'm going to hazard a guess that the vast majority will agree with this point, although I'm open to being proved wrong here :) Summarised; speak on what you know, not what you think you know. All the best for future bets :beer

Regarding the Argies abroad - it's not something that I "think" - it's been proven before now :) The point of bringing it up was that you're doing an awful lot of assuming and not a lot of assuring. Call it personal taste, but when I post tips on here or when I read someone else's tips, I prefer them to be based upon facts rather than misinformed people/information i.e. so the punters know the correct information ahead of making a bet. I might be speaking out of turn for the rest of the forum but I'm going to hazard a guess that the vast majority will agree with this point, although I'm open to being proved wrong here :) Summarised; speak on what you know, not what you think you know. All the best for future bets :beer
What have I assumed.. ? The only thing I assumed was the outcome of the match in topic. Your wasting your time and mine trying to accuse me of writing things I haven't written. PS: If you dont agree with my views and picks, Just ignore them if they annoy you so much