Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 81 - WISHFULL THINKING - Hereford 13.10 Wishfull Thinking comes to join the hurdling ranks today, after running well in a bumper at hereford back in February. He has reportedly schooled well at home, and connections are hoping to gain more success over hurdles. Having won a point to point in Ireland before coming over to the UK, he should take to the fences well, and it would not be a surprise to see him run boldly here today. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 82 - OSCAR WHISKEY - Newbury 13.25 Nicky Henderson sends Oscar Whiskey over hurdles for the first tome tomorrow, after seeing him win twice already at Newbury this year. Coming home infront in both him bumpers, Oscar Whiskey has been nothing short of first class up to this point. Winning these race by a combined 13 lengths, it is expected that he will be similarly hard to beat over hurdles. Clearly he will be a short price, but a horse with his profile should be able to take a race like this in his stride. Although there is a large field, it seems to lack much depth and if Oscar Whiskey takes to the hurdles, then he will prove very tricky to beat. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Cheers Billy :) :ok With regards to the culling/adding of the list... Yes, I do plan to make some alterations, I finish work on Friday and have 2 weeks off. I am planning on making some changes then, analysing what has gone on so far, and seeing if there are any adjustments I could make to make the thread more profitable... Any suggestions are most certainly welcome :)

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 83 - DIAMOND BROOK – 13.50 – Exeter Nick Williams’ gelding has not won this season, but has shown some smart form. Most notably, last time out, at Wincanton, when he finished second behind Pepe Simo. The Paul Nicholls horse has gone on to be a well backed favourite for the Ladbroke, and the form looks solid. With a bit of give in the ground, Diamond Broom should relish the conditions and will be hard to beat. He looks the progressive type, and should put up a bold show. The race looks strong though, and he will have to have improved to win. Keki Buku looks like a big threat, but last time out he unseated. The price of about 3/1 looks a little on the short side. He has been backed ion from around the 9/2 mark last night however, so there must be some confidence behind his run.

2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 84 - QUWETWO - Haydock 12.40 A belated first appearance of the season for Quwetwo sees him compete in an open looking Novice Chase at Haydock. Last season, Howard Johnson had good success with Quwetwo, seeing him win 3 times before finishing down the field in The Ballymore. This is his chading debut, and he will have been well prepped for it at home. Having just had 5 starts, he is lightly raced, and is viewed as being a progressive type by connections. Despite the lay off since March, he should be contesting the finish in this trappy looking race. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 84 - Binocular - Kempton - Christmas Hurdle I am not taking much notice of the Fighting Fifth form, I do not think it was a truly run race, and the fact that Binocular finished 5th should be taken with a pinch of salt in my opinion. Connections could not offer any explanation for the poor run, but report Binocular to be in excellent shape at home now, and they expect a big run on Boxing Day. Go Native was way overpriced lto, and did well to win the race, but I really think that Binocular will reverse the form tomorrow. The Kempton track suits Binocular's running style, and with his speed on the flat I think he will prove to be very difficult to beat. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bets 85 and 86 - KAUTO STAR and BARBERS SHOP - Kempton - King George All eyes will be on Kauto as he attempts to make history and win this prestigious race for the 4th year running. His Haydock run will have sharpened him up no end, his first run of the year always does. Although he would have lost to Imperial Commander had the Twiston Davies runner not crashed a few fences in the last 2 furlongs I think he ran a solid race. The flat Kempton track suits him, and with a few front runners in the field, a strong gallop will be set that will play into Kauto's hands. At 4/7, he isn't a fantastic price, but with him being rated 9llbs better than the field, he will not have to be at his best to win this renewal. 2pts win Barbers Shop has been kept on my list, despite not staying in the Hennessey. He was in contention before emptying pretty quickly up the home straight, but if that run has sharpened him up, and if the race is ran more to his style tomorrow, then he could spring a bit of a surprise at a nice price. He jumps well, so the fact that he is 16/1 looks like representing a bit of value. 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 87 - BOUGGLER - Wincanton - 15.25 Emma Lavelle's 4 year old has not yet fired this season, but is clearly capable. He ran with promise first time out this season, finishing 3rd of 8, behind MikHael D'Haguenet. If he can reproduce the form he showed last year, then he should be in with a chance in this type of race. However, his latest effort, at Kempton was below par, and he will have to recapture some of his previous fine form. An e/w bet is on the cards, with the hope that he has managed to correct any wrongs from last run. 1pt e/w

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 88 - ALAIVAN - 13.20 - Leopardstown Alaivan looks like a star in the making. His run a few weeks ago, at Gowran Park, simply confirmed his promise, when he easily won at odds of 1/3. This looks like a sterner test of his ability today, but it would be no surprise if he won again, most probably starting odds on. The rest of the field look like a mixed bag, with Cross Appeal being the selections chief threat. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 89 - SPORTS LINE - 14.10 - Limerick Another Irish superstar in the making runs at Limerick today. Sports Line was mighty impressive last time out at Navan. Jumping very well and staying opn nicely over 2m1f. The extra 2f today should not stretch him too much, and if he is to cement his festival credentials then he should take this race in his stride. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Got the 1st and 3rd in the King George, Bouggler finished second at 6/1. Binocular doesn't look the horse he was last year, and alaivan also ran below par. Sports Line was a non runner. Bets - 88 Wins - 42 Places - 10 Losses - 36 Bank - 254pts P/L - +54pts

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 89 - RIVERSIDE THEATRE - Kempton - 13.30 Smart form in the book behind Hurrican Fly last year, and that was transferred to a 28 length demolition at Newbury last time out. He goes well with cut in the ground and is the preferred entry from Henderson's yard. Being heavily tipped this morning, an d short odds mean that the value may be gone, but he should still put in a big show in this decent looking race. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 90 - PANDORAMA - 13.30 - Leopardstown Grade 1 action in Ireland :) Pandorama goes for the 4-timer here, and will be sent off favourite to do so. He has taken the switch to fences in his stride, quite literally, and has swept aside everything he has met so far this year. Today the course and distance winner opposes some nice looking types, but with another clear round of jumping we should be applauding a real star in the making home here. Davy Condon takes the ride, as he did last time, and he should give Pandorama the perfect ride. Odds are hovering around the 5/4 mark, and IMO, that is a fair price for a very exciting horse. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bets 91 and 92 - COOLDINE and ARAN CONCERTO - 14.35 - Leopardstown Further Grade 1 action, this tie in the form of the Lexus chase, and this looks like a cracking renewal in my opinion. This really does look wide open, and there are a number of interesting runners. I am interested in how What a Friend gets on, as his run in the Hennessey was eye catching, and Nicholls is bullish about his chances. However, the 2 from my list to follow are COOLDINE and ARAN CONCERTO. Starting with the outsider of the 2, Aran Concerto fell close to home last time out, after a lengthy lay off. Despite his fall, he was travelling nicely till 4 out, when he made his error. If he has come on from the run, he should be a fitter horse today, and does stand a chance of making the frame. Odds of around 18/1 do seem too generous to me, and an each way bet offers good value. The second of the 2, Cooldine, is more prominent in the market, and rightly so. He is held in high regards by the Mullins stable, and he is expecting big things from Cooldine. He was prolific last season, culminating in a great win in the RSA chase. He disappointed next time out in the Irish Champion Chase, but that effort may have come too soon after Cheltenham, and if he has trained on, then the 5/1 available for him today could be an each way steal. The lay off of 244 days is a slight worry, but I am sure Mullins will have him fighting fit, and a bold show is to be expected. 2 x 1pt each way bets at odds of 18/1 and 5/1

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 93 - PRINCE TAIME - 15.05 - Leicester Just 4 go to post in this Novice chase, and with an odds on favourite, I think that Prince Taime is slightly overpriced. Despite proving difficult to win with, I am perservering, as I think he has ran some decent races so far this season. The smaller field may play into his hands here today. He is receiving 6 lbs from Theatrical Moment, who beat him 13 lengths last time, and that could prove decisive. The selection should be open to improvment, as this is just his 3rd chase start, so he should be able to close the gap significantly here. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Going to have to be lame again today I am afraid. Have just received my email alert, letting me know that 11 of my horses are running today! I am heading off to Newbury in an hour, leaving me pretty much no time to do write ups, no matter how brief. 2 of them are the Lexus pair from yesterday, with the majority of the rest racing at Newbury. Sorry for the basic post today. Quantitativeeasing (IRE) 13:30 Newbury Manyriverstocross (IRE) 14:05 Newbury Reve De Sivola (FR) 14:05 Newbury Finian's Rainbow (IRE) 14:05 Newbury Diamond Harry (GB) 14:40 Newbury Big Buck's (FR) 14:40 Newbury Karabak (FR) 14:40 Newbury (1pt E/W) Voler La Vedette (IRE) 12:20 Leopardstown Aran Concerto (IRE) 13:25 Leopardstown (1pt E/W) Cooldine (IRE) 13:25 Leopardstown Solwhit (FR) 14:00 Leopardstown ll bets are 2pt win bets, unless otherwise stated. I will update the figures when I get home later.

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Quantitativeeasing (IRE) 13:30 Newbury 1st @ 2/5 Manyriverstocross (IRE) 14:05 Newbury nowhere Reve De Sivola (FR) 14:05 Newbury 1st @ 4/1 Finian's Rainbow (IRE) 14:05 Newbury placed Diamond Harry (GB) 14:40 Newbury placed Big Buck's (FR) 14:40 Newbury 1st @ 1/2 Karabak (FR) 14:40 Newbury (1pt E/W) 2nd @ 14/1 Voler La Vedette (IRE) 12:20 Leopardstown 1st @ 1/3 Aran Concerto (IRE) 13:25 Leopardstown (1pt E/W) nowhere Cooldine (IRE) 13:25 Leopardstown nowhere Solwhit (FR) 14:00 Leopardstown 1st @ 10/11

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 A number of non runners due to abandonments at Sandown today and withdrawals from races yesterday at Cheltenham. Still, things are looking OK in terms of progression of the thread. I am happy with the returns so far. Hopefully the profit will continue right the way up to Cheltenham :)

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 103 - TASHEBA - Lanzarote Hurdle - Kempton Last seen winning a decent looking race at Sandown, on Heavy ground in December, Tasheba re-appears at Kempton tomorrow. The Lanzarote Hurdle looks fiercely competitive this year, as usual, and it will take some winning. The Henderson yard were on fire before the enforced lay off, so if they pick up where they left off then despite being second top weight, Tasheba could be hard to beat. The early price of 9/2 looks fair enough, and despite it being half a point below my usual benchmark for an E/W bet, that is what I am planning on placing. Seeing as we have had such a long lay off I am playing cautious tomorrow, and for the next few days, to ensure that no silly mistakes are made... 1pt E/W @ 9/2

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10

WISHFULL THINKING – Taunton – 14.30 Wishfull Thinking takes his chance today after being unable to race at Newbury yesterday due to the snow. Wishfull Thinking is well regarded at home and is going to be targeted at The Festival come March time. He should win this sort of race if he is up to that standard. Last time out, at Hereford, he won well and should be taken to follow up. He handles the going well, and has won over the distance. All things point towards him following up, with Express Leader his biggest threat. 2pts win

QOZAK – Taunton – 15.00 Nicholls sends Qozak to Taunton today rather than taking up an engagement at Ascot at the weekend. The meeting there may well be rained off, so it is not a surprise that Nicholls wants to get a run out of Qozak, who has been off course for nearly a year. Last seen finishing 4th in an amateurs race at Aintree, Qozak won twice previously, both at Taunton. Today, he returns to the scene of his victories, and although he has been the subject of a long lay off, he may well prove to be very good value in this race. It is expected that he will be sent over the bigger obstacles soon. 2pts win

EQUUS MAXIMUS – Gowran Park – 14.35 Willie Mullins sends 5 to Gowran Park for this valuable handicap, and Equus Maximus does look like having a decent chance, despite him not being the Mullins first string. Having been seen finishing 5th of 6th last time out, after a lay off he should be in better shape today, and ready to make more of an impact on the race. The ground is going to suit him perfectly, as he has won on very testing ground before and although Ruby Walsh deserts him in favour of the favourite, his replacement is the excellent Davy Condon. IN a race paying 4 places, I believe that Equus Maximus stands a far better chance than the average 25/1 shot, and looks like being a very decent value each way prospect. 1pt E/W