Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Sunday saw lots more action: Master Minded, Lidar, Solwhit and Reve De Sivola all ran. We all know that Master Minded finished 3rd (conceding lumps of weight to Well Chief), Lidar finished 2nd, as did Reve De Sivola. Luckily, Solwhit put in a decent performance to beat Hurricane Fly in Ireland, winning at 7/4. This leaves: Bets - 32 Wins - 14 Places - 4 Losses - 14 Bank - 199pts P/L - -1pts

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Monday saw a couple of selections running at Plumpton. Both Bensalem and The Betchworth kid won, at short odds of 4/9 and 4/6... Leaving: Bets - 34 Wins - 16 Places - 4 Losses - 14 Bank - 201pts P/L - 1pts So, after all that, the thread is 1pt up. I know there have been a large number of short priced selections, but this is to be expected with the nature of the thread, I am confident that come the end of the season I will have an excellent knowledge of all the horses that have ran in the thread, and hopefully it will also show a small (at least!!!) profit!

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 35 - BALLYBRIGGAN - 12.40 - Market Rasen Ballybriggan makes his hurdling debut after more than 240 days off the track. His bumper win at Wetherby was pleasing on the eye, with him easing to a 3 and a half length win over Mr Syntax. Whilst the form does not set the world alight, the ease of victory was pleasing, as he seemed very green initially, but the penny soon dropped. Sure to be a force to be reckoned with in novice hurdle races in the North this season, Ballybriggan should have a good chance of getting his head in front at the first time of asking of hurdles. The distance seems ideal, and this well bred horse should be tough to beat. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 36 - PRINCE TAIME - Ascot - 13.30 Was pulled up on his seasonal re-appearance recently, which was somewhat of a disappointedment, however, with such smart form over hurdles it is impossible to rule this one out. Only finished out of the placings twice, and with a 40% win rate, Prince Taime does have the class to take to the jumping game. However, he will have had to come on from his last run if he is going to have enough to beat Zemsky today. If he does come up second best here however, I am sure that he will find races to win later in the season... 1pt E/W Bet 37 and 38 MANYRIVERSTOCROSS and VINO GRIEGO - Ascot - 14.05 Alan King's 4 year old was VERY impressive indeed when easily winning his hurdling debut earlier this month at Chepstow. He looked like a very decent hurdling prospect that day, after displaying some very decent form on the flat. Clearly, he has taken to this game, and will prove very hard to beat in this race - his eyes are firmly set on the more prestigious races come Festival time. However, there is another horse in the lineup he should have enough class to run into the places today - VINO GRIEGO. Not seen fr nearly 300 days, Vino Griego has raced twice, winning his bumper on his second outing. That was a course and distance victory, which is a major positive. Clearly, he will have had to improve over the summer, and come on from that effort, but if he is as fit as possible then he should be able to run a big race here today. Well regarded by the trainer, and goes well on Heavy ground, as proven when he won his bumper here in February. MANYRIVERSTOCROSS - 2pts win VINO GRIEGO - 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 39 - KAUTO STAR - Haydock - 2.55 The champion returns to action! A race later than last year, where he took in the JN Wine Chase in Ireland, which this year saw Notre Pere unseat his rider when travelling well. Kauto Star is best when fresh according to Paul Nicholls, and he cannot get much fresher than this. last seen winning the Gold Cup, Kauto Star should have everything pointing in his favour here tomorrow. He has won this race twice before, and was looking like challenging when unseating Sam Thomas at the final fence last year. His record on Soft ground is excellent - 5 wins from 6 (the one loss was at Exeter, when he fell, was remounted by Ruby and ran on well to finish 2nd, despite having a broken bone in his leg). He likes it best around flat tracks (as his wins here and at Kempton seem to suggest), and he has Ruby back on board for this one tomorrow. He really should be odds on IMO, but there has been money for Notre Pere. However, the conditions may not have turned poor enough for Notre Pere, as Haydock has missed a lot of the rain that the rest of us have been dealing with. I expect Kauto Star to be bang in form, and a huge run can be expected. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 40 and 41 - ZAYNAR and KARABAK - 14.35 - Ascot Zaynar can become a real star in the hurdling world. As he is just a 4 year old he has plenty of time on his side, and the way in which he won his race at the Festival was so impressive. He shrugged off a big knock from Walkon, and ran on up the hill really strongly. The extra few furlings tomorrow should suit him, as should the ground. The form of the festival race has been well and truly franked aswell, with the 4th, 5th and 6th going on to win races since. One big danger could be Karabak. Karabak won twice last season, and was an impressive second in the Ballymore at the festival - his connections expect him to be aimed at the World Hurdle this year however, and this race tomorrow is a starting point on the road to Cheltenham. He will be stepped up in distance after this in all liklihood, but this should give connections an idea of just how good he actually is. ZAYNAR - 2pts win KARABAK 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 42 -DIAMOND HARRY - Haydock 14.20 Diamond Harry only lost once last season, in the Ballymore, and really put Nick Williams on the map. This year he returns to hurdles and contests this really good looking race at haydock as his starting point, that will surely see him return to the Fextival in March. This race looks tough to win, but Diamond Harry is such a class act that even carrying top weight should not be enough to stop him. I expect the fact he also acts with a bit of cut in the ground to really play into his hands here tomorrow. He is the class act in the field, after only finding Karabak and Mikhael D'Haguenet too good for him last season. A really exciting horse, who can go right to the top of the hurdling ranks, 1pt E/W (fc price is 6/1)

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 :cow:cow:cow:cow Now thats more like it. 3 1sts and a 2nd :) I think we saw some seriously nice horses here today :) Cannot wait to see where they all go next. Kauto will come on for that, and will surely win on Boxing Day, Zaynar is now 6/1 for the big one, and Diamond harry won at a canter. Bets - 42 Wins - 19 Places - 5 Losses - 18 Bank - 205pts P/L - +5pts

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Seems to be a problem with my email alerts, particularly with some of the Irish runners. I have just been scanning results and noticed that SPORTS LINE won on Sunday at 5/6. I am going to include this in figures, as I would have if he had lost. Seems to be quite an exciting horse, from what I read he won easily and jumped really well... Bets - 43 Wins - 20 Places - 5 Losses - 18 Bank - 207pts P/L - +7pts

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Four more runners tomorrow: Bet 44 - RIVERSIDE THEATRE - Newbury - 12.55 A really nice looking little race here, and my selection, Riverside Theatre must have a good chance. The yard are in terrific form, and Riverside Theatre looks built to tackle fences. He is suited by Kempton, having won there in a number of occasions, but has also been successful here at Newbury. His last race, in Ireland saw him finishing third behind Hurricane Fly, and that was a decent performance. If his hurdling ability is transferred to fences then he will be very smart. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 45 - MICHEL LE BON - Newbury - 14.05 A valuable race, containing some decent horses. Petitfour won his chasing debut at Cheltenham a few weeks ago, so has to be feared, but he did not look that at home over fences in my opinion. Although the fences at Newbury are not as tricky, I think the speed of the track could catch him out, and Michel Le Bon is a perfect candidate to expose any flaws Petitfour may have. Although the selection has been off the course for more than 200 days, he should be fit and ready. Nicholls' yard seems to be coming back to form. He is very well regarded by the Ditcheat team, and Nicholls has been quoted as saying 'he cannot wait to send him over fences...' 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 46 - OSCAR WHISKY - Newbury - 15.45 Nicky Henderson sends Oscar Whisky back to the scene of his only win to date. The bumper he won at Newbury back in March looked like an impressive win, as he scored easily, by 9 lengths. Although that was 250 days and the ground was somewhat different from what he will encounter tomorrow he is potentially very smart and should be respected. The rest of the field are pretty much unknowns, with only Eight Palms having won before, and Tail of the Bank being the only other contender having seen a racecourse. An interesting runner. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 47 - EQUUS MAXIMUS - Thurles - 13.00 Ruby Walsh and Willie Mullins team up tomorrow, with Equus Maximus. He was last seen at Punchestown, winning over 2m 5f, beating Tranquil Sea by 4 lengths. That form has clearly worked out very well, and I cannot see much else getting a say here tomorrow. A recreation of that run would be enough to win this heat, although the shorter distance is a slight concern, he should have enough speed to win over this 2m trip. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10

Seems to be a problem with my email alerts' date=' particularly with some of the Irish runners. I have just been scanning results and noticed that SPORTS LINE won on Sunday at 5/6. [b']I am going to include this in figures, as I would have if he had lost. Seems to be quite an exciting horse, from what I read he won easily and jumped really well... Bets - 43 Wins - 20 Places - 5 Losses - 18 Bank - 207pts P/L - +7pts
Liar ;) :clap

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 No worries mate. Will have to catch up soon, maybe a meet sometime before the PL meet at Ascot? That will be a good laugh, but it will be freezing. Remember when you, Tipster and I were there this year??? I am pleased with the thread, things are starting to move in the right direction. Looking forward to some of the runners having their second run, after seemingly needing the first outing to get fully fit...

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Tip, I have previously included losses that I did not post reasoning up for. It is the only way to keep an accurate P/L total for the notebook horses... Sometimes it is just not possible to write up about a horses chance, especially if the email alert doesn't work properly!!!

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 48 - PUNCHESTOWNS - Newbury - 2.40 The very classy hurdler Punchestowns makes his chasing debut at Newbury tomorrow. Last season he was unlucky that Big Bucks fell in the Hennessey, as if he hadn't, he would probably not have been sent hurdling. However, we all know that he did, and consequently, Punchestowns was very much second best to Big Bucks for the rest of the season. The form he ran too was excellent though, and if he can transfer that kind of form and speed to the larger obstacles then his rivals will find him very hard to beat. As a result of this, he only faces 3 rivals here tomorrow, and is likely to be long odds on. There have been some very bullish reports from his yard, apparantly he has taken to fences like a duck to water, and a number of largish bets have already been placed on him coming up trumps at Cheltenham later in the season. It will be a major shock if he does not win this heat tomorrow. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 49 - TOCCA FERRO - Newbury - 3.45 ONe of my favourite up and coming trainers, Emma Lavelle, sends out Tocca Ferro for his first run over hurdles tomorrow at Newbury. Only having seen a racecourse once, Tocca Ferro was successful on his one and only start, over 250 days ago at Wincanton. The ground conditions that day are similar to Newbury tomorrow, and that is a plus for this exciting looking prospect. Clearly, he will have to be at the very top of his game if he is to topple Bellvano and Henry King, but an e/w bet looks like a good idea and it would not be any surprise if he did finish in the money here tomorrow. 1pt e/w

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Right, I am literally about to leave for Newbury, and I have this many horses running from the thread: Finian's Rainbow (IRE) 12:25 Newbury Big Buck's (FR) 13:35 Newbury Denman (IRE) 14:40 Newbury Barbers Shop (GB) 14:40 Newbury Killyglen (IRE) 14:40 Newbury Cappa Bleu (IRE) 14:40 Newbury Binocular (FR) 13:50 Newcastle Solwhit (FR) 13:50 Newcastle Quantitativeeasing (IRE) 14:25 Newcastle Great Endeavour (IRE) 14:00 Towceste So... I don't have much time on my hands for write ups :( I will back them all, as per the thread 'rules', so its 2pts win for prices less than 5/1, 1pt e/w the rest. Sorry for the lame post, but I have really not got much time today...

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Finian's Rainbow (IRE) 12:25 Newbury 1st @ 9/4 Big Buck's (FR) 13:35 Newbury 1st @ 2/5 Denman (IRE) 14:40 Newbury 1st @ 11/4 Barbers Shop (GB) 14:40 Newbury 4th @ 13/2 Killyglen (IRE) 14:40 Newbury nowhere Cappa Bleu (IRE) 14:40 Newbury fell Binocular (FR) 13:50 Newcastle nowhere Solwhit (FR) 13:50 Newcastle nowhere Quantitativeeasing (IRE) 14:25 Newcastle 1st @ 1/2 Great Endeavour (IRE) 14:00 Towceste 1st @ 8/13 Bets - 59 Wins - 29 Places - 7 Losses - 23 Bank - 221pts P/L - +21pts :ok

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bets 60 and 61 - PREMIER SAGAS and TURBO ISLAND - Carlisle 12.20 2 of my horses to follow oppose today in this heat, after both dissappointing on their first run of the season. This heat looks very winnable, with not a great deal of quality horses lining up. Saying that, there are some decent prices available on these two. 11/4 Premier Sagas and 11/2 Turbo Island. Therefore a win bet on the former, and E/W bet on the latter are advised. Premier Sagas was left far too far off the pace on his hurdling debut at Newcastle, but finished strongly and there is certainly some hope for him here. Turbo Island has won points in Ireland, and should strip far fitter after his initial run at Chepstow. They will both have to be at the top of their game however, to beat the interesting Bivouac. Premier Sagas - 2pts win - drifted to an E/W price of 5/1 before the off, e/w terms taken... Turbo Island - 1pt E/W