** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 148 - DIAMOND BROOK - SANDOWN 14.00 Havn't had a runner from the thread for a while, with the majority of the horses getting ready for Cheltenham. Diamond Brook maybe has not lived up to expectations yet this season, but he has the ability to score here, and can do so at a decent price. He seemed to climck last time out, at Exeter when sent off favourite in a Grade 4 race. With the return to the winners enclosure, Diamond Brook may well come on from that run, and with slightly better grund today, he may well find that to suit him aswell. 1pt E/W

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 149 - TOCCA FERRO - Sandown 15.05 With a 50% strike rate, Tocca Ferro has the ability to win such a competitive race, but his last run seemed to be slightly below par. Seemingly acts on any going, but the trip could have been the problem last time out. A drop back to 2 miles should see a return to form, and if he is at the top of his game then a decent effort should be expected. 1pt E/W

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Right. The Cheltenham Festival is here :) As stated at the beginning of the thread, the aim of the thread was to follow NH horses through to the Cheltenham Festival, and hopefully show some profit at the same time. I can safely say, that this season I have enjoyed the season more than any other. I have good knowledge of the horses mentioned in the thread, and as a result, have a nice portfolio of ante-post Cheltenham bets. I am going to come back to this thread after the Festival, and follow it through till the end of the NH season. As a result of so many of the horses mentioned in the thread opposing each other at the Festival, it does not make sense to back them all. I had a quick chat with Rob about this when I saw him at Newbury preview night last week. Instead of backing all the horses from the thread, I shall be running a new 'Cheltenham Festival' thread, starting with a new bank, and selecting only my best choices in the respective races. So, until after the Festival, this thread is being put on hold. I have been really happy with the profit it has showed, and that has allowed me to book my summer holiday, and have a nice betting bank for the Festival - what more could I ask for. :):):):) Well... I could have backed Quweto when he ran at Kelso!!!!! :wall:wall:wall:wall

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 A couple of runners at Hexham: Bet 150 - NOBLE ALAN - Hexham - 14.55 A 3 runner race, which may well play into the hands of Noble Alan. Nicky Henderson's charge was easily the best of the 3 over smaller obstacles, and that class should show here. Already a course and distance winner over fences, he should manage to score here, albeit at fairly restrictive odds. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 151 - PREMIER SAGAS - Hexham - 15.35 Despite having to carry a penalty, and therefore give weight all round, Premier Sagas should be good enough to win this one. Already has some decent form in the book, and knows how to win. He has the highest rating in the field, and could well have plenty more improvment to come. The race looks very weak, and a good number of the runners can easily be discounted. I think that the selection should have enough in store here to bag another win. 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 :lol @ Hexham too! Yeah mate, it is working out OK actually. Obviously, I cannot get involved with any live betting, but I have not found out any of the results till I have watched them on getting in from work... Still, not as good as being there though. Good work today by the way :)

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Hexham?.... WORK???...On Cheltenham week? They shouldn`t have any other meetings on during Cheltenham and Channel 4 should show all the races live, the reason they have moved the start times back to 1.30 instead of 2.00 is to show 5 races instead of the normal 4 just so they don`t have to re-schedule Deal Or No Fecking Deal. The best 4 days racing in the world and they don`t show every race live...it`s a bloody disgrace!!!!!! :@

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 152 - NOBLE ALAN - 14.40 Ayr Almost certainly going to be sent off long odds on, Noble Alan should easily be able to follow up his victory last week here. Once again, a small field goes to post and it will be a big shock if Nicky Richard's stable star does not do the business here. He has never gone this far before, but judging by the way he has won in the past, and the standard of his opposition here today that should not be a big problem. Although the price will not be much to shout home about, he should win, and therefore generate a small profit for the thread. 2pts win

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 So, getting towards the end of the season. The thread has slowed down due to the reduction in runners. I am happy that the thread has kept me interested in the NH season, and more importantly, has showed a profit. I am keeping it going until after the Aintree meeting, then starting up a similar thread for the flat season. 2 runners today.

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bet 153 - TURBO ISLAND - Haydock 16.35 Won nicely in the end last time, meaning he is 4 wins from 6 starts. He does appear to like a bit of cut in the ground, and he will certainly get that here today. Stepped up in trip, and in class, this will be a more difficult task than his previous races, but he should be able to make his presence felt, and at an E/W price we also have the place options. 1pt E/W Bet 154 - DIAMOND BROOK - Haydock 17.10 A tight looking 6 runner race this. Hopefully Diamond Brook can bounce back from a somewhat disappointing race last time out. His best runs, including a win 2 starts ago, have come in testing ground. So the heavy going here today should play into his hands, and he has as good a chance of any of these . 2pts win

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Bets - 154 Wins - 68 Places - 18 Losses - 68 Bank - 257pts P/L - +57pts Hopefully there will be a few more winners for the thread coming over the next few days at the Aintree meeting. I will be closing the thread after this weekend, and concentrating on my flat thread. Although a few big priced winners have been missed (sods law) I have enjoyed the thread, and am happy with the profit it has shown. :)

Re: Alexmac's NH Thread 2009/10 Thanks mate :) I would have deemed the thread to be a really big success had I backed all the cheltenham winners (3 at double figure odds), and Quwetwo at Kelso. Saying that, I didn't...! Partly through my alerts not working correctly at Kelso, and my decision to not back all the threads' runners at The Festival. Each year I am learning though, and I will take this thread to be a success, and move onwards and upwards both for the flat season, and for next years' jumps season. Plus, I never know, I may get a nice winner at Aintree!