Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!!

AA_Hall

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! If Akenhead's on fire then what is Yegveny TImoshenko?!! Currently 3rd in chips having last week won the Main Event of the WCOOP for $1.7m. He's won a WPT ($2.1m) an APT, and final tabled at WSOPE, EPT and Aussie Millions Live results as follows

30-Jun-2009 usa.gif WSOP.gif $ 5,000 No Limit Hold'em – Six Handed 40th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2009, Las Vegas 49th $ 13,957
13-Jun-2009 usa.gif WSOP.gif $ 10,000 World Championship Heads-Up 40th World Series of Poker (WSOP) 2009, Las Vegas 16th $ 38,424
18-Apr-2009 usa.gif WPT.gif $ 25,000 No Limit Hold'em - Championship Event Seventh Annual Five Star World Poker Classic, Las Vegas 1st $ 2,149,960
19-Sep-2008 eng.gif WSOP.gif £ 1,500 No Limit Hold'em 2008 World Series Of Poker - Europe, London 3rd £ 55,350 $ 100,666
13-Sep-2008 esp.gif € 2,000 No Limit Hold'em EPT Barcelona Open, Barcelona 2nd € 94,000 $ 134,087
26-Aug-2008 mac.gif $ 5,000 No Limit Hold'em Asian Poker Tour - Macau , Macau 1st $ 500,000
12-Jan-2008 aus.gif A$ 3,000 Two Card Manila Championship 2008 Aussie Millions Poker Championship, Melbourne 3rd A$ 10,800 $ 9,494
05-Jan-2008 aus.gif A$ 1,000 No Limit Hold'em 2008 Aussie Millions Poker Championship, Melbourne 6th A$ 21,480 $ 18,882
19-May-2007 fra.gif € 4,000 No Limit Hold'em Paris Open, Paris 8th € 20,300 $ 27,445
08-Apr-2007 irl.gif € 1,000 No Limit Hold'em 2007 Paddy Power Irish Open, Dublin 1st € 124,600 $ 166,302

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! Luck of the Devilfish Wow, craziness up on the main feature table. The flop read 3 5 4 and Devilfish was all in. James Akenhead was his opponent. Akenhead: A 2 for the straight Devilfish: 6 6 for an overpair and the up and down Turn: 9 River: 7! A load of "Ooooh!"s around the table indicated that Devilfish had made a higher straight, and doubled up to 335,000. Akenhead meanwhile dropped to 207,000.

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! Devilfish was in complete control of the table for the two hours or so I was sat with him last night as soon as he took down a big pot after a couple of hands. Despite coming across as a miserable git on tele it was great fun playing with him. :ok After just looking at the latest chip counts I feel gutted for Ian Munns decline today, don't know exactly whats happened but the poor guy must be absolutely fuming and I hope he can atleast make the money. :hope

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!!

• 1 minute ago | Posted by danafish 4ac35b008ad19.jpgNo good against cowboys Steve Zolotow Busts in 32nd Place (£21,142) Teddy Sheringham raised form the cutoff and Steve Zolotow pushed from the big blind. Without a moment's hesitation, call. Zolotow: 5h.gif5c.gif Sheringham: kc.gifkh.gif Board: 8c.gif10d.gif2d.gifah.gif4s.gif Close but no cigar for veteran moustache enthusiast Zolotow, who left swiftly and in a most gentlemanly fashion. Former England footballer Sheringham is up to 466,000.

OMG OMG OMG

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! Final Table for this afternoon. Seat 1: Barry Shulman - 1,090,000 Seat 2: Jason Mercier - 3,198,000 Seat 3: Praz Bansi - 1,160,000 Seat 4: Markus Ristola - 784,000 Seat 5: Chris Bjorin - 518,000 Seat 6: James Akenhead - 1,398,000 Seat 7: Daniel Negreanu - 438,000 Seat 8: Antoine Saout - 701,000 Seat 9: Matt Hawrilenko - 674,000 James Akenhead & Antoine Saout match Ivan Demidov's achievement last year of reaching the FTs of both WSOP and WSOP(E) main events. Barry Shulman's son, Jeff, is also a member of the 2009 November Nine. Daniel Negreanu FT'd this tournament last year. Shulman has 1 bracelet, Mercier has 1 bracelet and an EPT win, Bansi has 1 bracelet and a GUKPT win, Ristola came 2nd in this year's Irish Open, Bjorin has 2 bracelets and 20 other WSOP FT finishes, Akenhead as mentioned already has dual WSOP ME FTs now this year and should have a bracelet (remember Grant Hinkle's T4 hitting T4TTx in 2008?), Negreanu has 4 bracelets and 2 WPT titles.. 42 WSOP cashes.. etc etc etc, Saout satellited into this year's WSOP ME from an outlay of $50 and is already guaranteed over $1.2m, and finally Hawrilenko also has 1 bracelet. Quite a Final Table!!! I wonder if it gets finished before the following morning this year!

Jason Mercier is insanely good :notworthy
Agreed !! I was reading a post by the Camel who went out 11th - a very experienced pro and big winning HU player and he admits 'he was too good...and pounded him on the last two tables'

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! Hmm. He's good no doubt, and The Camel knows more than me, but I'm always reluctant to make judgements without seeing the cards. It's safe to say Mr Mercier is running goooooooooood at the final table so far as well. When you combine insane, relentless agression with run goot then you are looking at a very dangerous player.

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! James Akenhead Eliminated in 9th Place (£66,533) After so long with the all in moves both relatively frequent and uncalled, a big pot just started brewing with a Chris Bjorin preflop raise to 85k, got hotter with James Akenhead's moving all in for under 500k, and came to the boil as Daniel Negreanu reshoved over the top. Bjorin got out of the way (showing his mucked ax.gifjx.gif ) and the two of them were on their backs: Akenhead: as.gifqh.gif Negreanu: kh.gifks.gif Akenhead could only watch as the board ran out an aceless jd.gif6s.gif4c.gif9c.gifqd.gif sending him first to the rail out of the final table, having not really had a chance to show his stuff to his full ability today. He may be a little disappointed, but as one of the November Nine he gets to experience all the drama of a WSOP Main Final again in Vegas next month.

Whether he comes first or second in this, Daniel Negreanu will be picking up enough cash at the end of tonight to bump him up above both Phil Ivey and Jamie Gold in the all-time money list as according to the folks in the know over at the Hendon Mob rankings page.
:notworthy

Re: Akenhead On FIRE!!!!!!!!! Shulman wins, the key hand was Our final two saw a 5d.gif8d.gifjc.gif flop and Shulman bet 300,000. Negreanu responded by raising to 900,000. And Shulman responded to that by moving all in. Negreanu turned to the rail in the hope that they might help him with his decision. "So you all wanna go home, right?" he asked them. "I'm not saying I'm gonna lose..." "Ah, I shouldn't listen to the rail. I call." On their backs. Negreanu: qc.gifjd.gif Shulman: as.gifah.gif Oh dear. But wait! Turn: to massive screaming from the suddenly very awake crowd -- jh.gif But wait some more! River: ... ... ... da.gif! The noise was deafening. In what we are confidently declaring the Hand Of The Day, Shulman doubled to over 8 million, and Negreanu is right back down to under 2 million. Extraordinary. We play on.