** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Laying False Favourites

loocie

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Laying False Favourites

Hello, Todays selection: 2010-01-16 12:25 Kemp WATERGATE [email protected] on Betfair finished 4th. PL: +6.63 Cheers, Loocie
Good start into 2010. Betfair starting price was 2.82. Just want to notice that I raised the liability per selection to 10% of the starting bank of the month (former 5%). Can not say this often enough: Our patience paid off! Stats: Won/Loss: 22/5 Strike rate: 81.48% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 124.26 points Current liability per selection: 12.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Todays selection: 2010-01-19 13:40 Folk CHIFF CHAFF Lay @3.45 on Betfair PU PL: +4.65 Cheers, Loocie
Stats: Won/Loss: 23/5 Strike rate: 82.14% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 128.91 points Current liability per selection: 12.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hi, great thread.. I only hope mine gets off the a start like yours :rollin Is this based on the False Favourites System? Or something you have come up with yourself?
Hi shadowvkc, thanks mate. Can you please send me the link to your thread via PM? I think there are several "systems" available called "The False Favourites System". Generally I think there is value in laying the favourite in a horse race, because many people are blindly betting on the horse with the lowest odds, which will decrease the odds. I read a lot of websites about horse racing in general and try to identify weak favourites, so I did not buy a system or anything. I am looking every morning at the races and try to pick a weak fav. All the best, Loocie

Not much comment on this thread Loocie but there should be... Fab results. well done! :clap
Hi aldric, thanks mate. I just want to share my selections. Just want to show that betting can really be an investment, slowly and steady. Cheers, Loocie

Ahhhh I see Loocie. I know there is a system for sale called False Favourites' date=' and I was just wondering. Your doing very well so far, and I may just have a little punt with you on the next bet :ok[/quote'] Please keep in mind, that a single selection might win, so I suggest to follow all the selections with the staking described in the first post. All the best! Loocie

Re: Laying False Favourites Hi Loocie. Firstly I'd like to say really well done on keeping your discipline and patience through the no-bet periods. It's something I'm currently trying to achieve. Are you focusing on one or two particular variables on the weak favourites or are you studying races and picking favourites you simply think could be overturned? Would be interesting to know if you're betting on your personal judgement of the race or what your system throws up. :ok Also, what happens if you pick two losers in a row and you wipe all your profit? I just have a niggling feeling that 10% liability is a little too much. Of course it's just my opinion! Keep it up. =)

Hello, Todays selections: :clap 2010-01-27 16:10 Muss HOBSONS BAY Lay @3.35 on Betfair finished 5th. PL: +6.33 :@ 2010-01-27 18:10 Kemp CAIRNSMORE Lay @2.80 on Betfair won the race. PL: -12.00 Cheers, Loocie
I am a little surprised about CAIRNSMORE's performance. I laid it at 2.8 while Betfair starting price was 1.61!! I re-checked the race card, but it was definitive a selection for me. Stats: Won/Loss: 24/6 Strike rate: 80.00% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 123.24 points Current liability per selection: 12.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hi Loocie. Firstly I'd like to say really well done on keeping your discipline and patience through the no-bet periods. It's something I'm currently trying to achieve. Are you focusing on one or two particular variables on the weak favourites or are you studying races and picking favourites you simply think could be overturned? Would be interesting to know if you're betting on your personal judgement of the race or what your system throws up. :ok Also, what happens if you pick two losers in a row and you wipe all your profit? I just have a niggling feeling that 10% liability is a little too much. Of course it's just my opinion! Keep it up. =)
Hi BKI Punter, thanks for your comment. Keeping patience is really important. If you are not patient you can turn a profitable strategy or system into a losing system. Therefore I always track my bets and trades. It can help you to see what you can achieve by just being patient. Generally I try to get an idea about the race. I only look at races with at least 7 runners and the favourite should always be below 5.0. Then I just compare the data of the runners. Sometimes a horse is just a favourite because of its trainers repuation etc. You are right 10% liability is big. I started betting on my selections in May last year and used a liability of 5%. Currently I am feeling very comfortably with 10% liability. My advice for all followers is always 5% liability. I think it also depends on you feeling about amounts. If you bank is EUR 100 you might be comfortable with risking EUR 10 in a race. If your bank is EUR 3000, I am not sure how many people want to risk EUR 300 in a single race. Depends all on your bank and your trust in the system or strategy. All the best! Loocie

Hello, Todays selection: :@ 2010-01-28 15:05 FfosL CAROLE´S LEGACY Lay @2.94 on Betfair won the race. PL: -12.00 Cheers, Loocie
Another loser turned the month into a negative month. We will fight back! Stats: Won/Loss: 24/7 Strike rate: 77.41% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 111.24 points Current liability per selection: 12.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Todays selection: 2010-01-31 16:15 Plump ONE CORNETTO Lay @3.75 on Betfair finished 6th. PL: +4.15 Cheers, Loocie
A little recovery from the last two losing bets, but January 2010 is a negative month. Stats: Won/Loss: 25/7 Strike rate: 78.13% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 115.39 points Current liability per selection: 12.00 points Cheers, Loocie