** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Laying False Favourites

loocie

Re: Laying False Favourites

Unlucky mate' date=' the drift before the off had me thinking it was a sure thing :lol[/quote'] I was surprised about the big drift. However today it did not work out for us. Still on a nice result for the month so far. Cheers, Loocie

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Laying False Favourites Hello, here is a little summary about the results of March: We had 8 selection, with one selection (2010-03-05 CHEF JUNIOR) did not fetch our odds range, 6 profitable selections and a negative selection. Total profit for March is 15.50 points. The bank now is 150.91 points. Liability per selection in April will be 15 points (10% of the bank). Current stats overall: Won/Loss: 35/8 Strike rate: 81.39% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 150.91 points Current liability per selection: 15.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Re: Laying False Favourites hi loocie have just come across your thread, good work mate some good selections. was just wondering how you come across your lays? are you using the false favourite system by jonathan burgess? cheers

hi loocie have just come across your thread, good work mate some good selections. was just wondering how you come across your lays? are you using the false favourite system by jonathan burgess? cheers
Hi gavo12, I am doing the lay selections by myself. I did not buy any systems or ebooks. The idea is pretty simple: Many people just punt blindly on the favourite. They don't do any analysis of the race. So really often these punters beat down the price on the favourite. The more people back a selection the more the price will go down. That is one advantage. The second one is that I always cruise through all the race cards available on racing post (or what your prefered web site for that is) for every day and I have some top secret ;) indicators which let me decide to lay a favourite or the avoid a bet. The key is to be selective. If there is no good opportunity then stay away. Sometimes I have long periods without any selections. I think this year I had 13 days without any selections. Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Today's selection: :@ 2010-04-05 17:05 Huntingdon MONETARY FUND Lay @3.35 on Betfair won the race. PL: -15.00 Cheers, Loocie
Not a good start into April, but still plenty of time to fight back. Stats: Won/Loss: 35/9 Strike rate: 79.54% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 135.91 points Current liability per selection: 15.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Today's selection: :@ 2010-04-08 18:50 Wolv (AW) AZLAK [email protected] on Betfair won the race. PL: -15.00 Cheers, Loocie
Oh dear! The 3rd loser in a row. Again the selections drifts to a starting price greater than 5.0. For all the lucky guys who match the selection prior to the off this selection was a NO BET. If you match, like me, as early as you can you hit another loser. Let's hope for better days. Stats: Won/Loss: 35/10 Strike rate: 77.77% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 120.91 points Current liability per selection: 15.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Today's selection: :clap 2010-04-12 15:50 Wind BRYNFA BOY Lay @4.10 on Betfair finished 4th. PL: +4.60 Cheers, Loocie
Good to be back on track. Stats: Won/Loss: 36/10 Strike rate: 78.26% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 125.50 points Current liability per selection: 15.00 points Cheers, Loocie

Hello, Today's selection: :@ 2010-04-14 21:05 Kemp (AW) GOLD RULES Lay @3.20 on BETDAQ won the race. PL: -15.00 Cheers, Loocie
What is going on? I am really disappointed. Four of the last five selections won the race. I need a break and need to do a kind of analysis. For the next few days I will not make any selections. Stats: Won/Loss: 36/11 Strike rate: 76.60% Starting bank: 100 points Current bank: 110.50 points Current liability per selection: 15.00 points Cheers, Loocie