** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Stupid question . . .

Re: Stupid question . . .

but when does the NH season properly start? :$ I always assummed (obvioulsy wrongly) that it was mid September.
I think that the best of the racing starts to conicide with the end of the flat season. There are 3 or 4 decent racedays in October, but November - April is when the calender is predominantly jumps and the odd A/W.

I think that the best of the racing starts to conicide with the end of the flat season. There are 3 or 4 decent racedays in October, but November - April is when the calender is predominantly jumps and the odd A/W.
odd AW??!! TUT TUT!! AW meeting nearly everyday and some wed, thurs and fri and sats have 2 1 day 1 evening lol!!

Depends what you mean as 'proper' Lee, Think you mean when do the decent races begin? October at Chepstow on the 10th and the two day meeting at Cheletenham the week after when the old Makeson Gold Cup is run.
The old Mackeson is run at the Open meeting in November, has had various names since then such as Thomas Pink and Paddy Power, the October meeting was run in midweek until 2 or 3 years ago and the profile of the races has been boosted only since it has had a weekend slot.

Re: Stupid question . . . I always think of the jumps season 'proper' as begining with the Chepstow meeting which has what used to be called the 'Free Handicap' for 4YO hurdlers, now called something different. In the olden days it used to be the first televised jumps meeting of the season........... Same thing every year - because you hadn't seen any jumps action for six months the first thought was always 'geez, aren't they going slow'!......... :lol