Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest andybud

Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny Just following the link that was posted above for live scores: livescoring.worldsnooker....andom=9331 ;) It is 0-4 now :( ... how the hell can you beat Matthew Stevens 5-1 and then lose so badly against a lesser player? ... to not even make a fight of it is unbelievable! This is why I hate betting on Snooker ... so unpredictable. I have been stung badly in the past this way and thankfully havent lost to much this time ... but stuff betting on this any more.

Guest andybud

Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny Basa ... all but over now. Hicks made a 32 in the 8th frame, but Robertson has replied with a 68 :(

great picks Paul but i missed them at the start:banghead anyway i had a nice win on campbell v Hann. did you notice in that game that even if Hann pulled off a great shot he barely got a clap from the audience:lol I think he is a right plonker but still a good shot is a good shot and i started feeling a bit sorry for him (although not enough to want him to win). He seemed really alone out there! This will be his last season he says,guy is his own worst enemy really. What do you think of White v Mccullogh? MCCullogh for me,he did ok in the World championship and doesnt White have back pains or something?

i just got wattana @ ... 3.5 at betfair:) was a little there and as soon as i took some about 20 secs later it was gone,3.00 is the highest at the bookies!!Might lay it off in running,will see how it goes, also check out Bet365's inrunning, not very fast at updating it,if you are fast you can get an underdog while he is clearing the table and then back the other guy in the next frame for an arb!! Will be watching for this in the games tonight

Guest scotpunt

nice one on wattanna nice one paul, I fancied the thaipphoon and your prediction and analysis backed up the bet, nice one 8) what do you reckon of maguire on the outright, a favourable half and big things are expected of him ? 25s currently

Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny Hawkins came back from 2-4 to force a decider, but he missed his chance in the last frame. :( Fu was a harder match, than his next, or quarter final would have been. Barry will come back much stronger, hopefully we can keep getting big prices on him. :) Just Selby carrying the flag now, he has Fernandez and then probably Ebdon to get to the quarters, where it will start to get tougher. :ok

Re: Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny Selby (1000/1) beat Fernandez 5-2 last night, and now takes on Ebdon in the last 16. Ebdon was nearly taken out by Joe Jogia amazingly, but Jogia bottled it, so did Ebdon I might add but got away with it. Selby seems to be scoring quite well, and I am confident he will turn over Ebdon, if he continues to score. ;)

Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny Selby takes out Ebdon 5-3, to reach the quarter finals. :) I wonder if Stan James are beginning to get concerned yet ?:lol They have a liability of £15k just on me :D He does have probably Ronnie next round, but he's only played him once, in an invitation event, and he beat Ronnie 6-2. This kid is cool as a cucumber and a really nice guy to go with it. When he got to the final of 2003 Regal Scottish Open, he beat Matthew Stevens, Paul Hunter, Ali Carter and Ken Doherty along the way, let's hope he can produce another 2 wins and we're laughing for 1/2 the odds at the very least. :b

Guest TUFCJON

The Final.. Can't see past Ronnie but I am taking: Ian Mc + 4 @ 2.50 with Stan James. On home turf I think he will come close but Ronnie is in a league of his own so far! ..lets hope this makes up for a disapointing tourny from a betting point of view. Good luck all. Jon

Guest all funkt up

Re: Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny tell you what, theres nothing worse than discovering a thread like this after the event.... :cry -paul- seems like the 'system' was vindicated (backing long shots). has snooker changed recently? because i dont remember so many non ranking players making it through to the 1/4 finals. is this a new (and interesting) trend or a fluke? cheers

Grand Prix Snooker - First Ranking Tourny Hi afu, I have seen this trend coming for quite some time, and I believe it will become more apparent over the next few years. The strength in depth of players, even down to around 64 in the world, has never been stronger, and a lot of them have a great belief about their ability to beat the top boys.