Betfair Challenge - Team Roses

avongirl

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses Prov schedule

Provisionally, the schedule for Week 1 will be: Tuesday 1st September: 20:00 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - 6 max - Standard Stacks with Standard Blinds Wednesday 2nd September: 19:00 NLHE Freezeout - $10+$1 - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Thursday 3rd September: 21:00 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - $5+50c Friday 4th September: TBC(Between 20:00 and 21:00) Heads Up NLHE Tournament - $5+50c Saturday 5th September: 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Sunday 6th September: 18:00 NLHE Freezeout - $20+$2 - Deep Starting Stack with Slow Blinds Monday 7th September: 18:35 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Regular Daily Tournament already in schedule

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses 1. I'd feel more comfortable with say 6 in the team. Gives us a better chance at making the points and provides more cover for playing the tournaments if there's any availability issues. 2. I think we each do what we can. I was planning to play STTs but I don't think I'll manage the sort of numbers suggested by GaF (not sure which thread it was in). If we don't max out, I don't think it's the end of the world. The multiplier applies to the tourney winnings, so it's far more important to get money there (max boost % x $0 is still $0 :lol) 3. Because of transfer issues, I'd be in favour of everyone retaining their own winnings for both boost earning and challenge tournament playing periods. However, I think I'd like to see some sort of team share if we make it to the $109 tourneys. Maybe 50/50 or even 75/25 individual/team. We would also need to decide if we took equal goes at playing those games. 4. Will have to check my diary, but early start times never good for me, I'm not great at 6-max, and forget PLO. Not sure what that leaves. :lol Beyond that, I'm doubtful availability most of week 2 due to St Leger meeting at Doncaster combined with Avon order week, then it's PLWSOP that weekend. As I say, 6 in a team would be good. :loon

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses

2. I think we each do what we can. I was planning to play STTs but I don't think I'll manage the sort of numbers suggested by GaF (not sure which thread it was in).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaF viewpost.gif By my maths, a $5+50c tourney equates to about 6 Betfair Points ($0.50 = £0.30). For a 6 player team to play $5+50c STTs to get to the targets I think they would need to play something in the region of: 4 STTs per player per day for the team to get to 1000 Points in a week 8 STTs per player per day for the team to get to 2000 Points in a week 12 STTs per player per day for the team to get to 3000 Points in a week If you are playing $10+$1 games, then you need 2, 4 and 6 games per player per day If you are playing $2.50+25c games, then you need to play 8, 16 and 24 games per player per day

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses The idea of keeping winnings, is probably the only way, as we are gambling our own money. As for the 18k (if we are one of the 2 winning teams?). I personally think, that it should be split amongst all the team equally ( as long as everyone has made some kind of effort). I am available to play any of the mtt's, apart from 4th/5th September. How do we know about bonus points? Does JT divulge this? More to come, as, and when :ok

1. I'd feel more comfortable with say 6 in the team. Gives us a better chance at making the points and provides more cover for playing the tournaments if there's any availability issues.
Just an idea you might want to consider - if you had a player who wanted a team of 6, and another player who preferred a team of 3, you could actually accomodate both of you by giving the player wanting to be in a team of 3 a "double" position in the team - they can have double the responsability - so expected to earn double the boost of other players, play double the MTT games of the other players and receive double the proportion of the prize money of the other players. The player with the double stake is in a team as if there are 3 players in total. The player with the single stake, is in a team as if there are 6 players. In reality there are 5 players in the team. Not sure I can see any down side to this :unsure

Just an idea you might want to consider - if you had a player who wanted a team of 6, and another player who preferred a team of 3, you could actually accomodate both of you by giving the player wanting to be in a team of 3 a "double" position in the team - they can have double the responsability - so expected to earn double the boost of other players, play double the MTT games of the other players and receive double the proportion of the prize money of the other players. The player with the double stake is in a team as if there are 3 players in total. The player with the single stake, is in a team as if there are 6 players. In reality there are 5 players in the team. Not sure I can see any down side to this :unsure
So I could be a team of 6, so there will be 10 of us :ok :rollin

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses Quote:

Originally Posted by ooblio(MCPP) viewpost.gif Seeing as you are from Chorley, you could joins ours :ok
is this offer still open? if so me and bigbadken are up for joining, let me know:ok i just posted this on the other section but Im happy to join if you guys are still recruiting. i pretty much think you have the fairest policy regarding winnings and id be happy to play numbers permitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooblio(MCPP) viewpost.gif Seeing as you are from Chorley, you could joins ours :ok
is this offer still open? if so me and bigbadken are up for joining, let me know:ok i just posted this on the other section but Im happy to join if you guys are still recruiting. i pretty much think you have the fairest policy regarding winnings and id be happy to play numbers permitting.
2 thumbs up from me :ok :ok

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses OK, this is us :ok

f_hefed1h2vnhm_067ebf8.gif runadrum(runadrum) AvonGirl(avongirl) Ooblio(tip2win) Burnley Joe(BurnleyJo) GirlyWirly(CityTilIDie) Superfoo() bigbadken()
Don't forget to post your Betfair aliases in the main thread Foo and Ken. :ok Still looking for feedback on how we're going to run the team. Mark, if you want to be Capt, I don't mind keeping track of winnings and spend on the tourneys. :ok

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses Ok people, any preference on nights, game? Are you planning on just playing DON's for points, or playing MTT's, or SNG's ? Donna likes any SNG's or DON's about $5 mark, and if needed(required) the cheaper MTT's. I will mainly play MTT's of any description (any night), and points boosting, probably DON's. Are we happy keeping our own winning's? .................... and when we are the winning 1st, or 2nd team. Happy to share the proceeds (after JT taken his share) of the 18k tourni's?

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses hi guys will just post my thoughts on how we run this.... 1. i think all winnings from the games should be kept to each individual player - seems the fairest way and no messing about with transfers etc 2. If we come 1st/2nd - my view would be all winnings won in the 18k games should be split equally by the team - though if the majority says otherwise im happy to go with what is decided. 3. reagrding the games it seems 1 game per week per team member - id suggest 1st come 1st serve initially and then if someone is stuck we can swap around, personally i think i will be avaiolable 4/5 nights a week but saturdays will probably be out for me most weeks and i think i will be at college on tuesday nights in a few weeks, but admittedly have a tenedency to miss it at times 4. finally what are peoples general opinions on the rake - im willing to give it a decent go if thats what the rest of the team is donig - dare say i will just try and bang in some sng's when i have time think thats it - any feedback apppreciated:) and nice one oobs and ag for volunteering for captaincy and admin:hope lets get it on.........up the roses!!!:nana

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses Well im happy with the ideas you have all posted, im easy to keep happy anyhow lol. Only night i may find awkward is a thursday, as it is a night that i sometimes play a live game, apart from that throw me where you like, oh omaha is not my strong point, to say the least. Lets win this, very happy with my team mates, thanks for accomadating me everyone.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses Can I reserve the Saturday game please. Not guaranteed to be available but I'm 99% sure I can't make any of the others so this is my best option. :eyes (Obviously I'll let you know if it turns out I can't make it and I'll just have to miss wk1!)

Saturday 5th September: 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses Starting at 00:01 tuesday morning we can achieve 3000 bonus points up to 23:59 on the 31st august. Approximate calculations are as follows: 7 in team. 1 point equals $1 stake,therefore divide 3000 by the 7 of us, equates to approx $430 each, divide that by 7 days, equates to $60 in stakes each per day. :ok Think we can achieve that easily. If any team member goes over that, it will cover any other shortfall, and maybe cover other weeks :unsure I will pm everyone with an idea, which might help ;)

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team Roses As for MTT's the following week. Provisionally below:- Provisionally, the schedule for Week 1 will be: Tuesday 1st September(GirlyWirly): 20:00 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - 6 max - Standard Stacks with Standard Blinds Wednesday 2nd September(Runadrum): 19:00 NLHE Freezeout - $10+$1 - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Thursday 3rd September (Ooblio): 21:00 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - $5+50c Friday 4th September: TBC(Between 20:00 and 21:00) Heads Up NLHE Tournament - $5+50c Saturday 5th September(AvonGirl): 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Sunday 6th September(BigBadKen): 18:00 NLHE Freezeout - $20+$2 - Deep Starting Stack with Slow Blinds Monday 7th September(SuperFoo): 18:35 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Regular Daily Tournament already in schedule Thursday, and Sunday looks good for me, but i will leave that open, in case anyone else wants :ok Donna, and myself cannot play Friday(4th), or Saturday(5th) of this scheduled week, due to other commitments. views,and choices please, and the best of luck team :hope

1 point equals $1 stake' date='[/quote'] By my maths (and I definitely accept that I could be wrong), you should get about 1.3 points for every $1 staked. That's assuming that 1 point for every £0.05 equates to 1 point for about every $0.08. (I presume Betfair use a relatively current exchange rate and not just $2=£1 :unsure)