Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug

3.25 York Warringah - will want to hit the front early so on this left handed track his draw is ideal and I feel he will get an easier time upfront than he was allowed on his last visit to the Knavesmire, when he, along with several other front runners, set the race nicely up for Hits Only Vic (who reopposes here). He has gone up in the weights since but showed last time out at Goodwood that he is still improving and with Ryan Moore in the saddle, he is a must bet for me. 0.5 pt EW

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 3.25 york Deutshland showed he is still in fine fettle when second over hurdles at galway and comes off back of 2 flat victories and looks more than capable as landing something as hot as this, is also drawn ideally in stall 19, may prefer some cut but rarely gets a chance to encounter fast ground so bit of an unknown 0.5pt e/w deutshland 18/1 hills bog

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug

16.05 York - Nosedive. I take Nosedive to win this one. William Haggas' colt was impressive on debut when winning a maiden at Sandown four starts back and went on to finish 4th at Ascot next time out over 5f in a race won by Radiohead. It was a very eyecatching performance, he was held up at the start but made some good headway around 2f he then went on to get hampered which ruined his chances. He still managed to run on in the final furlong but his chance had gone. He hasn't been able to make his mark on his two races since but they were over 6f which I don't think suit this horse. He's back to 5f today which is definitely a positive as is him running back on quicker ground. Ryan Moore is on-board and I expect this one to go close.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 2:50 York - (The one and only) Monsieur Chevalier - Back Has been an absolute star this season. He is my favourite horse of the campaign, purely for the fact that every time we think he's peaked he finds a bit more. Only 1 defeat thus far in a startling 2yo season, and he's gunna be mighty hard to beat here. Orpen Grey the big danger, but given that he likes to set a blistering tempo, he may end up playing right into the lightning finish of Monsieur Chevalier. I'll be on The Knavesmire to see him live, cannot wait 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 325 York : Warringhah EW With his front running tactics on a track that suits I reckon this is a good value EW selection with every chance of actually hanging on. Pity he was put up a few pounds after his second last time as it could make all the difference. The York form earlier reads well and the horse is a real battler which this race needs. Usually a bit of trouble in behind here so the tactics should be even more to his advantage and obviously has the O'Brien horse to worry about. 8/1 at the moment but wouldnt surprise me if it was a couple of points shorter in the end.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 1.45 Resplendent Light lines up here todays on the same mark of 87 as LTO at Pontefract. Was a beaten FAV that day behind the improving High Ambition giving him a stone in weight to record his second win in a month, High Ambition was then raised 4lb NTO and subsequently beat by 3/4l into third. Going is ideal and this is his trip could be in there today.:ok 0.5pts E/W

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 2.05 Carlisle - Nimmy's Special E/W Gambling on one of the outsiders of the large field who takes a drastic drop down in trip to where she showed some promise early on in her career. Best performances in her short career have came at 6f/7f late last year, with finishes of 443, the third coming on the softer ground. After that, was stepped up to 1m/1m1f and never showed anything but is back down to a sharper trip today which could change this horses fortunes. Has a RP top speed of 76, the highest in this field which suggests a short trip like this could suit.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 21.10 Kempton Away from the hustle and bustle of York today and off to Kempton park and AW racing and with which would of probably been odds on Speed Dating being pulled for the race this could give Jonathon Gask's FLYING SILKS a big claim on this race from a good draw and with the good claiming Simon Pearce on board - Flying Silks put day light between him and the second Play it Sam at Pontefract and the latter has run well again

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 3.50 Carlisle Glasshoughton A hold up performer who needs things to fall his way has not won since 2007 but is well handicaped today and could see him run a good race. Trained by M Dods who has had a few winners recently with P Makin on board could see him in the frame.:hope:hope 0.5pts E/W

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug Folkestone 6.50pm 1pt lay My Best Bet Again another horse with C&D and LTO win at the track not one of my selection factors i must stress but working out well so far,horse should give a good run but will not win today as the field is very nice for this race. LTOs win did run well but today 3 others will give better as their form stands out today for me,market odds of 5.50 at the mo are fair for the lay but hope theycome in near the off,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 3.40 Hamilton 'Rosko' Horse is in decent form, close up with Ninth House on last 2 runs, form which received a big boost the other day. Trainer travels 205 miles to the track with 1 horse, I doubt he's going for a jolly. Big fancy for this beast today.

2.05 Carlisle - Nimmy's Special E/W Gambling on one of the outsiders of the large field who takes a drastic drop down in trip to where she showed some promise early on in her career. Best performances in her short career have came at 6f/7f late last year, with finishes of 443, the third coming on the softer ground. After that, was stepped up to 1m/1m1f and never showed anything but is back down to a sharper trip today which could change this horses fortunes. Has a RP top speed of 76, the highest in this field which suggests a short trip like this could suit.
:notworthy:notworthy 66/1 2nd get in!!!!

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug SHADOWTIME 3.40 Hamilton 0.5 points each way. The ground is drying out a little and with getting in off a mark of 67 again, it suggests he can run a big race. The trip and goround wouldn't be a concern and the race should be run to suit, so looks a decent enough price.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug hippolytus 340 ham. 0.5 pts ew. up 5lb in weights but i feel its still a weight which can see him be very competitive. has less questions to answer than most and wouldnt have no trip and ground concerns either. should go well.

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 16:50 Hamilton English Archer was a course winner two years ago, and seems to prefer the softer surfaces. Has had only one race in 2009 and had zero in 2008. It's 1 win from 1 start at Hamilton though is a big plus and I'm willing to take a chance on it, especially at course such as Hamilton. It should be fit now after it's last run, and with a positive jockey booking in Greg Fairley, this could go well today and spring a surprise. 26/1 general 0.5pt EW

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 16.25 Carlisle - Rothesay Dancer E/W Was only 6 runs ago when this horse came 3rd in a Class 1 listed race at Ayr back in June this year. Technically runs off the samr today since she ran off 77 that day with a 3lb claimer on board and today she runs off 79 with a 5lb claimer on board. Went on to win her next race after that in a Class 4 handicap off the same mark and same claimer on board. Today she runs in a class 4 Handicap again so she is well overpriced in my opinion. Has won on Soft and Good to soft before so the going should not be a prolem for her. 0.50 each way

16.25 Carlisle - Rothesay Dancer E/W Was only 6 runs ago when this horse came 3rd in a Class 1 listed race at Ayr back in June this year. Technically runs off the samr today since she ran off 77 that day with a 3lb claimer on board and today she runs off 79 with a 5lb claimer on board. Went on to win her next race after that in a Class 4 handicap off the same mark and same claimer on board. Today she runs in a class 4 Handicap again so she is well overpriced in my opinion. Has won on Soft and Good to soft before so the going should not be a prolem for her. 0.50 each way
Another big price winner - some awesome shouts today

16.25 Carlisle - Rothesay Dancer E/W Was only 6 runs ago when this horse came 3rd in a Class 1 listed race at Ayr back in June this year. Technically runs off the samr today since she ran off 77 that day with a 3lb claimer on board and today she runs off 79 with a 5lb claimer on board. Went on to win her next race after that in a Class 4 handicap off the same mark and same claimer on board. Today she runs in a class 4 Handicap again so she is well overpriced in my opinion. Has won on Soft and Good to soft before so the going should not be a prolem for her. 0.50 each way
Quality stuff :clap

Re: Best bet of the day - Wed 19th Aug 7.20 Folkestone: Red Rossini E/W Some great bets being landed on the big pricers in here today so I will pop one in there of my own. Although Red Rossini hasn't won since breaking it's maiden tag in July last year it's slipped sharply down the handicap as a consequence. Started handicap life from a mark of 80 and tonight runs from 64 so could prove very well treated if the first time blinkers work the oracle. This is the lowest class race it has competed in and looks over-priced at current 14/1 for a big stable in a poor quality handicap.

Well done Stu, great winner. :cheers Don't want to take nothing away from you but I think you posted to late though, 10 minute rule?
It was posted at 15.17pm on his personal thread Spooner..looks like he has just copied and pasted it over late

Well done Stu, great winner. :cheers Don't want to take nothing away from you but I think you posted to late though, 10 minute rule?
Thanks mate. Yeah I lost track of time so was a few minutes late, I'm happy enough for it not to be counted in the tables as it is the rules but its still nice to have a winner in the thread either way :)