Betfair Challenge - Team LUK

deadlydaveLDN

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team LUK

Here and reporting for DUTY:lol
Likewise :lol Think we need to start getting an idea of how you all want to approach this, anyone wanna take on being captain? I think its better is a more established PL member in the team does it. Next week is an oppurtunity to get some betfair points in for the super bonus, how do you want to approach that? We have a provisional list of games for week 1 posted by GAF which consists of the following...
Tuesday 1st September: 20:00 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - 6 max - Standard Stacks with Standard Blinds Wednesday 2nd September: 19:00 NLHE Freezeout - $10+$1 - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Thursday 3rd September: 21:00 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - $5+50c Friday 4th September: TBC(Between 20:00 and 21:00) Heads Up NLHE Tournament - $5+50c Saturday 5th September: 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Sunday 6th September: 18:00 NLHE Freezeout - $20+$2 - Deep Starting Stack with Slow Blinds Monday 7th September: 18:35 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Regular Daily Tournament already in schedule
So it would be a good idea if we can determine who can play what nights and who fancy's what games. :ok I'll start by saying I've never played Omaha so its best to rule myself out of that game. I'm generally available to play on most nights but tend to have one-two nights out on each week which vary between Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, this is normally decided either the night before or last minute so I can more than likely arrange my nights out around whats required of me for this challenge. Thoughts?

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team LUK ***slightly stolen from GAF and Team Kent*** How do we split the games? I suggest people just play games that they feel comfortable playing - (buy in/type of poker/availability) "Chasing Boost"? Suggestions? August Prize Money I suggest we all pay for our own buy ins and all keep our own August prize money Sharing Potential September Prizes Suggestions again?

***slightly stolen from GAF and Team Kent*** How do we split the games? I suggest people just play games that they feel comfortable playing - (buy in/type of poker/availability)
I agree.
"Chasing Boost"? Suggestions?
I don't really mind. I don't think the bonus boost is worth enough that people should be playing games that they think are unprofitable just to earn points. But should there be a "bonus" for earning points?
August Prize Money I suggest we all pay for our own buy ins and all keep our own August prize money
I agree. Though I think you mean September.
Sharing Potential September Prizes Suggestions again?
(I think you mean October.) I don't really mind how we decide who plays how many times: I suspect that will be determined to some extent by availability. But for how to divide any returns, how about something like: half goes to the person playing, and the other half is divided in proportion to the amount of buy-ins each person contributed during September? But again, I don't really have any strong feelings.

But for how to divide any returns' date=' how about something like: half goes to the person playing, and the other half is divided in proportion to the amount of buy-ins each person contributed during September? But again, I don't really have any strong feelings.[/quote'] Actually, that doesn't really work, as we're just getting half of the net profits. How about a third split evenly, a third distributed in proportion to each player's contribution to buy-ins in September, and a third in proportion to each player's contribution to gross returns in October?

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team LUK My thoughts in Bold italic. :ok

***slightly stolen from GAF and Team Kent*** How do we split the games? I suggest people just play games that they feel comfortable playing - (buy in/type of poker/availability) I agree, I normally play games with a buy in from $0-$15 but I'm happy to have a crack at one of the Sunday $20+$2 games over the course of the challenge so the cost of that particular game evens itself out across the team. "Chasing Boost"? Suggestions? I'll deposit some funds and also play some STT and small stakes cash to add a contribution to the boost, we have till Monday to get as many points as possible between us and I'll try to get some game time in during the week, I'll have alot more time over the weekend and its possible I have Monday off to grind out what I can. I don't think we should set any specific targets for ourself, let's just all do what each individual can within their own time and budget and whatever bonus we get between us will be, ya know, a bonus! :lol August Prize Money I suggest we all pay for our own buy ins and all keep our own August prize money Happy to go with this if everyone else is. :ok Sharing Potential September Prizes Suggestions again? Again I'm happy to go along with whatever you guys want to do. Some players in the team and more experience and ability (all of you) than others (me :lol) but I'd like to think any of us could potentially have a good month and any of us could have a bad month, the aim at the start is to have a good enough month as a collective unit to win overall. It's just a case of deciding before this starts if you want to share out the potential winnings based on % of the individual contribution made come September or agree from the start that it will be shared out equally regardless of individual contribution.

Actually, that doesn't really work, as we're just getting half of the net profits. How about a third split evenly, a third distributed in proportion to each player's contribution to buy-ins in September, and a third in proportion to each player's contribution to gross returns in October?
This sounds fine to me. :ok

Actually, that doesn't really work, as we're just getting half of the net profits. How about a third split evenly, a third distributed in proportion to each player's contribution to buy-ins in September, and a third in proportion to each player's contribution to gross returns in October?
Yeah, sounds good (if you calculate it all :lol)

Have got 114 betfair points
Nice start. I think I've earned about 340 points playing Double or Nothings. I won't keep it up at that rate all week, but it's looking as though we ought to be able to reach the 3000 points reasonably comfortably by next Tuesday. :ok Should we have a captain? Or shall we be an anarcho-syndicalist collective? We probably ought to have at least a provisional plan of who's going to play which tournaments next week.

We probably ought to have at least a provisional plan of who's going to play which tournaments next week.
Provisionally, the schedule for Week 1 will be: Tuesday 1st September: 20:00 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - 6 max - Standard Stacks with Standard Blinds Wednesday 2nd September: 19:00 NLHE Freezeout - $10+$1 - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Thursday 3rd September: 21:00 Pot Limit Omaha Freezeout - $5+50c Friday 4th September: TBC(Between 20:00 and 21:00) Heads Up NLHE Tournament - $5+50c Saturday 5th September: 19:30 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Deep Starting Stacks with Standard Blinds Sunday 6th September: 18:00 NLHE Freezeout - $20+$2 - Deep Starting Stack with Slow Blinds Monday 7th September: 18:35 NLHE Freezeout - $5+50c - Regular Daily Tournament already in schedule
Hmm, just been checking my diary, and next week I can only do the Thursday, Friday (but would rather not do both), and Monday. Also, I'm pretty much a novice at PLO, so if anybody more experienced wants to play on the Thursday that would probably be more sensible.

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team LUK I'm happy to play 1 or 2 games out of Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Monday. :ok I'm easy with regards to having a captain, if anyone wants to step up then great, if not is it really a big problem? Also, great start on the points chaps, as I said I will get some in over the course of the week. :ok

I'm easy with regards to having a captain, if anyone wants to step up then great, if not is it really a big problem?
I'd quite like everyone to have a captain please :ok Main reason is to make communication easier - I'd like to be able to talk to one person per team (if I need to) and know I'm talking to the team/someone who can talk on the teams behalf. I can only PM 5 people at a time and have to wait 180 seconds between PMs - so PMing 40 people is very different from PMing 8 people!

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team LUK Fair enough GAF. :) I'll leave to the others to decide who they want, maybe slapdash or AA_Hall as the most established PL'ers would be best, if one of them dosen't mind doing it. :ok deadlydaveLDN(numbskull77) slapdash(slapdash) pistonbroke(pistnbust) Chapman(Chapman82) AA_Hall(AAHall)

Re: Betfair Challenge - Team LUK I dont mind who does it im happy for any of you guys to do it i dont think it should have to be the most established as all we are talking about is posts:) We are all good and have been playing poker for a while so a post count shouldnt be the case Not saying i dont want to do it cause im up for it just trying to make it as fair as possible:ok

Nice start. I think I've earned about 340 points playing Double or Nothings. I won't keep it up at that rate all week' date=' but it's looking as though we ought to be able to reach the 3000 points reasonably comfortably by next Tuesday. :ok[/quote'] How many/what stake Double or Nothings did you have to play for that number of points. I may try some myself (though I hate that form of "poker").