** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009

I seem to remember Norway being in a bit of a down trend at that point. I think they have improved of late. Scottish sides club or international are usually pretty rubbish away from home. They just lack the big game players of old. I think the most they can hope for is a draw.
Not at all. We have beaten much bigger fish over the past few years and I believe we are capable of sneaking a victory here. Norway are no great shakes and I really think 3/1 on a Scotland victory is huge. I'm actually really confident now especially with Brown back in contention along with Fletcher in the middle of the park. :hope

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Estonia - Brazi Brazil have this squad for the game: Brazil coach Dunga named the following squad on Tuesday for the Confederations Cup champions’ friendly against Estonia in Tallinn on Aug. 12: Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur) Defenders: Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Inter Milan), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Lucio (Inter Milan), Luisao (Benfica), Miranda (Sao Paulo), Juan (AS Roma) Midfielders: Elano (Manchester City), Felipe Melo (Juventus), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josue (VfL Wolfsburg), Ramires (Benfica), Julio Baptista (AS Roma), Kaka (Real Madrid), Kleberson (Flamengo) Forwards: Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (set to join Villarreal from Internacional), Robinho (Manchester City), Diego Tardelli (Atletico Mineiro) The odds at pinnacle for BRAZIL -2 is 2.040. Isnt that good value against a poor Estonia? Anyone who can add something i should know? Am considering taking this bet

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Argentina: Defenders: Javier Zanetti (Inter Milan), Emiliano Papa (Velez Sarsfield), Gabriel Heinze (Real Madrid), Daniel Diaz (Getafe), Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan), Nicolas Otamendi (Velez Sarsfield), Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich) Midfielders: Javier Mascherano (Liverpool), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid), Sebastian Battaglia (Boca Juniors), Mario Bolatti (Huracan), Maximiliano Rodriguez (Atletico Madrid), Jonas Gutierrez (Newcastle United), Jesus Datolo (Napoli), Juan Sebastian Veron (Estudiantes) Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City), Lisandro Lopez (Olympique Lyon), Diego Milito (Inter Milan), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

We have beaten much bigger fish over the past few years and I believe we are capable of sneaking a victory here. Norway are no great shakes and I really think 3/1 on a Scotland victory is huge.
Who? You beat France away from home a couple of years ago when they were going through a similar lean spell. Recently, you beat Iceland away but still lost to Macedonia. I think Scotland, similar to all the home nations tend to rely on a lot of luck. Things going exactly right for them at the right time in the right possible moment. Good luck with your bet and I truly hope Scotland do win.

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 TEAM NEWS Faroe Islands Bryan Kerr’s side is largely made up of part-time players augmented by a couple of professionals. Young goalkeeper Gunnar Nielsen plays with Manchester City, by far the biggest club side any of the Faroe Islands players feature for, but he has only one cap to his name, having spent a portion of last season on loan at Wrexham. Jakup Mikkelsen is the long-time custodian. Midfielder Simen Samuelsen play for Frem Keflavik in Iceland, while forward Christian Holst plies his trade in the Danish league. Atli Danielsen and Christian Jakobsen have both recently returned home after spells abroad. Probable Starting XI: Mikkelsen; Naes, Benjaminsen, Bo, Davidsen, Gregersen; Danielsen, Lokin, Borg, Samuelsen; Holst France Raymond Domenech has a number of injury problems going into this game. Most notably, Franck Ribery is out, but les Bleus are also shorn of Arsenal pair Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy, both of whom would certainly have been in the squad in some capacity if fit. In addition, starting defender Jean-Alain Boumsong is absent because of hamstring problems. The injury problems reach deeper, though. Mouhamadou Dabo, who was in the squad for the summer friendlies, misses out, as does Toulouse goalkeeper Yohann Pele, who would have been considered the third choice custodian. Finally, striker Jimmy Briand, a regular in the U-23 squads picked by Domenech, is a long-term absentee. There was no place in the player pool for Serie A-based stars Philippe Mexes or Patrick Vieira. Thierry Henry pulled out of the squad on Monday evening and will not be replaced. Depending on how Domenech chooses to play it, Loic Remy of Nice or Florent Malouda of Chelsea will start in place of France’s record goalscorer. Probable Starting XI: Mandanda; Fanni, Gallas, Escude, Evra; L. Diarra, Toulalan; Malouda, Gourcuff, Benzema; Anelka from goal.com + i saw tomorow will rain in Torshavn and it will be 12 degrees Celsius. I guess Faroe + 3 @ 2.25 Bwin is acceptable

Estonia - Brazi Brazil have this squad for the game: Brazil coach Dunga named the following squad on Tuesday for the Confederations Cup champions’ friendly against Estonia in Tallinn on Aug. 12: Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Gomes (Tottenham Hotspur) Defenders: Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Inter Milan), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Lucio (Inter Milan), Luisao (Benfica), Miranda (Sao Paulo), Juan (AS Roma) Midfielders: Elano (Manchester City), Felipe Melo (Juventus), Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Josue (VfL Wolfsburg), Ramires (Benfica), Julio Baptista (AS Roma), Kaka (Real Madrid), Kleberson (Flamengo) Forwards: Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (set to join Villarreal from Internacional), Robinho (Manchester City), Diego Tardelli (Atletico Mineiro) The odds at pinnacle for BRAZIL -2 is 2.040. Isnt that good value against a poor Estonia? Anyone who can add something i should know? Am considering taking this bet
It might be a good bet. But there are some questions. 1. This match is arranged because of 100 years of Estonian football. It should be a celebration. Maybe Brazil is informed not to destroy us and take it very easy. 2. Brazil said, that this match will be as a training for upcoming battle against Argentina. 3. Estonian players are very pumped up. 4. Our team has played a lot better lately. We played 0-0 with Portugal and actually had better chances and dominated in the 2nd half. We beat some poor African team with very confident play. Squads morale is very high at the moment. 5. Our keeper Sergei Pareiko (Tomsk, Russia) is in great shape this season. He just helped to win stacked Zenit 2-0 with some great saves. 6. We don't have any injury problems. We are at full strength. 7. Our coach said, that we won't be sitting 90' in defense. If Brazil won't push us back, then we will try to create chances. It was the exact same story with Portugal. They allowed us to play and we did fine. Can we lose by 3 goals? Sure, but I wouldn't bet my house on it. We are motivated. Brazil has zero motivation. I'm sure that score won't get ugly. No 5-0, or something like that.

I don't think it matters who wins, Norway or Scotland - they're both out. This group only has 1 qualifier because it's 5 teams and there is no way on earth it's not going to be Holland, currently. However, I think Scotland vs Norway will most likely end a draw. It's looking quite worthwhile to go under 2.5 goals because neither are very consistent with goalscoring or are that good either, really.
This i a very open match. Norway have since 2008 only 2 homewins. Argentina 1-0 and won 3-2 finland (with b-squad). the +0,5 on Scotland is good value, but Olsen gamble towmorrow with tippeliga form-players Magne Hoseth (molde) and Huseklepp (Brann). i think manager Egil Olsen would be sacked if they loose against Scotland. So for me is this a match i wont bet on, but the value is on scotland +0,5 in my eyes

Mozzi The other 8 groups have 6 teams. so for each of those 8 groups the results against the bottom team dont count. here is the latest standings. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_-_UEFA_Second_Round
Which might be of interest to those suggesting top teams covering handicaps against lower teams. Regards the Scotland game 3/1 would be a cracking price at any other time of the year but why the hell we are playing them before our own season has started is beyond me. Norway are hardly any better than Iceland.

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Currently I'm leaning towards Russia and Faroe Islands. With Guus back in charge and Argentina absolutely hopeless away I think a levels bet on the AH is very tempting. Don't think Maradona has got it spot on yet with his squad and playing a team like Russia under the guidance of a genius such as Guus will not be easy. In the WCQ qualifiers Argentina lost to Bolivia, Ecuador and Chile away from home. Granted this is onyl a friendly but I don't see Russia losing this match. However, haven't been able to find any team news so if someone can that would be great. In Faroe Islands 5 WCQ they have scored 1 and conceded 7. In France's last 8 games they have only won 4...2 victories over lithunia by a single goal...a single goal victory over turkey and a 2-0 win over tunisia. Under Domenech they dont score too many goals and I fancy Faroe not to get battered. Btw, anyone got any thoguhts on the Korea Paraguay game? Cheers

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Norway v Scotland - LAY Norway @ 2.06 Betfair (£2796 to LAY) The scots can get a result in Norway tonight, Norway currently sit bottom of the pile with no wins in there five games and only two goals scored, Scotland have the better midfield and I think that may be key here, its true that they have a few injury worries going into the game but they have a solid midfield with Fletcher & Brown (hopefully fit enough). I don't think Scotland will mind taking a draw tonight which is why I advice laying Norway.

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Hungary - Romania This is not a friendly game in the true meaning of word.This is a question of honour,history and pride for romanians.Maybe some of you don`t know the political problems between these two countries (and i won`t start a history/political disscusion)and the huge rivalry between citizens.I expect a hard game for both sides ,but if one goal scored before 30 mins this will go crazy.I see Marica scoring against hungarians,an over 2.5 and Romania to win,and i`m pretty sure value is on our side Over 2.5 @ 2.00 Romania to win 2.50 Romania to lead HT or FT @ 1.96 Marica to score

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Faroes +3 13/10 PaddyPower I also think this is a good bet. France are a poor side, simple as! They play very negatively and never have a real go for teams. It has been a long time since France destroyed any team and with a few players out (Ribery most certainly out) i think they will struggle even against the Faroe minnows. In qualifing so far france have only managed to score 7 and concede 6 in 5 games. Faroes have only conceded 7 in 5 games, so gone are the days when they would lose 5-0 or 6-0. For some reason Eurosport always show French Internationals and everyone can see how bad they are. Benzema is there only world class player and if Faroes can keep tabs on him I could even see a shock here (draw or Faroes win maybe:hope). Another point is that France seem to sit back on leads and just play out the game if they are leading. Also, correct me if i'm wrong, but regarding finishing second in the Group goals scored against the bottom team (more than likely Faroes) does not count when ranking of best second place teams! A final point is that Kerr will know the french style and players from his Irish days and may also seek out a some revenge;)

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Hi there, to introduce myself cuz i'm new around here, i'm 31 white male, into sports, football, running and weights...Adicted to WoW (warcraft) and also love the feel of a good gamble but within my means!. I'm pretty new around these parts as i said, but love this site i've been aguest for awhile now but feel the need to take it further - Punters lounge seems friendly and informative which is great. I'm not a super gambler as such and was ready to spend 50 quid pot on this season. However this all changed about 3 weeks ago when my lottery syndicate of 3 won 2300 - my pot has gone from 50 to 800. Well this Wed i've forecast what i think will be draws: belarus holland northern ireland russia norway Good luck if you have bet with them. Best regards andy

SportFootball (Internationals)
EventNorway vs Scotland
SelectionNorway (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date12/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.24 (Lay)
ReasoningI can't have Norway at this price and maybe I am going with my heart a little here but I feel Scotland are easily capable of beating this Norwegian side tonight. We were very unlucky not to beat them at Hampden last year and sitting bottom of the group, things have only got worse for Norway since then. This is basically a must win match for Scotland to keep up our play offs hope and with Brown & Fletcher dominating in the midfield, I feel we will avoid defeat tonight and perhaps pick up all 3 points.

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Alright here are my picks for today. Macedonia - Spain -> Over 2.5 (coeff:1.75) The very unknown team of Macedonia will meet Spain. I think Spain will not have any difficulties at all to win this one with a comfortable lead from at least 3 goals. Luxemburg - Lithuania -> Under 2.5 (coeff:1.80) Two teams that don't really shine with great football. They seem pretty equal so I expect if not a draw, a minimal victory for either with 1:0 or 0:1 Poland - Greece -> Over 2.5 (coeff:2.20) From the recent stats seems like both teams go open in friendlies and try to score as much. I think this game will be no exception. Russia - Argentina - 2 (coeff:2.70) Even though it's just a friendly and it's played in Russia, Messy and company should be able to come out victorious. The Russian team is not to be underestimated, but if an early goal gets in their net, they seem to loose control.

Russia - Argentina - 2 (coeff:2.70) Even though it's just a friendly and it's played in Russia, Messy and company should be able to come out victorious. The Russian team is not to be underestimated, but if an early goal gets in their net, they seem to loose control.
Messy wont play today, he's injured.

Messy wont play today' date=' he's injured.[/quote'] I know i was just using "messy and company" as a replacement for Argentina =) but yeah i forgot to mention that

South Africa - Serbia :: 19:00 CET Serbia go into this match without the services of Ivica Dragutinovic, Marko Pantelic, Dejan Stankovic, Nemanja Vidic, Aleksandar Kolarov, Nenad Milijas, Miralem Sulejmani, Nemanja Matic, Bosko Jankovic,... Radomir Antic has called up 18 players: Goalkeepers: Vladimir Stojkovic, Zeljko Brkic (Vojvodina) Defenders: Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea), Nenad Tomovic (Genoa), Neven Subotic (Borussia Dortmund), Aleksandar Lukovic (Udinese), Antonio Rukavina (TSV 1860 Munchen), Ivan Obradovic (Partizan) Midfielders: Milos Ninkovic (Dynamo Kiev), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Fiorentina), Gojko Kacar (Hertha BSC), Milos Krasic (CSKA Moscow), Radosav Petrovic (Partizan), Zoran Tosic (Manchester United), Milan Jovanovic (Standard Liege), Marko Milinkovic (MFK Kosice) Forwards: Nikola Zigic (Valencia), Danko Lazovic (PSV Eindhoven)
Still a very strong squad....

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 . With Guus in charge of Russia I think they could have a good chance of winning playing Argentina to night ,all that traveling and Argentina not playing so well away from home it all points to a home ,Watched the game a few weeks ago USA vs Mexiko and the little grengos played good i think its going to be more of the same . next up is South Africa - Serbia here as well Serbia travel along away to play this match and i can not see them getting any thing from the game a home win then to South Africa ,been on a big loseing streak latley so be careful with your money there only friendies RUSSIA MEXIKO SOUTH AFRICA GOOD LUCK

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Considering these are frendlies, some games are being offered odds between 1,65 and 1,71 for Over 2 goals, which I find very good, and picked a few ( in Midweek Bets ). I also raised my stakes a bit for these picks - more safety and a bad night in Carling Cup last night. Picked also Bulgaria for Over 3 - hosts are having many options forward, but Bulgarian defense has always been a problem and I do think guest can score as they did earlier often enough in the qualifying games. Elsewhere will follow the picks above and got Scotland + 0,5 AH. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE P.S. Sorry about the Bulgaria post, boring game with plyers walking, onto Holland - England...

Considering these are frendlies' date=' some games are being offered odds between 1,65 and 1,71 ...[/quote'] Nicko, legendary punter??? you've been a busy bee I see. How come the CONCACAF qualifiers are absent from the list? I fancy Mexico to do the business over the USA at Azteca today.

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Azerbaijan - Germany under 2.5 @ 2.65 (sportingbet) Not exactly an easy place to play in Baku for the Germans as the pitch is not conducive to good football while Vogts will look to play more defensive against his coutrymen. the Germnas themselves are onyl now just started their regular season and they could be rusty with their game play as the Azerbaijani's do have a decent record as while they have not won in thier 5 games they have not lost by more than 2-0 in their 4 losses and that 2-0 losss was away to Russia. Looking to a dour match from the home team while the Germans do enough to get the points Faroe Islands - France under 2.5 @ 2.85 (sportingbet) The Faroes have been solid at home defensively as they have gone under in all 3 home games as well as 5 overall. They are unlikely to score but the French too have had problems scoring in these qualifiers as they have gone under in their last 2 qualifiers and with some injuries they may struggle to overcome the home team's resistance Norway @ 2.18 (pinnacle) Norway in a must win game against the Scots of they are to have any chance in progressing to the World Cup. The aerial theeat of Carew is always a problem for any side while they have some defensive solidity with Hangeland and Riise back there and their experience playing in the Premier League should have make them confortable with whatever the Scots give them especially as they have several players out injured. Belarus - Croatia over 2.5 @ 2.10 (centrebet) Both teams need a win here as they vie for second spot in this group and while the Croatians are favoured they have a history of struggling against teams who they regard as much weaker teams. Still they will come here with the knowledge they can't allow this game to slip as they a have tough game in England coming up and 3 points here is vital. The Belorussians did take it to England last October and will do the same here as they have nothng to lose as the expectations of a win are low but even though they lost 3-1 to the English they did take it to them. If the Croats don't control the game early then they will be in for a very tough game. Like the look of the over given the need for both teams to score and both teams like to attack, and with the Croatians at full strength now that Eduardo is back, look to them to provide the finishing they have lacked

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Albania vs Cypros Pick albania to win. Reason: The Albanian starting team consistof the best they have, with Hamdi Salihi ( ried , top scorer) and Erjon Bogdani ( chievo ) starting up front. The midfield also cosnsiting of their main players, like Lorik Cana the new captain of sunderland, Skela, Duro, Hyka and few others, the defence, there is no missing in the defence. I personally think cypros and albania are much the same teams, but i think Albania will win tonite, they really gave a hard game to portugal the last game, and were unlcuky to loose in the last minute. GL

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 vels.png I realy think that Montenegro have enough quality to win against Wales who come to MNE without some important players. Wales are very good side but without Craig Bellamy I think that Montenegro should be able to beat them. Sporting Lisbon attacking midfielder Simon Vukčević is back into A team after injury and that is very good news for hosts. Odds for home win are great so I will go with 7/10 on home win. Montenegro ML at @2,05 (BetKlass) - 7/10

Nicko, legendary punter??? you've been a busy bee I see. How come the CONCACAF qualifiers are absent from the list? I fancy Mexico to do the business over the USA at Azteca today.
Not in the last 2 months though....

Re: International Friendlies & Qualifiers 12th August 2009 Not very inspirational but I like the look of the 2+ goals in the England v Holland game @ 1.46. You have to go back to March 2008 (17 games ago) to find their last 1-0. With many players eager to impress this one should be able to produce a couple of goals, at a price that's just abotu accpetable. HOLLAND v ENGLAND | 2+ goals @ 1.46