Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23

SportTennis
EventElena Dementieva v Shahar Peer
SelectionUnder 19.5 games
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningUnder 19.5 looks excellent choice here. Last 3 meetings Dementieva has crushed in many less games. Now Peer form doesn't seem as good, despite reasonable win over Schiavone. I think Dementieva will be the type to play hard this week unlike some of the other big names. Paddy Power has this number at 17.5 games which seems more reasonable so good chance on under.
SportTennis
EventSerena Williams v Alona Bondarenko
SelectionAlona Bondarenko +3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningOK so Serena comes through last night without problem but I'm still not convinced and will go against her again. Bondarenko is capable of playing excellent tennis and has the ability to keep this close. She's played well in first two matches and should be a test for Serena.
SportTennis
EventZheng Jie v Lucie Safarova
SelectionZheng Jie -2.5 games
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
ReasoningI think Zheng is big favourite for this match up. She got a nice win for me yesterday and I fully expect another here. Safarova got a big win over Ivanovic but after that tough match in night session to come out in the day is tough. I still don't think she's back in top form and will struggle against Zheng.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Hi guys, 1 more bet for the WTA Toronto tournament: ZHENG TO D SAFAROVA @ 1.62 on sportingbet Zheng is coming back to her best form after a mid-year slump (two good wins over Wozniacki and Vesnina this week, and SF last week defeating Safina in QF). Safarova is still out-of-form, struggling with consistency from the baseline. Her recent win over Ivanovic is nothing special, Ivanovic is losing to everybody lately.

Acasuso +5.5 games over Federer @ 5/6 Looks like good handicap here.Federer not really himself in these tournaments, early rounds he could start a bit slow.Acasuso not really at his best on hard but has some big shots and can hold serve hopefully.Fully expect Federer win but Acasuso can make it tight. Roddick/Querrey over 22.5 games @ 5/6 This also looks good.Both have had some good runs in recent tournaments and have strong service games.Roddick has had a few long, tough matches losing Washington final and semis in Montreal both to Del Potro and may not be as fresh this week.Think this match could have two long sets or go to three. GL!
WIN WIN...:ok

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Hewitt over Querrey @ 4/5 Hewitt looks very comfortable here in Cincinnati. After disappointing performance against JCF last week in Montreal, he's come here and played well - comfortable win over Becker and ground down Soderling in opening round.Has good record here aswell.Querrey has had good few weeks in America and took full advantage of a sluggish Roddick last night.His serve is a weapon here on fast surface but Hewitt is a very good returner and can grind him down.Will be tight but hope Hewitt can take this. Berdych over Guccione @ 2/3 Guccione having a great run here beating Tsonga,Kohlschreiber and some qualifiers aswell.All matches are tight though and alot of tie-breaks.Berdych has the game to play well on hard surface but is also very inconsistent.Think he is a much better player and can take this one. Berdych/Guccione over 23.5 games @ 5/6 Fancy Berdych to win but this could be a tight match and maybe one tie-break or two.Over 23.5 looks a good bet in this match. Also considering over 20.5 in Federer match and Sharapova but may just leave those ones. Good Luck!

SportTennis
EventAndy Murray v Radek Stepanek
SelectionRadek Stepanek +2.5 games
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningI was going to leave this opportunity but now I think it may be a good one. Murray almost dropped a set against Almagro then was stronger, but I think this will be a tougher test. The match up should be good for Murray but Stepanek will like the occasion and the chance to cause a bi surprise. I think he can take a set and that makes this handicap appealing, or if not still a chance for 2 tiebreaks.
SportTennis
EventSamantha Stosur v Virgine Razzano
SelectionVirgine Razzano
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningRazzano got the win for me yesterday but that was against clearly tired Pennetta. This will be a much tougher match against Stosur who is clearly in excellent form. However, Stosur is coming from a night match and now first up the next day is very tough. Razzano has a lot of quality and when playing well can be excellent.

SportTennis
EventAgnieszka Radwanska v Kateryna Bondarenko
SelectionKateryna Bondarenko
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.60 (Back)
ReasoningI bet against Radwanska yesterday and it was not to be, but maybe it will be today. I'm still thinking she's not playing well and is definately beatable. Bondarenko got the massive win against Venus, but good thing she had a day to get over it. Other than that form still appears to be pretty good recently, and she has good chance here. Another plus is Bonarenko beat Radwanska in Australian Open this year.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 I don't know I only really look at doubles in the Grand Slams. But the price tells you a lot! Bryans clearly better team, playing at home country and should be big favourites. But I don't know if maybe they are like Federer, only focus on major events! Mirnyi is excellent doubles player, but maybe a bit old now and lost a step. Ram is solid too, I don't know how much they have played together but I'd imagine they are a reasonable pair.

Sport Tennis
Event Tomas Berdych v Chris Guccione
Selection Chris Guccione
Strength 10/10
Date 20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.66 (Back)
Reasoning This looks like excellent opportunity for Guccione. He plays through qualifying and Kohlschreiber and Tsonga and now a chance for another great win. When he serves well big lefty very tough to play and he can win this match. He has beaten Berdych twice in his home tournament in Sydney which should bring confidence. Berdych looked a bit of a mess against Petzschner and this will be tough match for him.
Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Paul-Henri Methieu
Selection Rafael Nadal -3.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Maybe Nadal is not playing so great but still big chances here. Main thing, weather today is windy! Nadal is the master in the wind, remember what he did to Murray in bad wind earlier in the year! I can't understand Mathieu coping with the conditions so well so this will be awful match up for him.

Sport Tennis
Event Maria Sharapova v Vera Zvonareva
Selection Maria Sharapova -2.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
Reasoning Interesting match with both coming back from injuries and not reaching top level again yet. But I think Sharapova is at a better level at the moment and should be a good favourite in this match. Recent performances are better as is top level of game so I think she'll cover handicap well.
Sport Tennis
Event Kim Clijsters v Jelena Jankovic
Selection Kim Clijsters
Strength 10/10
Date 20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Clijsters looking so good since come back from retirement I think excellent opportunity. It took top level performance from Safina last week to beat her and I think Jankovic doesn't have that type of power. Clijsters has some bad moments in matches which caused drop set to Azarenka but normal level is excellent so good chance of winning.

Hewitt over Querrey @ 4/5 Hewitt looks very comfortable here in Cincinnati. After disappointing performance against JCF last week in Montreal, he's come here and played well - comfortable win over Becker and ground down Soderling in opening round.Has good record here aswell.Querrey has had good few weeks in America and took full advantage of a sluggish Roddick last night.His serve is a weapon here on fast surface but Hewitt is a very good returner and can grind him down.Will be tight but hope Hewitt can take this. Berdych over Guccione @ 2/3 Guccione having a great run here beating Tsonga,Kohlschreiber and some qualifiers aswell.All matches are tight though and alot of tie-breaks.Berdych has the game to play well on hard surface but is also very inconsistent.Think he is a much better player and can take this one. Berdych/Guccione over 23.5 games @ 5/6 Fancy Berdych to win but this could be a tight match and maybe one tie-break or two.Over 23.5 looks a good bet in this match. Also considering over 20.5 in Federer match and Sharapova but may just leave those ones. Good Luck!
WIN WIN LOSS...:ok

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Berdych/Nadal over 21.5 games @ 5/6 Looks a good bet.Rafa slowly returning to form after couple of wins over Seppi and Mathieu but still not returning as well as he can and leaving many short balls.Berdych unlike those two has the big serve and has power game to hurt Nadal at times.Berdych actually leads Nadal 3-1 on hard surface with one of those wins coming in Cincinnati in 2005.Never know what you get with Berdych but I think he can make this tight. Murray/Benneteau under 19.5 games @ 5/6 Murray is the form player right now.Looking very good going into US Open - little slow adjusting to faster surface against Almagro but very good since with comfortable win over Stepanek.Don't think Benneteau has weapons to hurt murray and he will probably be delighted to have got to Masters 1/4 final.He will certainly lose but hoping Murray makes it comfortable.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 I like that one Gooner:loon

SportTennis
EventAndy Murray v Julien Benneteau
SelectionUnder 19.5 games
Strength10/10
Date21/08/2009
ReasoningMurray exceptional yesterday against Stepanek and this match should be easier. Benneteau had long match with Garcia-Lopez putting in a lot of effort. Surely Murray will be able to dominate this match and William Hill going 19.5 against most others going 18.5 makes this nice bet.
SportTennis
EventRoger Federer v Lleyton Hewitt
SelectionLleyton Hewitt +2.5 games
Strength10/10
Date21/08/2009
ReasoningFedrer seems unbackable in these tournaments with another tough match yesterday. I think this match go the same way, very close and good chance of 3 sets. Maybe Hewitt come through, maybe not but I like chances of close match and covering small handicap. Hewitt was impressive yesterday against Querrey in a match I thought he would lose and I back him here.
SportTennis
EventNovak Djokovic v Gilles Simon
SelectionGilles Simon +3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date21/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 2.00 (Back)
ReasoningLook at head to head 2-1 to Djokovic and all matches very close. Expect the same in this match so good chance on handicap. Simon was very impressive to me in tough match against Davydenko yesterday so I will back him. Djokovic I don't know winning matches but not really impressive performance. So I think he may come through this match but if he does then will be close and +3.5 games at 2.00 is nice.

SportTennis
EventElena Dementieva v Sam Stosur
SelectionSam Stosur
Strength10/10
Date21/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.40 (Back)
ReasoningStosur looking in excellent form again in this tournament with wins over Kuznetsova and Razzano. Dementievas form too has been good but struggle yesterday against Peer maybe she is fatigued. Head 2 head this year is interesting with a close match in Australia where Stosur crumbled under pressure then Stosur got win in French Open. Stosur really playing good tennis and as outsider worth a try.
SportTennis
EventSerena Williams v Lucie Safarova
SelectionLucie Safarova +3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date21/08/2009
Reasoning3rd time lucky? I need to try this bet against Serena again. Looking at serving stats still not thinking she is playing at best and is vunerable at least to a close match. Safarova is inconsistant but she has a big game and can really take it to Williams and that gives her chance in this match up.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Thinking strongly about backing Simon to beat Djokovic aswell. It's 5/2 at Ladbrokes...watched Djokovic last night against Chardy and his shots didnt seem to be penetrating, alot in the middle of the court.But he was returning very well.Simon is a classic defensive pusher and seems to be getting some form back.Maybe he takes this one. Though the overs market is probably the safer way to go.

Thinking strongly about backing Simon to beat Djokovic aswell. It's 5/2 at Ladbrokes...watched Djokovic last night against Chardy and his shots didnt seem to be penetrating' date=' alot in the middle of the court.But he was returning very well.Simon is a classic defensive pusher and seems to be getting some form back.Maybe he takes this one. Though the overs market is probably the safer way to go.[/quote'] Simon is a freak, was going to back him to win the tournament, but i dont know if i should !

SportTennis
EventRafael Nadal v Tomas Berdych
SelectionRafael Nadal -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date21/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.90 (Back)
ReasoningBerdych used to cause Nadal problems, but no more! Nadal has won the last few matches and definately created the mental edge over Berdych. Last night Nadal looked very good against Mathieu after bad start and similar level tonight should see no problems against Berdych.

Berdych/Nadal over 21.5 games @ 5/6 Looks a good bet.Rafa slowly returning to form after couple of wins over Seppi and Mathieu but still not returning as well as he can and leaving many short balls.Berdych unlike those two has the big serve and has power game to hurt Nadal at times.Berdych actually leads Nadal 3-1 on hard surface with one of those wins coming in Cincinnati in 2005.Never know what you get with Berdych but I think he can make this tight. Murray/Benneteau under 19.5 games @ 5/6 Murray is the form player right now.Looking very good going into US Open - little slow adjusting to faster surface against Almagro but very good since with comfortable win over Stepanek.Don't think Benneteau has weapons to hurt murray and he will probably be delighted to have got to Masters 1/4 final.He will certainly lose but hoping Murray makes it comfortable.
WIN LOSS

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray v Roger Federer
Selection Andy Murray
Strength 10/10
Date 22/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Andy Murray has to be the choice for me. Head 2 head is excellent and a lot of the amtches he just grinds Federer down into errors. If Grand Slam Federer is 100% focus then maybe different but in Masters Series surely Murray. Slight worry Murray not so good yesterday against Benneteau but he loves playing Federer and loves beating him!

Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams v Elena Dementieva
Selection Elena Dementieva +1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 22/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Expekt @ 1.75 (Back)
Reasoning Interesting match up and I like Dementieva to at least get 1 set. Form in this tournament give edge to Serena because of straight ets wins but also she hasn't been pressured by tough opponents. Dementieva the type to step up for this big match up and without it being Grand Slam big advantage to her. Head to head shows Serena excellent at the start but since then Dementieva improve serve and a lot of close meeting with Dementieva getting some wins. Not sure about win today, but +1.5 sets seems good price.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Novak Djokovic
Selection Lay Novak Djokovic (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.50 (Lay)
Reasoning Has to be Nadal for me tonight. Just looking at the form in this tournament Nadal seems to close to his best again while Djokovic not so impressive. Djokovic found his form on the clay where he pushed Nadal to very close matches but now on hard courts not so good. Nadal has all the fight and should be strong. Plus, Nadal has been getting the night matches where Djokovic playing more earlier so Nadal should be more used to the conditions.
Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Maria Sharapova v Alisa Kleybanova
Selection Lay Alisa Kleybanova (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 22/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.95 (Lay)
Reasoning Cannot see many chances for Kleybanova. She had excellent match v Jankovic but this surely must be mentally and physically tough, especially after so many set points chances missed to take sets. Also remember when she beat Venus Williams in Madrid then next day awful against Wozniacki. Sharapova is showing highest level since her comeback and has great chance of making final.

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic
Selection Novak Djokovic
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.00 (Back)
Reasoning I cannot believe the tennis I saw from Djokovic last night, it was beautiful aggressive tennis! He hasn't played like that since Australia 2008 and a repeat in the final surely will get the win. Federer too good performance against Murray but I was quite disappointed the way Murray played. Head to head is 7-4 to Federer but Djokovic has won both meetings this year.
Sport Tennis
Event Elena Dementieva v Maria Sharapova
Selection Elena Dementieva -1.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 23/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning This looks like an excellent chance for Dementieva and the price is pretty good. She showed great form over Serena Williams and should have confidence in the final. Sharapova had a much later match and big struggle against Kleybanova and that could tamper abilities in the final. Head to head is in favour of Sharapova but they haven't played in quite a long time, and Dementieva has more belief these days.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Think backing Djokovic is dangerous today.A great win over Nadal last night but Djokovic in notoriously very good at night under the lights.Tends to struggle more during the day in the heat.Think it will be a 3-setter but Fed to prevail in my opinion. Not backing it though, will just watch.