Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Took JMDP @ 2.3 on surf. that in the past suited much better to him,than Nadal.This is first real test for Nadal after his injury and I don't think he'll pass it.Del Potro didn't convince me with his game this week plus looked tired on the last match,but should be full of confidence considering his winning streak and be very inspired for this match-up.It's hard to say something for Nadals game as he played only seven games two days ago,but was breaked on serve against injured Ferrer what makes me think that he's still not ready for a top-class opponent.I hope that JMDP will be on today delivering me valuable win(really need it after some bad football punts yesterday). GL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23

SportTennis
EventDinara Safina v Flavia Pennetta
SelectionLay Flavia Pennetta (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date15/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.05 (Lay)
ReasoningYesterday Safina showed that she is number 1 with excellent performance beating Kim Clijsters! I was really impressed with how she play, looked much better than in other recent matches. Pennetta form excellent, winning so many match, but has looked a bit tired at times this week. Run must surely come to an end soon, and Safina has the class to end the run.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 I'd side with Roddick also to be honest.Great win for Del Potro last night but Roddick has also looked great against Verdasco and Djoker.A few points will probably swing this one either way.Not gonna back it. Murray will certainly win I'd say.Tsonga not really a great match-up for him and can cause problems if he's not hitting many unforced errors and serves well, but Murray will frustrate him with his consistency.I'd say murray in two but possibly three if Tsonga takes a tie-break. Just doing one more bet until next week's master's begins: Murray to win Montreal Masters @ 4/5 Playing very well.His price today is really low vs Tsonga and he'll be a fave against either Roddick/Del Potro if he gets through (maybe 2/5 or 1/2) so feel now is the time to get on Murray.Serving well, defending brilliantly, consistent from the baseline and playing with good tactics using the slice at good moments.Certainly his best surface by a distace and the big servers aren't having as much joy on slower surface here so think Murray will take the title. GL!

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Jankovic - Dementieva This year i always bet against Jankovic and made a good profit. However this time , i will back Jankovic. Tactic's of Jankovic works very well against dementieva.If we investigate last 6 matches between them , we can see it very clearly. Both of them have a poor serve.Both of them haven't achieved a great success this year. Victory against injured cirstea is not real sign i think for dementieva. Yesterday, Jankovic was really impressive especially at 1 st set against bammer.She was also played good against azarenka. Jankovic to beat dementieva @2.40

SportTennis
EventAndy Murray v Jo-Wilfreid Tsonga
SelectionAndy Murray -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date15/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningI see Murray having reasonable time in this match. Tsonga pulled off miracle win yesterday against Federer but cannot see him getting success against Murray. Murray has looked excellent so far and another performance like that really don't think he drops a set.

SportTennis
EventJuan Martin del Potro v Andy Roddick
SelectionJuan Martin del Potro
Strength10/10
Date15/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.91 (Back)
ReasoningVery difficult match, we see last week del Potro in final set tie break! This week, both had some problems, but both come through tough opponents in quarter final. Market gives slight advantage for del Potro, and I agree, but I think advantage should be a little bigger than this!

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 My outrights play each other in the final:cheers. Not sure how this will go, should be Murray but he served so bad yesterday. Worry about del Potro being tired, after playing 2 night matches now having to play an early game. In the sun against Hanescu he really struggled.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Safina - Jankovic This will be an one-sided match i think. Jankovic with her poor serve, has no chance against Safina. Safina is one class better than dementieva. Safina has a good serve.In this match there won't be too many chance for jankovic to break Safina's serve like yesterday's match against dementieva. Both players like making defence.They are both playing at least 2 meters behind the baseline. There are only 2 difference between these players according to their styles : 1- Safina has a good serve , jankovic has a poor serve 2- The body of Safina is stronger than Jankovic.Safina can hit many winners in a match.But Jankovic can not hit too many winners in one match.Because her body is very weak for a tennis player. Safina to beat Jankovic 2-0 @2.10

SportTennis
EventDinara Safina v Jelena Jankovic
SelectionDinara Safina -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date16/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.10 (Back)
ReasoningSafina beautiful form, she is showing the real number 1! Excellent performances against Clijsters and Pennetta and I see nothing less than crushing Jankovic. Jankovic managed to come through tough match against Dementieva, but this is much tougher match and I don't think it will be close.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Hi guys, 1 bet for the WTA Toronto tournament: SHARAPOVA TO D PETROVA @ 1.36 on paddypower / boylesports Sharapova looks to be in good form reaching finals in Birmingham and Los Angeles (her last tournament). Her shoulder is 95% OK, according to her own interviews. Petrova struggling with injuries this year also and she is not in Sharapova's level at the moment. Two weeks ago in Stanford Sharapova defeated Petrova by 6-1 6-2 (total Head to Head 7:1) and is a clear favorite for this one also.

SportTennis
EventRogers Cup R1 Tennis
SelectionMarion Bartoli - Marion Bartoli v Alona Bondarenko
Strength10/10
Date17/08/2009
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.34 (Back)
ReasoningBartoli has had a week off after a first round loss to Clijsters last week, short breaks are a benefit to Bartoli. Losing to Clijsters is nothing to be ashamed of. Of course Bartoli won the tournament the week before so has match practice as well. A good combination when added to her 3-0 h2h advantage over Bondarenko.

Murray to win Montreal Masters @ 4/5 Playing very well.His price today is really low vs Tsonga and he'll be a fave against either Roddick/Del Potro if he gets through (maybe 2/5 or 1/2) so feel now is the time to get on Murray.Serving well, defending brilliantly, consistent from the baseline and playing with good tactics using the slice at good moments.Certainly his best surface by a distace and the big servers aren't having as much joy on slower surface here so think Murray will take the title. GL!
Good man Murray.:ok

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Just taking one today: Ferrero over Cilic @8/13 Ferrero playing very well.Very consistent and dominating points with his accurate forehand/backhand.Looked great beating Hewitt and Monfils last week before falling to Murray but he still fought hard in that match.Cilic looks off form to me, many unforced errors against Youzhny last week and against Devvarman in Washington.Also has 0-2 record in Cincinnatti while JCF has performed well here in the past.Think he takes this one. GL!

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Hi guys, 1 further bet for the WTA Toronto tournament: KIRILENKO TO D PENNETTA @ 3.95 on betfair Pennetta played 11 matches in the last 14 days so she must be very tired. Kirilenko has 2:1 Head to Head record against Pennetta, she played two good matches last week (losing in a close match to the champion Jankovic) and two good qualifying wins this week (over Kvitova and Malek). Worth a bet at such high odds.

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Lost with JCF yesterday but try and get back winning today. Melzer over Lopez @ Evens Looks a 50/50 match and bookies agree but make Lopez slight fave so I am happy to take Melzer as slight underdog.Both were beaten early last week in Montreal and neither are in great form.Melzer was showing some good things on clay a few weeks ago while Lopez has been pretty poor bar winning a challenger event in Spain.Melzer leads head to head 2-1 with his two wins coming on American hardcourts..however all their matches have been tight.Probably be the same today but happy to side with Melzer. Might see more later. GL!

SportTennis
EventGilles Simon v Igor Andreev
SelectionIgor Andreev
Strength10/10
Date18/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.72 (Back)
ReasoningAndreev looks like a good opportunity to me. Courts in Cincinatti suit and he gets big spin and bounce on serve and forehand. Already had a match beating Kiefer OK and can win another here. Simon form coming back a little bit but disappointed me last week. I think Andreev really move him around and has a good chance of winning.

Lost with JCF yesterday but try and get back winning today. Melzer over Lopez @ Evens Looks a 50/50 match and bookies agree but make Lopez slight fave so I am happy to take Melzer as slight underdog.Both were beaten early last week in Montreal and neither are in great form.Melzer was showing some good things on clay a few weeks ago while Lopez has been pretty poor bar winning a challenger event in Spain.Melzer leads head to head 2-1 with his two wins coming on American hardcourts..however all their matches have been tight.Probably be the same today but happy to side with Melzer. Might see more later. GL!
Wrong game sorry. delete this

Lost with JCF yesterday but try and get back winning today. Melzer over Lopez @ Evens Looks a 50/50 match and bookies agree but make Lopez slight fave so I am happy to take Melzer as slight underdog.Both were beaten early last week in Montreal and neither are in great form.Melzer was showing some good things on clay a few weeks ago while Lopez has been pretty poor bar winning a challenger event in Spain.Melzer leads head to head 2-1 with his two wins coming on American hardcourts..however all their matches have been tight.Probably be the same today but happy to side with Melzer. Might see more later. GL!
WIN.:ok Phew...how many match points did he miss there...3 I think.

SportTennis
EventDavid Ferrer v Marin Cilic
SelectionMarin Cilic
Strength10/10
Date18/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.08 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks a tough match but I'm willing to choose Cilic. I think the conditions here really suit his game and he should go well. He played excellent game against Ferrero playing very strong tennis. Ferrer nice result against Wawrinka, but still maybe struggling with knee problem and I'm going to bet Cilic.
SportTennis
EventTommy Haas v John Isner
SelectionJohn Isner
Strength10/10
Date18/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.44 (Back)
ReasoningI like betting against Haas here. I think his form is down from a few months ago but not being priced correctly. Also Haas had problems with big blister on hand so maybe practice less coming in here. Isner having excellent summer doing exceptional results in American tournaments and on quick pace of Cincinatti can send bombs on Haas tonight.

SportTennis
EventMikael Youzhny v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez
SelectionGuillermo Garcia-Lopez
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceVCBet @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningYesterday Garcia-Lopez beats a bad Verdasco but he did play well himself. Now he plays Youzhnt and has a 3-0 in head to head. Garcia-Lopez is very effective player on quick courts winning title this year and the quickest clay courts. Youzhny improving form maybe but still looking poor at times and Garcia-Lopez is a good price to take advantage.
SportTennis
EventIvo Karlovic v Paul-Henri Mathieu
SelectionLay Paul-Henri Mathieu (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.15 (Lay)
ReasoningKarlovic loves the fast courts of Cincinatti with good run last year and good win v Monfils first round this year. Mathieu form looks OK but he does not have mental strength to cope with this match up I think. Sure you have to think he will have loss of concentration and bad service game, and Karlovic has the skills to pounce!
SportTennis
EventNovak Djokovic v Ivan Ljubicic
SelectionIvan Ljubicic +4.5 games
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 1.83 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like a good chance for Ljubicic to stay close. Courts are fast helping Ljubicic hold serve and he already has matches from qualifying and round 1. Djokovic form still questionable and his matches kept close last week. I think Djokovic come through but keeping in this handicap is a very good chance for Ljubicic.
SportTennis
EventTomas Berdych v Phillip Petzschner
SelectionPhillip Petzschner
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningPetzschner deserves a chance at this price. He's in good form this summer on hard coruts with wins over Fish, Querrey and Robredo. He won nice match against Bolelli yesterday and seems to be playing well. Berdych beat Petzschner a few weeks ago but it was a close match. Berdych form OK, coming through against Gonzalez yesterday by a retirement. Still I think this will be close encounter and like the price.
SportTennis
EventAndy Murray v Nicolas Almagro
SelectionNicolas Almagro +1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 4.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis set handicap surely worth a chance. Murray coming from Montreal, driving down yesterday and everyone knows it's hard to adjust between these venues. Sometimes Murray can start slow and this gives Almagro a chance to strike! He's a strong baselien player who maybe not best on hard courts but he can still cause problems. Plus one of Almagros best wins was over Murray in French Open last year so he should be excited for this match!
SportTennis
EventJohn Isner v Jeremy Chardy
SelectionJeremy Chardy -3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningI like John Isner but I think this is a bad opportunity for him. He had tough match late last night against Haas and now a quick return for a day match today maybe in the heat. Physically sometimes Isner can struggle and lose pace on serve, and I think this is a chance for him to fail. Chardy reasonable player, I think he can break Isner and chance to cover this handicap.
SportTennis
EventRafael Nadal v Andreas Seppi
SelectionAndreas Seppi +3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis maybe tough for Nadal. He didn't look great in comeback last week and now in Cincinatti conditions may not be great for him. Seppi is tough player to understand, but he likes to step up for the big matches. He has beaten Nadal indoors before and that time the match up looked really good for him. If he plays well he can keep this match close and keep within the small handicap.

SportTennis
EventAgnieszka Radwanska v Agnes Szavay
SelectionAgnes Szavay
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like a close match-up and an appealing price on Szavay. For me, Radwanska is worrying at the moment. Form doesn't seem to be good and some worrying losses. In US hardcourt summer she has lost to Hantuchova, Cirstea and Bammer, all matches where she was quite big favourite. Szavay form is average, but she is dangerous player and can pull off big victories.
SportTennis
EventVera Zvonareva v Roberta Vinci
SelectionRoberta Vinci
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningDifficult to have confidence in Zvonareva with fitness still looking to be lacking. All matches this summer seem to be struggles and she can lose at any moment. Vinci has been very confortable in qualifying and first round. She is good grinder player and can give big problems if Zvonareva isn't at top of her game.
SportTennis
EventCaroline Wozniacki v Jie Zheng
SelectionJie Zheng
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceVCBet @ 2.62 (Back)
ReasoningWozniacki is reminding me of Radwanska as a player not at the top of her game. I think this match up suits Zheng as Wozniacki will let Zhend dictate the play. Zheng is excellent player, can produce excellent performances. But she sometimes is very bad because she needs great timing, so it is worth backing at bigger prices.
SportTennis
EventFlavia Pennetta v Virgine Razzano
SelectionVirgine Razzano
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 3.35 (Back)
ReasoningPennetta is playing so many matches recently, it is ridiculous! Performance against Safina last week was poor and now maybe is she is against tough opponent she will struggle again. Razzano is inconsistant but can put in big performance and this looks a nice price. Plus, the head to head is 3-0 for Razzano!

Re: Tennis: ATP/WTA Montreal & Cincinnati Aug 8-23 Acasuso +5.5 games over Federer @ 5/6 Looks like good handicap here.Federer not really himself in these tournaments, early rounds he could start a bit slow.Acasuso not really at his best on hard but has some big shots and can hold serve hopefully.Fully expect Federer win but Acasuso can make it tight. Roddick/Querrey over 22.5 games @ 5/6 This also looks good.Both have had some good runs in recent tournaments and have strong service games.Roddick has had a few long, tough matches losing Washington final and semis in Montreal both to Del Potro and may not be as fresh this week.Think this match could have two long sets or go to three. GL!

SportTennis
EventKim Clijsters v Victoria Azarenka
SelectionKim Clijsters -1.5 sets
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Boylesports @ 3.50 (Back)
ReasoningClijsters showed some excellent form last week getting good wins before Safina was too much. She looked overpowered in that match but I think Safina just played too good. Other than that, Clijsters was playing well. Azarenka top player but I think form is maybe not great, and Clijsters can take advatage of some suspect serving from Azarenka.

SportTennis
EventLleyton Hewitt v Benjamin Becker
SelectionLay Benjamin Becker (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.60 (Lay)
ReasoningDon't see many problems here for Hewitt. He showed excellent performance over Soderling and certainly seemed up for the battle this week. Conditions in Cincinatti should definately suit him being able to get that bit more pace. Becker form is average, he is average player not in the class of Hewitt. Night session match with probable good audience just another plus for Hewitt.

SportTennis
EventSerena Williams v Yaroslava Shvedova
SelectionYaroslava Shvedova +3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date19/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 3.40 (Back)
ReasoningNot so crazy I think for Shvedova to keep this close. What is happening with Venus/Serena? Both looking bad this summer and having some very bad losses. We know they only think about slams but usually results in smaller tournaments are better than this. I think it is very possible for Serena to lose this but in other matches she has won this summer also been close. Shvedova has come through qualifying and beat Hantuchova. Confidence should be up and she can keep this close.

SportTennis
EventRoger Federer v David Ferrer
SelectionDavid Ferrer +2.5 games
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 5.00 (Back)
ReasoningIt's hard to trust Federer in these events, especially after epic collapse last week against Tsonga. He has a lot of shock exits in hard court masters events and it isn't above Ferrer to get one. Ferrer has looked very good beating Wawrinka and Cilic and I think he can go close here. Small handicap, big chance!
SportTennis
EventGuillermo Garcia-Lopez v Julien Benneteau
SelectionGuillermo Garcia-Lopez -3.5 games
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 2.50 (Back)
ReasoningGarica-Lopez playing excellent tennis in the first 2 matches showing these courts really suit his game play. Benneteau OK, he come from qualifying and beat Melzer but Melzer maybe tired from very tough match the day before. For me Garcia-Lopez superior player and should win this match up easily.
SportTennis
EventNicolay Davydenko v Gilles Simon
SelectionGilles Simon
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 2.87 (Back)
ReasoningI'm still the guy believing in Simon, and I believe he will win this! OK win over Andreev where he looked to be playing well. I'm waiting for him to get back into groove and when he does big win will come! Davydenko very good player, but I'm thinking these conditions may help Simon a bit and he looks nice price.
SportTennis
EventLleyton Hewitt v Sam Querrey
SelectionSam Querrey
Strength10/10
Date20/08/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSportingbet @ 2.20 (Back)
ReasoningI like taking Querrey as outsider here. He is excellent form this summer and now has the big win over Roddick. He's a guy that needs confidence and should be really up now and put in good performance here. Hewitt good player showing reasonable form but this time I just want to be on side of Querrey.