Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June I really fancy MAIN AIM for the Queen Anne. They have coughed up 30k to supplement this horse and he has looked very impressive on both starts this season. Obviously this demands alot more but I don't think he will have trouble getting 8 furlongs and he looks the one for me at 9/2. Any opinions?

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June Decided to only look at the 1st 3 races tomorrow, the others just look impossible 2.30 I am going to swerve the Godolphin favourite for this race. I am mulling over the recent form of Main Aim who steps up yet again & also in trip this time. Stoute & Godolphin seem to have this race between them over the years sharing 7 of the last 10 winners of the race. Alexandros was unlucky last time in the Lockinge & perhaps would have won but for frankie losing the whip. Bth are backable at reasonable prices Alexandros 8/1 PP Main Aim 9/2 PP These are guaranteed prices also 3.05 KIngs stand stakes has been dominated over the last few years by Foreign trainers & i think the aussies could do this again with Scenic Blast who has followed a similar path to previous winner Takeover target. Secenic Blast 3/1 PP 3.45 Although Mastercraftsman is very short price, O'VBrien has won this 5 times in last 10 years & if Delegator is its nearest rival then it should be able to hold off that one based on previous. Delegators best run 2nd in the guineas should be respected & Spencer has now been jocked off. The Godolphin horse could be a big price placed as we dont know if it can handle this type of race or not. Mastercraftsman 5/6 PP

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 2:30 Royal Ascot: Gladiatorus 4pts win 5/2 Ladbrokes Can't argue with the form in Nad Al Sheba. He comfortably beat both Alexandros and Paco. And the form was franked when Presvis went on to win in Hong Kong. The wins came in good times and Saeed Bin Suroor has an excellent record in this race. 3:45 Royal Ascot: Delegator 2pts e/w 9/2 Paddy Power (Bog) The second to Sea The Stars looks even better now, and although rather got stuck in the mud at The Curragh - every chance that he can reverse that form here. Jimmy Fortune takes over in the saddle. 4:20 Royal Ascot: No Hubris 2pts e/w 11/2 William Hill (Bog) No Hubris ran well at York, and the horses he beat, Flying Statesman for one, who reopposes here, have gone on to win giving the form a very solid look to it. Paul Cole knows what it takes to win this race. 4:55 Royal Ascot: Woolfall Treasure 2pts e/w 12/1 Stan James These type of races often go to a duel purpose horse and a trainer who does well under both codes. Gary Moore fits the bill perfectly and son Ryan is in the plate. Won well at Salsbury and even has a low draw that can be significant in these long distance races. Only a four year old - so could be more improvement to come.

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June I'd be worried backing Galdiatorus the question that needs to be answered is why has Dettori swerved this horse in preference for Alexandros? I'm not impressed by Godolphin for all their wealth and training facilities they are so far behind Coolmore / O'Brien and I will be swerving them at all costs unless they suddenly start banging some winners in regularly! 2.30 - Main Aim @5.50 Paddypower *** Stoute, Godolphin & O'Brien have farmed this race for the last 10 years and with the lack of an O'Brien runner and the general poor form Godolphin have been in leaves me to follow Stoute in this race. Main Aim was disappointing last year and has really taken on a new lease of life this year! Stoute thinks quite a bit of this horse and he knows the time of day and regularly gets the best out of his horses in time. 3.05 - Amour Propre @4.50 William Hill **** I'm a stickler for stats and I simply can't get away from the fact that only 1 favourite has won this race in the last 10 years! Sure the Aussies have farmed this race recently however I believe that for once we have a real potential superstar sprinter on our shores! Amour Propre was so impressive last month beating a high class field in The Palace House at Newmarket. He requires good to fast ground because all his best performances have been on this type of ground although he did win on good to soft here in October last year in the Cornwallis. Amour Propre has vital experience here and has shown that he can lead or come from off the pace. By Paris House he is bred for speed and I think the Aussies have met their match in Amour Propre. 3.45 - Mastercraftsman @1.90 VC Bet ***** O'Brien has such a formidable record in this race having won the last 2 runnings and 5 times all told in the past 10 years. This renewal does not look as competitive as previous runnings and the form on offer does not give me any doubts to what the selection should be and that is the favourite - Mastercraftsman. He was beaten on his seasonal debut by Sea The Stars and Delegator however he proved that form with Delegator to be all wrong at the Curragh in the Irish 2,000. I am of the belief that O'Brien this year let his horses require their first outings and the stats for this season prove that they invariably improved leaps and bounds on their first run. I think he will be a very warm order tomorrrow when the bookies have carved the price up! 4.20 - Treadwell @34.00 EW William Hill * This race looks like one of the hardest on the card. Richard Hannon runs the favourite Canford Cliffs and for a yard that has the best ammunition at 2 year old sprinters for a long time now, it is disconcerting to see that Hannon has never won this race in the last 10 years! The best record for the race has to be O'Brien who has won it 5 times in the last 12 years. However O'Brien's horse Air Chief Marshall does not have the same profile as his previous winners and it is debatable whether it will appreciate the ground this fast. I think it's a tread very carefully plan in this race if you must have a bet and I like the look of an outsider in Jamie Osborne's Treadwell. Treadwell was slow away on it's one and only run over 5F at Sandown on similar ground and it came through and won going away in a decent time, looking like the step up in trip to 6F will be right up it's street. He is by the high class 2005 English 2,000 Guineas winner Footstepsinthesand who won 3 out of 3 races - 6F / 7F / 1M on varying types of ground. It interests me that Osborne sends him here for this race and I think it is an enormous price for a horse that is bred for potential and has already shown a great deal in it's one and only run. 4.55 - Always Bold @19.00 EW William Hill ** The past runnings of this race has produced horses with the calibre of running under both codes. 4 year olds have won 6 of the last 10 runnings and no horse has won with more than 9s-2lbs on it's back in the last 6 years. This leaves one horse who fits the profile of the stats and that is Always Bold who has been performing really well over hurdles having won it's last 2 races. It's last race was over 2m 4f (the same as todays race) on ground similar to today G/F at Uttoxeter where it was always prominent, led 3 out and soon careered away for an easy success by 8 lengths. How apt that the most famous Grand National winning stable, to win a race at Royal Ascot - it would be a very popular winner! 5.30 - The Hermitage @8.50 EW Bet365 *** Probably the hardest race on the card to make a confident selection about! The stats are all over the place for this race and the only one with a credible record in here is Mick Channon having won this race 2 times in the last 10 years. However the last time Channon won it was with the hotpot favourite in 2003! Dettori getting the leg up on a Mark Johnston horse in The Hermitage catches my eye. She gets the weight allowance for her sex and ran a blinder last time out finishing 2nd from a poor draw at Beverley in The Hilary Needler Listed Race over 5F on ground similar to today G/F. She looks set for a decent run. Good luck everyone, may this be a very profitable Royal Ascot for us all :ok

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 4.55 MISSOULA 20/1 e/w won this last year in a close finish and with a bit of luck in running can go well again probably trained for another crack at this so forget last run. Tough dual purpose horse. A Pipe horse was 2nd in this last year and if he gets the trip ROYAL NATIONALE 16/1 e/w will go very close for the stable. Good Luck All

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 455 Ascot - Kayf Aramis - 5pts ew @ 17/2 paddypower This was a much improved horse over the jumps last season and found himself well treated enough to enjoy success at the Cheltenham Festival in the Pertermps hurdle. If he can find a similar level of improvement on the flat then he should go very close here. He was impressive on his seasonal debut at York but his latest run proabbly came too soon after that. Has had a decent break since. 530 Ascot - The Hermitage - 5pts ew @ 8/1 stanjames A 2nd place behind Don't Tell Mary last time was a good effort, considering he was poorly drawn in stall 3 of 16 and that the winner is now favourite for the Queen Mary Stakes tomorrow. Highly rated by the stable and they have brought in Dettori to replace Fanning as the jockey.

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June GALIENT 4.55 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Nicky Henderson does well with the runners he has on the flat, and I think this fella likes the flat more than hurdling. Gets in off a mark of 87 and with the fast ground looking suitable for him, and the fact that they'll probably go off fast enough in the race itself, it will probably be won by a dour stayer. I think he can stay further than this trip today and so all in all would look the each way bet today.

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 2.30 Alexandros 8/1 bet3 bog 10 pts e.w Much of this race depends on the form of Gladiatorus who if replicating his last race should win this easy but there has to be a question as to quite how easy that will be. A new trainer now, new atmosphere and generally I don’t get great vibes, if the vibes were that good would Alexandros be even in this race? However one thing he should do is make this a right test and that could ask a question or two trip wise for the likes of Paco Boy, Main Aim, Arabian Gleam (probably not good enough anyway) and even Aqlaam. Cesare is 8 now but goes well fresh and at this course but an e.w option I like is Alexandros who I believe is an improved horse this year. Right at the back end last year he started to get a bit of form going and he translated and indeed improved on that in and Dubai and crucially out of it as well (unlike others.) He also showed a quicker surface was no problem out there. On his group 1 run behind the fav he has it to find when he finished well into third but as I say I’m not sure if the fav repeats thats effort in truth. Encouragingly he ran a cracker in the locking with some of these when an unlucky narrow loser. He seems a solid enough option for a place at least and could even win. 3.05 Fleeting Spirit 9/2 pp bog 15 pts This might just be the best chance to catch this filly, when she is fresh. Last year she was third in this when a short fav and the reason she was short was because after a good 2 yr old career, she blasted home in the temple stakes in an amazing manner, smashing the course record and making such a solid yardstick and later group 1 winner, borderlescott, look ordinary. After that here form wasn’t as good but she still came third in this last year when the yard was wrong and she may well have bounced after her sensational effort before. Today she comes her fresh and that could be just the right time to catch her. Drawn 1 and even though there is quite a bit of pace middle to high, I also do so some pace low notably below so should be fine on that line and clear chance. Mythical Flight 22/1 cor 7.5 pts e.w As an alternative a horse I have never seen live just on the odd video clip but one who of all the foreign raiders, could just be overlooked. Its hard to tell the form exactly but has won group 1s in SA and does have some form lines relating to form over here. Once just behind War Artist who ran with real credit here last year, also a horse in that race tides in with JJTJP who is fav later in the week for a group 1. The last two runs on an international stage have seen him show blinding pace over 6f and really not get home at all, yet still be far from disgraced. A drop back to 5f on that could well be just what is needed and could be one too lead the low numbers for a long way here. 3.45 Mastercraftsman 10/11 spo 20 pts I was really impressed with this one’s Ire guineas romp and I feel it could well follow up in a race likely to be set up for him. This one showed class at 2 as he won 2 group 1’s, once on really heavy but also once on quick ground and that is important here. That day he beat the subsequently disappointing Coventry winner but a group 1 performer of last year like Bushranger was also in the race so that form was solid and he looked top class that day and showed the ground was no problem. In the eng guineas he ran ok if not a bit lacklustre but clearly he just seems another O’Brien horse who needed his first run and shows great improvement from then and so he did. He routed his field in the ire guineas and whilst that heavy ground clearly suits which doesn’t surprise given his rounded action, he showed last year he could easily go on quick ground as well. The pace in the race will try and draw the sting out of chief rival Delegator who has to overcome a poor run lto admittedly in unfavourably conditions but its O’Brien no.1 for me in this. 4.20 Canford Cliffs 2/1 sj bog 15 pts Some could say a short price here given the unknown factor about a few of these but impressions count for a lot and to win a maiden and a fairly good one too in the manner this one did, says a fair bit about this. Clearly well thought of and thats significant for a yard with so many 2 yr olds, he was backed as if defeat was impossible lto and duly hacked on debut. He won by an easy 7 lengths on ground a bit softer than likely conditions tomorrow but he should still be fine. The interesting thing was the form was good enough, the second just beaten since and in here again, third winning since/running ok in listed race and even horse miles beaten that day, running ok since and sometimes with form lines into some of todays rivals and the distance of defeat in comparison always seems to stack up in this one’s favour. Connections also have gone this route and directed others elsewhere which could be significant. He looks a fine prospect and one that could go very close. No Hubris 6/1 spo 7.5 pts e.w As an alternative I think this one could run well. He too was impressive in his only win for a yard who’s 2 yr old’s warrant respect. In what can be a hot York maiden he won well having been well supported and looked another potential star of the future on thatwin. The form of that has seen the second win since and then a host of second by some of the rest, including O’Brien’s who reportedly was well thought of as well. Again there is the visual impression factor which was good and I can see this one running a fair race. 4.55 Always Bold 20/1 pp bog 7.5 pts e.w Would be a fascinating winner for a yard stepped in NH history but they have had flat winners before and this old Johnston horse could go well here. He was pretty solid on the flat for old connections before slightly losing his way a touch and being sent hurdling. The signs are he could be decent in that sphere and he seemingly has improved of late as he has upped trip. He has won his last two races so easily and shown a ton of stamina so the trip today should be absolutely fine for this thorough stayer. Ground will be fine and now in better form he could be dangerous if translating back to the flat. Gala Evening 28/1 sj bog 7.5 pts e.w This is what I said about this one lto,’ Very competitive but the inform Gala Evening can go well. This one has been running over hurdles and on the flat and been running well. Most of his flat form has been a.w based but he can clearly go on the turf. Lto on the flat he ran well in a race that concerns most of these, to be second and whilst he is 3 pounds higher today, he still seems capable enough to give a good account of himself. His hurdles form for what it is worth has been good lately and his draw could have been worse.’ As it was he could never quite get into the race at ches that time but still ran fairly and showed quicker ground is ok. Going back to his a.w run he clearly has the ability on the flat still and again could run quite well.

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June Hi guys my way of working out these big races when ive got time is putting them into +/- form analysis notebook system and this is my result for the first at Ascot today 2.30 1m(8f) Alexandros- Paco boy, dream eater, aqlaam all finished behind, form in dubai looks strong but gladiator has beaten him and so has paco over 7f. Maybe softer ground would help his case. Likely to track leaders effort likely from 1f out Aqlaam- Fast ground needed (todays should suit), has beaten dream eater, never won over 7f trip a concern but last time out over 8f soft ground may have been too much Likely to be held up in touch headway likely 2f out Arabian gleam- Recent win came on soft ground never won over 7f, trip again a concern, has previously beaten mac love and cesare Likely to track leaders/mid div effort 2/3f out Cesare- Shown little promising form back end of last year, didnt get trip last time out maybe spencers hold up tactics were wrong?? No run for 339 days worry but murtagh booked today interest Likely to hold up behind leaders effort from 1f out Dream eater- Can stay the trip on effort in apr behind paco boy but is 6lb worse of today so should have little chance on finishing in front of paco today little or no chance in my opinion Likely to be at rear but in touch effort likely on outside 2f out Gladiatororus- Only loss comes behind what looks to be this years Zarkava Scintillo obly by 1/2length which makes that form look solid after her run away victory at the weekend. Beaten paco and alex on similar terms, Ahmed riding and seems to get on with him Likely to lead soon on Mac love- Can get trip but wins at group 3 level outclassed today possibly, ground is on his side Likely to be in rear asked for effort 2f out Main aim- Up and coming stoute/moore horse, trip a concern never tried but stayed well in a 7f grp3 win recently runaway success maybe a cut in ground would help but has won on good/firm, this could just be a step to far? Likely to be held up effort likely 2f out Paco boy- Didnt get home last time maybe ground to blame still a worry, has beaten alex over 7f last year but this trip is more alex's than pacos. Trip is a big concern for me ground could also be on the fast side for him Likely to be held up effort 2f out My bets for the race: Gladiatorous- 4pt win (Bet not placed yet watching market) Alexandrous- 1pt win (8/1 hills BOG) 2pt place (watching market) Main aim- 1pt win (9/2 hills BOG) 1.5pt place (watching market may not place this one) Mac love- 0.5pt place (watching market)

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June Mac love certainly has a chance for place but my worry is he is a bit hit and miss he can run good in a class 1 one day and piss poor another day also getting on in the years and failed recently in grp2 races but has previously been placed in grp1 way back in 2005 so hitting anyform like that again should go well, is also one of only a few that are sure to get the trip in my opinion!

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June I'm going to put a small each way bet on George Baker just because of the team there, absolutely brilliant stuff! :clap :lol Right here are my selections for today, no analysis since I have an exam to go to: 2.30 - Main Aim 3.05 - Scenic Blast (Win) & Spin Cycle (Each Way) 3.45 - Delegator 4.20 - No Hubris 5.30 - Like I said earlier George Baker each way Also going to do £5 each way double on Delegator and No Hubris, how does that sound?

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 2.30 QUEEN ANNE STAKES (CLASS 1) (GROUP 1) (4-Y-O+) - 1m 1. ALEXANDROS (4 ch c Kingmambo - Arlette) Form: 3-11372 Trainer: Saeed Bin Suroor Owner: Godolphin Jockey: Frankie Dettori Had disappointed for most of last season after a good juvenile campaign in France for Andre Fabre - win in a Bath conditions race his season highlight - but seems to have been reinvigorated by a sojourn in Dubai this winter. He won a couple of 8/9f handicaps at Nad Al Sheba, both in convincing fashion; never involved when third behind Gladiatorus in the Dubai Duty Free, the winner stealing a march and maintaining the gallop. He was never involved in the Champions Mile at Sha Tin next time, but ran a career best when narrowly losing out in a three way go to the line with eventual winner Virtual and also Twice Over in the Group 1 Lockinge Stakes at Newbury (rider dropped whip). It was notable he turned in such a good effort as most of the yard's horses have looked a shadow of their former selves after a winter in Dubai; Frankie Dettori rides and a reproduction of that Lockinge effort would see him go well and, although pretty exposed now, is in the form of his life; goes on any ground. 2. AQLAAM (4 b c Oasis Dream - Bourbonella) Form: 3/11-0 Trainer: William Haggas Owner: Hamdan Al Maktoum Jockey: Richard Hills Always highly regarded and won a 7f maiden at Newbury on his reappearance run last season; stepped up that to then win the Group 3 Jersey Stakes at this meeting 12 months ago, running green but showing a good turn of foot to see off Il Waard by 2 lengths. Injury sidelined him for the remainder of the year and news of modest work ahead of his return run in the Lockinge at Newbury last month hardly boded well for his prospects. His response was minimal when asked for his effort as the tempo increased, weakening to eventually beating just one home. He is, of course, entitled to come on for that run, and will also appreciate the quicker ground, but still has stamina to prove and would liked to have seen more on his reappearance run. 3. ARABIAN GLEAM (5 b h Kyllachy - Gleam Of Light) Form: 58641-3 Trainer: Jeremy Noseda Owner: Saeed Suhail Jockey: Seb Sanders A consistent performer without being quite good enough at this level, winning back-to-back Group 2 Park Stakes (7f) at Doncaster, those two wins remaining his only victories outside of his maiden win at three. He would have finished closer than eighth in this last season when he was one of the main sufferers in a messy race; made a satisfactory reappearance when third in the a 7f Group 3 at Haydock behind Main Aim last month, staying on. He is a useful sort but previous evidence suggests he will once again fall short at this level and likely to be tapped-for-toe once again when the pace quickens, just as he was last year. 4. CESARE (8 b g Machiavelian - Tromond) Form: 0/1443- Trainer: James Fanshawe Owner: Cheveley Park Stud Jockey: Johnny Murtagh Has been the yard's flag bearer for the past few seasons, doing nothing but improve since landing the Hunt Cup over course and distance in 2005. He has shown a particular liking for the track, making a winning reappearance in the same Listed Race the past two seasons, last year's victory particularly impressive when never having to come off the bridle. He wasn't helped by the scrimmaging when fourth in the Lockinge, faring even worse in this race 12 months ago when one of the chief sufferers when continuously blocked when looking for room to challenge, eventually finishing full of running in fourth. Few excuses when a lacklustre third behind Archipenko in a Group 2 over course and distance next time; does go well fresh and clearly loves this course, but yard in dismal form (just three individual winners all year) and couldn't be backed with any confidence. 5. DREAM EATER (4 gr c Night Shift - Kapria) Form: /53-229 Trainer: Andrew Balding Owner: Jeff Smith Jockey: Franny Norton He enjoyed a rewarding juvenile career when winning a valuable sales race at Doncaster after banging his head against a brick wall in Group company, that despite being a maiden. He ran with real credit when fifth behind Henrythenavigator in the 2000 Guineas before finishing a good third in last year's Jersey Stakes here, running on all the way to the line; suffered an injury and wasn't seen again until this spring when running second behind Plum Pudding in a conditions event at Warwick, coming with a strong challenge before veering left and costing himself any chance of victory. He didn't enjoy the clearest of passages when runner up behind Paco Boy in the Group 2 Sandown Mile at the Surrey venue; slow ground against him last time when trailing home in ninth behind Virtual in the Lockinge Stakes at Newbury. This quicker ground sure to suit better, but not straightforward and still yet to register a win at Group level, let alone at the top level so clearly has his limitations. 6. GLADIATORUS (4 b c Silic - Gmaasha) Form: 112/111 Trainer: Saeed Bin Suroor Owner: Godolphin Jockey: Ahmed Ajtebi Returned from a season-long absence (high class juvenile in Italy in 2007) to take this year's Dubai Carnival by storm, each time defying the opinion that he was simply nicking races from the front. After his comeback win in a handicap, which he made virtually all and stayed on well, stepped up and pulled off similar tactics to a nicety when landing the Group 2 Al Fahidi Fort, scoring by an impressive 5¾ lengths. He again made all when producing easily his career best performance when showing some world class performers a clean pair of heels to land the Dubai Duty Free from the front; set a generous pace but kept up the gallop in magnificent fashion to stay on and keep Presvis at bay by 3¼ lengths. That form working out exceptionally well, and it was also exceptional the way he virtually sprinted for a mile at that level, staying on when asked to quicken after setting a decent pace. The main worry here is that front running tactics over a straight mile under UK conditions may prove a little tougher to pull off; yard's older horses have all been needing their first run, which is another concern, but this looks a weak Group 1 and, with the form book suggesting he's the best horse in the race, is entitled to plenty of respect. 7. MAC LOVE (8 b g Cape Cross - My Lass) Form: 0210-41 Trainer: Stef Liddiard Owner: Vimal Khosla Jockey: Micky Fenton He has been a good servant to various trainers over the years, most recent Stef Liddiard who has got him right back to his best, narrowly missing out on a Listed contest over 1m at Goodwood on his reappearance in a bunch finish. However, just six days later, he displayed an impressive turn of foot to scythe down his rivals and land the Group 3 Diomed Stakes at Epsom. However, it is hard to see him repeating the feat in this significantly stronger race and is likely to come up short here. 8. MAIN AIM (4 b c Oasis Dream - Orford Ness) Form: 3108-11 Trainer: Sir Michael Stoute Owner: Khalid Abdulla Jockey: Ryan Moore Late starter who looked enjoyed early success last season when winning on his debut before landing a handicap on his second outing; won a decent 6f handicap at Doncaster, beating older horses in the process, but didn't really go on when upped to Listed/Group 3 company thereafter over 5/6f. However, made a stunning reappearance when storming clear to score by 7 lengths in a 6f handicap at Newbury on Lockinge day and followed up with another clear cut success in a Group 3 at Haydock last time, again powering clear from his rivals to score with plenty in hand. Clearly a horse on the up, and the yard's record in this is pretty good, but does have to prove his stamina over this trip; also his first crack at the top level, though this isn't the best Group 1 you'll ever see. He has been supplemented for this, a wise move considering it's a weak contest, rather than going for the Golden Jubilee but enough doubts regarding stamina and whether he'll be good enough to take him on at his current odds. 9. PACO BOY (4 b c Desert Style - Tappen Zee) Form: 13d1-814 Trainer: Richard Hannon Owner: The Calvera Partnership No 2 Jockey: Richard Hughes Has proved a real bargin at just 30,000gns, winning the Greenham Stakes last April and progressing from there; found trouble in running when a staying on seventh behind Falco in the French 2000 Guineas and returned to winning ways when winning the >Betfair Cup at Glorious Goodwood by a neck from Stimulation. He was mightily impressive when landing the Hungerford Stakes at Newbury by 4½ lengths from Al Qasi, quickening clear in an instant to put a seal on matters. He finished third in the Prix Moulin but was disqualified after a banned substance was found to be present in his system; followed that run with a convincing success in the Group 1 Prix de la Foret at Longchamp, clearing away to score by 3 lengths from 1000 Guineas Natagora. He made his reappearance in the Dubai Duty Free when finishing a well-held eighth behind Gladiatorus, never able to get involved from his poor draw; dispelled stamina fears when landing the Sandown Mile, travelling and quickening well to see off Dream Eater by three quarters of a length. He was a warm order for the Lockinge Stakes last time, but the testing conditions were expected to test his stamina to its limit; came with what appeared to be a winning run before flattening out in the closing stages and finishing a weakening fourth. However, it soon came to light that he'd sustained a foot injury and it was noticeable that he did hang left in the closing stages; worth another chance to show he gets a mile, particularly now the quicker conditions prevail and looks sure to go well in what looks a winnable Group 1 contest. VERDICT: A tough race to get a handle on with stamina concerns and also concerns over the form of certain yards. Gladiatorus looked a special horse when making all and then quickening again to land the Dubai Duty Free over in Dubai, but now faces very different racing conditions, such as not racing around a bend, and the form of Godolphin's older horses when making their reappearance's has to be of some concern. Stablemate Alexandros, the mount of Frankie Dettori, went down by only a neck in the Lockinge, his rider dropping his whip at a crucial stage, but it would be no surprise if the PACO BOY, fourth that day, can reverse the form now encountering quicker conditions over this trip. He has an electric turn of foot, though unable to use to its fullest effect in the slow ground at Newbury, also returning with hoof infection afterwards, and should be able to see out the trip more effectively on quicker ground. Cesare always goes well over this course and distance, his record fresh also impressive, but disappointed when last seen and this is his first run in 11 months; yard from also a major worry. Main Aim is not one to discount lightly, seemingly improving with every run, but this his first attempt over this trip and at this level, though connections obviously confident enough, supplementing him at a cost of £30,000, rather than waiting for the Golden Jubilee on Saturday. Selection: Paco Boy Alternative: Alexandros

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 3.05 KING'S STAND STAKES (CLASS 1) (GROUP 1) (3-Y-O+) - 5f 1. BORDERLESCOTT (7 b g Compton Place - Jeewan) Form: 3131-32 Trainer: Robin Bastiman Owner: James Edgar & William Donaldson Has been an absolute revelation for his small time yard, progressing from handicaps to top grade sprints within a year. He had a string of agonizing defeats following his win in the 2006 Stewards' Cup, including in the same race 12 months later and also in small field conditions events and also Listed contests. However, he certainly put his best foot forward when showing a good turn of foot to land the re-arranged Group 1 Nunthorpe Stakes at Newmarket (July); showed that to be no fluke when third behind Marchand D'Or in the Prix de l'Abbaye next time, staying on well in the closing stages. Ended last season with victory in a Listed contest at Dundalk. Started this campaign with a couple of placed efforts in the Temple Stakes at Newmarket and the Palace House Stakes at Newmarket, unable to repel the challenge of Look Busy close home. His trainer has stated that he reaches his peak in the summer, so should be coming to himself now, but likely to be playing for places at best. 2. CANONBALL (4 b/br g Catienus - No Deadline) Form: 183-422 Trainer: Wesley Ward Owner: Kenneth L & Sarah K Ramsey Jockey: John Velazquez American challenger who isn't one of the US's top class sprinters; has gone close in a couple of Grade 3 events last season at Keenland and Churchill Downs. He doesn't have a good wins to runs ratio, looking short of top class and unlikely to be good enough here. 3. CAPTAIN GERRARD (4 b c Oasis Dream - Delphinus) Form: 400-070 Trainer: Bryan Smart Owner: Reg Bond Jockey: Tom Eaves High class juvenile, winning the Group 3 Cornwallis Stakes over course and distance on his final start of 2007; started last season spectacularly when showing blistering speed to make all and win the Group 3 Temple Stakes at Newmarket, beating subsequent July Cup winner Sakhee's Secret. His form dropped away rapidly thereafter, and has shown little again this time around, including in headgear last time at Haydock. He may well attempt to make all once more but sure to prove easy pickings given his current form. 4. DANDY MAN (6 b h Mozart - Lady Alexander) Form: 4370-99 Trainer: Saeed Bin Suroor Owner: Godolphin Jockey: Frankie Dettori He was a useful sprinter for Tracey Collins at the start of his career, winning the Group 3 Palace House Stakes on his reappearance as a three-year old before finishing fourth in this race behind crack Aussie sprinter Takeover Target, poorly drawn and leading home the far side. He again enjoyed a successful campaign the following season, improving to finish second behind another top class Australian sprinter, Miss Andretti, running on well at the finish; continued to be there or thereabouts in all the top sprints, prompting Godolphin to purchase him in a private sale at the end of 2007. However, he has failed to reproduced his best form since joining current connections, though his best effort them came in this race last season when fourth behind Equiano; form not improved a great deal in the interim and likely to struggle once more unless a return to this course and distance conjures up a vastly improved effort (no improvement when blinkered latest at Haydock). 5. EQUIANO (4 b c Acclamation - Entente Cordiale) Form: 149-209 Trainer: Barry Hills Owner: James Acheson Jockey: Michael Hills He caused a 25/1 shock in this 12 months ago when allowed to dictate matters and see off Takeover Target, scoring by half a length, finding plenty for pressure. He soon joined his current yard from Spanish handler Mauricio Delcher Sanchez, but could only manage fourth behind Borderlescott in the Nunthorpe Stakes on his next start, staying on well up the hill having become outpaced as the tempo increased. He didn't show a great deal when a little worse than midfield in the Prix de l'Abbaye; began this season with a second placing behind Tax Free in the Listed Abernant Stakes over 6f at Newmarket, but has disappointed the last twice, including when beating a long way out in the Prix du Gros-Chene, finishing last. Blinkers now tried and, in his current form, it's very hard to envisage a repeat performance of last year's heroics. 6. HOH HOH HOH (7 ch g Piccolo - Nesting) Form: 0-80123 Trainer: Roger Price Owner: Multi Lines 2 Jockey: Robert Winston A useful operator at handicap level in the main who doesn't win as often as he should, usually finding one too good or getting going too late in his races; put two disappointing efforts behind him when landing a conditions event at Nottingham from Pawan and then put in a career best effort when chasing home Amour Propre in the Palace House Stakes at Newmarket next time, staying on powerfully to take second from Borderlescott in the closing stages. However, he was put firmly in his place last time when third behind Ialysos at Haydock and will do well to get as close to Amour Propre and confirm form with Borderlescott from Newmarket. 7. MYTHICAL FLIGHT (6 ch g Jet Master - Mythical Bird) Form: 23/27-6 Trainer: Sean Tarry Owner: Chris Van Niekirk Jockey: Kevin Shea South African raider who is one of his country's leading sprinters and racked up a whole string of successes, including a couple of victories at the top level in 2007. He disappointed in his first run on the international stage when only seventh in the Hong Kong Sprint at Sha Tin; fared a lot better on his reappearance when sixth in a Group 1 at Kranji in April, attempting to make all before fitness probably gave out in the closing stages. This quick ground over 5f should suit ideally, and though he has still yet to conclusively prove he's up to this level outside his native South Africa, everything looks set for a big run. 8. SCENIC BLAST (5 b/br h Scenic - Daughter's Charm) Form: 10-2151 Trainer: Daniel Morton Owner: Elio Anthony Galante & Partners Jockey: Steven Arnold He looks to be another top class sprinter from Australia looking follow in the footsteps of fellow compatriots Choisir, Takeover Target and Miss Andretti. He has improved no end this year, causing something of an upset when running on strongly and showing good speed to land the Coolmore Lightning Stakes at Flemington from Typhoon Zed in a race the well fancied Weekend Hussler disappointed, finishing back in fourth. He found plenty of trouble in running when a well fancied favourite for the Oakleigh Plate at Caulfield back over 6f, being badly hampered at halfway, having to be angled out and losing valuable momentum before staying on steadily throughout the final furlong. However, he bounced back from that disappointment to cement his place as Australia's top racehorse when picking up in scintillating fashion to land the Crown Newmarket Handicap, a Grade 1, at Flemington in March. He is clearly a sprinter with prospects of dominating the world scene, or at least dominate at this meeting, just as a few other Aussie sprinters have done before him; he is another Australian speedster who meets with little resistance from the home sprinters and could be hard to beat, his electric turn of foot his main asset. He has yet to prove 5f is his best trip, this stiff track should suit him ideally and, with room for further improvement, his late burst could be hard to repel, especially if they go quick early on. 9. TAX FREE (7 b g Tagula - Grandel) Form: 411-131 Trainer: Dandy Nicholls Owner: Ian Hewitson Jockey: Adrian Nicholls This gelding has been a model of consistency throughout his career for connections, progressing from handicaps to Group company with ease, as so many of the yard's sprinters eventually do. He rose to prominence as a force to be reckoned with in 2007 when winning the Group 3 Palace House at Newmarket from Peace Offering, then following up with victory in a Listed contest at Naas from Dandy Man. However, his progress was brought to an abrupt halt when finishing midfield behind Miss Andretti in this very race; resumed progress back at a lower level soon after, managing to win a Listed contest at Longchamp. He took a few runs to warm up last season before finishing fourth in the Temple Stakes behind Fleeting Spirit, following that promising effort with a couple of victories in a Listed Race at Naas and then a Group 3 contest at the Curragh. He wasn't seen again until this April, when he took up the lead some way out before holding off all comers to land the Listed Abernant Stakes at Newmarket from Equiano; ran a respectable race in the Group 2 Duke Of York Stakes at York before bravely battling back when looking beaten last time to land a French Group 3 at Chantilly over 5f. He is clearly in great heart at present, but the concern is that both efforts in this race haven't gone so well (15th in 2006 and 11th in 2007) and isn't getting any younger; probably just a shade below top class and likely to come up short once again. 10. WI DUD (5 b h Elnadim - Hopesay) Form: 0-34337 Trainer: Kevin Ryan Owner: J Duddy, L Duddy, P McBride, Mrs J Ryan Jockey: Alan Munro He was a speedy, precocious juvenile who placed in the Gimcrack and Middle Park Stakes either side of winning the Group 2 Flying Childers Stakes. However, hasn't ever recaptured that level of form since, failing to win since those juvenile days. He has run the odd creditable race, most recently when third behind Look Busy in the Temple Stakes. However, a seventh placing in the Epsom Dash on Derby day underlined his limitations and hard to see him playing a major part here. 11. FLEETING SPIRIT (4 b f Invincible Spirit - Millennium Tale) Form: 2/1354- Trainer: Jeremy Noseda Owner: The Searchers Jockey: Ryan Moore One of the top class sprint fillies to have graced the track in recent seasons, showing she wasn't just a flash in the pan when holding her form well last season. She had shown incredible speed to see of Kingsgate Native when winning the Group 3 Molecomb Stakes at Glorious Goodwood before chasing home Nahoodh in the Lowther Stakes at York next time, her first attempt over 6f and that didn't really play to her strengths. She again showed very good speed to land the Group 2 Flying Childers Stakes before running a highly creditable second to Natagora on her final outing in the Cheveley Park Stakes. The Invincible Spirit filly couldn't have been more impressive on her reappearance when breaking the track record to land the Group 2 Temple Stakes at Haydock, showing searing and pace and a wicked turn of foot to readily see of some smart older horses by 2 lengths, winning with plenty in hand. She disappointed slightly when third in this last season, sticking to the far side whilst all the action unfolded on the near side with Equiano eventually prevailing; never in contention when an all the time staying on fifth behind Marchand D'Or in the Abbaye at Longchamp after being tapped-for-toe. Her season ended with a fourth placing in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint, at Santa Anita, probably not staying the 6½f trip; has won on her reappearance both seasons to race, but this obviously not the ideal race to be making your seasonal reappearance. Her tendency to get outpaced another negative against her, but on her day she's a match for most and easy to see her running into a place late on. 12. AMOUR PROPRE (3 ch c Paris House - Miss Prim) Form: 7111-1 Trainer: Henry Candy Owner: Simon Broke And Partners It's incredible to think this colt fetched just £1,500 at the sales, though looked something out of the ordinary when breaking the track record in landing a 5f maiden at Warwick from the useful Deposer; followed up with a convincing victory over Lucky Leigh in a conditions event next time, making all and quickening well. He was reportedly unsuited by the going when going for the Cornwallis Stakes at Ascot next time out, his trainer even contemplating withdrawing; a good thing he didn't as he again showed good speed throughout before accelerating and getting the better of Waffle by a neck, again always remaining prominent throughout. Not a huge amount was expected of him on his reappearance in the Palace House Stakes at Newmarket last month, but he again displayed that impressive turn of foot to leave some very smart performers trailing in his wake and he sprinted clear to score by an ever increasing 2½ lengths from Hoh Hoh Hoh. His trainer has shown in the past he can handle a top notch sprinter to good effect, most notably in recent times with Airwave and Kyllachy; this is another step up but thoroughly deserves a shot at top company. The one worry is if he gets involved in an early dual for the lead, thus setting it up for a late challenger, such as Scenic Blast; has shown he can handle the track at least and gets a handy weight-for-age allowance of 6lbs, but Palace House winners have a poor record in this race; favourably drawn for a prominent racer. 13. RIEVAULX WORLD (3 b c Compton Place - Adhaaba) Form: 114-652 Trainer: Kevin Ryan Owner: Rievaulx Racing Syndicate Jockey: Neil Callan He was a precocious sort last term who blitzed his rivals in a couple of contests at Ripon and Redcar; again showed tremendous early dash before fading close home when fourth behind Finjaan in the Molecomb Stakes at Glorious Goodwood. He wasn't seen again until this April when finishing last of six behind Hoh Hoh Hoh in a conditions event at Nottingham but lasted quite a long way before fading close home to take fifth behind Amour Propre in the Palace House Stakes at Newmarket. He again went out all guns blazing in a modest Listed Race at York last month but was unable to hold off Angelzarke's challenge going down by a length; likely to set this up for a hold up performer and doubtful whether he can last long enough to still be in contention for a place in the final furlong even. 14. SPIN CYCLE (3 b c Exceed And Excel - Spinamix) Form: 12500-1 Trainer: Bryan Smart Owner: H E Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Jockey: Richard Mullen He is another who came to hand early last season, winning a decent conditions event at Musselburgh which set him up for a crack at the Norfolk Stakes at this meeting; found only South Central too good for him in that, picking up really well inside the final furlong and only just failing by a neck to overhaul the leader. He didn't really seem himself when hanging and losing his action when well fancied in the Molecomb Stakes next time, finishing fifth behind Finjaan; his final two efforts were very poor to say the least, though he was, perhaps, unsuited by the slower conditions. He made a promising return to action this season when showing a good turn of foot to run and score in a conditions event at Musselburgh against older horses; this requires a huge amount of improvement, though, and unlikely to be good enough, although quicker ground would be in his favour. 15. ANGELZARKE (3 br f Acclamation - Welsh Mist) Form: 6254-12 Trainer: Tim Easterby Owner: David Armstrong Jockey: David Allan She was useful enough as a juvenile - placing in the Group 2 Flying Childers Stakes behind Madame Trop Vite and fourth behind Amour Propre in the Cornwallis Stakes here; made a winning return to action in a poorly contested Listed Race at York over 5f last month, staying on well to overhaul Riveaulx World. However, she built upon that when running a career best to finish second behind Ialysos in the Listed Achilles Stakes at York last time; this tougher, however, and likely to find this beyond her, despite her apparent rapid improvement this season. VERDICT: The sprinting division has been devoid of any UK talent for a while now. Amour Propre has looked out of the ordinary so far, winning here last autumn in game fashion before showing a dazzling turn of foot to readily dispose of some useful opposition in the Palace House Stakes. However, he may well get caught up in a dual for the lead, though alternatively it could give him a nice tow into the race; either way, he is a major contender here. However, SCENIC BLAST (NB)has looked something else this season in his native Australia, winning last time from a mile back and, with a strong pace guaranteed and this straight track sure to suit , he is more than likely going to make it four wins in this race for the Aussie's since 2003 with his now customary strong turn of foot likely to prove the deciding factor. Fleeting Spirit, if fully tuned up, is still a force to be reckoned with despite some below par display last autumn, it also notable that she seems best when fresh. Of the rest, South African raider Mythical Flight looks interesting now he has had a run and also drops back to the minimum trip on quick ground, while Borderlescott should run his usual honest race and may sneak a place. Selection: Scenic Blast Alternative: Amour Propre

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 3.45 ST JAMES'S PALACE STAKES (CLASS 1) (GROUP 1) (3-Y-O COLTS) - 1m 1. BORN TO BE KING (b c Kingmambo - Quarter Moon) Form: 821-306 Trainer: Aidan O'Brien Owner: Mrs John Magnier & Mrs Richard Henry Jockey: Colm O'Donoghue Well-bred colt who won a 7f maiden at Gowran Park last season on his third outing, but who has been readily exposed at Group/Listed level so far this season, and hard to see him playing much of a part here. He acted as a pacemaker for Westphalia in the French 2000 Guineas and likely going to fulfil the same duties here for Mastercraftsman. 2. DELEGATOR (b c Dansili - Indian Love Bird) Form: 215-128 Trainer: Brian Meehan Owner: Poilin Good Jockey: Jimmy Fortune This colt looked a smart individual from the outset, showing a good turn of pace to land his maiden at Newmarket (July) following a promising debut there a couple of weeks earlier before running green and being collared after going clear. He then missed a few weeks thereafter with a minor problem and was thrown in at the deep end for his final start of the season in the Group 1 Dewhurst Stakes here in which he finished a highly creditable fifth in despite looking green when asked for his final effort, though was far behind battle hardened sorts such as Intense Focus, Lord Shanakill, Finjaan and Shaweel. His reappearance run came in the Craven Stakes at Newmarket in April when he simply streaked clear after being held up from off the pace, again displaying an impressive turn of foot to win going away. He was backed into favouritism for the 2000 Guineas the following month, again travelling strongly and showing that impressive turn of foot to take up the running approaching the final furlong, only to find Sea The Stars charging at him and eventually proving too strong for him. Time has shown there was no disgrace in that defeat, the winner since winning the Derby, but it's quite clear he didn't act in the testing conditions when fading throughout the final furlong to finish a well-held seventh behind Masterofthecraftsman, clearly unable to use his dazzling turn of foot to its fullest extent. Now that he is returned to a sounder surface, there has to be every chance he will reverse the form with Mastercraftsman, his turn of foot likely to win out against Mastercraftsman's tenacity; remains a top class prospect and can atone for his 2000 Guineas defeat with victory here. 3. EVASIVE (ch c Elusive Quality - Canda) Form: 311-6 Trainer: Sir Michael Stoute Owner: Cheveley Park Stud Jockey: Ryan Moore A well bred colt who went into his debut run at Kempton last September with a big home reputation to uphold, but, like many debutantes from the yard last season, looked in need of his first run, being pushed along halfway but steadily making up ground inside the final furlong to finish third behind the useful Mafaaz. He certainly stepped up on that when next seen to land a decent looking 7f maiden at Newmarket, pulling clear in the closing stages to score by 2¼ lengths from the useful pair Makaamen and Infiraad. His start came in the Group 3 Horris Hill Stakes at Newbury, though the testing conditions that day were not expected to suit this son of Elusive Quality, but he never looked in any real danger taking up the running at the halfway and gradually pulling well clear before understandably tying up close home, holding on by half a length from the running on Bonnie Charlie. It was impressive the way he quickened on through testing conditions to put a seal on matters, albeit tiring in the closing stages; his work was said to have been less than impressive throughout the spring and that he has also had a few niggling problems in the lead up to the 2000 Guineas, which forced him to miss his intended trial race. However, he acquitted himself well in the Guineas, surprisingly having plenty use made of him despite fitness and stamina doubts, though looked set to perhaps hold on for a place before being squeezed out and eventually weakening to finish sixth. He should strip a lot fitter for that outing and the quicker ground he'll encounter here is likely to suit; sure to have improved since Newmarket and entitled to get a lot closer to Delegator and Mastercraftsman. 4. INTENSE FOCUS (b c Giant's Causeway - Daneleta) Form: 56331-2 Trainer: Jim Bolger Owner: Mrs Jackie Bolger Jockey: Kevin Manning This colt was a precocious sort last season, going into the Coventry Stakes at this meeting 12 months ago with a couple of outings behind him already; found Art Connoisseur far good for him on that occasion and regularly came up short in top company thereafter. After finishing third behind Naaqoos in France, he somehow managed to find the improvement to land the Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket, gamely outbattling Lord Shanakill and Finjaan in a three way dual to the line, though that also suggested it wasn't the strongest of renewals. He made his reappearance back in April when contesting a 2000 Guineas trial at Leopardstown when finding Recharge far too good for him, having to settle for second; not been seen since, somewhat worryingly, and it is also debatable just how much improvement he has left in him. 5. LORD SHANAKILL (b/br c Speightstown - Green Room) Form: 23512-0 Trainer: Karl Burke Owner: Mogeely Stud & Mark Gittens Jockey: Jim Crowley A model of consistency last season, holding his high class early season form all the way through to the end of the season. After winning his maiden at York in impressive fashion he ran a creditable race in defeat when finishing third in the Coventry Stakes behind Art Connoisseur; followed that with a good second to Orizaba in the Vintage Stakes at Glorious Goodwood on his first try at 7f, staying on all the way to the line. He found the step back to 5f too sharp for him when staying on late to take fifth behind Madame Trop Vite in the Group 2 Flying Childers Stakes at Doncaster, that run following on from his third behind Bushranger in the Prix Morny over in Deauville, his first attempt at the top level. His consistency was finally rewarded when winning the Group 2 Mill Reef Stakes at Newbury, staying on well for pressure to lead inside the final furlong and he held Gallagher at bay by half a length, though it was by no means a strong renewal. He went agonisingly close on his final start in the Dewhurst Stakes here when losing out by a nose to Intense Focus in a driving finish, resulting in a three way photo between himself, Intense Focus and Finjaan, again staying on all the way to the line. However, there were always going to be stamina doubts heading into the 2000 Guineas and it appeared they were well founded when his response was minimal; trainer has since said he was wrong to run him but still has is it all to prove. 6. MASTERCRAFTSMAN (b c Danehill Dancer - Starlight Dreams) Form: 1114-51 Trainer: Aidan O'Brien Owner: Derrick Smith, Mrs John Magnier & Michael Tabor Jockey: Johnny Murtagh He proved himself to be a smart sort when winning the Group 1 Phoenix Stakes last season, when readily accounting for the disappointing Art Connoisseur by 4½ lengths. That impressive victory had been preceded by another victory, though he had to fight all the way to the line that day to hold off Albahan by a short head. He again had to show his mettle when out battling Shaweel in testing conditions to land the Group 1 National Stakes, his first attempt over 7f, being made to fight all the way to the line by Mark Johnston’s gutsy son of Dansili. However, that monumental effort seemed to have hollowed him out when next appearing in the Prix Jean-Luc Lagadere, finishing a well held fourth behind Naaqoos. He was slowly away but soon up with the pace, but he was soon being cajoled along as they turned in to hold his position, but with over a furlong to go the response was minimal and he gradually dropped out of contention. It could be claimed as disappointing because of the fact he’d so bravely handled testing conditions on his previous run in the National Stakes; that, however, was only three weeks previous to the race in France, so it’s feasible that such a hard race in those conditions may well bottomed him out and he simply came to the end of his tether. He was reportedly in need of the run when making his seasonal reappearance in the 2000 Guineas, finishing fifth and running a good enough race and didn't really seem at home on the track, staying on once out of the dip. He reversed the form with Delegator back in his native Ireland for the Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh on vastly differing ground, seemingly relishing the conditions as he ploughed through the soft ground to score a commanding 6 lengths from Rayeni. He is clearly a smart colt, but seems to be at his very best when there is plenty of cut; could be outdone for a turn of foot by the likes of Delegator and Evasive and looks a very short price considering that. 7. ORIZABA (b c Orpen - Jus' Chillin') Form: 1514-3 Trainer: Saeed Bin Suroor Owner: Godolphin Jockey: Frankie Dettori This colt burst on to the scene with a magnificent 9 length victory in a 6f maiden at Newbury on his debut and looked unlucky when finishing fifth in the Coventry Stakes here on his next outing, rearing up at the start and forfeiting valuable ground, never really being able to get himself involved at any stage. He showed that to be all wrong when staying on well to land the Group 2 Vintage Stakes at Glorious Goodwood, winning by 1¼ lengths from Lord Shanakill; disappointing slightly when well fancied for the Royal Lodge Stakes here next time outing, managing only the one pace to finish fourth on his first attempt over a mile. He moved from Mick Channon's yard soon afterwards to join current connections, for whom he made just an average start when third in a French Group 3; much more needed now, though yard's three-year olds have been improving for their seasonal debuts, but still a lot of improvement required to see him take a hand at the finish here. 8. PURE POETRY (b c Tagula - Express Logic) Form: 10-1372 Trainer: Richard Hannon Owner: Julie Wood Jockey: Richard Hughes He wasn't anything particularly special at two, winning his maiden over 6f at Haydock and also winning a 6f conditions event at Newmarket (July) last summer, both victories coming on quick ground. Ended his juvenile campaign with a below par effort in a valuable sales race at Doncaster but started this season with victory in the Listed Easter Stakes at Kempton, his first attempt at 1m, scoring by a head from Shampagne, though the form doesn't look anything special with the runner up fully exposed and those in behind not looking anything out of the ordinary. Managed to finish third behind Delegator in the Craven Stakes a few days later, being beaten a total of only 3½ lengths; ran a perfectly respectable race when seventh in the 2000 Guineas back at Newmarket, but fact he was beaten in a Listed Race at Goodwood last time just underlines how much improvement is needed to figure here. 9 .SET SAIL (ch c Danehill Dancer - Ahdaab) Form: 6184-40 Trainer: Aidan O'Brien Owner: Derrick Smith, Mrs John Magnier & Michael Tabor Jockey: Seamie Heffernan Winner of a Gowran Park maiden on his second start before finishing a well-held eighth behind Orizaba in the Vintage Stakes at Glorious Goodwood next time; improved slightly next time when fourth in what now looks a sub-standard renewal of the Group 1 Racing Post Trophy at Doncaster. He finished midfield behind subsequent French 2000 Guineas winner Silver Frost on his reappearance in the Prix Fontainebleu but weakened rapidly to beat just a couple home in the race itself next time after riding close to the pace; could well be here again in a pacemaking capacity. 10. SOUL CITY (b c Elusive City - Savage) Form: 41110-3 Trainer: Richard Hannon Owner: Patrick Fahey Jockey: Richard Hughes Useful colt who improved with every run last season, starting off by winning the Strutt & Parker Maiden Stakes at Newmarket (July); following his fourth in the Group 2 Vintage Stakes at Glorious Goodwood, racked a up a hat-trick of big race wins. The sequence started in the Listed Prix Francois Boutin at Deauville when staying on well to score by a couple of lengths and returned to France to contest the Group 3 Prix la Rochette, which he won well after making all the running. He then scooped a huge prize in the Goffs Million at the Curragh on his last start when comfortably seeing off Gan Amhras and Intense Focus, who finished back in third; no show on his final outing when towards the rear in the Dewhurst Stakes at Newmarket, attempting to make all but dropping away pretty tamely. He seemed well suited by the cut in the ground when finishing third behind Mastercraftsman on his seasonal reappearance in the Irish 2000 Guineas, staying on well, albeit without showing a decisive turn of foot. He will surely be all the better for that run and is entitled to challenge for a place, but at his best when allowed to lead, something he won't be able to do with pacemakers in attendance, and also, all his best form has come on ground with plenty of cut in it. VERDICT: A fascinating renewal of this race where English and Irish 2000 Guineas form is the key. Mastercraftsman, fifth in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket, seemed to relish the testing conditions when winning the Irish at the Curragh last time, but it remains to be seen whether he can be as effective on this ground. He looks short enough and, now back on his favoured quicker ground, DELEGATOR is taken to confirm the Newmarket placings with him. Brian Meehan's colt has a major weapon in his armoury - his turn of foot, but it wasn't seen to its fullest extent when blunted by the slow conditions in Ireland last time and he is worth another chance back under more favourable conditions. 2000 Guineas sixth Evasive is entitled to get a lot closer to the pair of them now he has had a run, but nothing else really stands out otherwise, Soul City probably the leading candidate to sneak a place, albeit he prefers a little more juice in the ground. Selection: Delegator Alternative: Evasive

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 4.20 COVENTRY STAKES (CLASS 1) (GROUP 2) (2-Y-O) - 6f The Coventry is always a race to look forward with plenty of potential stars in the line up, the race being won in recent years by the likes of Fasliyev, Landseer, Red Clubs and Henrythenavigator. All the talk around this year's renewal has been all about the Richard Hannon trained Canford Cliffs, a very highly rated son of Tagula who got off the mark in impressive fashion when breezing to clear to score by 7 lengths on his debut in a 6f maiden at Newbury last month. He had been earning rave reviews down at Herridge beforehand after a couple of impressive pieces of work and was sent off an 11/8 chance; broke well and raced handy towards the stands side, coming through to dispute the running hard on the bridle approaching the final furlong before showing immediate acceleration to draw clear effortlessly and score by a resounding 7 lengths from the promising Rakaan (time very good). It was a very special debut performance, the ease with which he travelled and quicken particularly notable; this, of course, demands a lot more - the quicker ground an unknown - but his debut run suggested he was well above average and he is sure to go very well here, though the value in his price has long since evaporated. The Paul Cole trained No Hubris, too, looked a very smart sort in the making when getting off the mark at the first time of asking in a traditionally informative 6f maiden at York's Dante meeting last month. He had been the subject of good home reports himself and was well backed prior to his debut run; he was bounced out and knew his job right from the off, making all and showing impressive speed before quickening on once the pack started to close, forging clear to score by 2¼ lengths from subsequent winner Flying Statesman. It always a good maiden that he won and the fact he should improve again means he commands the utmost respect here. The Barry Hills trained Red Jazz can probably Lay claim to being one of the nicer early season juveniles around, the US bred son of Johannesburg seeming to know his job very well on debut when quickening clear in impressive to score by 5 lengths in a 5f maiden at Windsor. He was less convincing here on his next start in a conditions event when taking a while to hit top gear before coming home strongly in the closing stages to overhaul the tough early season juvenile Archers Road, getting up to score by half a length. Whilst it probably proved he is in need of this trip it didn't suggest he was good enough to win this and takes on some potentially smart, unexposed sorts here. Aidan O'Brien intended to come here with the highly rated Steinbeck, but instead relies upon Air Chief Marshal, a son of Danehill Dancer who has shaped up well enough to date. Following a second placing on his maiden behind Gold Bubbles over 6f at Naas he followed up with a very easy win in a 7f maiden at Gowran Park, drawing 8 lengths clear of his nearest rival in testing conditions; was then, rather oddly, dropped back to 5f for his next outing at the Curragh where he found plenty of trouble in running and came home a staying on third behind Wrong Answer. He is clearly a smart horse on his day, and the yard's record in this race speaks for itself, but seemed happier over 7f and this is the first time he's encountered ground this fast. The Michael Jarvis trained Alrasm is another who has always been highly regarded and the son of Acclamation was well fancied in the second division of the maiden Canford Cliffs won at Newbury last month. However, he was unable to make a winning debut, travelling strongly for most of the way but unable to find that decisive turn of foot to seal matters, hitting the front all too briefly before being headed by Meglio Ancora, who went on to win by half a length. He looked to have benefited for the outing and was sent off a 5/6 favourite for his next outing at Doncaster, scoring in good style from Big Audio, running on strongly throughout the final furlong and breaking the track record in the process. That form does fall short of what is required and there's no doubt he needs to improve, but he should do and it would be surprising if there wasn't more to come from him; ground deemed a bit lively for him last time so wouldn't mind a drop of rain. The Peter Winkworth trained Raine's Cross made an impressive winning debut in a 5f maiden at Bath in April, travelling well and showing good speed before quickening clear of his rivals nicely inside the final furlong to score by 4½ lengths from Avonvalley. It was an impressive debut, but disappointed slightly next time when a well held third behind the top class early season juvenile Monsieur Chevalier at Sandown next time in the Listed National Stakes, coming under pressure from some way out and doing his best work at the finish. He probably needs this trip now, his last run suggesting that, but he still needs to step up on what he has shown so far and probably playing for places at the very best here. Marsh Warbler made a winning debut as recently as last Tuesday when the son of the late Barathea stormed to a 6 length victory in just an ordinary 6f maiden at Redcar; dam was a smart juvenile performer, winning a Listed Race and placing in Group 3 company. It is interesting that Mark Johnston has decided to step him up into exalted company so quickly, indicating he has always thought a lot of this colt, but the bare form of his debut win suggests he has plenty on here and likely to find this a step too far so quickly after his debut win. Richard Hannon has a strong hand in this race as he comes here with another live chance in the shape of Fremont, a Marju half brother to the smart 6-7f performer Asset, once with the yard. He is another who has bit of a home reputation though took a while to show why when taking his time to hit top gear on his debut in a 6f maiden at Goodwood last month; looked as though he would be second when the leader kicked but he responded well for pressure to rally and come back strong to head Rakaan in the closing stages, scoring by a short head. That form needs improving on, but he looked sure to benefit for that run and it was praiseworthy that he showed such a willing attitude despite signs of inexperience to win; he looks a contender for a place if improving again, though he does need to. One horse who does look very interesting is the Richard Fahey trained Flying Statesman, and the son of Johannesburg made a promising start to his career when chasing home No Hubris on his debut at York last month in a 6f maiden, in rear early on before staying on well to take second in the closing stages. He had clearly come on for that run and was sent off a 2/5 chance for his next outing in a 6f maiden at Ayr when making virtually all and easing to a 1½ length victory over the promising Layali Al Andalus, simply showing too much speed and class for his rivals. He obviously has something to find with No Hubris on their debut running at York, but hard to believe he was as forward as that rival was on the day; he looks sure to make up into a smart juvenile this season and he has serious place prospects here for his in form yard. The Jamie Osborne trained Treadwell made an impressive winning debut in a 5f maiden at Sandown earlier this month despite running green, showing a good deal of quality to run out a convincing enough winner. The son of Footstepsinthesand started slowly and took a keen hold but travelled strongly into contention and once asked for his effort approaching the final furlong the response was immediate, quickening clear to score by ¾ length from the more experienced Palisades Park. That form a long way off what is required here, but clear his trainer rates him highly, and it usually pays to follow the yard's juveniles who make winning debuts as it usually means their above average; step up to 6f should suit and should run a nice race, but more is needed for him to get involved. Another colt who made quite an impression on his debut is the Clive Cox trained Xtension, a son of Xaar who was well backed prior to his debut run in a 6f maiden at Goodwood, travelling well just off the pace and quickening up well inside the final furlong when asked, skipping 4 lengths clear of Jehu to win as he liked. This, however, demands much more, the form nothing more than ordinary and, although highly regarded by connections, probably flying too high here. The Joanna Morgan trained Moran Gra looks interesting, the son of Rahy winning well last time out in a 6f maiden at Leopardstown earlier this month, pulling 3 lengths clear of Mark Twain to score in good style; it represented a step forward from a modest showing on his debut over 5f and he should be able to improve again, albeit it is a marked step up in class. VERDICT: This looks a decent renewal of the Coventry Stakes with plenty of promising maiden winners, most with big reputations, taking each other on. The betting has been all about CANFORD CLIFFS (NAP) since his impressive debut win at Newbury when he sailed clear to score by 7 lengths to record a good time despite the softish ground conditions. Richard Hannon does have a modest record in this race but it is doubtful the Herridge handler has had a colt this good with which to go to war with and, although the value in his price has gone, it will take a good one to beat him. There are plenty of smart sorts in opposition, not least the Paul Cole trained No Hubris who created a favourable impression himself when winning a York on his debut as he liked, quickening up some way out to record a comfortable victory. Flying Statesman, who chased home No Hubris on his debut, won impressively at Ayr last time, signalling he is a smart sort and he can run into a place, while other place contenders at decent odds include the other Hannon runner, Fremont, and Irish challenger Moran Gra remains capable of better after winning in good style last time on a quicker surface than he had encountered on his debut. Selection: Canford Cliffs Alternative: Flying Statesman

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 4.55 ASCOT STAKES (CLASS 2) (HANDICAP) (0-95) (4-Y-O+) - 2m 4f This is always a tricky race to solve, the last three winners of this going off at 20/1, 20/1 and 33/1. National Hunt trainers, unsurprisingly, tend to do well in this race, and the obvious starting place would be with the Philip Hobbs trained Liberate, third in this last season when narrowly missing out to Missoula in a tight finish, looking the likely winner until his effort faded close home. He then went on to finish a slightly disappointing seventh in the Cesarewitch Handicap at Newmarket on his only other start on the flat last season; he didn't the best of campaigns over the jumps, a remote fourth behind Pettifour in a Grade 2 hurdle at Wetherby his best effort. However, he comes here fit after finishing a decent sixth in a 3m handicap hurdle at Haydock, remaining prominent until weakening before the last; that should have put him spot on for this and, off only a 1lb higher mark than season, is entitled to go well here under Jamie Spencer. Kayf Aramis comes here off the back of a shock defeat at Goodwood last time when sent off an odds favourite but coming home fifth behind Sweetheart; he had hacked up prior to that in a 2m 2f handicap at York the week before, kicking clear by a good 20 lengths before being eased down in the closing stages, passing the line 13 lengths clear of his nearest rival. He was a frustrating sort for John Spearing earlier in his career, always running a good race without winning but his big day came for his current yard when staying on powerfully to land the Pertemps Final Handicap Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival, showing stamina is his forte. He has gone up a stone for that clear cut success at York a couple of starts ago, but he surely has to hold claims if in that mood again, this marathon distance sure to suit, and he is one of the likelier contenders in a tricky race. Irish raider Sesenta is sure to prove a popular order for the Willie Mullins/Johnny Murtagh combination, and the mare was an impressive winner last time out on the flat when staying on gamely to see of Speed Ticket and score by a head in a 12f handicap at the Curragh. She is a useful sort over hurdles, chasing home top class stablemate Quevega in a decent hurdle race at Punchestown before running a respectable race when eighth in the Grade 3 County Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival. However, while stamina is her main asset the big thing against her here is the ground as she likes it on the testing side; clearly not to be underestimated following her latest win but likely the quicker surface will prove her undoing. A regular in these big races is the Mick Channon trained Som Tala, but the son of Fantastic Light has yet to win since 2006 when winning the 2m 2f Phil Bull Trophy at Pontefract. He clearly loves a marathon trip, finishing third in this back in 2007 and a close up fifth in this last season; has also gone close in the Chester Cup, finishing second in last year's race, but disappointing in it when tenth on his only start so far this season, though did get hampered inside the final furlong. There is no doubting his stamina and should have come on for the outing and, although likely to find a few too good once again, has place claims. The Jane Chapple-Hyam trained Judgethemoment is progressing well this season with two victories to his name, the most recent coming here in a 2m handicap when coming from off the pace to stay on strongly and get up close home at the expense of Swingkeel by a neck, looking as though he was in need of a thorough test of stamina. That win had followed on from an easy victory on his reappearance at Kempton when running out a convincing 1¼ length winner from Alnwick, able to ease down close home; he ran a good race when sixth behind Patkai in the Queens Vase at this meeting last season, staying on late in the day there, so clearly needs a real test of stamina and a major player off just a 3lbs higher mark for his last win. Mark Johnston won this in 2004 with Double Obesession, and the Middleham handler saddles the unexposed Keenes Day here, a lightly raced son of Daylami who has done most of his winning on the all weather to date. He won a couple of staying handicaps in the space of five days at Southwell and Wolverhampton last October, winning with any amount in hand on both occasions; ran as though something amiss when tailed off in a better contest at Wolverhampton next time out but back to winning ways on his reappearance in a 2m handicap at Lingfield in April. He had to be niggled and given a reminder early on but the further he went the better he looked, gradually coming clear inside the final furlong or so to win as he pleased by 2½ lengths from Wine 'n Dine. For all that he is progressive, he looks a lazy sort who needed waking up on the first circuit last time before responding to his rider's urgings, but won't be afforded the luxury of being able to get back into contention here once losing his position; he has also yet to prove as effective on turf as he is on an artifical surface and this by far his toughest task to date, though trip no problem. The Gary Moore trained Woolfall Treasure proved a disappointing sort over hurdles this winter after a highly promising start over obstacles; won a couple of minor contests early on in the National Hunt season but never involved when down the field in the Fred Winter at the Cheltenham Festival and then could only manage a distant third in a handicap hurdle here next time. However, a return to this sphere sparked life into him, scoring by 2¼ lengths from Cool Judgement in a 14f handicap at Salisbury last month, staying on strongly inside the final furlong to assert and score well. This looks a lot tougher, especially off a 5lbs higher mark, and this is as far as he has gone, but may well improve for it if anything as he seemed to relish the test of stamina last time. Last year's winner Missoula comes here in poor form and has achieved little since taking this 12 months ago, though as a result comes here 2lbs lower than when winning it. She did manage to win a novices' hurdle at Fontwell over this trip in December but had been disappointing on the flat after her win in this, never able to get competitive in the Northumberland Plate or in a couple of handicaps thereafter, including the Cesarewitch. She has the advantage of having proven herself over this unique trip and also is 2lbs lower than when winning this in tenacious fashion last season, but recent form raises doubt as to whether she'll be good enough to take advantage of her falling mark. Nicky Henderson relies upon Galient here, a formerly smart stayer on the flat for Michael Jarvis. He looked a promising sort a couple of seasons ago, going off a well fancied 6/1 chance for a Chester Cup, but seemed to regress at four; rejuvenated by current yard and won a couple of novice hurdles before finishing fourth at the Punchestown Festival. His only run on the flat last season came in this race when a well enduring a nightmare run, being hampered when still in with a shout, though was hardly an unlucky loser; ran a couple of decent races over hurdles in a generally modest hurdles campaign this winter, and he would only have an outside chance of a place here, running off the same mark of 87 as he did 12 months ago. Clopf is sometimes a frustrating sort over hurdles who doesn't find as much as looks likely, but for all that he is an incredibly talented individual who is a Grade 1 winner over hurdles. He made a winning return to action in this sphere off a mark of 77 when staying on well to see off Dafarabad by ¾ length in a 2m handicap at Leopardstown; this race could prove ideal for him as his jockey will be able to bury him away and is likely to travel strongly in behind horses. It is just a question of what he finds when finally asked to go and win his race, but his latest effort suggested he does have battling qualities; he should have no problems with this extra half mile, or the 7lbs rise, so entitled to go very well here. VERDICT: A nightmare for punters to solve in recent running's, this season's renewal looking no different. Kayf Aramis is sure to have his supporters following his 13 length demolition job at York, but does have to put the disappointment of Goodwood last time behind him, though guaranteed to stay. Last year's third Liberate is another entitled to go well, though the 2008 winner Missoula has been somewhat in the doldrums since winning this 12 months ago. Judgethemoment has been in fine form this season, with connections switching to hold up tactics and they seem to have worked a treat, but this race could prove ideal for the top class hurdler CLOPF to make his name in this sphere. The Andrew Heffernan trained charge can sometimes flatter to deceive, not finding as much as looks likely during a race, but his jockey, Wayne Lordan, should be able to find plenty of cover for him here, and he looked to have turned over a new leaf last time at Leopardstown, showing good battling qualities to land a 2m handicap. A mark of 84 still looks generous given his talent and he can score here at the expense of the Jane Chapple-Hyam trained colt. Som Tala is sure to run his usual honest race without quite being good enough, while the Mark Johnston trained Keenes Day looks open to further improvement and could run well if transferring his progression on the all weather onto grass. Selection: Clopf Alternative: Judgethemoment

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 5.30 WINDSOR CASTLE STAKES (CLASS 1) (LISTED RACE) (2-Y-O) - 5f It doesn't get any easier for punters with this finale looking as wide open as ever, the race last year won by 66/1 rank outside Flashmans Papers. The Dandy Nicholls trained Mister Manannan is sure to be a popular choice to build on his impressive 7 length victory in a 5f maiden at Pontefract last month. The son of Desert Style showed impressive speed from the gates, making all to run right away with it, showing blistering speed, something that will stand him in good stead and commands plenty of respect. However, the Richard Hannon trained Angel's Pursuit also looked to have a bit of quality about him when making a winning debut in a decent little 5f maiden at Newmarket last month, showing a good turn of foot to quicken well from off the pace to win with plenty in hand from the experienced Mijas Playa, winning in taking fashion despite obvious signs of greenness throughout. His half brother, the high class juvenile Dark Angel, got better with racing and no reason why this son of Pastoral Pursuits won't either. He comes from the in form Richard Hannon yard and looks sure to go well here with improvement assured. Star Rover has been one of the most consistent, tough and honest juvenile performers in the early stages of this season, showing no signs of stopping last time when chasing home Monsieur Chevalier in the Listed National Stakes at Sandown last time, giving him a scare before being readily left behind in the final furlong. Prior to that, he had won a decent conditions event at Chester's May meeting, showing good speed to see off the tough Archers Road; has been beaten the last twice, though, and likely others are starting to catch up with him now and is vulnerable to improvers, of which there are plenty in opposition. Mark Johnston runs a speedy sort in The Hermitage, the daughter of Khelyef building on a promising debut effort to brush aside a handful of rivals to land a 5f maiden at Newmarket, scoring by an easy 3¼ lengths from Social Grace. She put in a solid effort last time from not the best of draws when chasing home impressive winner and leading Queen Mary contender Don't Tell Mary in the Hilary Needler Trophy at Beverley last time, taking up the running before being firmly put in her place by the smart looking winner. However, she has plenty of speed and is likely to last longer than most and hard to think she has peaked already, her pedigree suggesting she should go on progressing for a while yet. Another filly to come out of that Hilary Needler Trophy with credit was the Tim Easterby trained Little Scotland, who was some way behind from her modest draw before flying home inside the final furlong to take fifth and would have been a lot closer had she not have got so far behind early on. The draw played its part as well and her previous effort, when third in a fillies' Listed Race at York, also reads well; she is sure to be finished fast once more, but it could be the case that she is perhaps ready for a step up to 6f now. The James Given trained Itsthursdayalready did well to win last time at Chester as he missed the kick, lost his early position on the inside and then found trouble in running down the home straight, but he soon picked up inside the final furlong to come home with a powerful late surge and he just got up to deny Reddy To Star in the dying strides, scoring by a head. He is value for a good couple of lengths given how much ground he lost at the start and he should run a nice race, though whether he can improve quickly enough to trouble some of these remains to be seen. Red Avalanche has been another of the smarter early season sorts, using his early pace to his advantage by making all to land the spoils in a Nottingham novices' event, but found Crown too good for him at Windsor last time and was again put in his place when third behind Corporal Maddox, a horse he'd comfortably beaten previously, in the 6f Listed Woodcote Stakes at Epsom the other week. Hard to believe there is much more improvement to come and is there to be shot at if going out at a rapid rate here; lacks scope for improvement. The Richard Hannon trained Desert Auction won a Folkestone maiden in good style before being given a well timed ride to score in cheeky style from Grand Zafeen in a small field conditions at Goodwood next time; disappointing, however, when never in contention after being interfered with on the turn for home in the Woodcote Stakes at Epsom last time when well fancied. Although 6f will ultimately be his trip, a strongly run 5f at this track suits those who come from behind, tactics that are likely be employed on this colt and he could pounce late if they do indeed go hard early on, which is likely considering the presence of Red Avalanche and a couple of others. Brocklesby winner Hearts Of Fire hasn't really progressed since showing a decent turn of foot to see off Archers Road at Doncaster, finishing a well held fourth in a conditions event at Newmarket before Archers Road reversed the Brocklesby when going down by a length to him in a conditions event at Beverley last time. He is still open to improvement, but his latest effort does underline his limitations, for his conqueror, who has been soundly beaten since, is well exposed and he is likely to find a few too good for him here. One who could be interesting at a big price is the Roger Teal trained Russian Rock, and the son of Rock Of Gibraltar showed promise on his debut when showing plenty of early dash before fading in the closing stages to finish fifth in a 5f maiden at Goodwood. He seemed to have learned plenty from that next time when contesting a 5f maiden at Salisbury 12 days later, again showing good speed and travelling well before showing a willing attitude and finding plenty for pressure to run out a game winner by half a length from Spanish Acclaim (third a winner since). He could run into a place at a nice price if progressing as expected. VERDICT: A real minefield to end the first day with. Mister Manannan will quite rightly be well fancied following his 7 length demolition job at Pontefract last time, and he is one of the more exciting juveniles to have emerged so far this season. However, Richard Hannon looks to have an excellent chance here of winning here with ANGEL'S PURSUIT who displayed signs of greenness before showing an impressive turn of foot to overhaul a more experienced rival with relative ease in a 5f maiden at Newmarket and is sure to have learnt plenty for that outing. Stablemate Desert Auction is likely to be suited by the likely strong early pace and could come through late to snatch a place, though others to make appeal are Hilary Needler runner up The Hermitage and Salisbury maiden winner Russian Rock, who is likely to be a big price but who showed speed as well as a good attitude under pressure and could go well at a big price. Selection: Angel's Pursuit Alternative: Desert Auction

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June Nice work welshman ;)!!! Anyway my other main bet of the day will be in the 3.45 (not playing toomuch in the sprints too many unknowns but shall be good to watch and dont fancy big field handicaps lol) This is how I see things! Born to be king- Winner of 7f maiden last year but since then spent most of his time as a front runner pace making for O'Brien same can be said today I think Delegator- Beaten master before on same terms over 1m at newmarket but was beaten by master last time out on same terms but in Heavy ground where master seems to go better at the curragh. Delegator goes better on todays ground also jockey change from spencer to Meehan positive after few mistakes possibly! Likely to be held up effort likely 1F/2F out Eveasive- Seems to be at home in 7f tried 1m in guineas behind sea the stars, delegator, Ghan, and master little chance of turning that around, likely to be with the leader then lead final 3f poss weaken rapidly Intense Focus- Failed to stay 1m recently winner over 7f beating master back in 5th also beat lord shanakil, delegator and soul city over 7f Likely to be behind leaders then go for lead but prob fade Lord Shanakil- Way back in guineas has won group 2 over 6f, Trip major concern Likely to be tracking leaders effort 1f/2f out Mastercraftsman- maybe ground not over suited for him today?? Also seems to be at home at The Curragh! Has beaten intense focus twice on same terms little chance of any change there Likely to track leaders effort from 2f out Orizaba- Another who hasnt shown anything over 7f but has shown an attitude which could succeed over 1m, ground on his side maybe needed the run last week could show more today Likely to track leaders effort 1 1/2f out Pure Poetry- Surely outclassed today finished long way behind delegator twice, unlikely to reverse that today but has won at this trip before Could be with pace or at rear no consistency of tactics Set Sail- Not sure why O'Brien has put this in looks completely outclassed only met Orizaba before who beat him by 6lengths Likely to be with King setting pace Soul City- Defenetily needs a cut in the ground got lot to prove at this level maybe progress after recent run. Likely to try and make all! My bets: 1pt rev f/c Delegator/Master 4pt win Delegator (9/2 hills BOG) 2pt Place Evasive 1pt Place Orizaba 1pt Place Intense

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June A lot has been said about Richard Hannon's record in the Coventry and to be honest I'm not sure I agree. He hasn't really targetted the race that much over the years. 1988 66/1 3rd 1989 9/1 WON 1990 12/1 3rd 1991 5/1 5th 1992 8/1 3rd 1993 5/2 3rd 1994 6/1 2nd 1995 no runner under 12/1 1996 7/4 3rd 1997 4/1 unplaced 1998 no runner under 10/1 1999 25/1 4th 2000 4/1 2nd 2001 20/1 4th 2002 4/1 unplaced 2003 NO RUNNER 2004 6/1 unplaced 2005 no runner under 66/1 2006 11/2 2nd 2007 NO RUNNER 2008 no runner under 14/1 Ok, not a great win ration but nearly all fancied runners have run well in the race. 2002 and 2004 the only major disappointments.

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June 1 win out of how many horses? You can't deny he has a shite record in the race considering the set up he has.

A lot has been said about Richard Hannon's record in the Coventry and to be honest I'm not sure I agree. He hasn't really targetted the race that much over the years. 1988 66/1 3rd 1989 9/1 WON 1990 12/1 3rd 1991 5/1 5th 1992 8/1 3rd 1993 5/2 3rd 1994 6/1 2nd 1995 no runner under 12/1 1996 7/4 3rd 1997 4/1 unplaced 1998 no runner under 10/1 1999 25/1 4th 2000 4/1 2nd 2001 20/1 4th 2002 4/1 unplaced 2003 NO RUNNER 2004 6/1 unplaced 2005 no runner under 66/1 2006 11/2 2nd 2007 NO RUNNER 2008 no runner under 14/1 Ok, not a great win ration but nearly all fancied runners have run well in the race. 2002 and 2004 the only major disappointments.

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June

Jesus' date=' I forgot all about this royal thing... what a complete joke. Someone sniper those stuck up arseholes please![/quote'] Its called royal ascot because of them lol, come on bit of history i agree is blown out but hey our country is full of heritage that should live on!

Re: Royal Ascot - Tues 16th June

Jesus' date=' I forgot all about this royal thing... what a complete joke. Someone sniper those stuck up arseholes please![/quote'] The royal aspect and the faggot fashion bloke ruin what is some top class racing. I don't give a fcuk if some sl@g is wearing Vivien Westwoods latest dress, I want to know the steamers and drifters and see the horses in the parade ring. RUK don't cover it either which is a shame as I really don't fcuking care what colour hat the queen is wearing, this other queen does my head in, I wish someone like Omar Williams would dry bum fcuk him and rupture his spleen. :lol :lol