confederations cup 2009

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: confederations cup 2009 After watching all the games I can safely say Brazil will struggle when coming up against the better sides (Italy and Spain if they get that far) and Egypt are stronger than I thought, as are the USA. New Zealand, Iraq and South Africa are pathetic and shouldn't be playing in tournaments such as this. Im happy with my Spain bet though, 11/8 looks a decent price after seeing all teams in action.

Re: confederations cup 2009 Yes, Spain appear to be the most solid team. Brazil of course has enough talent to defeat any side in the world, but their defense appears a bit iffy... I'm not impressed with Italy at all. They have experienced and talented players but struggled to defeat a weak New Zealand side and one can only wonder if the USA wasn't a man down what would have happened. Egypt and the USA appear sound, but are a class below both Brazil and Spain. South Africa and Iraq....forget it. They are both weak overall. I'm leaning towards Spain who are shaping up as a very serious contender to win the World Cup in 2010. They look very strong in every respect.

Re: confederations cup 2009 i like brazil, they will improve the more they play together, i think they can take spain, their defence should be a lot more switched on against them, and they played some nice footie in the 1st half kaka looks like he could be well up for this he could be the difference in the final

Re: confederations cup 2009 I believe Brazil vs USA is great betting game. Brazil will be more focused and USA little bit demoralized after 1st match. Brazil get the peak of the game at the end and USA was slowly loosing through the match. Momentum if definitely on Brazil side. Think they could score first and off course win at the end. But wait for the odds. And first goal won't come soon. Just my opinnion. They can't be worst as today and US can't be much better. And tradition is stongely on side of Penta holders.

Re: confederations cup 2009

a draw? that's ridicolous! good thing i didnt tip on the winner and still made decent money /e holy hell! I guess mohammadi is now well hated for literally causing the loss of this match. congrats to everyone betting on brazil, you were quite lucky :D

surely if it hadnt of hit his hand it would of gone in the goal and they wouldnt of had the chance to save the penalty which their keeper nearly did

Re: confederations cup 2009 tbh guys if i was an odds compliler id have shortened the spaniards. they were so comfortable. however having watched brazil they were excellent for the 1st 52 mins until egypt scored then a quick equaliser and brazil fell apart for a while. sign of a good side though, that they managed to grind that win out. As for italy, i think its mix and match for them at the moment, they have a good squad but for some reason i dont think they no there best 11. Rossi was good when he came on, luca toni is always a threat. Iaquinta and co were woeful though. Italy do not have enough quality to win it. Spain for me. Whoever wins brazils group though has a bye to the final IMO as the 3 teams in spains group are woeful

Re: confederations cup 2009 What are people’s thoughts on tonight games? I don’t think Spain will thrash Iraq the way they did NZ as the Iraqis have showed they can park the bus and defend well against S.Africans.Iraq will defend in numbers and try not to concede too many goals and play counters most of the game.Im thinking of Under 3.5 goals @2.08 for this one. As for the S.A - NZ game, it’s a must win for S.Africans in front of their passionate fans to stand any chance of advancing further so im leaning towards S.A -1 @2.00 againts very leaky NZ defence without their best defender R.Nelsen.

Re: confederations cup 2009 spain v iraq. i didnt feel spain played there best the other night against NZ however it shows the quality of them. when they took xavi off the passing went out the window abit. i do expect spain to start with the same side. the iraqis were absolutley woeful, no shots against a woeful SA and no imigination. now for my predictions. david villa first goal and last goal @ 11/4 1st goal to be a header or any other body part @ 7/2 14-16 corners @ 11/2 spain 4 iraq 0 @ 6/1 all prices are ladbrokes SA vs NZ this is a tough game. although NZ lost 5-0 they werent as bad as the result would have you belive! they are ok up front and midfield however there defence is poor. SA did not impress me 1 bit against iraq. they just couldnt penetrate one of the worst sides ive seen. they will be hoping to have steven pienaar back soon, as he has a touch of class about him. anyway guys heres my tips for SA game shane smeltz 1st goal 14/1 e/w 2-3 goals @ 10/11 new zeland +1 @ 21/10 is an absolute out standing bet good luck anyway guys

Re: confederations cup 2009 south africa v new zealand im not too sure how hard the new zealanders would of tried against a team that are so much better than them, nz have never won a game in this tournament but i think thats about to change they know that their chance will come today or against iraq (moreso against iraq) it would of never been their plan to even try and beat spain why waste energy on an impossible task, the bookies are basing their price on the performance against spain and thats where they are making their mistake their is no way nz should be 9s or 10s today, they were 4s before kick off against spain, even thou i didnt watch africas game i have read what some of you said about it also iraq set out for a draw they had one shot all game against africas 7 this could well go the same way as the africa-iraq game as new zealand will target iraq for the points to qualify, also they get to show the asian world that they can beat their number 1 team as in a couple of months they will be playing the 5th best placed asian team in a playoff to enter the world cup this is a bit difficult to predict as new zealand could well not turn up again and may well be so crap that africa will be a humiliating place for them to be, but i think their performance will improve a lot highest scoring half as a draw best price is paddys @ 13/5

Re: confederations cup 2009 not sure how iraq will take this game they may assume as they stopped africa scoring they could do it again wth spain, but maybe as they have the point they need they will put their energy into playing new zealand, i do so hope this is what happens betfair have any unquoted score at half time at 4 /1, 3 goals to one side gets you a win, i almost think this is a banker even if iraq do try and withstand the spanish onslaught are they good enuf

Re: confederations cup 2009 Spain should win this and do it comfortably. The European Championship winners have shown why they are they best right now and started the tournament with a 5-0 win and they didn't come out of second gear. Iraq were poor against South Africa and as said above didn't manage a shot on goal. They will probably try and play damage limitation in this game and lets be honest I fancy Torres and co to destroy them if they do. Each way 1st goalscorers: Torres @ 3.50 (Ladbrokes) Villa @ 3.75 (Ladbrokes) Singles Spain -2 @ 4/6 (Coral) First half over 1.5 goals @ 1.98 (Ladbrokes) Over 3.5 goals @ 2.14 (Ladbrokes)

Re: confederations cup 2009 0-0 Half Time.... Surely they can't keep holding Spain. Just added a bet in the Bet in play. Over 35 points @ 1.66, 20 points already before I placed the bet. (10 points yellow Card, 25 points for a red). Reason for this is the longer the game goes on the more frustrated Spain will get and the more pressure Spain put on the more likely Iraq will foul.

What are people’s thoughts on tonight games? I don’t think Spain will thrash Iraq the way they did NZ as the Iraqis have showed they can park the bus and defend well against S.Africans.Iraq will defend in numbers and try not to concede too many goals and play counters most of the game.Im thinking of Under 3.5 goals @2.08 for this one. As for the S.A - NZ game, it’s a must win for S.Africans in front of their passionate fans to stand any chance of advancing further so im leaning towards S.A -1 @2.00 againts very leaky NZ defence without their best defender R.Nelsen.
not bad so far, just as i predicted Iraq has parked the bus with the whole team behind the ball making a solid brick wall lol :) I just hope that Spain dont turn around and score 4 goals in the second half :hope

Spain should win this and do it comfortably. The European Championship winners have shown why they are they best right now and started the tournament with a 5-0 win and they didn't come out of second gear. Iraq were poor against South Africa and as said above didn't manage a shot on goal. They will probably try and play damage limitation in this game and lets be honest I fancy Torres and co to destroy them if they do. Each way 1st goalscorers: Torres @ 3.50 (Ladbrokes):eyes Villa @ 3.75 (Ladbrokes):clap Singles Spain -2 @ 4/6 (Coral):eyes First half over 1.5 goals @ 1.98 (Ladbrokes):eyes Over 3.5 goals @ 2.14 (Ladbrokes)
:eyes
0-0 Half Time.... Surely they can't keep holding Spain. Just added a bet in the Bet in play. Over 35 points @ 1.66:eyes, 20 points already before I placed the bet. (10 points yellow Card, 25 points for a red). Reason for this is the longer the game goes on the more frustrated Spain will get and the more pressure Spain put on the more likely Iraq will foul.
Called that game totally wrong. Spain missed a few chances but seemed happy just to keep the ball, whilst Iraq just watched and allowed them too. 1 booking away from the Over 35 points. Would have got it aswell if Iraq went near a spanish player.:lol

Re: confederations cup 2009 Kaka made a good game for Brazil against Egypt! I think he will score tomorrow for Brazil against weak Americans. USA is without Clarc who got a red card. I think Brazil can score also 2 or 3 goals like Italy. And i think also USA will score at least one goal, because Brazils defence has some breaks and Brazil players are tired. For me Over 3 goals @2,06 , Brazil AHC -1,75 @1,74, Kaka to score @2,40. GL !

What are people’s thoughts on tonight games? I don’t think Spain will thrash Iraq the way they did NZ as the Iraqis have showed they can park the bus and defend well against S.Africans.Iraq will defend in numbers and try not to concede too many goals and play counters most of the game.Im thinking of Under 3.5 goals @2.08 for this one.:clap As for the S.A - NZ game, it’s a must win for S.Africans in front of their passionate fans to stand any chance of advancing further so im leaning towards S.A -1 @2.00 againts very leaky NZ defence without their best defender R.Nelsen.:clap
A very good outcome last night with nice profits made.NZ were just horrible without a shot on goal i think and lucky not to lose by a bigger margin. Tonights games are gona be pretty tight with both US and Egypt needing points after there first losses.