** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Doesn't have much relevance but for the superstitious punter - UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2007 - 2008 semi-finals: Barcelona - Manchester United, 0 - 0. Camp Nou, Barcelona, Spain, 2008-04-23 The Referee in this match was none other than Masimo Busacca who awarded a penalty in the 2nd minute of the match. The ref tends to let the match go without much intervention, although he does make the odd strange decision but not really match winning ones. His card count is fairly low with an average of 3 yellows in this years CL match schedule so far. Will go for the Bookings index. Up to and Including 30 points @ Evs (70% of Stake) 35 to 40 points inclusive @ 4/1 (30% of Stake) And a superstitious punt on the 0-0 CS @ 15/2 All PP

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Penalty awared and to be missed - 12/1 Hills Vidic 1-1 scorecast O'Shead 1-1 Scorecast Think this is gonna be a tight game, both sides have players injuries so may not be offensive as we think. Neither will want to give anything away and give the oppo an upper hand, and think Man Utd could nick one from a set play, hence the FGS component from the two defenders. Have a feeling Ronaldo may miss a pen, hence the top bet.

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U

Persian father, german mother, living in Germany, Khosh Omadid & cheers :cheers would be great to hear smth from you or other Iranians if you have betting opinions about IPL (Iranian Premier League) or Asian CL :ok

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Barcelona bossing the midfield with Xavi and Iniesta as predicted, running the show. Etoo is too quick for Vidic and only a matter of time that Messi weaves his way through this defence. Barca are pretty tight at the back and not letting much go through, mainly due to the way they defend from the front and they hunt in packs If they keep playing the way they are, Barcelona will winthis comfortably as Man Utd will open up even more at the back i search of the equaliser. There only hope to change this is Tevez

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Don't know why Sir Alex started with Park Ji-Sung. Don't like him at all. He keeps missing interceptions, giving the ball away and generally looks off the pace of the game.

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Jesus H Christ, it's amateurs vs pure professionals. I was totally and utterly wrong in my pick. Barca truly deserve to be champions after that effort!

I've watched Barcelona ALOT this season and they are a pleasure to watch but even against small teams in their league and at home they struggle to break teams down that stick 11 men behind the wall and just say 'attack us'. This is why they excel in Europe, every team is expected to come out and attack which Barcelona feeds on and takes advantage by their excellent attacking players such as Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Eto'o! In recent weeks i've seen Barca without Henry and they are just not the same team. It means that Iniesta usually pushes into the attacking trio and thereby Barca lose an incredible amount in midfield by playing two defensive midfielders such as Abidal and Toure in midfield which means their attacking flow suffers and not many players are pushing forward and they lack much creative spark upfront. Against Chelsea we seen all this in context, Hiddink had obviously done his research, stuck the 11 men behind the ball and said 'attack us' and this worked to a treat 0-0 at Nou Camp, 1-0 up at home after a counter-attack but then Chelsea got too attack-minded and over-confident, starting to push forward instead of trying to just contain Barca which led to them scoring at the very end. Let's look at the misssings; Alves - was absolutely horrible against Chelsea but is still quite a big loss as he gets forward at every occasion playing in others going forward. Marquez - didn't start most matches this season and is quite over-rated player Abidal - Toure is more than an adequate replacement as he has played incredibly well in this position in recent weeks Henry didn't play against Chelsea and if i'm honest was the biggest reason behind Barca not being clinical upfront with most attacks not comprimising of the usual amount of players going forward. Sir Alex knows that Fletcher is a HUGE missing and the most important missing of the match i feel as it is how Ferguson's tactics pan out against teams that play 'better football' than United, just like they did against Inter and Arsenal - Fletcher runs about the midfield pressing every player not allowing them to play their usual flowing football and this works incredibly well (as Chelsea adapted this style aswell). Anderson i feel just isn't a good enough replacement. He isn't as experienced as Fletcher and this could cost United, he is prone to taking on a speculative shot instead of a simple pass - and losing position against a team of Barca's stature can prove costly as just look at the stats of the chelsea game of position (70%!!!). I therefore feel that Barca could overcome United here but will take them to lift the cup instead just incase. Barcelona to lift the cup - 1/1 General
:dude:cow:dude

I'm also adding to this Over 2.5 goals @ 2.21 I don't understand where the logic is behind the pricing up of overs / unders. 1.66 for under 2.5 suggests that the bookies consider this game to be a tight affair, similar to that of Chelsea v Barcelona. Why? Purely because Manchester United are a British team? The difference in odds between Over 2.5 and under 2.5 is far too big for me to ignore. Only one fixture over the last 10 years has ended goal less. Looking back over the previous Champions League history we can see that 7 from the last 11 finals have ended with over 2.5 goals. I don't think that Manchester United are capable of defending similar to Chelsea. Not when you consider the likes of Ronaldo in their side, who goes missing when they don't have posession.
I can't tell you how disappointed I am with that game. If I'd paid £200 to see that, I would be asking for my money back. Worst performance from United all season and they chose tonight. No character to the team, they just gave up after the 10th minute.

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Barçaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap :drums:drums:drums:drums:drums:drums :cow:cow:cow:cow:cow

Great match between the Spanish champs and the English champs with Barcelona to come out with the victory. Much has been said about the attacking trio of Etoo, Henry and especially Messi. Etoo and Henry have the pace to take it to the likes of Evra, O'Shea and Vidic, while Ferdinand, who has some injury concerns, has the pace to match it with them. Apart from Ferdinand, each of the three in the backline have been below par this year, with Vidic in particular, while able to use his physical strength to get the better of players, has been shown up by quick, technical players who can hold him up off the ball -like Torres. Liking the look of Messi to cause plenty for problems to Evra who has not kicked on from his very good season last year while O'Shea has been inconsistent and Henry knows him well enough to do some damage here. In midfield, the centre pairing of Iniesta and Xavi are a class above Carrick and Park / Anderson(?). It is these two who run the show for Barcelona and provide the service for the front three. While Chelsea were able to pack the midfield with the likes of Essien to neutralise their effect in the semi-finals, Man Utd without Fletcher, don't have anyone else of similar ability to do the ssame job. These two should dominate for Barcelona. Barcelona are short at the back and there are concerns if they can handle Rooney and Ronaldo (as it is doubtful the dangerous Tevez will start). However they showed that they can contain Drogba and Anelka who showed that they are probably the best two striking partners in the EPL. While Rooney should be a handful, the moody, inconsistent Berbatov is not a big problem for the defenders while Tevez would be a problem for them as his movement and guile around the park would stretch their defence but he is likely to be on the bench. Barcelona will play their normal attacking game, much like Arsenal does, and they showed, as well as Liverpool, how to beat Man Utd. Looking at Liverpool's thumping of Man Utd at Old Trafford, they pressed them up the park, which Barcelona are capable of doing, as well as getting Torres to be direct with his running, much like Etoo is capable of. They didn't allow much service to Rooney and Ronaldo, so look to Toure and Puyols to have them closely marked. Looking at similar form lines, where Barcelona beat Real 6-2 and Liverpool beat them 4-0, and then Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-1, while in a simplistic way, Barcelona should then beat Man Utd also, the thing is they can, if they watch Liverpool's and Arsenal's game to see how it is done. Man Utd have played well this year, but compared to the previous season, they didn't play as well and quite a few of their games they grinded out, and can they do this again, in a high pressure atmosphere as this final is? Look to Barcelona to be relentless in playing their normal way and they score a comprehesive victory
Barcelona (2.85 @ pinnacle) :D Barcelona -1 (EH) (5.50 @ centrebet) :D Over 2.5 (2.22 @ pinnacle) :@ Over 3.5 (3.50 @ centrebet) :@ Barcelona 3-1 (26 @ centrebet) :@ Deserved win by Barca, too good for any team to match. Messi > Ronaldo. Messi confirms he is the second coming of Maradona

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Where were Man Utd tonight after the 10th minute? The game was all about Barcelona once they got that goal against the run of play. All credit to Barca and of course Messi (he is just class, 4 players had to gang up on him at one stage). No point in going over the tactics now but what was SAF thinking with keeping Giggs on, after an ineffectual first half. But The Best team won on the night. Pity the ManU fans that shelled out for tickets to a dismal performance.

Re: Champoins League Final - 27th of May - Barcelona v Man U Conratulations Barca, the best team won of that there is no doubt, maybe Man Utd didnt play very well but maybe Barca didnt let Man Utd play, just like Man Utd didnt let Arsenal play in the Semi Final. I backed Man Utd some correct scores so lost all my bets but i kind of guessed it would be that way as early as the 10th minute! Barca are worthy champions of europe, they play the beautiful game beautifully & Iniesta is a class act. Well done to all those on here who went against most on here & backed Barca! :ok

You forget that Arsenal beat a full strength Manchester United 2-1 at the Emirates earlier in the season when the Arsenal squad was less injury hit. Man united and pretty much all teams in the world really do hate playing teams like Barca and Arsenal when they play well. You all forget the way Barca play, not only do they have large amounts of possesion but off the ball they are a nightmare, as soon as they lose it they all rapidly close down their opponents to win the ball back, all of them, the front 3 in Eto'o Messi and Henry included. If Man United don't have the ball it will put pressure on their attackers to really take their chances when they get them, look at drogba who had to guilt edges chances to score against chelsea but missed them for be because of the pressure on him to score. Players these days especially Cristiano Ronaldo even at man united need about 3,4 good chances to get a goal! When Barca will have so much possesion Man United attacks will be few and far between. People believe to much rubbish from the english media who were trying to make excuses for Chelsea's non existant attacking play. The whole theory behind Man United and Chelsea being able to break down attacking teams is only true when the other team (arsenal) dosen't play well. I see no reason why barca will hold anything back. I believe if Barca play well they really should win. I think in the first leg maybe the big derby vs Madrid was on their minds and since Chelsea were only defending Barca where not as sharp up front as they might had been. Barca imo lacked confidence in the secound leg against Chelsea to score against the and a bit of magic from Iniesta in the dying minutes saved them. What happened to them against united last year was definatly playing on their minds, their final balls were not up to their ususal high standards at the bridge. Look at this Messi video here
and you will see, some of those crosses were really poor which is unlike him and unlike Barca if their final ball was up to scratch they wouldv'e had no problems aganist chelsea. That goal Iniesta scored for me is why Barca will win, now they have cast what happened to them last year behind and will have the neccesary confidence to win. If Barca play well i don't think they will lose. The odds on barca to win are pretty good but one to keep your eye on is barca to win in extra time at 12/1 (bet 365) United i believe will be tired from chasing the ball constantly for 90 minutes and will run out of steam by extra time.
They didn't win in overtime but :dude:dude:dude How right was i :ok

left a comment on wrong page but surely 4/6 on 5 or less substitions in 90 mins is huge?? i cant see either team using up all 3 subs in such a high pressure game especially if as thought its gonna be a tight game in last years final there was only 1 substition made in the 90 mins it was in extra time that a few subs were made to take penalties etc but personally il be takin 4/6 on 5 or less subs
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

;1392483']Won't happen. Anderson is a terrible player and every time i watch him play he either gives the ball away or makes a horrible pass and seems to order other players around after he commits a bad decision. In his 41 games played' date=' he has not scored for United. He won't tonight either imo.[/quote'] Man, everything i said in this post, Anderson did in the final. He even through a tantrum before the half throwing his arms up at his team mates. What a genuine loser.:spank

barca is clearly the better team after the first 10 minutes.
Are you sure you're watching live? :lol Great performance from the best club side in the World right now. Awesome, men and boys. On and on! ;)

;) iranians premier league is depends alot of things,they're not clean matches:sad I won 100$ in overtime ,but my extra time ...:tongue2 np,I was a winner at all!!:tongue2