Mileni Over The Sticks 2011/2012

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Spinal Research Handicap Chase Bensalem 1pt win - 8/1 Lads Big worry about Choc Thornton. Very low on confidence after his injuries, but horse is classy and he would have won the race last year. Ladbrokes have priced him at 8/1 and I think it's too big. Alan King confirmed he'll run there if the ground doesn't get too soft, which is unlikely. Will get outpaced in the Plate whatever the ground imo. I hope there are no last minute changes with Bakbenscher going this route and Bensalem going in the Plate.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 National Hunt Chase Quel Esprit 1pt EW - 11/1 Sky Surprised to see him go 4 miles, but Willie has confirmed him today and he'll probably be ridden by Katie Walsh. Haven't had a proper look at the race, but Chicago Grey and Some Target are pretty prominent in the market and both look like slow horses to me, while Quel always had a bit of class. If he stays, he'll go really close. I trust master Willie's judgment in this case.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Month is around +3. Will post final results soon. Could have been better, but needed a bit more luck and just one extra winner. Now the real funs stars with Cheltenham, Aintree and Punchestown usually shaping my year. Antepost book looks a lot stronger and so far no major setbacks with my horses. Fingers crossed they are all fine and go there to give me a run for the money :hope

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 RSA Chase Mikael D'Haguenet 1pt win - 14/1 Bet365 (NRNB) Pretty sure he'll run in the RSA and 16s can be taken, but 14s nrnb not a bad option if Willie decides to go Arkle (which is doubtful). Would have won his 1st chasing start when falling at the last. Jessies Dream won that race and on the form, Mikael doesn't look too bad. Bounced nto and the run should be ignored. Last time he was impeded by a faller and could never catch the other 2 that broke clear. Horses don't become bad overnight and think Ruby might be on him instead of Aiteenthirtythree. If it happens, price will tumble. Strongly run 3 miles at Cheltenham might just revive him. He's always been well regarded at home and I won't one bit surprised if he wins the RSA.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Ffos Las 3.35 Jump Up 0.5pt EW - 14/1 Has looked a bit one paced so far. His best effort came in 2m4f soft ground maiden hurdle here when 3rd. 1st and 2nd and 4th all decent hroses and all rated 110+, so on that form my selection could be well handicapped off just 98. If he'll stay the 3 miles is far from certain, but the way he rallied to get the 3rd after being outpaced was promising enough. I thnk me might just well stay todau. Especially with Tom O'Brien on board, who can ride him with restraint and slowly put him into the race. Two handicap runs have been very disappointing so far, but at Hereford he was hampered early and lto 2m3f on good at Taunton looked a sharp test. A bit of a gamble obviously, but I think rider will give this horse a chance today and the race consists of quite a few disappointing sorts running at short enough odds.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 World Hurdle Fiveforthree 1pt EW - 16/1 nrnb Fiveforthree 1pt EW - 8/1 (w/o BB) nrnb The final of the trio I backed antepost last year. Fly, Mikael and him never made it to the festival after injuries, but it's looking a bit better this time round. He's a very classy horse, but due to injuries has never been able to show it. Had a perfect prep this year, one spin over hurdles winning easily over 2 miles and goes to Cheltenham fresh and ready. If he's good enough to beat Big Bucks we'll have to wait and see, but I fancy his chances to be a winner on the other market and defeat Grand Crus and possibly also his stablemate Mourad.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Thanks AK and Monte. Onwards and upwards I hope. Folkestone 4.10 Dunkelly Castle 0.75pt EW - 10/1 A bit of overreaction here. Ran poorly last time, but I'm not sure sharp 3 miles at Huntigdon were ideal. His prior form looks very good and softer ground suits. 2nd to Honourable Arthur, who has won twice since. 3rd behind Major Malarkey and Bobby Gee, probably the two best novice handicap chasers from the early part of the season, both raised quite a bit for recent wins. I think today's trip and track will suit my selection and I'm hopeful of a run for my money at a very big price. Shouldn't be any higher than 6/1 imo. Considering he's by Old Vic, I think the further he goes the better he'll be. Kicking King, Don't Push It and Black Apalachi to name a few.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Ludlow 5.00 Silver Story 0.5pt EW - 14/1 Will find it hard if he meets See Wall and Martha's Kinsman on form, but Jonjo O'Neil and Henry Daly are in terrible form lately and I'll take a chance. He's a reliable horse and will love the ground today. Has shaped a few times as if this trip suits. Trainer in cracking form and at the price a small EW wager is definitely worth it. First time tongue-tie could bring some improvement as well.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Ludlow 4.00 No Panic 0.5pt EW - 25/1 Another speculative one from me today. 3rd in the Scottish National off this mark. Loves good ground and scored few wins last year of similar marks. Probably a spring horse and I wasn't surprised his form went bad in the autumn. Has run well after a break in the past, so few months off could be exactly what he's needed. This looks like a decent race, but I think 25/1 is too big and should be played.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Kim Muir Challenge Cup Junior 1.5pt EW - 10/1 Support last few days and drifting in the Spinal Research, so it's probably going to be the Kim Muir for him. 3rd behind Midnight Chase running an absolute stormer. 2nd over hurdles lto off 5lbs higher. A horse, who gives his all wherever he runs - flat, hurdles, fences. Not sure who of the amateurs would ride him, but have to get as much as possible now, because I think he'd be heavily supported. Highlighted in today's Racing Post and could start a 6/1 fav on the day. Definitely well handicapped and just hoping the jockey booking is a positive one.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Spinal Research Handicap Chase Sunnyhillboy 1pt win - 10/1 Coral NRNB On a very good mark and might reverse form with my main fancy Great Endeavour. Chased him in last year's Plate, but definitely an improver over 3 miles and worth a bet with NRNB guarantee.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Newbury 4.40 Alcalde 0.75pt EW - 6/1 Talented handicapper on the flat for Mark Johnson. Rated 89 placing in good company. Improving over hurdles and won easily lto. Opening mark of 110 looks low on what he's achieved on the flat and John Berry has a very good record with hurdlers. If fav hasn't been protected by Nicholls in order Ruby to win his first race easily, then I think my selection can go close.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Doncaster 2.10 Dubai Crest 0.5pt EW - 15/2 Decent sort on the flat and could turn out to be a good hurdler. Few of the principals in this race have been disappointing in the sphere so far and my selection looks a bit overpriced. Trainer usually buys good horses from the flat and they go onto better things in novice events.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Mileni is having trouble getting on here but asked me to post these Newbury 3.00 Chance Du Roy 1pt win - 16/1 gen Ikorodu Road 1pt win - 8/1 Fred Tail Of The Bank 1pt win - 10/1 Paddy Newbury 2.25 Appleaday 0.75pt EW - 14/1 Lads

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 More for Milen. Still cant seem to get on here ..... PL has eventually banned his IP ! :clap:clap Spinal Research Hcap Chase - Additional 0.5 pt win Bensalem @ 6/1 NRNB (1.5 pts total) 0.5 pt win Sunnyhillboy @ 10/1 NRNB (1.5 pts total) Jewson Novices Chase 1 pt ew Robinson Collonges @ 14/1 Cheltenham Festival - Top Trainer 1 pt win Willie Mullins @ 8/1

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011

Newbury 3.00 Chance Du Roy 1pt win - 16/1 gen Ikorodu Road 1pt win - 8/1 Fred Tail Of The Bank 1pt win - 10/1 Paddy
Gotta love horse racing!! One falls at the first, the other finishing a staying-on 2nd and the 3rd goes badly wrong. Being keen lto just 3L behind Fine Parchment, could have easily reversed form with him today. :\

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Grand Annual Chase I'Msingingtheblues 1pt win - 14/1 Coral NRNB Form this season isn't very inspiring, but I just can't ignore the run behind Tartak over 2m5f, where he traveled all over the field and just didn't stay. He needs good ground and Friday is usually when the ground is the quickest. If he gets it, he'll outrun his odds. Strongly run 2 miles are what he needs and on good ground he's a different horse. Mark has dropped to 144 and if they put Danny Cook on him again (Scu would probably be on Leo's Lucky Star), then I think he'll have a chance.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Huntingdon 3.10 Be My Light 0.75pt EW - 6/1 SJ Bad run lto, but form prior to that very good and this looks like a weak race. Trainer continues in good form and conditional very good value for his claim.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Huntigdon 4.40 Douryna 0.75pt EW - 11/1 Chased Rimini home at Chepstow when falling two out staying on nicely in the home straight. Rimini has been raised a stone since winning at Newbury nto. Also ran a very good 2nd yesterday. If my selection can run to that form, he can win today's race. Good ground Taunton looked a sharp enough test when he finished 3rd. Heavy didn't really suit lto and yard was in a quiet spell. I can see him running a lot better today and Daryl Jacob a big help in the saddle. I think the 11/1 is very good value.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Sedgefield 3.50 Wee George 0.75pt EW - 17/2 Unlucky to fall two weeks ago at Newcastle when a horse jumped in-front of him and he had to jump the fence sideways. His form from last season doesn't look too bad. 3rd off level weights behind La Pantera Rosa and Checkerboard. Both of them higher rated and wining few times after the encounter. At Carlisle on his next start he just failed to get up suggesting 2m4f is what he needs. The horse in 3rd Work Boy has won several races since. I think 78 is ridiculously low mark and Shane Byrne is claiming very handful 5lbs as well. If he gets him jumping I think Wee George will run well.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011

Huntigdon 4.40 Douryna 0.75pt EW - 11/1 Chased Rimini home at Chepstow when falling two out staying on nicely in the home straight. Rimini has been raised a stone since winning at Newbury nto. Also ran a very good 2nd yesterday. If my selection can run to that form, he can win today's race. Good ground Taunton looked a sharp enough test when he finished 3rd. Heavy didn't really suit lto and yard was in a quiet spell. I can see him running a lot better today and Daryl Jacob a big help in the saddle. I think the 11/1 is very good value.
Daryl Jacob easily stone better than Joe Tizzard as a jockey :)

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Thanks mate :ok Ffos Las 2.50 Standing Order 0.5pt EW - 33/1 One paced in bumpers and in hurldes and today's extended trip should suit. Interesting jockey booking today and worth a gamble at the price for me.

Re: Mileni Over The Sticks 2010/2011 Newton Abbot Emergency Exit 0.75pt EW - 7/1 I think this horse wasn't fancying the bigger obstacles and could be very well handicapped now switched back hurdling. 3rd, 4th and 3rd this season off marks in the 120s. Dropped to 109 for this handicap hurdle today and it represents a big drop in class for him. Used to be a good hurdler in Ireland with a win and 3 places from 8 starts. Galloping track and 2m6f should suit and top trainer always knows what he's doing. Round The Horn is 11yo now and this will be his 3rd start in two weeks. Might be well in, but I think he could bounce. The rest all have questions to answer.