Champions League 2009 Winner

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner Champions League Winner 2009 After Barcelona's 0-0 with Chelsea during the week a few bookies have edged Barcelona out to 2/1 which makes me feel there's a bit of value to be had with this, Already felt they had the potential to win with the quality of football and the amount of goals they had been scoring both domestically and in the Champions League, It looks a tough call though as I feel It will be either Manchester United or Chelsea meeting them in the final, If that occurs I think Barcelona might just have that bit more to seal game. Barcelona Champions League winner 2009 2/1 Bet365

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner Why not place a bet on Barcelona to qualify the final, simply, then hopefully place another bet near the 27th May ? It's almost a month still until the CL final and you never know with possible injuries, team form, Spanish league standings etc... You probably won't get worse odds than the 3.00 by waiting and combining rather than going outright now.

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner

Why not place a bet on Barcelona to qualify the final' date=' simply, then hopefully place another bet near the 27th May ? It's almost a month still until the CL final and you never know with possible injuries, team form, Spanish league standings etc... You probably won't get worse odds than the 3.00 by waiting and combining rather than going outright now.[/quote'] Multiple factors will always decide the price as you say... but they can swing it in both ways. If you just backed Barca to reach the final and Arsenal overcame the odds and defeated United in the other semi, Barca would no doubt be shorter in the final vs Arsenal then they would vs Man Utd. Hence, you would get worse odds than the 3.00 on offer now.

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner It's definitely a question of risk vs return... but I think the possible gap in terms of return is more than matched by a reduction of risk. Anyways yesterday's performance at the Bernabéu underlined the case for Barcelona in Europe too.

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner Not sure why Barca is fave in the final ... I layed them to win it all for everything I have in Betfair from 1.8-1.84 ... hoping they drift to evens when people realize they will be missing Abidal and Alves in the final

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner Barca 1.9 United 2.1 Is the current market on Betfair, I'd much closer to evens with United slight favs, esp when you consider both Barcas first choice full backs are suspended for the match. Market appears wrong to me, I'm going to take United at this price for medium to high stakes from simple value terms. Yes, I'm a United fan, but this isn't an heart over head bet, if Barca were priced 2.1 vs 1.9 for United I'd take them, I'd price the game outright like this United 1.97 Barca 2.03 Might be a good idea to Sticky this thread :unsure

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner 44k at 2.10 now. I guess we're seeing people with Bets on United at lager odds trying to lay some off and green up their book. Remember the vast weight on money on United traded around 3.0 - 4.5 The market hasn't really wised up to where it's going to price this game, Paddy Power have both teams odds on to lift the cup which is a scandel, they have United favs at 10/11 and Barca at 4/5. Laddies have Barca slight favs, same with Bet365. The markets will converge when the money starts to hit, the 20 pt diff in the current market will fall to 3 or 4 pts in either direction. This is a classic bet and lay situation, give it a 48 - 72 hours and the market will correct. I'm piling into United at this price with the aim of laying off a good chunk once they fall below 2.05. Total no brainer in my book

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner I was hoping Barca would get that late winner. Knew the market would overreact and price up Barca the way they have ... united already came down from 2.26 so I'm already green (for now) ... just surprised with the amount layed at 2.10 Seems like one guy too ... I was watching over the market and the odds on Man U were coming down slowly and then boom 66k at 2.10 out of no where (66k US that is)

Champions League Winner 2009 After Barcelona's 0-0 with Chelsea during the week a few bookies have edged Barcelona out to 2/1 which makes me feel there's a bit of value to be had with this, Already felt they had the potential to win with the quality of football and the amount of goals they had been scoring both domestically and in the Champions League, It looks a tough call though as I feel It will be either Manchester United or Chelsea meeting them in the final, If that occurs I think Barcelona might just have that bit more to seal game. Barcelona Champions League winner 2009 2/1 Bet365
Hoping Barcelona now go odds on as I could then lay them.

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner Barca are odds on, have been all week market still hasn't moved the way i expected, still 25 grand avail for United at 2.1 which surprises me. Still expect convergence to occur though.

Re: Champions League 2009 Winner I can't see a Barca win here. Barca are missing two mainstays once again, they were lucky to only concede one versus Chelsea and had their only shot on target score in the 93rd minute. Man United are better than Chelsea right now. No problems finishing off chances, something which Drogba has struggled with all season. Look for Ferguson's men to expose Barca's ongoing vulnerabilities from corners and set pieces to make it 2-0, 3-0 or 3-1. With a bit of luck Barca will have a goalfest in their next couple of matches to keep the price for them artificially low. Main pick: Manchester United to win (2.76 on Betfair) Secondary picks: Manchester United 2-0 (14.5 on Betfair) Manchester United 3-0 (32 on Betfair) Manchester United 3-1 (30 on Betfair)

Barca are odds on, have been all week market still hasn't moved the way i expected, still 25 grand avail for United at 2.1 which surprises me. Still expect convergence to occur though.
Market has moved exactly as expected, Barca @ 1.98 United @ 2.0 2 pt gap which is fair enough, the 20pt gap of eariler was a total nonsense, trading out a bit now, have fully greened up my position here. All good, hope others took my advice

• 3 weeks later...

Champions League Winner 2009 After Barcelona's 0-0 with Chelsea during the week a few bookies have edged Barcelona out to 2/1 which makes me feel there's a bit of value to be had with this, Already felt they had the potential to win with the quality of football and the amount of goals they had been scoring both domestically and in the Champions League, It looks a tough call though as I feel It will be either Manchester United or Chelsea meeting them in the final, If that occurs I think Barcelona might just have that bit more to seal game. Barcelona Champions League winner 2009 2/1 Bet365
:beer