** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

BOG-trotting with bet365

slapdash

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365 Hi Slapdash. Been following this thread and your one for SJ over the last week or 2 and I've made a nice little profit so thanks! :ok Just wondering if you could explain again how you make your selections. I know at the start of this thread you say its mainly based on the price compared to the rest of the market but do you just get this info via a website? Good luck for this week and thanks again! :nana

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365

Hi Slapdash. Been following this thread and your one for SJ over the last week or 2 and I've made a nice little profit so thanks! :ok Just wondering if you could explain again how you make your selections. I know at the start of this thread you say its mainly based on the price compared to the rest of the market but do you just get this info via a website? Good luck for this week and thanks again! :nana
For the win-only bets (the each way bets are a bit more complicated): I look at an odds comparison site that shows Betfair odds, and look for horses at 4/1 or below where Bet365 has best (or equal best) odds of all traditional bookmakers and the odds comparison site suggests that the Betfair odds are also lower. Then I check on Betfair, and if the lay price on offer on Betfair is lower than the Bet365 odds, it's a selection. For marginal selections I'll occasionally tweak this a bit, but that's pretty much it.

Re: BOG-trotting with bet365

for ew bets, you select races that pays 3 places and 1/4 ew odds or if the price allow you take a 1/5 ew odd? does it matters hoe many positions are pay? tks!
For the each-way bets I look at the lay prices in the Betfair win and place markets. I'm looking for cases where the place odds I get in an each-way bet are significantly better than the lay place odds on Betfair, and the win odds I'm getting are at worst very slightly lower than the Betfair win odds. I generally only look at races which are likely to have good place terms (mostly 16+ runner handicaps which pay 1/4 odds for four places, and races with an odds-on favourite, but sometimes I'll spot something in other races). This is less mechanical than the win bets, as there are more things I will take into account (e.g., I'll want more of an apparent edge in a 16-runner handicap than an 18-runner handicap, as there's a higher chance that it will drop to 15 runners, and only three places paid, because of non-runners. Or if Bet365 pay five places, which they occasionally do in big handicaps, that's obviously a plus. Or if it's a very close call, I may be swayed if the race qualifies for the Channel 4 4/1+ offer).