** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April Been a terrible week for me so far but I'm hoping to repair some of the damage with 3 bets in today's 2balls. 3pts H.Mahan to beat A.Kim 11/8 Coral Match tees off at 18.15 BST. Hunter Mahan is an exceptionally solid golfer and he takes on the flashy, high quality but also erratic Anthony Kim in this match. The pins today are going to be hard to find and a lot of patience will be needed to negotiate the golf course. Iron shots are going to be keen into the greens today and that's where I feel Mahan has the edge. Anthony Kim will go at the pins from the 1st but if he's slightly awry he could run up some big numbers. Mahan will hit the greens and give himself chances and being the more solid of the two I'll take him to win this match. 3pts T.Clark to beat S.O'Hair 6/5 Blue Square Match tees off at 18.55 BST. Tim Clark is another solid golfer and he takes on a highly talented American here in Sean O'Hair who has it all without perhaps the experience around here on a Sunday. Tim Clark has been a runner up around here before and if the front two do falter he's got the ability to go round in 68 and get himself right in the mix. O'Hair will have to go for it from the off and take a few risks. He faltered when Woods was pushing him at the Arnold Palmer 2 weeks ago and I'll take the more experienced South African to win this one. 3pts S.Katayama to beat T.Hamilton 21/20 Paddy Power Match tees off at 19.05 BST. Credit to Todd Hamilton, from nowhere he's found his game again to be in contention to win this event but I sense today is where he gets found out. His scores have been getting progressively worse as the week has gone on whereas Shingo Katayama looks very solid. His 70 yesterday was much better than the number itself suggested and at -6 he'll feel he's not entirely out of it. It's going to be tricky conditions today but I fancy the more consistent Japanese player to beat the former Open champion.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April And one outright too. 1pt ew S.Stricker to win The Masters (w/o Cabrera & Perry) 7/1 Skybet (1/4 1,2,3) Steve Stricker has put himself in the mix for this tournament with a 69 and a 68 in the trickier scoring conditions of the last two days and I feel he's going in the right direction to actually challenge for the tournament outright. It's a leaderboard packed with quality names though and that task could just be beyond him but there's no reason why he can't be the one chasing home the two leaders. This tournament tends to be won from the final group on a Sunday so I'll prefer to keep Perry and Cabrera out of the equation and I'll take Stricker to win this without those two safe in the knowledge that he can come 5th and still make a profit if the two 3rd round leaders stay above him.

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April so, ive got Tiger, lefty & Cabera now in my bets all going for it. Furyk is 12's & Campbell 15/2 with Perry 11/4 just deciding whether to cover all those 3 off now also to secure a win? I am confused as i dont know who to lay, when to lay etc now aarrrghh or just sit back & enjoy but thinking of the bank balance! Tiger is my biggest winner with Mickleson 2nd & Cabera 3rd (covered EW)

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April as soon as i posted that, we had a 3 shot swing with Lefty double bogey & Campbell / furyk birdies!! Fcuk it those prices went so quick, i got 7's on Furyk but exposed on perry & campbell winning.

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April I took Furyk in running at 11-2, he double bogeyed and played awful and was soon 28's. :wall I then took Mickelson when he had to drop in for an eagle, he missed so that one went by too. :wall Checked odds for Perry and he was 4/5, left it alone but he looks the most likely winner now as long as nothing silly.

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April yea the prices are jumping about all over the place, ive nearly worn out my f5 button!! i had a big bet on woods on day one at 10/3, was pleased at the time with that price. to still finish -9 and never really get going i think shows just how good he is, especially considering hes had such a long time out of the game, quality looking like perry, well done everyone that backed him

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April What a day of golf this has been :eek:eek. Can't recall seeing a better one. The golf Mickelson and Woods played was out of this world. Mickelson's 2nd to the 7th has to be the very best single shot I've ever seen :eek. Now a 3 man playoff. What a playoff it'll be. You've got Cabrera who bombs it, Perry who is straight as a die and Chad who is the best putter of the 3 :loon. Impossible to call this but if I was betting now I'd take the outsider of the 3 although it could be hard for Perry to come up 18 after that.

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April Woods / Mickelson duel was class, then so was the play off was drama :clap Dunno how Cabrera won it after that shocking tee shot on 18 :eek Felt sorry for Perry, he really blew it there :(

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April well at one point i thought the 225/1 forecast of woods / lefty was going to happen! Lefty really should have posted -12 at least after coming to the turn -10 (-6 for the day). He double bogeyed the par 3 going in the water& then missed 2 four foot putts, all in all cost him 4 shots. Tiger himself should have sank more putts. My only winner in the play off was Cabrera so was shouting him on but thought he had blown it until Perry came off the rails. Great 4 days :ok

Re: The Masters Golf Tournament 2009 - Thurs 9th April - Sun 12th April Well in the end a dissapointing finale for me personally to end -13.95. Going into the last day I felt Furyk would at least place like he so often does in the majors but not to be. One has to say though it was thrilling golf and a 'proper' masters after the last couple of years. Woods and Mickelson had an enjoyable duel, fair to say they really do not like each other but made for good golf and certainly enough was seen of it. Arguably a little bit too much because someone like Chad Campbell, who ultimately had a putt to win, I only saw about 2 or 3 live shots he played on the front nine. Still at the end of the day a good winner. Cabrera has the makings of a player for the course, belts it a long way and decent chipper around the greens but he was very hard to recommend on current form, I think since the end of 2007 he hadnt even had a top 5 and had dropped out of the worlds top 50. Ultimately though it will probably go down as much as the masters perry lost. He went a round and a half without a bogey and then bogeys the last two holes he plays to go into a play off which somehow Cabrera wins after his tee shot. I wonder if Perry will bother turning up for the other majors this year and try and make ammends.