Doncaster 29th March

2.00 All in the red has come into a bit of form over the all weather, step up in trip today not a massive problem as has run over longer trips in past drop of 3lb in handicap last win on turf came off the mark of 70 todays mark is 67 and jockey claiming 3lb which is a boost 0.5pt e/w all in the red 3.05 Smarty socks comes here fit unlike some of other possibly and in winning ways, although only just got a win on turf last year on 2nd from last chance, but has been running nicely over the all weather at this trip. Handicapper a big threat today hasnt won off a mark so high and would need to pull a lot out of the bag to take this but is a great e/w shot! 0.5pt e/w Smarty socks 3.40 Young mick is only one of 2 in the race where fitness isnt an issue with a productive spell out in dubai and won a good looking handicap out there, has won off higher handicap marks than todays. 1pt win Young Mick 4.50 Rupestrian comes here race fit and in winning ways, looks well treated in handicap debut and staying the trip no problem winning over 12f at lingfield recently. Fanning riding again. 2pt win rupestrian 5.20 Deep winter looked brilliant last summer with more and more improvement each race recieving a 4lb rise since last race but doesnt look at all harsh has 2 runs over this trip and won both those, obvious questions is is she race fit only this race will tell like with many other todays!! 1pt win Deep Winter

Re: Doncaster 29th March I'll only be playing in the sprint tomorrow (4.15). Pace-check 01 >>> 02 >>> 03 >>> 04 >>> 05 >>>>>> 06 >>>>>>>>> 07 >>>> 08 >>>>>>>>>>>> 10 >>>>>>> 11 >>> 12 >>> 13 >>>>>>>>> 14 >>>>>>>>> 15 >>>>>>>>> 16 >>> 17 >>>>>>>> 18 >>> 19 >>> 20 >>>>>>>>>>> 21 >>>>> 22 >>>>>>>>>> Stall 9 - N/R Bel Cantor is the only guaranteed front-runner drawn in the bottom half (8), but given he is likely to be outclassed and is FTO (only the 3rd time in his 60 race career that he has had 5 months between races). It may result in him running freely and leading at a frantic pace, but it could also result in him tired and him running backwards at halfway - I just don't know. Baldemar (6) is the only other runner that is guaranteed to be up there early as Mullein's (9) tactics have changed from race to race. So, there is a slight concern that the majority of the low draws could get too far behind. Don't let this put you off backing a low drawn, I am actually backing a horse drawn low myself, as well as one drawn high. And after all a pace-check like this is far more reliable later in the season when all runners are fit and well. :ok

Re: Doncaster 29th March Doncaster 14:30 Double digit draws have done well since 2002 for this race; 6 renewals. 4 wins, 2 seconds, 3 thirds draw from 10 to 12. That is 8 from 18 top three spots filled by runners drawn from 10 to 12. 10; 2nd, 1st [TODAY: Feet Of Fury] 11; 1st, 2nd, 1st [TODAY: Winrob] 12; 3rd, 3rd, 1st [TODAY: Olympic Dream] 6 previously raced and 2 on debut. Winrob Debut. Trainer Patrick Morris is winless from 22 runs this year. Olympic Dream Finished 17th and 20th in last two but they were in a 160K and 113K event. Drop into a 5K event should make it easier on him. Feet of Fury Stall #10 Jockey J F Egan return to England after two dissapionting runs in Dubai yesterday. His form here since 07 Mar 09 is 1342166. One win from two over 7 furlongs. Feet of Fury is his first of three rides today. 6th and 4th from two career starts. Dam is halt-sister to smart 12 time winner in US Saltry Sea. Trainer W M Brisbourne have 2 wins and 1 placed third from the last 8 runners. Going with this one because of having highest RPF (25-1) and form improvement from two runs. 5PTS EW

Re: Doncaster 29th March 415 Donc: ADVANCED E/W (18/1 B365) Won the Ayr Gold Cup off 109, second at Haydock and Beverley in July/August last year off 104, goes today off a mark of only 95 with in-form and very capable Amy Ryan taking a further 7lbs off. I may be biased towards a stable I really like and towards a horse who has been very good for me, but I think that 18/1 taken e/w is an absolute steal here. :hope

Re: Doncaster 29th March 4.15 Doncaster Thebes arrives in good form. A recent winner at Wolverhampton in this grade over this trip he possesses plenty of speed and from a high draw here he makes plenty of appeal. He is raised 3 lbs from his latest win which equals his previous career high but he is open to further improvement as has to command respect as a Mark Johnston runner. At around 9/1 I think he will go well.

Re: Doncaster 29th March 2.30 Makaamen 8/11 bet3 bog 10 pts There are a few unknowns in this race but of those who have run, the Hills runner appeals. The yard like having their runners at this track and this one looked smart on its only run last season. It ran a stormer on its debut at hq to be behind the classy stoute horse, evasive who went onto win a group race on its next start which was a real boost to this colt who showed loads of promise on that first run and looks to have a good opportunity to win here. 3.05 Minority Report 20/1 sky 5 pts e.w A runner who should like the ground. Always run better on quicker surfaces and despite losing his way for virtually the whole of last season, he bounced back of an attractive mark to win on his last start. He certainly has declined somewhat, he was mid 90s and now is just 80 but he has always appreciated better ground and he gets it today. He is drawn 9 which was the draw to be yesterday for what that maybe worth but claims today. 3.40 Tastahil 3/1 sky 10 pts Only won once so far in his career but this might be an opportunity to add to his win tally. Last season ran some top races behind some top sorts who were difficult to beat on the days he met them, for example subsequent breeders cup winner muhannak, folk opera, bankable and magicalmysterytour to name a few who were ahead of their marks when tastahil ran into them. At times he looks like he may need a bit further but with a likely strong pace today he ciuld just get away with it. 4.15 Thebes 10/1 tote 5 pts e.w Like this one back at 6f. At 6f I think it is a better horse myself, 4 wins from 9 at effectively this distance compared to 2 from 8 outside 6f. When it runs over further it often just falls late on and at times it has been a recurring story so no surprise to see it at 6f today and could go very well. It has a high draw but most likely will be up there for most of the way and as I say at this distance it is not that badly handicapped for me. 4.50 Gitano Hernando 5/2 pp bog 10 pts Was a progressive horse last season. Only midfield on debut but progressed well after. Was a good second at brighton when lead that day only to find headline act too strong and that one previously had run well in decent races so it was fair form. What was most impressive about this one though was its subsequent win when on the a.w it won cosily it front os some possible nice types and it really was quite an eye catching win. Stepping up in trip today shouldn’t be a problem at all, indeed it should help and decent claims.

Re: Doncaster 29th March 3.05 Doncaster A maximum field of 22 going to post for this Class 4 handicap over 7f. Again, it's an open heat and difficult to determine where the draw might be best but the only confirmed front runner, El Dececy, is drawn against the stands rail so I'll be sticking to high numbers. That rules out the hot fav ridden by Spencer, Last Sovereign, drawn in 1. In any case, I would not be taking 3/1 about any horse in a handicap, especially ridden by the hold up merchant. A big field here but easy to discount the chances of many of these. One I do fear is Carlitos Spirit, under Robert Winston, but the pick for me is from the lower reaches of the handicap in: Koraleva Tectona (14/1 >William Hill) - Has just 8st8 to carry here which could prove to be a very lenient mark and from the combo who saddled the Brocklesby winner yesterday, proving horses in good heart. Berthed well in stall 16 so no worries over its draw position and a horse that is flexible in terms of racing style. Lightly raced type with only 10 career starts, winning 2 and placing in 3 more. Last term, started handicaps with 3 3rds on the trot before finishing midfield at Newmarket when made fav. Since then, absolutely bolted up at Ponty over 6f when suited by the drop from 1m. Then it had far too much weight for a 3yo carrying almost 10st, more than enough to stop it off a revised mark of 70, before realising that 6f might be a little too short for this maturing type. However, the best is heavily based on its likely improvement from 3 to 4yo as it looks a nice, big type with plenty of scope and also its last run last season when winning a 5 runner race, in this grade off 72. Improved for the step back up to 7f and kept on really well, whilst looking a really straight forward horse. Only raised 3lb for that race which looks lenient for a horse that I expect to improve quite a bit this term and I'm more than happy to be on this horse at very big odds, paying the first 4 home. 4.15 Doncaster 2 NR's reducing this field to 20 for a very competitive 6f sprint handicap, Class 2. Many of the usual suspects line up but the hot fav is the unexposed bottom weight, Palace Moon, from the Hughie Morrison yard. Could easily be a blip but I'll oppose in the heat of a cavalry charge. Dandy Nicholls often holds the key to these races and today might prove to be no exception. He is responsible for 6 of the 20 strong field and it's with the sprint king that my money will be on, in the shape of: Northern Fling (12/1 SportingBet) - Just 1lb off top weight and deservedly so, I feel this horse is in with a great shout. Drawn in 14 and that might just be ok for this horse, another that is versatile with regards to racing style but should be ideally suited being held up just off the pace. Now a 5yo, we might finally see this horse fulfil its undoubted potential and it wouldn't surprise me to see this horse in Listed company in the near future. Has won on this track which is always a plus, and won first time up last term, off a mark just 1lb lower than todays. Was punished for that win last term and immediately raised to 103. Looking at its last 6 races last season off 100+, the form doesn't look brilliant at face value but you just have to look deeper. Included in that are 2 runs where soft ground was against this horse, a 3rd of 16 when too far off the pace but finished well, a 5L 8th of 27 when drawn on completely the wrong side, 9th of 26 when finishing well but the 5f was too sharp and a 3L 8th of 27 when very unlucky as it had to contend with a badly hanging horse for much of the way before again finishing well. Those were good races too, including the Wokingham, Hong Kong Sprint, Stewards Cup, Portland and the Ayr Gold Cup - a decent set of events, I'm sure you'll agree. Has raced twice in Dubai this term, finished unplaced in a really nice G3 before finishing 1L 4th in a 50K handicap. Had to lead that day and finished best of the prominent racers. Also, sweated up badly beforehand and was beaten by a genuine Group horse. I just hope this horse finally gets a bit of luck here and I'm very hopeful of a win here at double figure odds.

Re: Doncaster 29th March At the start of the Flat I'm looking at lightly raced horses in class 2 and heritage handicaps........and my 'gut feeling' is that around 15 runs or less qualifies as 'lightly raced' for 4 year olds and upwards. 4-15 Donc - class 2 handicap sprint. Short list of 5........ Runs - Horse - OR 16 Thebes (91) - last win 88, lost 1 since, won class 2. Won 6F 14 Harrison George (90) - last win 83, lost 3 since, better soft or 7F ?, not won above class 4 13 Baldemar (88) - last win 84, lost 2 since, better g/s ?, trainer form not great, not won above class 4 13 Good Gorsoon (89) - last win 84, lost 4, trainer back in form now, not won above class 4 3 Palace Moon (88) - not won hcap, trainer out of form, not won above class 5 Palace Moon is the favourite and looks to be well handicapped on his run in a conditions race last time out and he might improve a lot, but he's pretty short priced, so I'm dumping him I'm also dumping Harrison George as I reckon the ground might be against him and he has the most to find from his last win Leaves me with 3 against the field........ Thebes, currently 8/1 Baldemar, currently 28/1 Good Gorsoon, currently 9/1

Re: Doncaster 29th March

415 Donc: ADVANCED E/W (18/1 B365) Won the Ayr Gold Cup off 109, second at Haydock and Beverley in July/August last year off 104, goes today off a mark of only 95 with in-form and very capable Amy Ryan taking a further 7lbs off. I may be biased towards a stable I really like and towards a horse who has been very good for me, but I think that 18/1 taken e/w is an absolute steal here. :hope
sweets from a baby:beer