Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09

Her 2.35 Prairie Spirit 1 pt win Bit of a gamble with this one because he has a mixed profile but potentially this one is dangerous on his handicap debut. He is an extremely rare case of a horse who did have a higher rating on the flat than on hurdles, so low is his hurdle rating. His hurdle form showed nothing first two starts but lto was a bit more encouraging. He finished third, beaten a fair way but plugged on at the same pace and was ahead of some potentially ok sorts, ie. Character Building's brother, a fifth who wasnt disgraced afterwards. His french flat form does look fair, he won a few times generally on apparently softer surfaces and has a mark of 85 now but that was in the 90s to start with over here. After his poor hurdle career start, he was tried on the flat over here and showed very little so that is concerning. It should be noted that at time the trainers lack of form hasnt helped. However lto over hurdles there was a bit more hope and first time in a handicap today in what looks just an ordinary race there is some hope. Faster ground is an unknown but there is an american influence in the pedigree which suggests faster ground may be fine and he may be of note in his handicap bow.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Towcester 2.45pm 1pt lay Chunky Lad Horse should go off at lowest odds for at least the last 5 races,LTO winning at 17/2 just and from notes jumping was not smooth allround but did get its head in front just. The field i like today with for me a few that really stand out and a few down the betting that look like they could get a good run at good odds,so for me the lay looks good. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 3.55 Tow. Menelaus. 0.5pt e/w. Heavy ground didn't suit on it's last run so i'll ignore that.Previous to that it ran well at Catterick over 26f,a mistake 2 out cost him as he managed to pick up again to finnish strongly and get 3rd.This horse also has course and distance form,winning twice on soft and good to firm ground.R.P. Flint takes 5lbs off his back.I'm hoping the better ground and better jumping will be enough to at least grab a place.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Carlisle 4.10 Open De L'Isle WIN Taking a little chance today as I have been waiting for this one to be stepped up in trip. Having watched it's last few efforts with interest over 2m-2m1f (hurdles) has been tapped for toe at crucial points before staying on and ending up never nearer than at the finish line. Previous form over this kind of trip doesn't inspire confidence but I had it marked down as one to follow stepped up in trip so will put my money where my mouth is. Ground conditions aren't ideal as would prefer a little cut (good to soft ideally) but with the forecast rain (already with us 40miles over the Border), every chance that by 4.10 the ground could have softened enough to play into this one's hands. James Ewart's horses still regularly making the frame and very decent claimer on board taking off what could prove to be a crucial 7lbs.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 420 Hereford: Zorro De La Vega One or two tipped this up when it went in last time, won very easily and now he's got his head in front he may start to reach the heights of his former rating which was 110, the 7lb penalty puts him here off 83 so more than capable of winning this. Needs this decent ground to show his best.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Hereford 16:20 - Marked Man The stable run two here and I prefer the 13 year old Marked Man, he steps back in trip to 2m 3f where he is a c&d winner here twice, the ground should be right up his street, has not won for over two years which is a worry however this looks quite a weak contest and if he can produce some of his old form then he should be good enough to go close. 0.5pts e/w

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 My sel the last two days well thought out, but both ran badly, to-day. again taking a chance in the Car. 2-10 Toy Gun 10-1 EW Won over c/d twice but it's last two runs ,Pu, but it's turned out, quickly, so not much wrong with it. Cornerback and Garleton both won there last outing, so will be thereabouts.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 440 Southwell - Supsonic ew Should improve for the step back up in trip and drop in grade after finding the trip too short last time. He seems to like it here with form fiures of 312 and the favourite needs to prove himself on the surface.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Woody awesome destroyed the field 18l winner

Her 2.35 Prairie Spirit 1 pt win Bit of a gamble with this one because he has a mixed profile but potentially this one is dangerous on his handicap debut. He is an extremely rare case of a horse who did have a higher rating on the flat than on hurdles' date=' so low is his hurdle rating. His hurdle form showed nothing first two starts but lto was a bit more encouraging. He finished third, beaten a fair way but plugged on at the same pace and was ahead of some potentially ok sorts, ie. Character Building's brother, a fifth who wasnt disgraced afterwards. His french flat form does look fair, he won a few times generally on apparently softer surfaces and has a mark of 85 now but that was in the 90s to start with over here. After his poor hurdle career start, he was tried on the flat over here and showed very little so that is concerning. It should be noted that at time the trainers lack of form hasnt helped. However lto over hurdles there was a bit more hope and first time in a handicap today in what looks just an ordinary race there is some hope. Faster ground is an unknown but there is an american influence in the pedigree which suggests faster ground may be fine and he may be of note in his handicap bow.[/quote']

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 4.45 Carlisle Ikemba finished a close second to Sabrelight over CD last time out and that was a much better effort from him after pulling up at Uttoxeter when seen previously in November. He has only had two starts over fences so there could be more to come for this relatively unexposed sort who is running off the same mark as last time out (although is actually 1 lb worse off as out of the handicap here). 1 pt win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 4.20 Hereford - Zorro De La Vega Backed him last time and I think he can beat Jacks Lad again. Will be 7lbs worse in the weights, but scored very easily lto and once a much higher rated horse I think his mark is still lowish. Main danger is a NR, so at 2/1 he's worth a punt.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09

Carlisle 4.10 Open De L'Isle WIN Taking a little chance today as I have been waiting for this one to be stepped up in trip. Having watched it's last few efforts with interest over 2m-2m1f (hurdles) has been tapped for toe at crucial points before staying on and ending up never nearer than at the finish line. Previous form over this kind of trip doesn't inspire confidence but I had it marked down as one to follow stepped up in trip so will put my money where my mouth is. Ground conditions aren't ideal as would prefer a little cut (good to soft ideally) but with the forecast rain (already with us 40miles over the Border), every chance that by 4.10 the ground could have softened enough to play into this one's hands. James Ewart's horses still regularly making the frame and very decent claimer on board taking off what could prove to be a crucial 7lbs.
nice one :ok

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 CC fantastic tipping mate! Im 2 from 2 in my lucky 15...your selection open d l'isle being one at 7/1 and captain carey the other at 16/1!!! ( tipped up on attheraces) Hoping my last 2 come in!! one of them being tipped up in the bbotd twice in Zorro de la vega! Already had 3 from 4 in my first lucky 15...had prairie spirit, swiss art and imprims tagula....was let down by rippling ring who was completely awful!!

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Wolverhampton 7-20 Den Maschine Win Reasonably well bred and making his debut on the flat in what looks a poor maiden. There was money for him on his sole run over hurdles so should have some ability and is available at a massive price

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Wolverhampton 7-20 mark Johnstons horses are in great form at present and he does well with his runners at Wolverhampton. The form of the horses with experience looks moderate so it may pay to go with one of the newcomers. Stagecoach Jade looks the best of the newcomers. Stagecoach Jade 1pt Win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 9.20 Wolverhampton gone for tartan gigha is one of 2 with a 6lb penalty for recent wins, tartan has a little more race experience and was a length in front of a very nice looking dvinsky looked to have a lot left in tank for the step up in trip tonight! Win tartan gigha

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09 Cheers Spooner, Kauto, Kaabel :ok - had been waiting for this one so was pleased to see it go in. Some decent winners in here today, well done Woody, Zero, Welshman, AK and a beauty from Linbo (17/2 :loon)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Thur 26/3/09

Cheers Spooner, Kauto, Kaabel :ok - had been waiting for this one so was pleased to see it go in. Some decent winners in here today, well done Woody, Zero, Welshman, AK and a beauty from Linbo (17/2 :loon)
15/2 even - ooops :$