** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Cup 9th April....

Thursday 9 April 2009 Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Shakhtar v Marseille (17:30BST) 2.10 3.35 4.10 101.86 % Details »
Hide « Shakhtar v Marseille
Hamburger SV v Manchester City (19:45BST) 2.14 3.40 4.00 101.14 % Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v Manchester City
PSG v Dynamo Kyiv (19:45BST) 2.20 3.40 3.75 101.53 % Details »
Hide « PSG v Dynamo Kyiv
Werder Bremen v Udinese (19:45BST) 1.72 3.90 5.80 100.78 % Details »
Dont see anything about this at the moment but just thought id do a few checks as bet365 has odds up already and im amazed! for: Hamburg to beat Man City (man city terrible away humburg i love for beating galatasary!) Shakhtar to beat Marseille (shakhtar class team and they beat my picks to win it last round! and most teams dont travel to shakhtar well) Werder Bremen to beat Udinese (dont know about this one yet but werder raise it for uefa it seems and udinese i dont rate that much from what ive seen) but its like 6.5 to 1 for the treble :) got to check the stats more etc but im pretty sure this could be a good few selections.... what do you guys and girls think? sorry i didnt start it how u normally do but i dont know how to do the selections thing at the top! thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Man C to win as they dont have anything else to play for and need to win something to entice champion players to the club.. Werder to win Zenit to win Shakhtar to win. the french teams will try to win the league as will hamburg.

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... OM at @4.0.WOW.I always back Shakhtar at home but OM could be too strong for them.It's just a feeling.Shakhtar lost domestic game 1-0 last weekend and OM won 3-0 against SE. @4.0 looks great :hope I would also try Dynamo Kiev on DNB.All their strikers are back and fuly fit.I'll go for surprice here.Odds are great too. ..."The Parisian side are hampered by injury worries in defence. Left back Sylvian Armand is out with a sprained knee and centre backs Mamadou Sakho and Sammy Traore are doubtful"... Dynamo Kiev +0.5AH @1.73 at bet365 GL

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Adding the To Qualify market

Thursday 9 April 2009 Team 1 Team 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Shakhtar v Marseille (17:30BST) 2.00 2.02 99.50 % Details »
Hide « Shakhtar v Marseille
Hamburger SV v Manchester City (19:45BST) 2.00 1.97 100.76 % Details »
Hide « Hamburger SV v Manchester City
PSG v Dynamo Kyiv (19:45BST) 1.90 2.05 101.41 % Details »
Hide « PSG v Dynamo Kyiv
Werder Bremen v Udinese (19:45BST) 1.61 2.46 102.56 % Details »
Hide « Werder Bremen v Udinese

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April....

Man C to win as they dont have anything else to play for and need to win something to entice champion players to the club..
Okay that "might" be a reason for them to play quite well. But I see many factors speaking against a Manchester City win. First of all they play against Hamburg. Coach Jol said on TV (Sunday morning) that they want to achieve something in Uefa-Cup and he critized clubs like Aston Villa that they just put in their reserve teams to continue more concentrated in league. He kept on saying that they (Hamburg, though without him) played the whole last season to get into UefaCup and he claims that he now doesnt want to give that just away because of good chances to win the Bundesliga. Additionally Hamburg is quite strong at home, Guerrero who got injured in last match against Hoffenheim gonna be able to play probably. On top of that, it is well known that Man City kind of sucks away from home and it will be a though task to even get one point here. Man City +0,5 could be a good bet, but I would go for Hamburg 0 (AH) even though it is quite short price :ok

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Everyone can beat Man City at home :lol Man City away record is just crap.Even Aalborg beat them 2-0. Man City's last 6 away matches record 0-2-4 says all. Hamburg are very strong at home so i do belive they can win this one.Odds are good as well.I'll be waiting for Hamburg latest team news before i back them. Looks like Olic and Petric will play.Price is going down. Hamburg to win @2.0 at bet365 GL

Man C to win as they dont have anything else to play for and need to win something to entice champion players to the club.. Werder to win Zenit to win Shakhtar to win. the french teams will try to win the league as will hamburg.
Sorry Zenit is code for Kiev!!

Yeah I fancy Shakhtar aswell' date=' very good team and they lost in their domestic league match because I heard they rested lots of players.[/quote'] Wrong!Shakhtar was playing with full squad! I was on Shakhtar against CSKA when they won 2-0 but this time i'm gonna chase the value.OM is a great team and @4.00 on them is wow. Medium stake on OM double chance @1.72 Small stake on OM to win @4.00 All bets placed with bet365 :hope

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Another play I like in this game is Shakhtar to score early, h.t/f.t bet - Shakhtar's system is flying at teams from the off ( we where 2 down in 8 minutes when I was out there, wasnt even in the stadium ) not got the stats handy but Im sure they do score early on in games regularly in European competitions, crowd are always right up for the football also.

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Hamburg - Man City Both to score 1.9 @ Bet365 Bastian Reinhardt, Thimothee Atouba, Romeo Castelen, Maxim Choupo-Moting, Guy Demel and Alex Silva are sidelined through injury. Hamburg with a lot of injuries.. City has not scored in the last 6 or 7 matches on the road...this bad record has to come to an end...also Robinho as been very criticised, so tomorrow when facing a german side, with some defense problems in the past, i think he will get back to the scoring sheet. Over 2.5 at 2.2 is overpriced also, IMO.

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Hamburg are so unpredictable in my eyes, i had money on them before at home in UEFA and only drawed will olic missing alot of chances..don't get me wrong Hamburg are a good team but they make 20 chances on goal only score 2/3..always leak goals at the back aswell so both teams to score mite be better off with this game. just be careful betting on hamburg..my advice;)

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Shakhtar v Marseille Marseille had good win at the weekend against Saint-Etienne but it wasen't just a win it was a good 0-3 win with Saint-Etienne pretty strong at home so Marseille will be very confident and can score goals. Shakhtar have the 1 leg home advantage and will want to show that infront of home fans behind them. I think both teams will go for this game and both teams was in the champions league so both classy teams with potential. Both teams to score - 1.90 - looks to good to take for me. PSG v Dynamo Kyiv again two strong teams with Dynamo Kyiv winning last game 0-2 and PSG also winning at home 2-1 last weekend. PSG are strong them when selecting there first team squad but when they rest guily, makelle and Hoarau they miss alot of quality. You would of thought PSG play there full squad in this game but i think they leak alot of goals at the back with Dynamo Kyiv classy players sure to score a goal in this game. Both teams to score - 1.95 - looks to good to take for me. my opinion:ok:hope

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Hi, I think about to pick one German team to win at home tonight in the UEFA-Cup. I am more confident to back Bremen as they really have to save their terrible season with the win of the UEFA-Cup. So far they won all of their 12 home-matches against Italian teams. Bremen also has a very good offence and only Daniel Jensen is missing for the match against Udinese, whereas Udinese will miss Di Natale. Hamburg against Man City looks to me as an under match. Hamburg has a couple of players who are not 100% fit. Overall the squad does not have a lot of energy left if considering how many matches they have played so far. So I would prefer to go for the Under instead of going for a home-victory. Cheers celticmad

Are they fresh injuries?Do they always play in start 11?If they are not fresh injuries then no worries.Hamburg won last 4 games anyway. Olic,Petric and Trochowski should start :)
All players injured for Hamburg (Bastian Reinhardt, Thimothee Atouba, Romeo Castelen, Maxim Choupo-Moting, Guy Demel and Alex Silva) are described as "key" to them. I would be cautious when backing Hamburg, despite Manchester Citys away form, they still posess a talented group of players more than capable of winning this competition. I've mentioned in the UK forum previously that Citys away form can be pinpointed in their ability to regain a winning position after conceding. Although, as I stated previously they have a talented group of individuals, often when they go a goal down it seems the players as a team are sometimes unable to pick themselves up. I have watched City away numerous times and the above was never so evidant as when they Played Portsmouth away. Mark Hughes took off both Elano and Robinho because they were playing so poorly, City being a goal down at the time couldn't afford to be carrying two players that expect things to be going their way all the time. I think this game is definitely one to play in running. As I say above, if Manchester City score first I have all confidence they will at least go on to draw the game. I think it's interesting to note that neither Robinho or Elano played any part in Citys win away to another German team, Shalke. That game finished 0-2 in the group stages. Both players have never featured together in a winning away performance either, the exception being Omonia Nicosia away in September. Martin Petrov and Stephen Ireland have travelled with the squad and are expected to feature. Nigel de Jong is cup tied and Vincent Kompany is the only other fresh injury for City. Quote from Mark Hughes, "We are probably fighting for seventh, which I expect would be enough; but I'd rather qualify for the Europa League as UEFA Cup holders." So there is no doubt in my mind that Mark Hughes and City are playing to win this competition. Unlike other English teams, such as Spurs and Villa, who could now end the season with nothing....

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... I think Hamburg will win tonight. They seem to have good form, 2nd in the Bundisleague, and like other people have said Jol wants to win the Uefa cup. As we know City are crap away from home and they have a shocking defence, everyone talks about Robinho, no one has mentioned that he has been playing crap and really doesnt want to be there. People have there own opinions mine is that Hamburg will beat city... Goodluck with whatever you pick. Mike

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Bastian Reinhardt, Thimothee Atouba, Romeo Castelen, Maxim Choupo-Moting, Guy Demel and Alex Silva. Reinhardt long time-injured so they are used to play without him. Atouba same.. Castelen... wtf? he isnt playing for ages Choupo-Moting? You have Guerrero,Petric and Olic playing before him.. young talented guy but not a KEY. Demel.. allrounder is a miss but not a big one Alex Silva.. only REAL missing guy tbh... We can speak about two missing guys here and not 6 as mentioned before ;) Possible Lineup: Rost - Benjamin - Mathijsen - Gravgaard - Aago - Jarolim - Trochowski - Pitroipa - Jansen - Olic - Petric :ok

I think Hamburg will win tonight. They seem to have good form, 2nd in the Bundisleague, and like other people have said Jol wants to win the Uefa cup. As we know City are crap away from home and they have a shocking defence, everyone talks about Robinho, no one has mentioned that he has been playing crap and really doesnt want to be there. People have there own opinions mine is that Hamburg will beat city... Goodluck with whatever you pick. Mike
Amen to that. :ok

As far as i know, Reinhardt, Atouba and Demel are starters...am i wright?:eyes
Aogo plays for Atouba.. not quality difference. Gravgaard playing for Reinhardt, slight quality difference but Gravgaar is improving after he just came in winterbreak and needed some time to get used to the team. Demel is an defensive allrounder, he often jumps in when someone is injured ;)

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... And still today, Dynamo will be very, very difficult, because statistics are not yet in their favor. PSG won all matches at the Ukrainian club in official matches, and missed only once. Dynamo also benefit from the French only twice in ten attempts!!!!! Som PSG today don't lose in 99 percent.

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Marcel, I think will focus more on the championship and will skip next Shakhter. After all, Marcel has a great chance to win a championship and for winning the championship for them is much more important to pass Shakhtar to the next round in UEFA. Shakhtet go next round @ 1.91 betfair 5/10

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Hamburg (2.03 @ pinnacle) Hamburg have impressed with their very good run throughout this competition on the back of some good home form. Man City have struggled on the road in their last few games, where domestically they have not scored in their last 3 games as well as away to Aalborg in this tournament but seem to concede at least a goal. Petric and Olic have a good understanding up front, and look to the livewire Olic to use his speed to torment Dunne all night long. Man City lack the consistency that Hamburg have, and look to the German team to take a lead into the second leg. PSG - Dynamo Kiev Over 2.5 (2.50 @ centrebet) Looking at the last few games of both teams this game has the potential to see quite a few goals scored. PSG have scored and conceded in each of their last 3 French games at home for each of thse games to go over while Kiev has scored at least 2 goals in each of their 2 Ukrainian games on the road but especially in their last 2 games in this tournament, they lost 3-2 away to Metallist and drew 2-2 with Valencia. While PSG's defence has been solid at home, the likelihood that Kiev will score, it will mean that will need to score at least twice of they are to progress to the next round because it will be a pretty tough fixture in the return leg in the Ukraine, so they will need to go into that game with some sort of advantage. Their cause will be helped by the Kiev captain and centreback Mikhalik being out injured, but Kiev will also be happy withe news that Makelele and Giuly wil be rested and that gives them the opportunity to dominate the midfield. Lean on Shaktar over and Bremen under but not that confident enough to play them

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... For me one small bet for today: Jonathan Pitroipa to score anytime @ 5,00 Bet365 (Will Hill offers 7,00) As mentioned from other members here, HSV with many absences today. I don't even know if Pitroipa plays, cos Guerrero passed fit, if he doesn't play bet would be voided. IMO this young guy from Burkina Faso is amazing, great technical skills and very fast, even with ball. One of most vital HSV players atm, together with Trochowski. Last round against Galatasaray he showed his offensive abilities several times, last weekend scored his first goal in BL, so he is showing rising form. He plays behind forwards usually , but it seems like he interprets his role more as a forward than OM. Great odds and containable risk, but of course only with small stakes :ok

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... I agree with mike, Hanburg will win tonite. Jol has a perfect record against man city, 6 from 6 in the PL. I also fancy shaktar as I read elsewhere that they rested a number of starters at the wknd and will be fresh, add in the conditions the match will be played in and I can only see a home win here. Hamburg Shaktar D £100 double @ 4.0 with coral GL everyone..

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Shaktar to win as already said here, Shaktar is a great team at home and Marseille will have a lot of difficulties to beat them! PSG to win. I believe in a small victory for the french over here. They really want to do good in this cup and they really want to do well at home. I think PSG to win, but perhaps also a -2.5 Werder - Udinese +2.5 I think it will be a match with both teams who want to play offensive football. A +2.5 is a possible.