** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup 9th April....

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April....

Not putting the competition down. Honestly' date=',,,, just meant that, alot of teams would rather concentrate on their domestic league rather than go further in this cup, like VIlla, AC Milan, etc.. Well done to the German teams today, showing the world how good their league really is though..[/quote'] how do you rate the fa cup then in england its does not have the same pride as winning the league but still everyone battles to win it winning uefa is prestigious and european cup would be imcomplete without it ps i also remind u that winners of the chump cup last time beat the european champ in the super cup

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Maybe you dont understand what im saying.. This COmpetition is full of mediocre teams..And the Good teams that end up losing out on the champ league spot, concentrate on regaining that champ league spot for the next season, which means they dont wanna waste their time using up all their energy on a worthless cup like this, when they could use it on gaining a top 4 or top 3 position in the league. If the winner or 2 finalists got a champ league spot out of it, then maybe u would see more competition. But this competiton will only ever be for mediocre teams and for leagues that have no chance of ever competing agianst the Big Boys in the champions league.

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Well If Barcelona had a bad season and finished 5th in their league for example, Do you really think they would give a monkeys about the Uefa Cup.. I think they would be saying, Right BOys.. Lets win the league for next season.. I dont think they would be fiddling around trying to win the Uefa Cup do you..? They would only be going for the league i think. For pride, and to get back in the champ league with abit of style They are Big boys thats why, and big boys dont want to participate in this comp..Its the same wiht MAn Utd. Liverpool, AC milan, Inter milan, Juventus, Chelsea, and theres many more. All the big boys dont wanna be in this cup. If they are unfortunate enough to be in it, then Priority is a top 4 place in the league...

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... Both of you are not wrong, the big fish like Man Utd, Barca e.g. wont care a lot about this cup. But in general we can say, that the clubs behind those big fish increased in quality and since there are only limited entrances for CL, you automatically get some quality teams into UefaCup. And from what I observed in the last years, I can say that we get to see more good teams in Uefa and if there are many good teams in a competition it automatically gets more interesting. This developement gonna take some more time, until many people and especially media will realize it. If media makes a big show out of it soon, everyone gonna share the opinion that this cup is more interesting, because there are better teams.. and if you have this happen clubs will also be influenced from this thinking. But right now, media is not interested and when media is not that much interested there is not much money involved and then you dont have the biggest clubs involved aswell. The match today, Hamburg - Man City could have been easily a CL match in my opinion. We will have to look and see, but rather than always share the opinion of the majority I prefer having a closer look at things. ;) Good night all, and again gratulation to all winners :cheers

If media makes a big show out of it soon, everyone gonna share the opinion that this cup is more interesting, because there are better teams.. and if you have this happen clubs will also be influenced from this thinking. But right now, media is not interested and when media is not that much interested there is not much money involved and then you dont have the biggest clubs involved aswell.
I absolutely agree with this. If Sky were to pick up the UEFA cup in England much more would be made of the competition. There would be more money involved and teams would eventually take it a lot more seriously. Over here, channel 5 looked like they were going to pick up all the games and had a big "event" during the first knockout stages where they showed four games in one day, after that time they decided that the UEFA cup wasn't important, or popular enough and often elected not to play games ahead of whatever other s**t they show on that channel. If the media made it something, then it would be something, and the popularity would grow. There are still some quality sides in the UEFA cup every year. And, who the hell said Germany aren't a competitive league? That is rubbish. Germany, England, France, Italy, Spain and Holland are still the major leagues in Europe and all are very competitive. Germany this year is as competitive as I can remember.

Everyone can beat Man City at home :lol Man City away record is just crap.Even Aalborg beat them 2-0. Man City's last 6 away matches record 0-2-4 says all. Hamburg are very strong at home so i do belive they can win this one.Odds are good as well.I'll be waiting for Hamburg latest team news before i back them. Looks like Olic and Petric will play.Price is going down. Hamburg to win @2.0 at bet365 GL
3-1 :beer I love Man City :lol They are just sh*t away. Kiev ended with draw 0-0 :beer OM lost 0-2 :@ Well done Shakhtar.Didn't expect such a poor performance from team that want to be number 1 in France :eyes Shakhtar proved once again they are strong team and have all chances to win UEFA cup.

The German league is probably the third best league in the world behind the English and Spanish! SOunds like a Carlsberg advert.. I would say frankly that the German league is probably the 4th best league in the world right now.. English, Spanish, Italian, German is how i would list it in terms of strength.. No ones putting anyone down DEE. Im just saying that this CUp competition isnt close to the standard of CHamp league.. SOme teams dont even bother at all in this competition, which is obvious, so it can be hard to predict at times.. WIth Champ league, you know all the teams are trying and giving 100 percent every game. I dont want to get into a football discussion to be honest with you. I have my byfriend here right now, and i have better things to do. I just wanted to make some cash..
well i would say your talking utter dogshit if you think the italian league is better than the german one. italian football is absolutely dreadful right now. look at the record of italian teams in the cl and uefa cup competitons. inter milan and roma were pissed on by man utd and a very poor arsenal side in the second round of the cl. fiorentina and udinese finished 3rd in very weak groups of the competition also. bayern munich came up against one of the finest teams to have ever played the game of football in barcelona last week and hamburg and werder bremen are certainties to make it to the semis of the uefa cup and have both looked very impressive in both the cl and uefa cup this season.

well i would say your talking utter dogshit if you think the italian league is better than the german one. italian football is absolutely dreadful right now. look at the record of italian teams in the cl and uefa cup competitons. inter milan and roma were pissed on by man utd and a very poor arsenal side in the second round of the cl. fiorentina and udinese finished 3rd in very weak groups of the competition also. bayern munich came up against one of the finest teams to have ever played the game of football in barcelona last week and hamburg and werder bremen are certainties to make it to the semis of the uefa cup and have both looked very impressive in both the cl and uefa cup this season.
How the hell do you measure which league is greater than the other?!

How the hell do you measure which league is greater than the other?!
by evaluating how the top sides in each of their respective leagues do when competing in the european cup competitons. ac milan were not even in the cl this year and were by all accounts comfortably knocked out of the uefa cup by werder bremen. milan were lucky even to qualify for the knockout rounds of the uefa cup. roma and inter milan were firmly put in their place by man utd and a very poor arsenal side. the german league will have two of the four semi finalists in the uefa cup and imo will have the winner of the comp in hamburg. the italian leagues co-efficient in europe is declining to an extent that the germans could well have the 4 cl places in the coming years and the italians take just the 3.

Re: UEFA Cup 9th April.... I think the Italians have suffered through the match fixing scandle, with the likes of Juventus and Milan suffering so yes, they are in decline. However, the Italian league would have to decline a hell of a lot more for it to become not one of the elite leagues. When we say England, Spain, Germany, Italy, Holland and France are the top leagues, there are only marginal differences between how good each league is in reality; and also, each league has a different playing mentality, which often effects opinion. The recent form of European clubs is also effected by English teams favouring foreign players and managers over home grown talent, most English teams in Europe are often made up of 80% + foreign players. When any team favours what basically constitutes a world all star 11, it is going to be difficult for other teams to compete. It is no coincidence that English teams now dominate European competition (except the UEFA cup because we don't take it seriously, which is also a foreign mentality, or ethos)