** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Buying Hand Histories

goater14

Came across a site where you can buy hand histories from certain poker sites, anyone else think this is unethical, theirs myself grinding away building up a database of HH players etc, and then along comes Joe Bloggs buys 40,000 hands for approx $20.00 and then has all the information it would take some players months to build up. Luckily for me boss network is not included but stars, fulltilt, i-poker are. Are anonymous accounts the way forward so we can all play on a level playing field?

Re: Buying Hand Histories Seriously though .... I think the poker sites are fighting back against it ..... not sure how successful they will be though :unsure Unethical? I dont know - if sites allow data mining (like full tilt did, and practically still do, even if they say they dont) - then what's the difference between someone who buys hands, and someone who buys extra PCs and leaves them running 24hours a day collecting data?

Re: Buying Hand Histories

Maybe the poker sites will make it that you have to go back to relying on old fashioned looking and using your own skills to work out whos good and bad instead of relying on technology;)
Online poker is not, and will never be, live poker. Technology is here to stay in online poker, and people who don't embrace it will struggle to win.

Came across a site where you can buy hand histories from certain poker sites, anyone else think this is unethical, theirs myself grinding away building up a database of HH players etc, and then along comes Joe Bloggs buys 40,000 hands for approx $20.00 and then has all the information it would take some players months to build up. Luckily for me boss network is not included but stars, fulltilt, i-poker are. Are anonymous accounts the way forward so we can all play on a level playing field?
So employing software to do something that is physically impossible is ok but employing someone to do something that is physically impossible is wrong? Dont see much of a difference:unsure or anything wrong with either:eek. I'm just too old, too stupid,or too effing lazy. Would be interesting if one of the sites offered "play with strangers" tables(copyright glceud 2009, patent pending) were you were given a random screen name and avatar.

Would be interesting if one of the sites offered "play with strangers" tables(copyright glceud 2009' date=' patent pending) were you were given a random screen name and avatar.[/quote'] Can I dispute that copyright/patent? I made that suggestion in the Boss Software thread ;)

Re: Buying Hand Histories Aw but you didnt give it a sexy little catchphase name like "play with strangers". You'd have random screen name like Player 01 player 02 etc I'd have "Randy from Wrexham" and "Super slim Sue" and all the avaters would involve little or no cloths and rather a lot of mud!