bet

corner

corners

profit

6/4/10

Barcelona

Arsenal

u

I have dug out the 'non domestic league' stats. This one's dedicated to you a1ehouse: BOOM! :cash:cash:cash

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 267 bets +25% yield I thought I'd start following this, however I'm not one that enjoys having accounts at every single bookie out there.. Which one do you use most in this system - who gives the best spreads? Cheers :)

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 267 bets +25% yield Good question. Sporting Index covers 70% of the bets and Extrabet covers 30%. The times I use Extrabet it is because they offer maybe 0.25 of a corner advantage. If you are only getting one, get Spin. If you can get two then get Extrabet also. I have had no problems with either.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 267 bets +25% yield

SPREAD SYSTEM

YIELD CHANGE

these bets

CL+UEFA

DOMESTIC

ALL

27%

bets

26%

50.0%

50.0%

51.8%

51.7%

wins

25%

0.0%

0.0%

3.6%

3.3%

level

24%

50.0%

50.0%

44.6%

45.0%

losses

23%

staked

22%

-47%

20%

24%

23%

yield

21%

profit

20%

19%

this week

this month

bets

months with profit

profit

12 out of 14

stake

yield

32%

8%

SPREAD SYSTEM

spread

stake per

date

home

away

corners

bet

corner

corners

profit

7/4/10

Man United

BayernMunich

u

7/4/10

Bordeaux

Lyon

u

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield

The Man Utd game made for grim viewing after the sending off it looked as though every attack was going to result in a corner. Another nice profit on the week. :nana
Aye, made for painful watching! ;)

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield Looking at the poll results so far - I would be interested to know why 4 people spreadbet with BF? Do you really find it better value after 5% com? Or is it because you just have an account with them? I never find total corner value on BF after they tax you. Also the poll shows that there is approximately £30-£40 riding on every suggested unit stake per corner from 15 people. By my maths, a suggested stake of 5 units means £150-£200 PER CORNER just from these picks! So a huge win or loss of 10 corners would turnover £1500 - £2000 per match!! I think i average 3 or 4 matches per week aswell! I also find it interesting that i used to bet 20p per corner and EVERYONE polled was betting 4x this amount! That's confidence eh?! I will follow the poll with interest. Thanks to all who have voted. :clap

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield Muppet, i use Betfair simply because i have an account with them. I dont hold any spread betting accounts. Was always worried about the liability that could be run up on these accounts although i presume you get over this by using stop-loss points for your bets? Obivously the value gained on betfair is a lot less than the spreads which is borne out by my current yield on your bets being 10.6%. Keep up the excellent work.

Muppet, i use Betfair simply because i have an account with them. I dont hold any spread betting accounts. Was always worried about the liability that could be run up on these accounts although i presume you get over this by using stop-loss points for your bets?
yes you can implement a stop loss of 10 corners with the football total corners, as you can with cricket runs etc etc. (i don't think that they restrict wins to 10 corners though - unless someone knows the small print better??)

yes you can implement a stop loss of 10 corners with the football total corners, as you can with cricket runs etc etc. (i don't think that they restrict wins to 10 corners though - unless someone knows the small print better??)
Muppet - How a stop loss works is listed in the top FAQ on the SPIN site What is stop loss, how does it work or can I change or remove it? A Sporting Index Stop Loss account limits your exposure to losses (but also to profits because it acts identically as a Stop Win) by automatically applying a maximum level (the 'Stop') to the trades at the time the bet is struck. A Stop Loss account therefore offers you all the thrills of spread betting but with the added security of limiting risk. It is the chance to spread bet with a safety net. It has work that way that your wins are restricted otherwise what would be the point of having any other type of account. All the upside and none of the spread terror downside of a freak make up. One reason why you may not want a stop account would relate to the type of bets you place. Imagine you used spread firms as a buyer of goals. So you will be buying at say 2.6 - what is the point of having a stop loss account - none. You already know the worst case is you lose 2.6 goals. (I think goal stops are set at max 5 goals). A stop account is ideal on the corners since the majority of the trades are sells. The only time you will miss out is when the make up is zero - ie if the sell was at 11. However if this was a buy corners thread then stops would be a bad idea since you would miss the freak high mu.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield I had a non-stop SPIN account for several years. More recently stops suited the types of trades I was placing so I phoned them up and asked for a change to a stop loss - it was as easy as that. Spin has one advantage over IG in relation to an account with stops. With an IG stop account you need to have the full worst case loss on deposit at the time of the trade otherwise you cannot bet. With SPIN you are still given credit which will be settled at the end of the account period.

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield Stay posted z11, its all good stuff. Good discussion about the stop loss. You are right about extrabet wanting the money upfront and spin giving you credit. I just use these two and rarely check the other companies as I have never found better value on the matches in question. If both have the same price I always suggest spin as that is the more popular account with people, as the poll supports aswell. Possibly a game for tomorrow but not priced yet... Stay tuned. Also to mention the comment earlier about the stop loss suiting this system as it is a sell system. Well there are buy bets picked too - it is just where the value is. I once worked out if you blindly sold on all matches with level stakes you would break even ish. If you did the same with buying you would be down in the red. Match Selection, staking and price value is key. Sound a bit like kevin pullein don't i!? What a ledge. All the stick he gets for 'no bet' or random markets is funny, but he does win money in the long term!

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield Hi there, Like your strategy and following this since i registered, but i have little problem now. I want to play tonights Real madrid - Barcelona total corner on Betfair,but somehow i cant bet less than the minimum 2 euro. (if i place back or lay odds everything is fine). So its not possible to go below the minimum amount of 2 euro on spread bets? Thanks in advance and gl :hope

Re: Total Corner spreads: is this the Holy Grail? : 269 bets +23% yield There is a way to bet less than the advertised minimum http://www.betexchangetips.com/Betfair-Minimum-Bet.html but if you want to get value and hence profit use a proper spread firm. Betfair: sell @ 10.50 (buy is 10.80) or Spreadfair: sell @ 10.75 or Extrabet: sell @ 10.80 Remember you want the sell price as high as possible! Even if you hung around on BF and got the 10.8 matched that's still worse post commission.

SPREAD SYSTEM

YIELD CHANGE

these bets

ALL

27%

bets

26%

0.0%

51.5%

wins

25%