Nad Al Sheba 15/1/09

Re: Nad Al Sheba 15/1/09

Don't know how anyone can bet here with confidence.
Very True. I remember backing Compton's Eleven here a couple years back at 14/1 or so and it being beaten a shthd. Other than that, I struggle to remember a bet there. Do they have strict "steroid" rules over there? Giving the emphatic nature of Curlin's victory in the World Cup compared to what happened in the Breeders Cup, it was like two different horses.

Re: Nad Al Sheba 15/1/09 I'll probably end up watching the races if it's on late afternoon and evening but God knows how you'd pick a winner............:loon A couple of weeks ago I saw the RUK Kempton evening presenters chatting about Dubai and I jotted down a couple of notes........this was from James Willoughby of the Racing Post......... Dubai dirt track suits the long striding galloping type The South American horses are best first time out South American dirt form is far superior to their grass form Dubai dirt track has a big kick-back ( not sure what the significance of this is..........I guess it means it suits front runners who don't get any kick-back?) De Koch horses have traditionally 'needed a run' but he's taken them out to Dubai earlier this year and they might be ready first time out When it comes to the big Championship races the market usually overestimates form during the Carnival. The US and European superstars who fly in for the big races often go off at bigger odds 'cos of the money going on horses who've been running there throughout the Carnival. And just tonight they both gave a horse to follow.......... Bankable, now with De Koch Vineyard Haven from Godolphin Make of all that what you will !..............:ok

Re: Nad Al Sheba 15/1/09 I actually had some success last year out there with a few selections. I much prefer this classy flat action to the majority of the stuff on the a/w at current. One thing I do struggle to get my head round is the transfer of the horses that were british based to some of the overseas yards. Im not talking about the high profile trainers like De Kock but some of the asian trainers I never really have heard of before. Anyway there are quite a few horses racing tomorrow who should be well known to bri. racing fans and will be interesting to see how they get on. Just one selection from me. 6.05 Royal Vintage 1 pt win A bit of a gamble here as current fitness isnt totally known and he blew up a touch when last seen racing over here. However for me he is the class act of this race (offical figures point that out too) and if he is anywhere near his best I think could well be hard to beat. De Kock has many in this race but with stable jockey shea on board, this looks the main pick and not surprisingly. He appeared to my attention at last years carnival where he ran some top class races and at times with some of these behind. His two second placed efforts behind honour devil look good as does his win in front of honour devil. He came over to the uk and didnt run that well, once on turf and once on a/w but Im prepared to excuse that to some extent, quite simply for some horses it doesnt work out whereas for others it does, the mere fact he was over here and at one stage with group 1 entries speaks volumes as to the level of ability connections feel he has. Todays conditions look far more suitable on the dirt which he is proven over and he looks the class act to me. Biggest threat for me could come from last years winner of this race, happy boy, who whilst doing nothing since may find these conditions more suitable but if Royal vintage is fit enough and De Kock's good ones have won fto over here in recent years no problem at times and sometimes over inadequate trips, then I think it will take a good one to beat him.