** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bbotd 13/1/09

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 15.20 Folkstone - Syncopated Rhythm Won its last 2 races and over this distance LTO. Although its mark is up I still think it has a strong chance of winning this race. It is a really good race though. Twiston-Davies only horse out at the meeting and Jockey's only mount which is a positive factor so they must feel it has strong claims. Brennan has a good record at this course as well riding a 1st and a 3rd just at the start of the year.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 Folk 2.20 Silk Affair 1 pt win Think this may just be a good race with some likley improvers in here and some unknowns from biggish yards. However the one I like most just ahead of psi, is silk affair. Silk Affair was a good horse on the flat, once optimistically put in the ire. oaks but a 90 odd rated horse and something with that flat ability warrents some respect over hurdles. She also proved she could act in soft conditions which she should get today. Her hurdling debut I thought showed some promise. She ended up plugging on into midfield with the so impressive winner starluck romping home. However one gets the impression that the race will work out in time, there were some strong yards represented and that first run by silk affair showed promise for the future. She should be able to build on that today plus the way she plugged suggested todays slightly extended trip shouldnt be a huge problem. Interestingly psi also has formlines on his debut, where he ran a similar style to silk affair, with another TH fav. zaynar so it will be worth looking at to see how the two compare today but Im just giving the edge to Silk Affair, the filly who gets weight and whilst its never easy in such circumstances, I feel she has a decent chance today.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 Folkestone 1:20: Drizzi - 1 point LAY Drizzi is quite highly rated based on his good form on the flat in Europe. However, I remain unconvinced that he is enthusiastic about the jumping game, or that he has yet fully mastered the hurdles. And with 16 other horses in the race to bump him around, I think he's worth opposing.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 2.00 Southwell I posted Sabancaya in the FTTS thread at 10/1 on her last run a couple of Sundays ago and she was a well backed winner (5/1). Basically, I said she was crying out to be stepped up in trip because she had been staying on over slightly shorter trips but evidently lacked a gear change. She looked to have a chance off 52 that day given a few bits and pieces of form, most notably a 4th placed effort at Windsor when behind a couple of fair sorts. Sabancaya was a facile winner that day, travelling well throughout for Liam Keniry and the jockey was able to ease her down at the finish. Given the manner of that victory she could still be ahead of the handicapper running under a penalty here now she is running over more suitable trips. 1 pt win

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 3.20 Folkestone: Tarquinius First run for Charlie Mann today and having shown fair form in only 3 career runs in France is without doubt the least exposed horse in the race. Trainer continues in good form and if he has this one straight would be no surprise to see this one be on the premises today. WIN

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 DOCTORED 1.20 Folkestone. Won well last time and can win again if repeating the dose. Trip and groundnot a problem and the rise in weight shouldn't bother him if in the same mood. Can get the race run to suit and so has major claims. 0.5 points each way.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 2.50 Folkestone - Royal Hilarity Blueberry Ice is a low price finishing 2nd to the progressive Little Shilling, but this was over hurdles and I am going to take him on over fences. My selection changed stables and could do well for Peter Bowen today. He finished a decent 4th lto in a race, where the gallop was really strong and Tom Messanger decided to be up with the pace, which gave the horse no chance. Seamus Durrack is a better booking and the horse should go close with conditions to suit.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 1.30 Southwell - Bienheureux - Win CD winner who ran his best race for a while last time out, finishing 3rd over CD, beaten under 2 lengths, noted running on at the finish. That was a small field and slow paced race which wouldn't have suited him, can do better today in a big field with hopefully a better pace. He was 7lbs out of the handicap that day and runs off his correct mark today, so effectively he's 7 lbs lower and drops in class from a class 5 to a class 6 Has won off this mark and higher within the last year, so could be well handicapped if he's coming back to form

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 Folkestone 1.50pm 1pt lay Laharna Took a long time to get off the mark and win a race,last race win for me just a few small things that would put me of backing at a low price hitting the last for one but still came through but still hit it the fence that day. Laying today . Good Luck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 AMRON HILL 2.00 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. I'm willing to ignore his last run with it being on a quicker aw surface, and with returing to this deeper, slower surface today he can produce his best form which should enable him to run a big race. The trip's fine and he's allowed to race off an attractive looking mark of 50, in context with this race, so with Fergus Sweeney a more than capable jockey and adecent price, he's well worth an each way bet.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 my best bet would be lady vivien 2.10 gl. 0.5 pts ew. goes handicapping off a fair enough mark and with being open to a little improvement in what looks a weak enough race, and trip and surface no concern, she can go close. Should get a nice pace to run down if jamie spencer takes it up as expected and so worth a bet.

Re: Bbotd 13/1/09 3.40 Great Leighs - Pension Policy (win) - and I'd to play my 2pt win here please Looked decent when winning over CD in October, and though running below expectations the next twice, bounced back to form last time in a first time visor. Wears it again today and as the only one in the field with experience of Great Leighs, and with few miles on the clock, I am making this a 2pt win today :hope