** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Have pmed Ted as Geography is a N/R so i will post this up quickly Uttoxeter 4.30 Cardington Should build upon hid 2nd over a similar trip but does have a 6lbs rise Henry Oliver is quite capable of making a bold display on this horse. If Ted does not post one up this could be used

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15.

Have pmed Ted as Geography is a N/R so i will post this up quickly Uttoxeter 4.30 Cardington Should build upon hid 2nd over a similar trip but does have a 6lbs rise Henry Oliver is quite capable of making a bold display on this horse. If Ted does not post one up this could be used
Tip - If this is a lucky 15, the bet has to be placed before the first horse has run, so what is the point in putting up a replacement selection after the first 2 have run. If anyone's placed the bet, they cant phone the bookie and ask if they can change the bet :unsure

Tip - If this is a lucky 15' date=' the bet has to be placed before the first horse has run, so what is the point in putting up a replacement selection after the first 2 have run. If anyone's placed the bet, they cant phone the bookie and ask if they can change the bet :unsure[/quote'] Dont be cocky mate i was the Canadian Kickboxing champion of 1942 i will kick your ass :loon

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Saturday: 4.15 Thirsk Cape Vale returns to the scene of his debut win from August 2007. He followed up next time out on his handicap debut off 79 but things never really took off for him after that as his 3 yo campaign was very disappointing, and fruitless. However, I think there is more to come from this half-brother of Moss Vale now at 4 and he is now rated only 4 lbs higher than when scooping that Ayr handicap two years ago. On his reappearance he was 8th of 13 at Musselburgh, but I am prepared to give him another chance with Adele Mulrennan taking off 7 lbs as the yard have hit form again of late and he may improve for the run. Admittedly, they do send out 4 of the 10 runners in the field here, but this is the one of the Nicholls quartet that catches me eye the most. Sunday: 3.40 Ripon Anguz Newz looks to have a good chance in this assuming she lines up - her participation is ground dependent and she is likely to be waiting for some cut. However, with the weather hammering it down in Yorkshire over the past couple of days it may just be soft enough for her. She has actually ran two really good races in strong fields in her last two, finishing in the places at Bath and Chester, and the handicapper has taken note and raised her mark 5 lbs. However, she is a speedball and racing up against her own sex here I think she can go close as she is a four-time listed level winner that clearly has ability. Daryll Holland is a decent looking booking too.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 5.15 NEWMARKRT FANTASY BELIEVER On a very handy mark and although getting on in years should be able to go close against these lot. A long time since a win but think there is another win in him. Decent app on top. Won't be that great of price but will take a chance. Last person put bet up please. Ta

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Uttoxeter 8.00 Yeoman Spirit Should go well with up and coming star Ryan Mania on board and should see the trip out with no worries, Been over G&D once and record a valuable second last month just getting touched off on the line by So Now, Weight should not be a issue either as Mania is taking 5lbs off and this could be the key to a big run.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 14:05 Newbury - Tropical Strait C&D winner here back in August last year, followed that up with a decent 2nd (also over c&d) against some nice types, should not mine the soft ground and assuming this stays with 8 runners has very nice place claims at least. Spooner - Newbury 14:05 - Tropical Strait 9/1 Fin - Thirsk 16:15 - Cape Vale 9/2 Ted - Newmarket 17:15 - Fantasy Believer 6/1 Tipster - Uttoxeter 20.00 - Yeoman Spirit 11/2 1pt e/w Lucky15

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Fakenham 3.20 Big Rob His last race he could be forgiven as the handicapper put him on 11-11 on his first run for over 60+ days and considering he hasnt done that bad over G&D, His record is 024 The Unplaced effort was in a big field which he may not of enjoyed and his other efforts were in smaller fields carrying 11-10 & 11-3 on the place now down by a lbs there could be more improvement to come.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. FINS SELECTION Sunday: 3.40 Ripon Anguz Newz looks to have a good chance in this assuming she lines up - her participation is ground dependent and she is likely to be waiting for some cut. However, with the weather hammering it down in Yorkshire over the past couple of days it may just be soft enough for her. She has actually ran two really good races in strong fields in her last two, finishing in the places at Bath and Chester, and the handicapper has taken note and raised her mark 5 lbs. However, she is a speedball and racing up against her own sex here I think she can go close as she is a four-time listed level winner that clearly has ability. Daryll Holland is a decent looking booking too. __________________ 3.10 RIPON~EXIT SMILING E/W 12/1 Very open race 11/2 the field. Think this has a chance off a high enough mark but so are most of these. CD winner who will go in the ground. Very busy lately will update thread soon. Spooner can u put selections up and prices when you post :cheers

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. No problem. :ok Market Rasen 15:30 - Sycho Fred Fell LTO over c&d here but ill take him to bounce back, he is a c&d winner here and normally runs well at Market Rasen, he should appreciate a bit of softness in the ground, has a good jockey on board who has won on him before, should run a decent race if he gets round. Ted - Ripon 15:10 - Exit Smiling 10/1 Tipster - Fakenham 15:20 - Big Rob 12/1 Spooner - Market Rasen 15:30 - Sycho Fred 7/1 Fin - Ripon 15:40 - Angus Newz 4/1 1pt e/w Lucky15

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Haydock 15:10 - Hogmaneigh Twice a winner over this 5f trip and although fairly disappointing LTO I think he'll run a much better race here, one of the reasons is he should like the soft heavy ground, he has ran some decent races on this type of ground, he is stepping up in class to a group 2 but the horse has shown some good potential at times, Jim Crowley saddles.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 4.15 Haydock The Galloping Shoe appeared to 'bounce' last time out at Lingfield when 4th on only his second handicap start. Jeremy Noseda's gelding had been off the track for a year prior to his second to Light From Mars at Windsor last month, and it was always a gamble backing him last time out with this in mind. However, he looked well handicapped and I will give him another chance here with that last run out of the way. The form of his Windsor second is working out ever so well with the winner, Light From Mars, finishing a neck second off a 5 lb higher mark in a stronger race next time out, whilst the head third won next time out (also in a higher grade than this and off a higher mark than 80). It may be noteworthy that Noseda has his runner entered in a Carlisle handicap on Monday. Presumably they plan to turn him out under a penalty and stay one step ahead of the handicapper, starting with a win here. The sticking point is potentially the heavy ground, but he did win with some cut in the ground on his debut to hint he is worth a punt here.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Stratford 6.40 Green Gamble Ran a fantastic race at Fontwell when getting beat by a neck carrying 11-4 in a similar race, Couldnt cope with Cheltenham next time out but now back down to 10-8 and also Alex Merriam taking another 5lbs off could add to his chances, If he can sit just behind the leaders he will be a massive danger. Currently trading at 20s

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 5.30 BEV KIRSTY'S LAD 14/1 Best on the AW and specifically at Wolves with George Baker on top but i feel he might just run a big in this off such a low mark. Fin 4.15 HAY~THE GALLOPING SHOE 11/2 Ted 5.30 BEV~KIRSTY'S LAD 14/1 Tip 6.40 STRAT~GREEN GAMBLE 20/1 Spooner 3.10 HAY~HOGMANEIGH 11/1 PP 1pt e/w lucky 15 GAR P/R 34,863

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. 4.05 Newmarket Thebes - won at Wolverhampton in March off 4 lb lower mark and although he hasn't followed up on the turf since, a number of efforts have suggested his turn isn't far away. He came close to landing a sprint at Doncaster in this grade but found only a well-handicapped Advanced too good when defeated by three quarters of a length. Next time out at Newcastle he ran a decent third behind Tamagin when narrowly losing second at the finish, but the first three pulled well clear of the field and the form of that race is working out exceptionally well - Valery Borzov, Excusez Moi, Celtic Sultan and Machinist were all comfortably beaten and have come out of the race and won since. Those pieces of form prompted the handicapper to raise his mark 1 lb to 91 for his last outing over course and distance three weeks ago. He finished second to Evens and Odds, but you could argue that winner was better handicapped on the pick of his form as he was racing 4 lbs below his highest even win and his yard and renowned for plucking wins out of knowhere. Thebes has another 1 lb on his back today but has been knocking on the door of late, has proven twice previously he acts over CD (winner in Aug '08 as well as 2nd lto) and with Grag Fairley returning to the plate (jockey for all 4 career wins) I think he should give a good account.

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Struggling a bit myself but i'll go to the NHF race in the last (5.30) at Uttoxeter the Reveley yard to well in these races and they send out newcomer WING HALF a few of the top trainers have runners so hence why 20/1 is available and stable were back in the winners enclosure last night.

Fontwell Holden Caulfield @ 66/1 to place really fancy this and i think he will come on for his last hurdle run where he finished midfield Its up to you guysif you want to put this down as a quick bet.
Have asked Trotter to put one up but up if he can't then we will use it:ok

Re: The FTTS E/W Lucky 15. Off the bench........... I'll go for Lahaleeb in the Irish 1000 gns, 3.45 The Curragh Tough filly, not top class, but likes the ground and is a battler. Won the 'Fred Darling' on soft ground at Newbury but had no chance at Newmarket on firm going. Guts and tenacity to make up for a lack of class...........:hope

Off the bench........... I'll go for Lahaleeb in the Irish 1000 gns, 3.45 The Curragh Tough filly, not top class, but likes the ground and is a battler. Won the 'Fred Darling' on soft ground at Newbury but had no chance at Newmarket on firm going. Guts and tenacity to make up for a lack of class...........:hope
Your our super sub mate:ok