NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09

NMc106

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09

Advised Prices 12/02/2009

Chepstow:

15-20 Chase – Presenting Copper – 2/1 Sporting Bet – (10pts Win)

7th @ 9/4 :(
I am going to stay clear of heavy conditions as I really cannot read the form what so ever!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Thursday 12th February Overview

Race 1 – Chepstow 15-20:

Presenting Copper was not well backed beforehand drifting to as high as 14/5 but then was backed back in again to 9/4 favouritism. She never ran to her ability and took a strong hold, she was beaten a long way out and only managed a poor 7th in the end

7th

Well I am now going to stay clear of heavy conditions as I really do struggle. A loss at advised & SP of 10pts.

Total Bets: 102

Total Staked: 996pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1056.09pts Strike Rate: 44/102 (43.14%) Longest Winning Streak: 4

Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 2)

Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 ((14/1 Advised)) (The Ring) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 260.09pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +60.09pts Profit/Loss at SP: -3.43pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 6.03%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Friday 13th February

Conditions aren’t so testing at Sandown, though I am going to stick to chases as the hurdling course is apparently more testing here today.

Sandown – Right-Handed, Galloping, Testing Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – P Nicholls (28%), N Henderson (18%) & P J Hobbs (17%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – J Snowden (52%), Ruby Walsh (27%) & Tony McCoy (26%) Going: Soft, Good to Soft on the back straight on Chase course

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (59%) & Chase (62%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (33%) & Chase (21%)

Selections Friday 13th February

Sandown:

14-35 Chase:

A tight race this with a couple in good form.

Bowleaze has won both his outing over course and distance here and goes well in soft ground so there are no worries there. Is dropped back to a more favourable distance here, last ran at 3 miles 5 furlongs and although only being beaten 2¼L this distance should suit him more. Won here in November though wasn’t much to beat as 2nd has not gone on to impress since. Still at a decent mark of 130 and with usual 7lbs claimer on board could get involved at good odds (8/1).

Appleaday appears in his 5th outing this season and comes into this with two 2nd in his last 2 starts. Was beaten lto by The Sawyer lto who failed to impress on his next run so possible worries there. Is 6lbs up for that as well so weight could be a problem and possibly handicapped up to highest mark. Another who goes well on the ground so could get involved.

Supreme Keano will probably go off as favourite for this, comes into this looking for the hat-trick after a couple of decent wins. Seems to cope with most types of ground after winning in goodish ground then winning in heavy lto to Notabotheronme who followed up with another 2nd nto. Is hiked up another 11lbs though and although improvement is possible he didn’t look entirely convincing lto, although on the other hand he never did look like getting beat. Certainly has a chance but I will pass at the odds available (11/8).

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png)

15-10 Chase:

Not the most exciting selection but Bannister Lane gets the nod here even with an inexperienced rider though he does have a decent record placing 3 of his 10 races. The horse has 12lbs or more on the field and although ran poorly lto should come back to winning ways here. Goes well on soft ground and stays the trip which can’t be said about a lot of these. Good chance and really should win. Trainer in good form also.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Selection Review:

14-35 - Bowleaze

15-10 – Bannister Lane

Here is one early advised price for the time being:

Advised Prices 13/02/2009

Sandown:

14-35 Chase – Bowleaze – 8/1 – Bet365 – (5pts E/W – 3 places, 1/5 odds)

Will post remaining bets and advised prices in the morning.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 13/02/2009

Sandown:

15-10 Chase – Bannister Lane – 6/5 Sporting Bet – (10pts Win)

Happy about taking last night price on Bowleaze, is only 6/1 now!

Advised Prices 13/02/2009

Sandown:

NR

15-10 Chase – Bannister Lane – 6/5 Sporting Bet – (10pts Win)

1st @ 5/4 :nana

Happy about taking last night price on Bowleaze, is only 6/1 now!

Substitution: Bowleaze off - Appleaday on. 1st @ 3/1 :nana Advised price of 5/1. Only 2 places available now though.
Good day with 2 winners from 2 runners. Wasn't too confident with Appleaday but he really did run well.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Friday 13th February Overview

Race 1 – Sandown 14-35:

My 1st choice Bowleaze was pulled out before the race and I decided to do a swap and put Appleaday as my selection. A good substitute as he ran really confidently through only making a slight jumping error at the 3rd. The favourite Supreme Keano failed to jump well and obviously just couldn’t cope with top weight. I would say that he was beaten when dumping his rider and a really confident win by Appleaday got the day off to a good start, and my 1st winner in a long time!

1st

Race 2 – Sandown 15-10:

I had the favourite in this and he proved to be good value. He made all and never looked like getting beat. Nearest rival fell at the last leaving a very easy 20L victory for him and got his jockey his first ever win. He was 12lbs better off than anything else so really should have won and he did win well.

1st

A good start to the day saw Appleaday put in a convincing run to win comfortably, then a very comfortable win for favourite
Bannister Lane
capped off a good day off 2 wins from 2. A profit at advised of 43.25pts and a profit at SP of 31.25pts on the day.

Total Bets: 104 Total Staked: 1016pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1119.34pts Strike Rate: 46/104 (44.23%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 (Currently on a run of 2) Longest Losing Streak: 6 Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 ((14/1 Advised)) (The Ring) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 303.34pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +103.34pts Profit/Loss at SP: +27.82pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 10.17%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Saturday 14th February

I said I wasn’t going to involved with heavy ground anymore, but today is high quality the form should read well.

Ascot – Right-Handed, Galloping, Testing Track with Stiff Fences Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – N Henderson (32%), D Pipe (22%) & P Nicholls (16%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – B Geraghty (37%), Timmy Murphy (20%) & Ruby Walsh (20%) Going: Heavy

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (50%) & Chase (44%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (27%) & Chase (23%)

Selections Saturday 14th February

Ascot:

14-15 Chase:

Its hard to pick a winner in any of these races but this one isn’t so difficult. Voy Por Ustedes is well in on the weights, some 8lbs better off than his nearest rival Tamarinbleu. VPU isn’t having the best of seasons so far with a 4th and a 3rd lto, but he should get back into form today and I expect him to win this quite easily. Hasn’t ran on heavy ground in Britain though has done so, and won, over in France so he should deal with the conditions.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.png)

14-45 Hurdle:

I am going to avoid the 2 market leaders Wendel and Chariot Charger here as although they should win it I have niggling doubts as to whether their form can continue.

My selection will be hurdling debutant Doctor Pat who only has 1 run in a bumper and although he was struggling a bit from home he looked as though he could well come on for it and a decent chance to get a place at least under his belt here. Was well backed on his debut so obviously a lot is expected of him and I feel he has a decent chance at good odds due to the market leaders.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png)

15-50 Chase:

Consigliere comes into this off the back of 2 wins and is only risen a further 3lbs for his win lto over Katess. Both wins came on soft ground so the ground should be fine but the main problem is that he is dropped back to 2 miles 1 furlong when both wins came over 2m3f. He did win over this distance in May at Newton Abbot so it shouldn’t be too much off a problem but it doesn’t breed confidence.

Baseball Ted will be my selection as he is still well handicapped and trainer Hobbs is in good form at the minute. Baseball Ted will probably be about the pace and could make all from start to finish. Was 2nd lto to Oscar Jack but that came over slightly further and he drops back to his preferred distance. A good chance to get another Chase win at Ascot after winning here in December, so he is the selection to get another CD win.

Selection Review:

Ascot 14-15 – Voy Por Ustedes

Ascot 14-45 – Doctor Pat

Ascot 15-50 – Baseball Ted

Will post remaining bets and advised prices in a mo.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 14/02/2009

Ascot:

14-15 Chase – Voy Por Ustedes – 5/4 Paddy Power – (5pts E/W – 3 places, 1/5 odds)

14-45 Hurdle – Doctor Pat – 10/1 Paddy Power – (5pts E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 odds)

15-50 Chase – Baseball Ted – 2/1 Various (10pts Win)

Advised Prices 14/02/2009

Ascot:

14-15 Chase – Voy Por Ustedes – 5/4 Paddy Power – (5pts E/W – 3 places, 1/5 odds)

1st @ 6/5 :nana

14-45 Hurdle – Doctor Pat – 10/1 Paddy Power – (5pts E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 odds)

3rd @ 12/1 :(

15-50 Chase – Baseball Ted – 2/1 Various (10pts Win)

2nd @ 11/8 :(

The day started off well with a win, but it went downhill from there although all runners ran pretty well and were unlucky.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Saturday 14th February Overview

Race 1 – Ascot 14-15:

Voy Por Ustedes wasn’t well backed before the off, I would guess due to the going worries, but he ran sublimely winning with ease and really looked as though he was a world beater. Sitting in 2nd behind Tamarinbleu he jumped impeccably and went ahead with a few to jump the challenge from Gwanako came and soon faded as VPU upped the pace and as I say looked tremendous.

1st

Race 2 – Ascot 14-45:

Well Doctor Pat was a big drifter and wasn’t helped when favourite Wendel was given a massive lead early on to go 10L clear. Doctor Pat never looked to claw it back and was happy to win the race of the pack at the back. He ran decently and ended up finishing a decent 3rd and with improvement sure to come for the outing is one to keep and eye on for the future.

3rd

Race 3 – Ascot 15-50:

Baseball Ted set the pace as expected but was eventual winner Consigliere was always travelling the better, though he didn’t find much when asked and Baseball Ted was only beaten by a head in the end. A big drifter Consigliere ran pretty well and was in my eyes the best bet in the race at odds of around 6/1.

2nd

A great start to the day saw Voy Por run brilliantly and win with ease, next to follow that up but both ran pretty well. Loss at advised of 7.50pts and a loss at SP of 8pts.

Total Bets: 107 Total Staked: 1046pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1141.84pts Strike Rate: 47/107 (43.93%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 2) Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 ((14/1 Advised)) (The Ring) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 395.84pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +95.84pts Profit/Loss at SP: +19.82pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 9.16%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Sunday 15th February

Just the one race to look at today.

Hereford – Right-Handed, Predominantly Galloping Track with Stiffish Fences Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – A King (24%), P Hobbs (22%) & Venetia Williams (19%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Tony McCoy (25%), Robert Thornton (22%) & ichard Johnson (19%) Going: Soft, Heavy in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (40%) & Chase (49%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (25%) & Chase (36%)

Selections Sunday 15th February

Hereford:

16-40 Bumper:

Don’t usually get involved in bumpers but this is an interesting race where I fancy Wishfull Thinking, he looked fantastic in his point-to –point debut winning with ease and he eventually makes his British debut here where the main danger will be Asturienne from the king yard won impressively lto at Huntingdon. WT might not be suited to the testing conditions perfectly but he should certainly deal with soft ground so its not too much of a worry. Has market support and I hope for a big run.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png) Selection Review:

16-40 – Wishfull Thinking

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Sunday 15th February Overview

Race 1 – Hereford 16-40:

A tactically run affair was won by Hayes Princess in the end to the running on Wishfull Thinking. My selection WT ran with a lot of promise to be honest and could be quite handy when stepped up in trip over hurdles. Certainly one to keep and eye on especially as ground wasn’t exactly to his full liking.

2nd

A loss on the day of 5pts at both advised and SP.

Total Bets: 108 Total Staked: 1051pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1141.84pts Strike Rate: 47/108 (43.52%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 3) Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 ((14/1 Advised)) (The Ring) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 390.84pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +90.84pts Profit/Loss at SP: +14.82pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 8.64%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 16th February

Carlisle – Right-Handed, Galloping, Undulating and Testing Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – Howard Johnson (27%), N Richards (24%) & Jonjo O’Neill (24%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Denis O’Regan (37%), Tony Dobbin (22%) & Wilson Renwick (15%) Going: Heavy, Soft in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (50%) & Chase (51%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (21%) & Chase (35%)

Selections Monday 16th February

Carlisle:

14-15 Chase:

Quite an open affair this and Mitchel Henry will be the selection. He has been in decent form this season since his opener with two 3rd and a 4th lto, though scrap that result as he was never going to get involved and would have had to find around 3 stones on the eventual winner! His run before that he was beaten just 3L by the impressive Sammy Spiderman despite being almost a whole stone out of the weights and runs off only a 2lbs higher mark for today’s run. That 3L defeat by Sammy Spiderman came over the same distance and also came on heavy ground so conditions are to suit here and at the odds available he is a great bet., he certainly has a place in him and if he runs his race could definately win this.

Selection Review:

14-15 – Mitchell Henry

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 16th February Overview

Race 1 – Carlisle 14-15:

This turned out to be a real slog and jumping the last the field was really struggling. My selection Mitchel Henry was struggling was about 4 to jump and was jumping left throughout, but he responded well and kept on fighting away and eventually he was into 2nd. Jumping the last It’s A Classic was clearly empty and Mitchel Henry found and extra gear to win it by a length or so.

1st

A profit on the day of 68.75pts at advised and a profit of 75pts at SP.

Total Bets: 109 Total Staked: 1061pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1220.59pts Strike Rate: 48/109 (44.04%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 (Currently on a run of 1) Longest Losing Streak: 6 Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 (14/1 Adv. ‘The Ring’) & (Mitchel Henry) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (Ikorodu Road) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 459.59pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +159.59pts Profit/Loss at SP: +89.82pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 15.04%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Tuesday 17th February

Southwell – Left-Handed, Sharp, Flat Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – C J Mann (39%), A King (27%) & Evan Williams (19%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Noel Fehily (29%), Christian Williams (28%) & Tony McCoy (23%) Going: Good to Soft

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (47%) & Chase (57%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (40%) & Chase (33%)

Selections Tuesday 17th February

Southwell:

15-00 Chase:

A potentially good race with my 2 fancies being Shining Gale and West End Rocker who both could prove quite classy.

Shining Gale will be the selection though, despite falling lto at Kempton. The reason for the selection is based on the form line through Herecomesthetruth, who Shining Gale seemed to have well beaten already before Herecomesthetruth ran out at the last. Herecomesthetruth has gone on since then to win 3 pretty good races and is currently rated 150 over fences. I'm not saying that Shining Gale will improve as much as Herecomesthetruth but I would certainly rate him higher than his currant 144, maybe around 148. As I say he was a faller lto so never really got to show whether he has come on for the defeat of Herecomesthetruth and is well worth another chance.

West End Rocker is technically 3lbs in based on official ratings but in my head he isn’t due to my thoughts on Shining Gale’s OR. He put in a great run on his seasonal and chase debut at Chepstow behind Wichita Lineman but really did fail to come on for that, jumping poorly and eventually getting comfortably beaten 11L by Ballyfitz. Improvement is due since he has only had the 2 runs over fences, but I'm not convinced that he has it in him and that chase debut was possible a one off so I will oppose him here today.

Race conditions suit both so there shouldn’t be any trouble for either in that department. Hopefully WER will be well supported leaving a little value in Shining Gale.

Selection Review:

15-00 – Shining Gale

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Tuesday 17th February Overview

Race 1 – Southwell 15-00:

Shining Gale was well backed and went off 10/11f, but he failed to run as well as expected jumping right throughout and was 4L back from a fair way out. He did respond to Fehily’s urging though and he was right back in contention with 4 to jump, but Best Actor upped the pace and both Shining Gale and West End Rocker were soon beaten and Best Actor went on to win by as much as he liked. Shining Gale ended up a poor 4th and should be more suited to a right-handed track in future.

4th

A loss of 10pts on the day.

Total Bets: 110 Total Staked: 1071pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1220.59pts Strike Rate: 48/110 (43.64%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 1) Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 (14/1 Adv. ‘The Ring’) & (Mitchel Henry) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (Ikorodu Road) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 449.59pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +149.59pts Profit/Loss at SP: +79.82pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 13.97%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Wednesday 18th February

Doncaster– Left-Handed, Galloping, Flat Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – H Daly (33%), P Nicholls (25%) & Venteia Williams (25%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Mark Bradburne (25%), Sam Thomas (18%) & Wayne Hutchinson (15%) Going: Good, Good to Soft in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (25%) & Chase (50%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (20%) & Chase (39%)

Selections Wednesday 18th February

Doncaster:

13-40 Hurdle:

Higgy’s Boy won on his hurdling debut at the end of December in what looks like a better quality race than this. That run came on similar ground so based on that run it will be very hard to see him beaten here. He followed that up with a poor run in a grade 2 at Cheltenham, the ground didn’t suit though and he was outclassed but with him moving to back to a more suitable surface here I can see him winning this comfortably to Forget It who I would rate as 2nd best.

Ludlow:

15-35 Hurdle:

Nortonthorpe Lad is the most consistent of these here and he is sure to get his head at some point while still being nicely handicapped. His last ten runs read 4322132242, so he is sure to get involved today and with the ground in his favour he could be hard to beat at decent odds. He is only 2lbs up on his last run where he was beaten just 1½L by Red Admiral who is having quite a good season. He steps up in distance here today and that could make the world of difference as he has been running on in the last couple of races so he looks like he wants a tad further.

The main dangers will be working title who was 3rd lto at Ascot so based on that he should go close again here, is dropping down in class but also drops down in distance which is the reason for him being overlooked in this event. Harry Trickster is also a worry though I will leave him until he is fully proven as although he showed as if he was coming on last time I'm not quite sure he is fully ready yet.

Selection Review:

Doncaster 13-40 – Higgy’s Boy

Ludlow 15-35 – Nortonthorpe Lad

Advised Prices 18/02/2009

Doncaster:

13-40 Hurdle – Higgy’s Boy – 11/10 Various – (10pts Win)

1st @ 10/11 :nana

Ludlow:

15-35 Hurdle – Nortonthorpe Lad – 4/1 Various – (10pts Win) 1st @ 3/1 :nana

A good day with 2 wins from 2!

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Wednesday 18th February Overview

Race 1 – Doncaster 13-40:

Higgy’s Boy put in a very comfortable ride to win while on the bridle to Terrasini who gave the winner a little scare with a few to jump. But Higgy’s Boy was given a very comfortable ride by Barry Geraghty and won by over 2L. With a hurldle to jump Terrasini was leading and looked to be troubling Higgy’s Boy but after the last HB piled away and won readily. Good start to the day.

1st

Race 2 – Ludlow 15-35:

The market couldn’t work out who they want to be favourite and it changed no less than 3 times before the off between, my selection, Nortonthorpe Lad, Harry Tricker and eventual favourite Working Title. The favourite went off in the lead but didn’t look entirely comfortable, Nortonthorpe Lad was sitting in midfield and was taking quite a keen hold but kept on well, he was put to challenge with two to jump and he went on by 4L or 5L before the last, he ran on well and although he was challenged he never looked like getting beat and scored at an SP of 3/1. 1st

Well a very good day overall with both horses obliging and coming home comfortably. Nortonthorpe Lad was the 50th horse to get a result in the thread. Hitting a bit of form now and the thread hits the 200pts profit mark for the 1st time. A profit at advised of 51pts and a profit at SP of 39.09pts.

Total Bets: 112 Total Staked: 1091pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1292.59pts Strike Rate: 50/112 (44.64%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 (Currently on a run of 2) Longest Losing Streak: 6

Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 (14/1 Adv. ‘The Ring’) & (Mitchel Henry) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 400.59pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +200.59pts Profit/Loss at SP: +118.91pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 18.39%

Seems as though my ‘New Bank’ figure has been overstated by 100pts for the last few posts, but everything else has been fine. Now fixed.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Friday 20th February

Sandown – Right-Handed, Galloping, Testing Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – P Nicholls (28%), N Henderson (18%) & P J Hobbs (17%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – J Snowden (52%), Ruby Walsh (27%) & Tony McCoy (26%) Going: Good to Soft, Good on back straight (More good on the Chase course)

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (58%) & Chase (64%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (33%) & Chase (21%)

Selections Friday 20th February

Sandown:

14-45 Hurdle:

Interesting race this with 2 potentially good types and one unknown type who could be handy.

Burton Point won on his hurdling debut at Hereford in January but followed that up with a not so promising run finishing 3rd. He was under a penalty that day and he is here again so I feel that he just won’t have enough so beat his main rivals conceding weight.

According to Dick also won on his debut and he was 2nd lto but the conditions probably weren’t ideal and I expect him to win here depending on how good Royal Charm is. According to Dick will absolutely love Sandown’s galloping track and is sure to bring the best out of him, he is dropped back in trip to the 2 miles mark here and he is sure to set a fine pace and he will stay all day long. Highly thought of and should go well and win.

Royal Charm only has one run under his belt; a 2nd over in France in listed company so he should be a fair animal, receives a hell of a lot of weight due to him being a 4 year old and if he runs well could well win, but I will pass based on the fact we haven’t seen him and go with the value on According to Dick.

15-20 Chase:

I really rate both Doctor David and Free World but I fancy Free World to bounce back and reverse the form on Panjo Bere.

Doctor David is a really fine animal and jumps superbly in the main so there will be no worries in that department, but I really feel that he will not have the pace to get past Free World. The track will suit him as does the ground but he will have to put in a career best to win this in my opinion.

Free World showed sublime ability when getting pipped by Aruldur here at Sandown in December, a race which was run faster than Master Minded’s victory that day. He followed up that run though with a shocker Ascot lto and was beaten comfortably by Panjo Bere who goes again here. I feel he will be back to his best and his preparation for the Arkle should end with a victory here in time for the big race. Runs well here so clearly likes the track and with Nicholls in better form than when he last ran I think he will take this with ease and with pace. Currently trading at 23/10 on Betfair so a nice price could be available come tomorrow morning.

Selection Review:

14-45 – According to Dick

15-20 – Free World