NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09

NMc106

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09

Advised Prices 20/02/2009

Sandown:

14-45 Hurdle – According to Dick – 7/4 Various – (10pts Win)

1st @ 2/1 :nana

15-20 Chase – Free World – 9/4 Various – (10pts Win)

3rd @ 15/8 :(
Another day of profit, pity about Free World letting me down again!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Friday 20th February Overview

Race 1 – Sandown 14-45:

According To Dick put in a very good run to win by 2¼L to Royal Charm. He improved for his debut over the sticks and with a step up in distance could be quite handy in his next few races before he goes Chasing. Jumped well in the main apart from the slight air jump at the last, but that just shows he is a good chaser in the making and is certainly one to look out for next season.

1st

Race 2 – Sandown 15-20:

Well a shock here as the 2 I didn’t fancy at all finished 1st and 2nd though the other 3 never ran well at all so the form isn’t the most concrete of form. Free World set the pace as expected but he couldn’t hold on and was pipped in the final 100 yards and ended up finishing 3rd. He doesn’t look to promising for the Arkle and my bet looks as good as beat.

3rd

Another day of profit but once again Free World lets me down, would have equalled my longest winning streak had he won. A profit of 7.5pts at advised and 10pts profit at SP.

Total Bets: 114 Total Staked: 1111pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1320.09pts Strike Rate: 51/114 (44.74%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 1)

Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 (14/1 Adv. ‘The Ring’) & (Mitchel Henry) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 408.09pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +208.09pts Profit/Loss at SP: +128.91pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 18.73%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Saturday 21st February

Kempton – Right-Handed, Sharpish, Flat Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – N Henderson (25%), P Nicholls (24%) & N Twiston-Davis (20%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Ruby Walsh (31%), Robert Thornton (20%) & Richard Johnson (15%) Going: Good, Good to Soft

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (43%) & Chase (43%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (24%) & Chase (31%)

Selections Saturday 21st February

Kempton:

13-30 Hurdle:

Spent ages trying to work this out but I'm still not too wise!

Dansimar won lto and is interesting due to the fact she returns here under a penalty, Williams yard is in fine fettle at the moment and is sure to get here back to her best after just a 6 day break. Should go well on the good ground though would prefer some cut. This is a more competitive race than lto so improvement must come if she is to follow up. Possibly back to her good form that she showed last season though after a slow start this term.

King Jack made a decent start this season with a 4th at Sandown but UR lto, though was still travelling well. Richard Johnson back on board is encouraging as he got a great run out of him back in April where he looked a difficult ride. Potentially well handicapped after remaining at 125 and could well go close, though does race on good ground for the 1st time.

Thundering Star won on his hurdling debut but has failed to follow up on next two runs while hot favourite. Both runs came on soft ground though and he possibly found it difficult to jump out of the ground. Good ground here so could sort out his jumping, was a grade 1 flat winner so certainly has pace and if his jumping does improve he could be the one to beat.

Lady Pilot is in good form this season and won lto but is penalised 12lbs and will really have to up his game. Tony McCoy on board breeds confidence though and although not a hot pick is currently trading at 16’s on Betfair which seems far too big. Recent form has been cemented through the runs of Chaim, but I feel he could struggle under a big weight rise.

Dusky Lord is hard to judge how he has been running recently as he has been running is graded events against the likes of Celestial Halo and Osana, so he has never been expected to go close. Only had the one run this season so should come on for it and if he runs as he did in the Coral Cup back in March he could go close but I'm not sure if he retains that ability.

Selection Rating (Thundering Star): (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png) Selection Rating (King Jack): (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png)

14-05 Hurdle:

Another great race that isn’t easy to find a good value winner.

I am going to score off Dee Ee Williams and Alfie Flitts as I feel that Dee Ee Williams has come and gone this season which is a real shame as he looked fantastic on his first few outings and looked to be a good thing, but has lost his way slightly and has been pulled out of his Cheltenham Races. Alfie Flitts is another good runner but I will score him off as I feel that this company wont suit his style, and he wont run his race.

Ainama who is as short as 11/2 for the Supreme Novices is probably a fair hurdler but at the odds kicking about is totally overrated. He won well on his debut but what did he really beat? A decent flat performer. As I say he is very low in the Supreme Novices betting at a current best of 13/2 which, to me, seems ridiculous. 13/1 seems even a bit short! Again with the odds involved here he is forecasted up at 6/4 which is probably fair but the bookies have opened at 8/11 which again is ridiculous. Pass.

Conflictofinterest is my selection and to me could well win the supreme novices if he puts in an encouraging run here. Is rated extremely highly by Paul Nicholls and wasn’t totally disgraced on his only hurdling start. If he comes on for that, which I'm sure he will, he could win this and go on and win the Supreme Novices. The better ground will suit him here as he wasn’t entirely confident on his debut in the soft ground and with Ruby aboard the sky is the limit for this one. 7/1 seems fair based on his opening effort.

He is currently 25/1 for the Supreme Novices and if he wins this he will be as short as 7’s or 8’s. Back him to win this and the SN.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.png)

15-10 Chase:

Race of the day here and I am just going to write about my selection.

Jim Goldie usually means business when he leaves sunny Scotland with a few runners, especially confident if he has just the one runner. His only runner today is Endless Power a decent front runner who could well cause a shock here off what looks a potentially decent mark. He will go fine on the good ground as he has past form, which can’t be said about all the runners in this. Robert Thornton being booked for the ride for the 1st time is also encouraging and if he gets his way out front it could be hard to get past him. Possible worries over the distance as he is yet run over 3 miles but if trainer is aiming him at the National then there shouldn’t be an worries at all. Good chance at big odds of around 33/1.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png)

Selection Review:

13-30 – Thundering Star & King Jack

14-05 – Conflictofinterest

15-10 – Endless Power

Will post bets and advised prices in a mo.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 21/02/2009

Kempton:

13-30 Hurdle – Thundering Star – NO ADVISED YET – (10pts Win)

13-30 Hurdle – King Jack – NO ADVISED YET – (5pts EW: 3 places, ¼ odds)

14-05 Hurdle – Conflictofinterest – 7/1 Bet365 – (10pts Win)

15-10 Chase – Endless Power – 33/1 Various – (5pts EW: 4 places, ¼ odds)

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Here are todays complete advised prices. Advised Prices 21/02/2009

Kempton:

13-30 Hurdle – Thundering Star – 100/30 Skybet & Coral– (10pts Win)

13-30 Hurdle – King Jack – 14/1 Bet365 – (5pts EW: 3 places, ¼ odds)

Plus the early prices taken last night (Both still available now though):

Here are todays complete advised prices. Advised Prices 21/02/2009

Kempton:

13-30 Hurdle – Thundering Star – 100/30 Skybet & Coral– (10pts Win) 3rd @ 5/2

:( 13-30 Hurdle – King Jack – 14/1 Bet365 – (5pts EW: 3 places, ¼ odds)

12th @ 10/1 :(

Plus the early prices taken last night (Both still available now though):

3rd @ 9/1 :(

Pulled Up @ 25/1 :(

Not the best of days!

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Saturday 21st February Overview

Race 1 – Kempton 13-30:

I had 2 selections in this and they both ran completely different. Favourite Thundering Star never settled and was being ridden along in the very early stages but he did settle down to be fair to him and he really should have won after he jumped the last best of the challenging 3. He only managed 3rd though and he seems one who doesn’t want to put his head in front. King Jack put in a very good run and sitting in 2nd throughout and going comfortably until 2 out where he tired rapidly and in the end came home 12th.

3rd & 12th

Race 2 – Kempton 14-05:

I really fancied Conflictofinterest to come on for his hurdling debut and he did but he didn’t quite have enough to win but he still looked green and was cut for the Supreme Novices after the race. He has only had 2 runs over fences and he will probably go straight to the Supreme Novices now and if he comes on again he could go very close as he travelled strongly throughout and was an eyecatcher.

3rd

Race 3 – Kempton 15-10:

This was the big race of the day and my selection was outside Endless Power. He was a front runner as expected but although he started well his jumping wasn’t fluent and he was eventually pulled up 4 from home. His fellow front runner Nacarat ran a cracker and made a competitive race look easy winning by amount he wanted.

Pulled Up

Not a good day of results but certainly a good day of racing. A loss of 40pts at both advised and Sp due to me not having any return on the four selected horses.

Total Bets: 118 Total Staked: 1151pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1320.09pts Strike Rate: 51/118 (43.22%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 5)

Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 (14/1 Adv. ‘The Ring’) & (Mitchel Henry) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 368.09pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +168.09pts Profit/Loss at SP: +88.91pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 14.60%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Sunday 22nd February

Fontwell – Left-Handed, Fairly Sharp Hurdles Track; Figure of 8, Undulating Chase Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – P Nicholls (28%), D Pipe (23%) & G Moore (21%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Tony McCoy (26%), Sam Thomas (21%) & Jamie Moore (20%) Going: Good to Soft, Good in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (41%) & Chase (55%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (25%) & Chase (38%)

Selections Sunday 22nd February

Fontwell:

14-40 Chase:

According to Paul Nicholls Kicks For Free will love this step up in distance so any fears over the step up should be wiped out straight away. He is far and away the best performer in this and really is a class jumper. Has 18lbs in his favour from Sound Accord and 25lbs over MountSandel. Hasn’t finished out of the first 2 this season so far and he really should get his 2nd victory of the campaign. Has finished runner up last 2 times out to the progressive The Market Man & Calgary Bay while conceding 7lbs and 4lbs to the pair respectively. He will go well if the ground is good and he will also go well if there is a bit more cut in the ground than advertised so this race is for the taking though the odds will more than likely reflect this!

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.png)

15-45 Hurdle:

A lot of these runners have a lot to prove including Pierrot Lunaire (has fallen last two outings), Straw Bear (that he still wants to win/run) & Afsoun (that he retains all his ability over hurdles). So that leaves the gutsy Lough Derg.

This will be Lough Derg’s 8th run this season and he seems to be getting better with every one of them, he will never give in and this race may pan out perfectly for the front-runner. He was so unlucky lto getting beaten by Serabad on the line where he was fighting back after being headed a few yards before. As I say he is a front runner and will be here again with Hills Of Aran which means that he will be able to concentrate and that stamina will be crucial which will work into the Pipe trained runners ‘hands’. He will stay all day, never knows when he is beaten and should win this.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Selection Review:

14-40 – Kick For Free

15-45 – Lough Derg

Will post bets and advised prices in the morning.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 One early price to go up, looking on Oddschecker and Paddy Power have got Lough Derg at 9/4 which seems massive so taking that with a 15pts win bet as the stake. Advised Prices 22/02/2009

Fontwell:

14-40 Chase – Kicks For Free – NO ADVISED YET – (10pts Win)

15-45 Hurdle – Lough Derg – 9/4 Paddy Power – (15pts Win)

Full advised prices. Advised Prices 22/02/2009

Fontwell:

14-40 Chase – Kicks For Free – 1/3 Various – (10pts Win)

3rd @ 1/4 :(

15-45 Hurdle – Lough Derg – 9/4 Paddy Power – (15pts Win)

1st @ 5/2 :nana
Lough Derg is a Hero :clap

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Sunday 22nd February Overview

Race 1 – Fontwell 14-40:

Kick For Free was ridden patiently from the back but it didn’t pay off. His jumping wasn’t immaculate throughout and he was struggling from some way out. So overall a poor run from him as he was well in on both of his opponents but he failed to take advantage.

3rd

Race 2 – Fontwell 15-45:

Another quite breath-taking performance from Lough Derg! Once again he was under pressure from a fair fair way out with 3 horses going better than him at the time, but he goes on and on and on. Another gallant performance from the Pipe trained runner and he really has had a good season. Well done!

1st

Not the best of starts with 1/4 Kicks For Free being overturned, but the day got better the next with another brilliant performance from Lough Derg. Profit at advised of 23.75pts and profit at SP of 27.50pts

Total Bets: 120 Total Staked: 1176pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1368.84pts Strike Rate: 52/120 (43.33%) Longest Winning Streak: 4 (Currently on a run of 1)

Longest Losing Streak: 6

Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 391.84pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +191.84pts Profit/Loss at SP: +116.41pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 16.31%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 23rd February

Hereford– Right-Handed, Predominately Galloping Track with Stiffish Fences Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – A King (23%), P Hobbs (21%) & Venetia Williams (19%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Tony McCoy (26%), Robert Thronton (21%) & Richard Johnson (19%) Going: Good to Soft, Good in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (40%) & Chase (48%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (25%) & Chase (36%)

Selections Monday 23rd February

Hereford:

15-30 Chase:

A good chance this for Lamanver Homerun to get 2 wins in a row over fences. Won very easily at Exeter over fences in December at a similar distance and with her receiving what could be crucial weight from her main opponents here she must go close again. She was given a run lto over hurdles, finishing 3rd in a class 2 event so she was far from disgraced. The return to the galloping track will also help her cause and Nicholls is back in form so a really good chance here.

Selection Review:

13-30 – Lamanver Homerun

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 23rd February Overview

Race 1 – Hereford 15-30:

Lamanver Homerun ran absolutely perfectly throughout the race before bailing at the last when miles clear and still cruising. Given a great ride by Ruby she was sitting in midfield before casually challenging from the lead and taking over at the front, nothing could go with her and she was jumping really well. But the last loomed up and she landed awkwardly dumping her jockey on the grass. Infuriating.

Fell

Loss of 10pts at both advised and SP.

Total Bets: 121 Total Staked: 1186pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1368.84pts Strike Rate: 52/121 (42.98%) Longest Winning Streak: 4

Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 1)

Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 381.84pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +181.84pts Profit/Loss at SP: +106.41pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 15.33%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Tuesday 24th February

Leicester– Right-Handed, Galloping, Testing Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – R Alner (30%), A King (23%) & Venetia Williams (22%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Tony McCoy (33%), Timmy Murphy (26%) & obert Thornton (22%) Going: Good, Good to Soft in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (39%) & Chase (40%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (29%) & Chase (31%)

Selections Tuesday 24th February

Leicester:

15-50 Chase:

Royal and Sun Alliance hopeful Lightning Strike goes here and really must win to keep his plan on track. Won his first 2 races over fences extremely comfortably but found the outing last time too quick at Kempton finishing 3rd, though the 2nd in that race Oceanos Des Obeaux has since gone onto win well so the form looks good. He should go well on the good ground and the step up in distance should do him good as the pace won’t be too frantic for him as it was lto.

Main rival will be Jaunty flight who receives 11lbs due her mares allowance but I can’t see her getting past Lightning Strike and her jumping must improve.

16-50 Chase:

I'm a Legend will love this ground and he is the selection. He jumped really well lto at Fontwell but the heavy ground got the better of him and he tired tamely. Remains off the same mark as he did then which is fair to me and he could potentially go very close here. He has 2 wins this season already both coming on good to soft and his 2 runs since then have both come on testing ground so he should relish the better to good ground here. A very good chance and really should get a place at least, but possibly a win if he gets the running.

Selection Review:

15-50 – Lightning Strike

16-50 – I'm a Legend

Advised Prices 24/02/2009

Leicester:

15-50 Chase – Lightning Strike – 11/8 Various – (10pts Win)

1st @ 8/13 :nana

16-50 Chase – I'm a Legend – 12/1 Blue Sq & 888Sport – (5pts EW: 3 places 1/5 odds) 4th @ 8/1 :(

Rule 4 taken into account for Lightning Strikes victory.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Tuesday 24th February Overview

Race 1 – Leicester 15-50:

Lightning Strikes main rival Jaunty Flight was pulled out meaning a great chance for him to get back to winning ways. He did the business running and jumping really well to score as easily as he wanted. Unfortunately due to the withdrawal there was a 40p rule 4 deduction for the final odds.

1st

Race 2 – Leicester 16-50:

My BBotD ran pretty well in the main but made one mistake three from home which probably lost him about 3 lengths and ultimately a place. He was ridden from the back and got into contention but could only manage 4th in the end getting beaten a neck for the place.

4th

Loss of 1.75pts at advised and a loss of 3.85pts at SP.

Total Bets: 122 Total Staked: 1206pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1387.09pts Strike Rate: 53/122 (43.44%) Longest Winning Streak: 4

Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 1)

Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 380.09pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +180.09pts Profit/Loss at SP: +102.56pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 14.93%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Thursday 26th February

Ludlow– Right-Handed, Sharp Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – N Henderson (33%), Venetia Williams (22%) & Jonjo O’Neill (20%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Tony McCoy (24%), Noel Fehily (21%) & Richard Johnson (19%) Going: Good

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (39%) & Chase (44%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (26%) & Chase (36%)

Selections Thursday 26th February

Ludlow:

14-50 Chase:

Supreme Duke and Berings Express have met each other once before, the latter getting the better of his opponents that time by 6L. Supreme Duke could well reverse the form here though as Berings Express didn’t look the best lto when pulled up and is tried with cheek pieces here so could be best leaving him alone.

My selection though will be Raysrock who was very progressive over hurdles last season and was expected to do well over fences this season but so far he hasn’t shown much from his 3 starts. He is potentially a very good chaser but I think he needs a win in him before he can really show it and I feel he could get it here today. The good ground will help his jumping and could be the difference with all 3 of his runs coming on softer ground than we have here. Finished 3rd lto in handicap debut but he found it hard conceding weight to all his rivals and back to a non-handicap could also see him in better light. Potentially a big run in him at good odds at hopefully around 9/1.

15-20 Hurdle:

Balthazar King made his handicap debut lto and didn’t run too well in 3rd but the conditions were terrible and he can be excused that and has a chance to make amends here in better conditions. His run before that was quite pleasing finishing a close 3rd. Good chance here but may find 1 or 2 too good again.

Patsy Finnegan is 4lbs in here after winning well 8 days ago and is turned out again under a 7lbs penalty so certainly has a chance. I don’t really like horses getting turned out again quickly as the amount of times where they run poorly is quite high so based on that I shall overlook him here but if he does run up to standard he should go close.

My selection though will be outsider Rothres who showed a lot of promise and that he was going in the right direction lto. Makes his handicap debut here and seems to be of a potentially good mark after beating 115 rated Wistow by 1L and only got beat 2L by the winner who was rated 118 at the time, so for him to go off at 105 looks promising. Further improvement might well come as he has only had 3 runs this season and the better ground could also see him better. Decent chance at good odds.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png)

16-20 Hurdle:

Ballingaddy stayed on very strongly lto and this step up in distance could be the difference. He looks to be off a nice mark for his handicap debut and the good ground should also help. Goes with the first time blinkers which should help his concentration and with Alan King in pretty good form this could be an ideal opportunity to get off the mark. Should also go off at decent odds of around 8/1 so certainly a good each way opportunity to say the least.

Selection Review:

14-50 – Raysrock

15-20 – Rothres

16-20 - Ballingaddy

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Having a look at the odds currently available, and I am happy to take a couple of the early offers: Advised Prices 24/02/2009

Ludlow:

14-50 Chase – Raysrock – 10/1 Paddy Power – (10pts Win)

15-20 Hurdle – Rothres – 14/1 Bet365 – (5pts EW: 3 places 1/5 odds)

16-20 Hurdle – Ballingaddy – NO ADVISED YET – ()

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Full advised prices: Advised Prices 24/02/2009

Ludlow:

16-20 Hurdle – Ballingaddy – 7/1 Various – (5pts EW: 3 places, 1/5 odds) Gutted about Rothres who I took last night at 14's and now sits at 33's!! Ah well Raysrock is only 8's now and I took 10's last night so can't complain.

Full advised prices: Advised Prices 24/02/2009

Ludlow:

NR

NR

16-20 Hurdle – Ballingaddy – 7/1 Various – (5pts EW: 3 places, 1/5 odds) 8th @ 14/1 Gutted about Rothres who I took last night at 14's and now sits at 33's!! Ah well Raysrock is only 8's now and I took 10's last night so can't complain.

Two non-runners and a woeful bet. That was my super nap aswell :lol

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Thursday 26th February Overview

Race 1 – Ludlow 16-20:

My selection wasn’t well backed before and drifter to 14’s. Tried to get involved for a bit but failed and tailed off.

8th

Loss of 10pts at advised and at SP.

Total Bets: 123 Total Staked: 1216pts Total Returned @ Advised: 1387.09pts Strike Rate: 53/123 (43.09%) Longest Winning Streak: 4

Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 2)

Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 370.09pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +170.09pts Profit/Loss at SP: +92.56pts

Yeild% @ Advised: 13.99%

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Friday 27th February

Newbury – Left-Handed, Galloping Track with Stiff Fences Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – P Nicholls (26%), N Henderson (19%) & P J Hobbs (19%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Ruby Walsh (30%), Tony McCoy (23%) & Mick Fitzgerald (18%) Going: Good, Good to Soft in places

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (47%) & Chase (50%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (27%) & Chase (29%)

Doncaster– Left-Handed, Galloping, Flat Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – H Daly (35%), P Nicholls (25%) & Venetia Williams (23%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Robert Thornton (26%), Mark Bradburne (22%) & Sam Thomas (17%) Going: Good, Good to Firm in place on hurdles course

Favourite Records:

Non-Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (29%) & Chase (50%) Handicap (Win %) – Hurdle (19%) & Chase (38%)

Selections Friday 27th February

Newbury:

15-15 Chase:

Ordre De Bataille won well lto beating Ping Pong Sivola by 7L who has since go on to win twice from 2 starts in a couple of good race so based on that Ordre De Bataille should go very well here. Goes well on real good ground which can’t be said for a lot of these so a certain advantage there and was only raised 6lbs for that victory lto so is still well handicapped. Christian Williams goes on Ordre for the first time so a slight concern there but not enough to put me off. Trainer Daly has won this race a couple of times in the past so he knows what it takes and this could be a good chance to get another win under his belt here.

Very Cool looks extremely well handicapped based on his hurdling form as he won 130 over hurdles and is only rated 107 over fences so a good run could see him romp this and is certainly one to keep an eye on. Won chase debut off of 94 and was raised to his mark of 107 which he has had two runs off and failed to place. The first time he was going very well when hampered though that was over a distance of 3miles 4 furlongs. Lto he made a bad mistake and never managed to overcome it so was beaten into 4th again. Must have a great chance here and if he goes to around 4/1 I would say lump on and even a round of jumping where he doesn’t make any bad mistakes could see him win. Just noticed he is currently 4/1 with Bet365 so he will also be a selection.

Selection Rating (Ordre De Bataille): (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png) Selection Rating (Very Cool): (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Doncaster:

16-10 Chase:

Wot Way Chief ran poorly lto but I feel the better conditions and the drop of 2lbs from his mark should see him back to expected and he should go close here. He was beaten 14L by rival again Arumun and both have been dropped 2lbs but I fully expect Wot Way Chief to reverse the form here and get the better of Aremun. He is stepped up 2 furlongs and the run lto came on soft ground which doesn’t seem to suit the Jefferson trained 8 year old and the return to good ground will go a long way in helping him return to form.

Selection Review:

15-15 Newbury – Very Cool

15-15 Newbury – Ordre De Bataille

16-10 Doncaster – Wot Way Chief

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 full advised: Advised Prices 27/02/2009

Newbury:

15-15 Chase – Ordre De Bataille – 5/1 Bet665 & Paddy Power – (5pts EW: 3 places 1/5 odds)

15-15 Chase – Very Cool – 4/1 Bet365 – (10pts Win) Doncaster: 16-10 Chase - Wot Way Chief - 10/30 Various - (10pts Win)