** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09

NMc106

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09

Advised Prices 08/12/2008

Musselburgh

12-50 Chase – KalmoBay – 11/2 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds) 1st @ 7/1 :nana

13-20 Hurdle – Red Moloney – 8/11 Various (Win)

1st @ 5/6 :nana

13-50 Hurdle – Pakineo Des Pictons – 9/1 Sporting Bet (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 odds) 5th @ 8/1 :(

Best day so far with 2 of the 3 selections winning. Only dissapointment was in the last. Will post full update later on.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 8th December Overview

3 Selections today, didn’t focus as much on non-handicaps and it seemed to pay off, for today at least.

Race 1 –Musselburgh 12-50:

KalmoBay never gave in and although he looked beat some way out he kept on fighting and ended up winning by ¾L. He jumped pretty well and there wasn’t any big mistakes worth noting.

1st

Race 2 – Musselburgh 13-20:

Red Moloney and Skylancer were fighting it out from 2 out before Skylancer weakened into 4th which left the favourite to go and win comfortably by 5L. Good prospect this and possibly worth keeping an eye on.

1st

Race 3 – Musselburgh 13-50:

A poor run again by Pakineo Des Pictons saw him finish a disappointing 5th on his third start this season. He never looked like catching the winner though with two to jump I though he was going to get a place or even get into 2nd. But he just didn’t have enough on the run in so was pegged back into 5th.

5th

A good 7/1 winner in the 12-50 followed by a comfortable 5/6 winner was good enough to secure a decent profit for the day. Another poor run by Pakineo Des Pictons was disappointing and was the only loss of an otherwise pretty impressive day. There is now a better return at SP than at the advised price which is interesting.

Total Bets: 23 Total Staked: 230pts Total Returned @ Advised: 212.07pts Strike Rate: 10/23 (43.48%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 Longest Losing Streak: 6 (Currently on a run of 1) Highest Priced Winner: 7/1 (Kalmo Bay)
Highest Priced Place
: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 182.07pts Profit/Loss at Advised: -17.93pts Profit/Loss at SP: -5.32pts

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 I don't really know what happened there Bowles! It seems to have gone wrong, I started with the correct stats but its gone a bit haywire!! Probably me just not paying attention even though I do type them in and not copy and paste them!! Im obviously not changing to the jump tab I suppose and im just typing away mindlessly, cheers for pointing it out though!

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Tuesday 9th December – Punchestown, Fontwell & Sedgefield Can't see much I fancy for racing today, either very tight races or just not much quality. Have manged to pick out a few races in which I fancy a few runners.

Fontwell – Left-Handed, Fairly Sharp Hurdles Track / Undulating Chase Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – M C Pipe (26%), G L Moore (20%) & P F Nicholls (20%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – A P McCoy (31%), Jamie Moore (20%) & Timmy Murphy (20%) Going: Good to Soft, Good in places.

Sedgefield – Left-Handed, Sharp, Undulating Testing Track With Easy Fences. Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – N G Richards (20%), Ferdy Murphy (17%) & Howard Johnson (16%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – G Lee (20%), Tony Dobbin (16%) & Brian Harding (9%) Going: Soft, Heavy places in back straight, Good to soft in straight.

Selections Tuesday 9th December

Punchestown:

14-05 Chase – The John Durkan chase here and it seems to be a scrap between War of Attrition & Noland, but I am going to side with last years winner The Listener. He absolutely loves heavy ground and although the 2 market leaders have won on heavy ground he has a much better record with F21F121 and he was well in contention when he fell. Won last year so is obviously a CD winner and same jockey means he knows how to win this. The advised price is 5/1 as available now with many bookies.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Fontwell:

15-10 Chase – Tight race this and I managed to narrow the field down to 3. Just Poppytee though gets nudged based on the ground will probably be just to soft for him. That leaves both Freeze Up & Its A Classic. Both have a great shout here and although I fancy the latter a little bit more Freeze up is pretty well regarded and new trainer could spark him into a decent performance so will happily back the 2.

Selection Rating: Freeze Up (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png) & Its A Classic (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Sedgefield:

15-20 Hurdle – Its looks as though the ground is going to be too soft for Blast The Past and NevskyBridge really didn’t breed confidence after throwing away the lead here lto. The selection will go to Programme Girl who has a really good hurdling record (6 wins and 3 Seconds from 10 runs) though has had problems with breathing in the past. If she comes here in decent form then she could go close.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png)

Will post up bets and advised prices in the morning.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 09/12/2008

Punchestown:

14-05 Chase – The Listener – 5/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

Fontwell:

15-10 Hurdle – Its A Classic – 15/2 Various (Win) 15-10 Hurdle – Freeze Up – 9/2 Various (Win)

Sedgefield:

15-20 Hurdle – Programme Girl– N/R

Advised Prices 09/12/2008

Punchestown:

14-05 Chase – The Listener – 5/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds) 2nd @ 9/2 :)

Fontwell:

15-10 Hurdle – Its A Classic – 15/2 Various (Win) Refused @ 15/2 :( 15-10 Hurdle – Freeze Up – 9/2 Various (Win)

1st @ 7/2 :nana

Sedgefield:

15-20 Hurdle – Programme Girl– N/R

Another day of profit. Bet overview in a mo.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Tuesday 9th December Overview

4 Selections today over 3 races though 1 turned out to be a non-runner which left 3 runners in just the 2 races.

Race 1 –Punchestown 14-05:

The Listener was the front runner but made a bad mistake a few out to let Noland go on but he fought back and was only beaten by about 1L, he was gaining when the line came and it was a good run by the winner of last years race.

2nd

Race 2 – Fontwell 15-10:

I had 2 selections in this race, both were bet to win and both ran well; 1 in particular. Its A Classic ran well throughout apart from 1 dodgy jump and he was guaranteed 3rd when he refused to jump at the last, he had no chance with the eventual winner though. Freeze Up when off 7/2 and ran a blinder, he was the front marker with Mr Big and went on with 4 to jump to win by a fair distance while cantering along. The advised price of 9/2 turned out to be a very nice price.

1st & Refused

Another day of profit which started quite well when The Listener turned out to be a very safe E/W bet and could have won if there was an extra 100 yards. A great run by Freeze Up brought home a nice profit. Thread is now in profit for the 1st time since starting, Happy Days!

Total Bets: 26 Total Staked: 260pts Total Returned @ Advised: 277.07pts Strike Rate: 12/26 (46.15%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 (Currently on a run of 1) Longest Losing Streak: 6 Highest Priced Winner: 7/1 (KalmoBay)
Highest Priced Place
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 217.07pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +17.07pts Profit/Loss at SP: +10.18pts

PS. My last SP P/L total was -5.32, when it should have been -14.32. I somehow managed to credit myself £9 but it’s correct as of now!

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Wednesday 10th December – Leicester

Just the 1 meeting today due to the cancellation of Hexham

Leicester –Right-Handed, Galloping, Testing Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – A King (26%), Venetia Williams (26%) & M C Pipe (21%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – A P McCoy (33%), Timmy Murphy (26%) & Robert Thornton (25%) Going: Hurdle: Heavy / Chase: Soft.

Selections Wednesday 10th December

Leicester:

13-50 Hurdle – This is quite tight this and I found it hard to decide between Make Haste, Midnight Chase & Snake Charmer, but in the end I have went for the latter. He was fitted with blinkers 2 runs ago and ran well in both even though he UR in the 1st of them. Was 3rd lto but steps back up in distance here to suit, he also goes well on soft ground so today’s testing conditions should be ok for him.

14-20 Chase – Good race where I have narrowed the field down to 2 E/W shots. Mage D’Estruval was dropped back distance lto and didn’t run well though is back to optimum distance and has shown a lot of promise since coming over from France, really loves soft ground and has a great chance here at good odds. Kitski is up 1lb since lto where he put in a good performance to finish 3rd in a class 2 at Huntingdon, new jockey has 7lbs claimer (last had 5lbs) and he goes well on soft ground so decent E/W chance.

Selection Rating: Kitski (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png) & Mage D’Estruval (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Will post up bets and advised prices in a mo.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 10/12/2008

Leicester:

13-50 Hurdle – Snake Charmer – 11/2 SportingBet (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

14-20 Chase – Mage D’Estruval – 11/1 SportingBet (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

14-20 Chase – Kitski – 10/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

Advised Prices 10/12/2008

Leicester:

13-50 Hurdle – Snake Charmer – 11/2 SportingBet (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds) UR @ 7/2 :(

14-20 Chase – Mage D’Estruval – 11/1 SportingBet (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

NR 14-20 Chase – Kitski – 10/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds) 3rd @ 9/2 :(

Well a messy day in all with the Snake Charmer doing well until a blunder then the 14-20 at Leicester was hit with a wave on non-runners reducing the field to just 6 after problems in the opening race.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Wednesday 10th December Overview

3 Selections here though 1 turned out to be a non-runner (along with half of the field!).

Race 1 –Leicester 13-50:

Snake Charmer ran a good race and although he came off the bridle a fair way out he fought on and was looking comfortable again when making a bad mistake 3 out and the jockey couldn’t quite hold on.

UR

Race 2 –Leicester 14-20:

There was some soft of problem (not sure what) in the 1st race with McCoy complaining about the ground which led to a frenzy of withdrawals. The field was reduced from the declared 11 down to just 6 and Mage D’Estruval was 1 of the withdrawers. That just left Kitski to look out for and with a deduction of 40p in the £ and the payout being dropped to just 2 places it wasn’t ideal. He ran pretty well and managed to finish 3rd though didn’t have a chance with the front 2.

3rd

Not a good day at all, though I don’t blame myself totally as if I had a choice I would have withdrawn my Kitski bet as at 9/2 and only the 2 places there really wasn’t any value in the bet even with the reduced field. Drop back into a slight loss on the advised again.

Total Bets: 28 Total Staked: 280pts Total Returned @ Advised: 277.07pts Strike Rate: 12/28 (42.86%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 Longest Losing Streak: 6(Currently on a run of 2) Highest Priced Winner: 7/1 (KalmoBay)
Highest Priced Place
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 197.07pts Profit/Loss at Advised: -2.93pts Profit/Loss at SP: -9.82

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Thursday 11th December – Taunton & Huntingdon

A couple of meetings here today with some interesting prospects.

Taunton – Right-Handed, Sharp Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – A King (29%), P F Nicholls (24%) & P J Hobbs (19%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Robert Thornton (32%), Sam Thomas (22%) & Richard Johnson (20%) Going: Soft, Good to Soft in places.

Huntingdon – Right-Handed, Flat, Fast Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – N J Henderson (31%), P J Hobbs (27%) & A King (23%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – A P McCoy (24%), Richard Johnson (23%) & Robert Thornton (19%) Going: Good to Soft, Good in places.

Selections Thursday 11th December

Taunton:

13-20 Chase – A Small field for this and Course and Distance winner Big Fella Thanks gets the nod. Has 2 runs over fences with a 3rd on his debut then a 2nd lto. Drops back a wee bit distance wise and the ground is ideal as he really likes it soft. I have him ante-post for the novices chase at Cheltenham so hopefully he will put in a good run to back-up his credentials.

Selection Rating: (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.png)

14-50 Hurdle – R De Rien Sivola put in a fantastic run lto at Cheltenham finishing 2nd in the Grade 2 novices hurdle. Runs on similar ground here though does step up slightly in distance. But Nicholls is starting to get into better form and I think that the main danger could be the King horse though I feel Sivola will have too much.

15-50 Hurdle – Its Tough has 2 wins and a 3rd to his name in the NH game and although he steps up in class here he certainly has a chance to improve on his current mark and I would class him as a decent E/W bet. Trainers in pretty good form and the ground shouldn’t be a problem even though he hasn’t ran on quite as soft before. Steps up to 3m for the first time also.

Huntingdon:

13-40 Chase – Race of the day with a lot of good runners and interesting comebacks. Going to Select 2 runners in this the 1st being Monet’s Garden. Wad beaten by both Snoopy Loopy and Mr McGoldrick on his 1st run this season but the better ground here and a weight turnaround see him more fancied than the 2. If he comes on for the run then he shouldn’t be far away. Natalruns at probably his best distance and the ground is in good condition for him also. Will have to improve on last run as he was beaten 7L by Mahogany Blaze, though an improvement would not be out the question.

Selection Rating: Natal (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.pngnostardm6.png) Monet’s Garden (starbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngstarbq1.pngnostardm6.png)

Will post up bets and advised prices in a mo.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 11/12/2008

Taunton:

13-20 Chase – Big Fella Thanks – 4/11 Ladbrokes (WIN)

14-50 Hurdle – R De Rien Sivola – 8/11 Various (WIN)

15-50 Hurdle – Its Tough – 13/2 Various (EW: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

Huntingdon:

13-40 Chase – Monet’s Garden – 5/1 Various (WIN)

13-40 Chase – Natal – 5/1 Various (WIN)

Advised Prices 11/12/2008

Taunton:

13-20 Chase – Big Fella Thanks – 4/11 Ladbrokes (WIN) 2nd @ 1/4 :(

14-50 Hurdle – R De Rien Sivola – 8/11 Various (WIN) 5th @ 4/5 :(

15-50 Hurdle – Its Tough – 13/2 Various (EW: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds) 8th @ 3/1 :(

Huntingdon:

13-40 Chase – Monet’s Garden – 5/1 Various (WIN)

1st @ 5/1 :nana 13-40 Chase – Natal – 5/1 Various (WIN) UR @ 9/2 :(

Bad strike rate for the day but still an overall profit made off of the 1 winner.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Thursday 11th December Overview

5 selection today spread over 4 races, with 2 horses in the big race of the day.

Race 1 – Taunton 13-20:

My Cheltenham ante-post bet Big Fella Thanks was the pick and he went off at 1/4. He jumped very left throughout and ended up running a lot further than the eventual winner. Was only beaten by a nose and I am not worried about his Cheltenham chances due to Cheltenham being left-handed.

2nd

Race 2 – Huntingdon 13-40:

The race of the day produced an exiting race and my 2 selections were quite fancied especially Natal but he unseated his rider at the 5th which just left all hopes on Monet’s Garden. He didn’t disappoint and he beat Snoopy Loopy on the run in to win by ½L

1st & UR

Race 3 – Taunton 14-50:

Odds on shot R De Rien Sivola ran well but came off the bridle with a few to jump and he was well beaten by an impressive Theatre Diva. Didn’t jump too badly throughout apart from a mistake at the last but he was never going to catch the winner anyway.

5th

Race 4 – Taunton 15-50:

A very poor run by the well backed Its Tough was not the best way to end the day. He came off the bridle with miles to go and although he fought on for a good while he inevitably was never near the winner and was beaten a fair fair distance.

8th

Not a good strike rate for the day but still a profit made from the win of Monet’s Garden. An extremely poor run by Its Tough was the lowpoint.

Total Bets: 33 Total Staked: 330pts Total Returned @ Advised: 337.07pts Strike Rate: 13/33 (39.39%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 Longest Losing Streak: 6(Currently on a run of 2) Highest Priced Winner: 7/1 (KalmoBay)
Highest Priced Place
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 207.07pts Profit/Loss at Advised: 7.07pts Profit/Loss at SP: 0.18pts

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Friday 12th December – Cheltenham

CheltenhamLeft-Handed, Galloping, Undulating and Testing Track with Stiff Fences. Top Trainers (Win%) – P F Nicholls (14%), A King (13%) & M C Pipe (12%) Top Jockeys (Win%) – Ruby Walsh (21%), Robert Thornton (15%) & A P McCoy (14%) Going: Good to Soft, Soft in Places

Selections Friday 12th December:

Cheltenham:

12-10 Chase – Only the 5 runners for this and Ballyfitz get the nod. He is the only course winner in the field which is of course always a massive advantage round Cheltenham. Has won his last 2 races (both at Cheltenham) so he is also the form horse of the lot. Ground shouldn’t pose too much of a problem and Twiston-Davis is in pretty good form as of late.

Selection Rating: (*****)

13-55 Chase – Another tight race on the card and I am going to go for Star De Mohaison who has only run twice in 2 years. If he runs up to scratch he is of course a top stayer and at 12/1 I would hate to miss out on 1 of his runs, it is a pretty big if though. Also Simon is selected; he was 2nd in this race last year and he was 5th on his debut last year as well (same happened this season). He should be at the top of his game after his 1st run and he might fancy himself of going 1 better than last year and winning this.

Selection Rating: Star De Mohaison (***--) & Simon(****-)

15-40 Hurdle – Karabak was only beaten 1L by the exciting Mad Max lto on his hurdling debut. He also has 2 good runs in bumpers and he has a great chance here. He gets 8lbs from likely favourite Mahonia which I feel is too much for Rubys ride to compete with therefore Karabak gets the nod.

Selection Rating: (****-)

Will post bets and advised prices in a mo!

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 12/12/2008

Cheltenham

12-10 Chase – BallyFitz – Evs Coral (WIN)

13-55 Chase – Simon – 15/2 Various (E/W: 3 Places, ¼ odds)

13-55 Chase – Star De Mohaison – 12/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, ¼ odds)

15-40 Hurdle – Karaback - 11/4 Various (WIN)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o />[b']Advised Prices <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 />12/12/2008

Cheltenham

12-10 Chase – BallyFitz – Evs Coral (WIN) 2nd @ 5/6 :(

13-55 Chase – Simon – 15/2 Various (E/W: 3 Places, ¼ odds) 7th @ 15/2 :(

13-55 Chase – Star De Mohaison – 12/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, ¼ odds) 2nd @ 11/1 :nana

15-40 Hurdle – Karaback - 11/4 Various (WIN) 1st @ 11/4 :nana

Pretty good day let down by BallyFitz being beaten in the 1st by an impressive looking What A Friend.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Will post race reviews later on! Updated Totals: Total Bets: 37 Total Staked: 370pts Total Returned @ Advised: 394.57pts Strike Rate: 15/37 (40.54%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 (Currently on a run of 2) Longest Losing Streak: 6 Highest Priced Winner: 7/1 (Kalmo Bay) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (Ikorodu Road) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 224.57pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +24.57pts Profit/Loss at SP: +16.43pts

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Thursday 11th December Overview

4 selections today spread over 3 races all at Cheltenham.

Race 1 – Cheltenham 12-10:

Ballyfitz was given his way up front and ran and jumped pretty well apart from a few were he wasn’t 100% fluent, but he never made any real mistakes. He quickened up on the final bend but What A Friend was cruising along at the stage and went on to win by a comfortable 7L.

2nd

Race 2 – Cheltenham 13-55:

I had 2 selections in this with Star De Mohaison & Simon, I actually fancied Simon more but it was Star De Mohaison who ran the better and could well have won it but Mon Mome fought on gallantly to win by ½L. Star De Mohaison who hasn’t been raced much didn’t look too promising over hurdles on his previous outing, but his return to chasing here brought out the best in him and he looks a fine horse once again.

2nd & 7th

Race 3 – Cheltenham 15-40:

Karabak was up against Ruby Walsh’s comeback mount who was 5/6f, but Karabak put in a fine display to win by 9L. He had 8lbs on Mahonia and it was just too much for the favourite to compete with

5th

Well a good day at Cheltenham with a decent profit overall from the 4 runners. It was good to see Star De Mohaison back to himself after a disappointing run over hurdles.

Total Bets: 37 Total Staked: 370pts Total Returned @ Advised: 394.57pts Strike Rate: 15/37 (40.54%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 (Currently on a run of 2) Longest Losing Streak: 6 Highest Priced Winner: 7/1 (KalmoBay)
Highest Priced Place
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 224.57pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +24.57pts Profit/Loss at SP: +16.43pts

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 15th December – Ayr & Plumpton

Racing today is from Ayr & Plumpton, mainly small field racing.

Ayr – Left-Handed, Fairly Galloping Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – L Lungo (22%), N G Richards (19%) & Ferdy Murphy (19%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – Tony Dobbin (26%), G Lee (20%) & Richard McGrath (17%) Going: Heavy

Plumpton – Left-Handed, Sharp Undulating Track Top 3 Trainers (Win %) – N J Henderson (36%), P F Nicholls (29%) & C J Mann (29%) Top 3 Jockeys (Win %) – A P McCoy (28%), Noel Fehily (20%) & Jamie Moore (17%) Going: Heavy

Selections Monday 15th December

Ayr:

13-25 Chase – Going to be a hard slog here at Ayr and this race brings up problems for basically all runners. King George seems to be the most fancied but I’m unsure whether the heavy ground will be entirely to his suiting. So I am going to go for CD winner Getinbybutonlyjust who has been dropped 5lbs from his lto and he looks to be well handicapped here. His record on heavy ground is 031172 which isn’t great but it is decent in relation to the others.

14-25 Chase – Sammy Spiderman was a pretty hot favourite lto but unseated his jockey while trying to get away from the pack. He therefore remains at a good mark for today’s race and should go well again. If he gets in a clear round he will certainly be there come the finish. Loves very soft ground and the conditions will be perfect for him here.

Plumpton:

14-05 Hurdle – Lots of runners here with no experience on testing ground so Aux Le Bahnn gets the chance to get his second win in a row this season. His NH record sits at 11/322P-1. Put in a good run lto winning by 5L at Sandown over a furlong less than what he will run today.

14-35 Chase – I backed Freeze Up when he won at Fontwell just 7 days ago and he will probably go off favourite despite the 7lbs penalty, I just feel that he is reappearing too quickly so I will oppose him here. The Ring put in a nice performance lto being beaten by 4L in a class 3 here at Plumpton. Remains at the same weight for today’s race and should be there or thereabouts once again, pretty safe E/W bet. Goes pretty well on softer ground and trainers in decent form also.

Will post up bets and advised prices in the morning.

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Advised Prices 15/12/2008

Ayr:

13-25 Chase – Getinbybutonlyjust – 11/2 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

14-25 Chase – Sammy Spiderman – 15/4 Sporting Bet (WIN)

Plumpton:

14-05 Hurdle – Aux Le Bahnn – 8/11 Various (WIN)

14-35 Chase – The Ring – 14/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

Advised Prices 15/12/2008

Ayr:

13-25 Chase – Getinbybutonlyjust – 11/2 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds) 5th @ 4/1 :(

14-25 Chase – Sammy Spiderman – 15/4 Sporting Bet (WIN) 1st @ 100/30 :nana

Plumpton:

14-05 Hurdle – Aux Le Bahnn – 8/11 Various (WIN) 1st @ 4/9 :nana

14-35 Chase – The Ring – 14/1 Various (E/W: 3 Places, 1/5 Odds)

1st @ 12/1 :nana
Bouncing day with everything going right apart from the first race. A real good win by The Ring caps of the best day by a mile so far!!

Re: NMc's Jumping For Joy! 2008/09 Monday 15th December Overview

4 selections today spread over 4 races; 2 at Ayr & 2 at Plumpton.

Race 1 – Ayr 13-25:

A poor start to the day saw Getinbybutonlyjust not get by at all, as he struggled from a fair distance out and was miles back from the front 3 before weakening further into 5th when he looked a dead cert of at least getting 4th. The ground shouldn’t have been a problem but he ran extremely poorly, especially as he was backed into 4/1 favouritism.

5th

Race 2 – Plumpton 14-05:

Aux Le Bahnn was an 8/11 favourite but was backed in 4/9 before the off and he cruised along near the front for most of the way. Tragic Realm fought on very bravely but once Aux Le Bahnn got in front he continued to go on comfortably and in the ed won by a margin of 7L. Looks a decent horse who should have another win or 2 in him this season.

1st

Race 3 – Ayr 14-25:

Sammy Spiderman was the selected runner here and seems that quite a few fancied him here on PL. He didn’t disappoint and although he never won convincingly his jumping wasn’t spot on so some improvement could well still be in store for his next run. He ended up winning by a head though Doc Row in the main jumped better so it was a good performance by Sammy to win.

1st

Race 4 – Plumpton 14-35:

Freeze Up was odds on this morning but eventually went off 11/10. Most must have taken into account that he only ran on Tuesday and that the ‘bounce effect’ might come into play. He rode on early but then quickly disintegrated which left my selection The Ring to go on and take it up at the front. He tired with 1 to jump but he plugged away and won by about ¼L to give me my biggest winner of the thread.

1st

A great day here which didn’t start too promisingly but got better as the races came and was topped off with a great 12/1 (14/1 advised) winner.

The thread is in a real good profit overall at both Advised & SP.

Total Bets: 41 Total Staked: 410pts Total Returned @ Advised: 553.34pts Strike Rate: 18/41 (43.90%) Longest Winning Streak: 3 (Currently on a run of 3) Longest Losing Streak: 6 Highest Priced Winner: 12/1 (14/1 Advised) (The Ring) Highest Priced Place: 16/1 (
Ikorodu Road
) Starting Bank: 200pts New Bank: 343.34pts Profit/Loss at Advised: +143.34pts Profit/Loss at SP: +116.20pts