** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Boxing: Nov 8/9

Saturday 8 November 2008Boxer 1 Draw Boxer 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Griffin, O v Licina, E (17:00GMT) 7.0034.001.08109.53 % Details »
Hide « Griffin, O v Licina, E
Abraham, A v Marquez, R (19:30GMT) 1.1260.009.80100.76 % Details »
Hide « Abraham, A v Marquez, R
McDermott, J v Williams, D (22:00GMT) 3.7521.001.22113.25 % Details »
Hide « McDermott, J v Williams, D
Sunday 9 November 2008Boxer 1 Draw Boxer 2 bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
Calzaghe, J v Jones, R (02:00GMT) 1.4332.003.55101.22 % STT1.gifpounds.gifDetails »

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9 Fancy JC on points providing we see the Calzaghe that fought Kessler and Lacy, if he shows up with the same performance he put in agaisnt Hopkins I think he could face some problems. Maybe RJJ is a touch of value at the price, in the shape of his life as well according to most pundits. Danny Williams at 1.22??? Who is he fighting? me? :unsure

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9

Fancy JC on points providing we see the Calzaghe that fought Kessler and Lacy, if he shows up with the same performance he put in agaisnt Hopkins I think he could face some problems. Maybe RJJ is a touch of value at the price, in the shape of his life as well according to most pundits. Danny Williams at 1.22??? Who is he fighting? me? :unsure
No idea who Williams is fighting, I thought McDermott had pulled out with an injury:unsure I'll deffo be backing against him when he fights Botha (in about 3 weeks:unsure), assuming Botha is the underdog. What weight probs does Calzaghe have? They both made the weight didn't they? It's light heavy, not super middleweight.

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9 Just watched the weigh in. Looked fit enough to me. Doing a bit of digging, the rumour came from Steve Bunce. Personally I think it's BS. Can't see why a bloke who has fought at super middle for most of his career would be overweight for a fight at light heavy.

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9 Time for Williams to call it a day, really awful, somehow managed to get odds of 2/1 for the other fella to win, williams was 1/6 @ the time, next round he put him on the floor. :nana Really think / want Calzaghe to win tonight, I think hes got the Pace / stamina to beat jones on points, going to have a go on outright 2/5 and points 5/6 Mike

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9 5pts R.Jones Jr to beat J.Calzaghe on points 9/2 Ladbrokes Part of this bet is for value. I think the fight will be close and I'm 90% certain it'll go to points and therefore 9/2 is huge on Jones. First of all, I wouldn't entirely rule out the draw. However I can't help but feel this fight is right for Jones Jr. He'll attempt the combination counters while Calzaghe will be the one going in search of the former pound for pound number 1. But we have to remember that even though he's fine at the weight, this is only Calzaghe's 2nd fight at the weight and that will give Jones an advantage. Jones is also looking to rebuild his career after the losses which dogged him a few years ago while Calzaghe is hoping to retire unbeaten. So this is probably a bigger fight for the American in a way and having seen how Hopkins dismantled Pavlik with the counters Jones will try and repeat that. This fight was put back 6 weeks from the original date because of a hand injury to Calzaghe and there's always a concern about his hands. No such worries about Jones' hands although his fitness is unknown. I really do think we'll see the best of Jones tonight and I think he'll take this one on points.

Have to agree Jones is definitely the value and 9/2 is enormous really. I really can't see a knockout for either fighter, so the points victory for either looks a decent bet.
I haven't had a bet yet, but I said in the other thread I'd want 5s on Jones. 9/2's getting pretty close. I think I might have a small snifter on that. I'm going to decide just before.

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9 I'm gonna take Calzaghe by Decision or Tech Decision @ EVS with 365. Can't see a knockout either and I think Joe will outpunch and outbox Jones, it was hard to look good against Hopkins and he still won, I think after winning that fight he will be able to overcome Jones who I think will be less of a problem. In the battle of the Luton Town fans I am now increasing the line to over/under 9am as to when this fecking fight will start..

He's finished Paul I think :unsure Cant believe the ref hasnt stopped this now, that cut is a shocker.
I thought 14s was good odds on a robbery.:) Well, what can you say about that? If that doesn't convince people, nothing will. I've never been his biggest fan but Lacy, Kessler, Hopkins and Jones have made a believer out of me. Well worth staying up for.:clap

Re: Boxing: Nov 8/9 Cracking performance there by Calzaghe. He has surely cemented his position as one of, if not the best ever European boxer? 118-109 on every card, that is a whitewash, and he deserved it. VEry classy performance, and he totally outboxed a legend. I think he will fight on, but not a rematch against RJJ. Chad Dawson would be a great fight, but that wouldnt happen in Wales.... would it?!