** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November

Wednesday 5 November 2008Home Draw Away bookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">BPP
AaB v Villarreal (19:45GMT) 8.804.501.50100.25 % Details »
Hide « AaB v Villarreal
Arsenal v Fenerbahçe (19:45GMT) 1.316.0013.50100.41 % Details »
Hide « Arsenal v Fenerbahçe
BATE Borisov v Zenit (19:45GMT) 4.703.651.90101.05 % Details »
Hide « BATE Borisov v Zenit
Celtic v Manchester Utd (19:45GMT) 5.903.801.73101.07 % Details »
Hide « Celtic v Manchester Utd
Dynamo Kyiv v FC Porto (19:45GMT) 2.403.403.45100.06 % Details »
Hide « Dynamo Kyiv v FC Porto
Fiorentina v Bayern München (19:45GMT) 2.523.403.10101.35 % Details »
Hide « Fiorentina v Bayern München
Lyon v Steaua (19:45GMT) 1.385.2011.00100.79 % Details »
Hide « Lyon v Steaua
Real Madrid v Juventus (19:45GMT) 1.713.806.50100.18 % Details »
Hide « Real Madrid v Juventus

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November manchester united doing really well celtic have a good home record but with rooney/ronaldo/berba hitting top form i think man u will have enough to win this 1, lyon to beat steau aswell we saw lyon come from 2 goals down away from home to win 5-3 and steau's boss resigned since then they havent won in their domestic league lyon nailed on winners for me. side bet for me is fenerbache massive odds arsenal not doing to well at all, most sides have sussed out that they lack height at the back and as stoke/hull/sunderland have all found they can be exposed at the back!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Man U will do well to get a draw at Parkhead. I know Celtic slipped up in their first home tie (v Aalborg) but their home record going back many years is incredible and they've beaten better sides than Man U there. Man U a big lay for me. No opposing side should be odds on at Celtic Park.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Dynamo Kiev vs FC Porto As a Porto supporter I'm afraid to say we're overrated for this one ... Porto have been looking in poor shape and things are simply not flowing with the team. Dynamo are a pretty decent side and I have to say it looks good for them. In past years Porto has travelled to the former Soviet Union (Moscow) around this time in need of a result and been able to get it. I think it was in 2004 and then 2006 again at CSKA. That said there just doesn't seem to be the same strength in this side. Pretty appalling displays recently and it's hard to see them turning this around dramatically in Kiev... I really hope I'm wrong but I think we will really struggle here. Value on Kiev without question, the only plus for Porto is the long experience in European competitions but their form would certainly justify a longer price on Wednesday.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November An interesting bet is Chelsea to keep a clean sheet @ 2.6 :loon Chelsea has in my mind the best defence in Europe at the mo. Romes' situation is.. complicated to say the least, Chelsea need a win to insure 1st place (almost) and Rome is a sexy place to look good. http://tuttifooty.com/Match.aspx?HomeTeam=Roma&AwayTeam=Chelsea+ Good luck

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November

Dynamo Kiev vs FC Porto As a Porto supporter I'm afraid to say we're overrated for this one ... Porto have been looking in poor shape and things are simply not flowing with the team. Dynamo are a pretty decent side and I have to say it looks good for them. In past years Porto has travelled to the former Soviet Union (Moscow) around this time in need of a result and been able to get it. I think it was in 2004 and then 2006 again at CSKA. That said there just doesn't seem to be the same strength in this side. Pretty appalling displays recently and it's hard to see them turning this around dramatically in Kiev... I really hope I'm wrong but I think we will really struggle here. Value on Kiev without question, the only plus for Porto is the long experience in European competitions but their form would certainly justify a longer price on Wednesday.
Cheers for the info mate, with loads of terribly under-priced favourites in this round of fixtures, Dynamo Kiev did stand out to me at 6/5. They are unbeaten in this years CL and look a much stronger side than last year. They won 1-0 in Portugal and the Ukraine is particularly tough to go to at this time of year. Kiev are also flying domestically where they are top of the table winning 11 of their 13 games so far. Sporting Lisbon won in the Ukraine against Shakhtar a few weeks ago but Donetsk have had a disappointing start to the season and are 15 points off the pace. Far from a banker but looks one of the best value for a home win.

Man U will do well to get a draw at Parkhead. I know Celtic slipped up in their first home tie (v Aalborg) but their home record going back many years is incredible and they've beaten better sides than Man U there. Man U a big lay for me. No opposing side should be odds on at Celtic Park.
What other sides you mean Celtic have beaten and what year was that? I don't know what the meaning but is'nt Manchester United the best team in europe? Since last seasons final in Moscow not mutch have changed in United and I wonder what you mean by "better sides". There is no better sides then Barcelona Real Madrid Chelsea Arsenal Milan Manchester U and so on. Maybe you should change it and instead write: Celtic have beaten sides equal to Man U at home because no side is better.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Liverpool - Atlético Madrid Over 2.5 Atléticos' defence is her strong part, but her attack is. This is a very prestigious match and can determine 1st place. Atlético Madrid Results 08 Oct 29 Copa Del Rey Orihuela 0:1 Atlético Madrid 08 Oct 26 La Liga Villarreal 4:4 Atlético Madrid 08 Oct 4 La Liga Barcelona 6:1 Atlético Madrid 08 Sep 24 La Liga Getafe 1:2 Atlético Madrid 08 Sep 16 Champions League PSV 0:3 Atlético Madrid 08 Sep 14 La Liga Valladolid 2:1 Atlético Madrid Atléti has conceded is every away match and most matches ended up Overs Similar story with Liverpool: Liverpool Results 08 Oct 29 English Premier Liverpool 1:0 Portsmouth 08 Oct 18 English Premier Liverpool 3:2 Wigan 08 Oct 1 Champions League Liverpool 3:1 PSV 08 Sep 23 Carling Cup Liverpool 2:1 Crewe 08 Sep 20 English Premier Liverpool 0:0 Stoke 08 Sep 13 English Premier Liverpool 2:1 Manchester United Atléti might come play for a result, this is a mistake because theyre not built for that ******.gif BOL

What other sides you mean Celtic have beaten and what year was that? I don't know what the meaning but is'nt Manchester United the best team in europe? Since last seasons final in Moscow not mutch have changed in United and I wonder what you mean by "better sides". There is no better sides then Barcelona Real Madrid Chelsea Arsenal Milan Manchester U and so on. Maybe you should change it and instead write: Celtic have beaten sides equal to Man U at home because no side is better.
Celtic have only lost once at home and that was to Barcalona. Although Celtic do have alot of players out injured.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November arsenal-fenerbahçe fener will play a derby at the weekend with galatasaray.. i dont think that fenerbahçe will care about arsenal cause fenerbahçe knows that they definitly will lose.. fener has awfull defence.. edu and lugano so slow and arsenal plays fastest football in europe.. and the most important player for fenerbahçe alex wont play.. without alex fenerbahçe is a rubbish.. arsenal -1 ; 1.82 betsson

Man U will do well to get a draw at Parkhead. I know Celtic slipped up in their first home tie (v Aalborg) but their home record going back many years is incredible and they've beaten better sides than Man U there. Man U a big lay for me. No opposing side should be odds on at Celtic Park.
A very bold statement, it is true Celtic will play with a lot of pride & passion but regarding playing better sides tha Man Utd I doubt that very much! They are not European champions for nothing, I'm no Man Utd fan but their current record is second to none. A draw is the least you can expect them to come away with, the trouble with Celtic is they are used to dominating teams & possession in Scotland. They are lost without the ball and were chasing their tails in the fixture at Old Trafford, you can argue that Man Utd had two possible offside goals but at the end of the game the look on Strachan's face new Utd were worth 3 goals.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Celtic have beat teams like Man u, Ac Milan, Juventus, Lyon, Benfica, Shakhtar. You get Ronaldo coming out and saying its the best atmosphere in the world. Celtic can beat anyone in there own back yard only Barcelona have won there in about 16 home champions league games, dont count celtic out on wednesday.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November For me also Dynamo Kiev are the stand out value bet. Ill start with Porto, they started the season fairly well going 5 games unbeaten but since then have hit a very bad patch of form losing 4 of there last 5 conceding an average of 2 a game and failed to score in 3 of them. There last 2 champions league games have resulted in a 4-0 away defeat to Arsenal and a 1-0 home defeat to Kiev. Kiev have done well in the champs league so far unbeaten 4 points away from home and were pegged back in the last minute when leading against arsenal at home. In the past 16 games dynamo have won 14 and drawn 2 and scored and incredible 44 goals in those games! Even more impressive they have only conceded 4 so have a plus 40 goal difference in 16 games! So in the last 16 games for Kiev: 14 wins 44 goals scored 4 goals conceded 12 clean sheets 12 times covered -1 handicap My Bets: Dynamo Kiev 13/10 Bet365 Dynamo Kiev -1 4/1 Bet365 Dynamo Kiev to keep a clean sheet 13/8 Bet365 Good luck everyone!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November No doubt Man U are a terrific side and European Champions after all, but Celtic have beaten European Champions before at Parkhead. I'll give you one example - AC Milan, who in my opinion were better than Man U (and Milan's CL record makes Man U look like also-rans). And the point about Celtic not seeing much of the ball is 100% true, but it's often like that. Many many top sides come to Parkhead and dominate possession, control the game, and look like they'll come away with a victory. But guess what, the vast majority of them come away with nothing. In fact only a terrific Barca side have ever won there in many many years. Possession is not enough to win football matches. If it was, this betting game would be easy and there would be no bookies. Backing the away side at Celtic Park in this competition, has, is, and will continue to be, a route to the poorhouse. Man U are very poor value at that price. Now compare that with Chelsea who have a better chance of an away win, at a much better price.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Man Utd will not Lose. A draw is very probable but a Celtic victory is Out of the question unless United rest, Ronaldo, Rooney, Berba, Tevez, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Vidic and Ferdinand. Then they got a good chance of Victory. IT will be f_cking interesting to see how many forwards Furgusen sticks up in attack or whether he goes for a more defensive midfield line Up.. If he sticks Berba, Rooney, Ronaldo up there then I think the United Win might be worth a nibble.. Has anyone got news on Celtics Probable Line up.. Do the have a few players back from Injury.since the last match

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November No doubt Man U are a terrific side and European Champions after all, but Celtic have beaten European Champions before at Parkhead. I'll give you one example - AC Milan, who in my opinion were better than Man U (and Milan's CL record makes Man U look like also-rans). Celtics record at home looks good on paper, but you have to remember Celtic are no more than an average team and are ´playing to their standards this season (crap). Aalborg managed to sneak a draw at Parkhead even..Bet on a team that are struggling both Home and Away in Europe against teams like AAlborg and your asking for trouble. Do you support Celtic, Hurley Burley Boy. That can be the only explanantion I can think of

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November man u are lookin in deadly form right now berba's starting to get into games and the goals will follow same as ronaldo hit 3 goals in 2 games hitting top gear, rooneys loving football, tevez playing for his place in the side, carrick getting goals looking assured, then theres all celtics injuries they might get a draw i just think wateva side fergie puts out will have to much for celtic!

No doubt Man U are a terrific side and European Champions after all' date=' but Celtic have beaten European Champions before at Parkhead. [b']I'll give you one example - AC Milan, who in my opinion were better than Man U (and Milan's CL record makes Man U look like also-rans). And the point about Celtic not seeing much of the ball is 100% true, but it's often like that. Many many top sides come to Parkhead and dominate possession, control the game, and look like they'll come away with a victory. But guess what, the vast majority of them come away with nothing. In fact only a terrific Barca side have ever won there in many many years. Possession is not enough to win football matches. If it was, this betting game would be easy and there would be no bookies. Backing the away side at Celtic Park in this competition, has, is, and will continue to be, a route to the poorhouse. Man U are very poor value at that price. Now compare that with Chelsea who have a better chance of an away win, at a much better price.
Sorry I can't agree with that at all- I thought Milan were ordinary by their standards at Celtic Park last season and do not possess the same pace and flair Utd have which made them easier to play against. Benfica and Spartak Moscow both looked more of a threat at Celtic Park- Milan got a non-penalty in that game aswell. Beating Man Utd for a second time would be a much bigger scalp. Obviously now with Pato, Ronaldinho etc they look a much stronger outfit.

No doubt Man U are a terrific side and European Champions after all, but Celtic have beaten European Champions before at Parkhead. I'll give you one example - AC Milan, who in my opinion were better than Man U (and Milan's CL record makes Man U look like also-rans). Celtics record at home looks good on paper, but you have to remember Celtic are no more than an average team and are ´playing to their standards this season (crap). Aalborg managed to sneak a draw at Parkhead even..Bet on a team that are struggling both Home and Away in Europe against teams like AAlborg and your asking for trouble. Do you support Celtic, Hurley Burley Boy. That can be the only explanantion I can think of
While I agree with you about the gulf in quality between the teams,and in general the strength of the English teams in Europe this season, I think you are placing too much emphasis on one game- the Aalborg game. I don't think you can say Celtic are struggling at home on the basis of that game alone. It was a very poor performance against an ordinary side I expected Celtic to turn over and who Villarreal and Utd both beat comfortably, but Celtic should still have won the game having missed a penalty, had a marginal call for an offside goal chopped off which could easily have been given ( see Utd's two at Old trafford) and generally were the only team who looked like scoring in the second half. It was not dissimilar from previous CL home against against Scandinavian opposition: Celtic 1-0 Copenhagen ( average performance but a first half penalty won it) Celtic 1-0 Rosenborg ( average performance in another scrappy game but a first half free kick won it). Had Robson scored the pen it would have been the same outcome. While the away win here looks the most realistic outcome, you have to judge Celtic's home record on the basis of the past few seasons rather than one game. The squad hasn't changed much from last season, we would be stronger if Hesselink and Samaras were not injured and we won all 3 games then.

and they've beaten better sides than Man U there. Man U a big lay for me
Man U,....the current champions of Europe???? Who have Celtic beaten at Celtic Park that are better than Man U? The thing about Celtic is that they raise their game at Celtic Park. They are still an average European team and thats without the injuries. It shows when they play away how poor they really are. When you consider their injuries I can't see past a Man U win.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November I hear this "Celtic (and Rangers) are out of their depth and will get murdered" argument, season after season after season. I suppose one of these years, you backers might actually get it right, eh? Still, you have a lot of catching up to do after years of losses if you've been putting your money where your mouths are ;-)

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November As we have seen from tuesdays matches the champions league is very difficult to predict. Who would have predicted Barca only drawing with Basle when they started as red hot favourites! :loon Likewise Inter Milan, Liverpool, Werder Bremen & Chelsea were all supposed to win! Football is a funny old game! :loon Because of this i will be having 1 bet only.

• Fiorentina - Bayern Munchen over 2.5goals @ 2.12 BF

Fiorentina havent scored in their last 2 games & as we saw last nite with Roma things have got to change eventually. Fiorentina only have 2 points so will be looking to get maximum points from this home match & as the home team will be expected to come & attack a bit more than usual. Bayern too will look at this game in a positive manner & could cement their place in next round of champions league if they win & Lyon lose or draw. They seem to be scoring quite freely the last few matches but are also not rock solid at the back either. The above bet seems possible & value too IMO. Good Luck all! :ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Arsenal - Fenerbahce Arsenal Missing players : Emmanuel Adebayor, Theo Walcott, William Gallas, Eduardo, Tomas Rosicky Recoverd : Bacary Sagna Fenerbahce Missing players : Alex, Onder Turaci, Tumer Metin Recoverd : Deivid Fenerbahce is in bad form Aragones is under pressure, They must play to win, so they'll probably will play with 2 upfronts this time - Semih Senturk & Daniel Guiza FENERBAHCE TO SCORE ONE OR MORE GOALS @1.75 I think this a value bet!!

Arsenal - Fenerbahce Arsenal Missing players : Emmanuel Adebayor, Theo Walcott, William Gallas, Eduardo, Tomas Rosicky Recoverd : Bacary Sagna Fenerbahce Missing players : Alex, Onder Turaci, Tumer Metin Recoverd : Deivid Fenerbahce is in bad form Aragones is under pressure, They must play to win, so they'll probably will play with 2 upfronts this time - Semih Senturk & Daniel Guiza FENERBAHCE TO SCORE ONE OR MORE GOALS @1.75 I think this a value bet!!
After hearing Professor Wengers press conference this afternoon i would say they were words fron an angry man. Arsenal had a shocking result & display on saturday. They could come out all guns blazing against the Turkish team. They have injuries to some key players as you stated. This could weaken them significantly. Turkish side not in best of form in domestic league either. They were well beaten at home against Arsenal. They could be out for revenge & have nothing to lose. Also injuries could weaken their already leaky defence. Too many ifs & buts for me on this match. IMO no bet for me. Good Luck if you do the above though! :ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Guys as a fenerbahce fan,this game is the best value bet for me.Fenerbahce is far from a good form now.They couldn't even beat a moderate team which played with 10 players for 60 minutes in its domestic league.Last year fenerbahce had a year like dream and it is over now.Zico left and aragones is the coach now.And the main reason why the players don't have confidence to play is the coach.He always gives negative energy,he has problems with the press and fans.And above everything fenerbahce is going to emirates without alex,the most important player of the team.Also fenerbahce has a really important game against galatasaray this weekend and i am sure that the players are going to london with thinking about the derby.Maybe you don't find these analyze very sensible and think that this is one-sided.But the reason why i am just mentioning about fenerbahce's situation is,actually arsenal's form is not really important.Even fenerbahce plays against bolton or westham,these awful truths wouldn't change.Just an arsenal team to have a moderate form would have an easy home win against fenerbahce.Also the injuries like adebayor,walcott and gallas will give chance to see us play van persie or ramsey,the players to have more confidence to win this game.Also after stoke city loose this is the game they are looking for.After all these analyzes the best picks i chose as a fenerbahce fan :( are Arsenal to score at first half @ 1,5 10/10 over 2,5 goals @ 1,56 10/10 over 3,5 goals @ 2,32 9/10 over 1 goal in first half @ 1,68 8/10 arsenal-fb(0:1,5) arsenal @ 1,92 9/10 arsenal wins at first half @ 1,75 8/10 van persie scores @ 2,00 9/10 nasri scores @ 3,5 7/10 either team to score more than 3 goals @ 4,1 9/10