** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBATE vs Zenit
SelectionZenit (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date05/11/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.94 (Lay)
ReasoningAfter failing to beat BATE at home two weeks ago I do not understand why Zenit are such a short price here. Borisov have surprised a few people in this competition and having drawn 2-2 with Juventus at home aswell as that result away in Russia they have certainly shown they are no pushovers. Zenit are too short here and worth laying in my view.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November well,after disastrous evening i expect a come back for bettors today.. Villareal is the best bet imo, together with lyon and arsenal, Real madrid another strong favourite, i think is impossible for villareal to miss such an opportunity, to beat this weak danish team, even with engine off in my opinion, otherwise i will move from soccer to darts or snooker for betting:lol same applies for arsenal, faces a weak opponent, tremendus chance for gunners to gain self confidence after the waterloo at stoke city, large score is not out of question here, but i prefer the home win Lyon guys, what to say about this team,not top level of cource, but look who the opponent is...another "engine off " home win, with probable large score Real madrid finally, i think they will win juve, by the way the italians are relaxed, they are not in such a rush for a result today, real better team overall, should beat them by 1-2 goals margin good luck, i wish a come back to all :ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Lyon - Steua lot of bet are intresting on this match : since 2 week and 1st leg match lot of things change on Lyon football.Not conceded goal is the main factor for me .Maybe they make a bad match at Auxerre but vs Sochaux and Le Mans confirm that they can win by clean sheet and is a very good things specially for defence trust. Tonight the game take place at Lyon and i'm sure all player want to offer a great spectacle for their fans.Once again Juninho & Benzema will be the key player for this match.According to interveiw of Steua a draw result could be an excellent result and pass with a good defence specially on Benzema and Juninho. We see in first leg that when Lyon want to control the game could do it easly and finish by a goal.They score 5 goal last match but could easly score 1 or 2 more.The fact that make a bad start and conceded 2 quick goal give them a lesson for this match : if want to make a result tonight and don't repeat a similar scenario must start to play their offencive football since 1st to 90th min. Tonight Lyon play their 150th Europeen match Probable line up : Lloris - Réveillère, Cris, Boumsong, Grosso - Toulalan, Makoun - Keita, Juninho, Ederson - Benzema Zapata - Ogararu, Goian, Ghionea, P. Marin - Radoi, Ov. Petre - Nicolita, Dayro Moreno, Semedo - Kapetanos My pick : Lyon by 2 or more @ 2.05 middle stake Benzema to score @ 1.95 middle stake 1st goal 1-30th @ 1.80 middle stake Gl :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November thnx mate now i am more confident about Lyon, is banker home win ... i see the starting line up of both teams, i watched at least once all lyon players except goalkeeper, and in parallel view, i never heard anything or watched any of steaua players, all names looks chinese to me...hehehe:lol here is my combo : Villareal, Arsenal, Lyon, all to win- max stakes- real madrid, for smaller backers see you tonight with results :dude

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November few bets parlay/double ManUtd (+0) and Dynamo (+0) Utd have hit their attacking form again and handled celtic easily at old trafford. however, it will be a harder go-round this time at celtic, so i expect a narrower score line. in the end though, i still think utd has enough to knick a victory here and go on there way to focus on arsenal at the weekend. dynamo on the other hand i've included simply because they are playing well lately and porto are not. that's really all the explanation i have for that. they are at home and are the favorites. combining dynamo AH and utd AH into a double to get better odds bayern (+0) I always do asian handicap at CL group stage because these matches are often hard to predict and as we saw yesterday, very crazy. so, after bayern have already beaten fiorentina at allianz arena, now it is their turn to go to fior and try to win again. they will be looking to advance to the next leg and i think they want to get it done. draw is a high worry here so AH, but i think bayern really are value here at evens or more, especially on asian handicap I got a very very small stake on Juve (+0) so for me they are value here and because madrid have horrible odds. juve already beat real last leg and have been playing better. i think they will gain confidence and to get an asian handicap bet at good odds says value to me. stakes 1/10

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Dynamo Kiev are popular tonight and rightly so. Winning breeds confidence and Kiev have won their last 6, scoring 19 and conceeding only 2 goals. Porto have lost their last 3 games and will miss goalkeeper Helton and defender Nelson Benítez tonight. My only concern is whether Semin will opt for 2 strikers or go with a pair of defensive midfields. I will wait to see the team line up before having a bet. Also think Utd at odds on still look a cracking bet. Celtic injuries are well documented on here and Utd looked a class apart at Old trafford the other week. Granted, Celtic have a fine home record in the CL but i really expect Utd to come out on top tonight and punish one of the poorest sides we have seen in the Champions league this year.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Man Utd are not in my opinion very good value at those odds but should win at Celtic, despite their amazing home record in Europe. Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov are starting to click and if they get the first goal it could be a rout. Zenit havnt shown anything like the form that won them the Uefa Cup last year but need to take 3 points tonight so theres no excuses. BATE escaped from Russia with a draw 2 weeks ago but Zenit dominated and hit the woodwork twice. Take the Russians to win here. 2 big singles for me tonight.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November ive got a big stake on villareal/lyon to win and dynamo kiev and man u draw no bet, villareal will want to beat aalborg to have any chance of finishing top of the group, lyon looking good in recent weeks 2 wins and a draw in ligue 1 benzema looking dangerous too, dynamo is a dangerous place to go and i dnt think that porto on their current streak will get any result away. i think zenit and manu will also get results no idea on the fiorentina and bayern match, real and juve look a tight match 2 afer yesterdays disastrous results for me i wont be having a punt on either n.b a side note udinese play inter away from home in serie a on the weekend odds of 6.5 for udinese to win too good to pass up i think!

Lyon - Steua lot of bet are intresting on this match : since 2 week and 1st leg match lot of things change on Lyon football.Not conceded goal is the main factor for me .Maybe they make a bad match at Auxerre but vs Sochaux and Le Mans confirm that they can win by clean sheet and is a very good things specially for defence trust. Tonight the game take place at Lyon and i'm sure all player want to offer a great spectacle for their fans.Once again Juninho & Benzema will be the key player for this match.According to interveiw of Steua a draw result could be an excellent result and pass with a good defence specially on Benzema and Juninho. We see in first leg that when Lyon want to control the game could do it easly and finish by a goal.They score 5 goal last match but could easly score 1 or 2 more.The fact that make a bad start and conceded 2 quick goal give them a lesson for this match : if want to make a result tonight and don't repeat a similar scenario must start to play their offencive football since 1st to 90th min. Tonight Lyon play their 150th Europeen match Probable line up : Lloris - Réveillère, Cris, Boumsong, Grosso - Toulalan, Makoun - Keita, Juninho, Ederson - Benzema Zapata - Ogararu, Goian, Ghionea, P. Marin - Radoi, Ov. Petre - Nicolita, Dayro Moreno, Semedo - Kapetanos My pick : Lyon by 2 or more @ 2.05 middle stake Benzema to score @ 1.95 middle stake 1st goal 1-30th @ 1.80 middle stake Gl :hope
All of the above is probably why I would oppose Lyon, or back the draw at half time. Everyone expects Lyon to win at a canter and this season in the Champions league has been anything but a walk over for teams that are expected to win. Last night was a nightmare with Panathanaikos winning and Famagusta nearly beating Inter. Both teams were extremely short. Liverpool were 1.57 at home to madrid and should have lost the game, were it not for a dodgy penalty...then there's the Barca game... Bucharest havent been all bad and did pick up a point away to Fiorentina when expected to lose heavily.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Only bet for me tonight is a lay of Villareal. The Danes aren't a bad team, they showed they can score some goals last week. The group is pretty much over, top two will go through. Villareal at 1.5 is a nonsense, I'd have looked for much closer to evens on them so will lay them. Draw is most likely result.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November I'm surprised at the lack of consideration on here for Dynamo Kiev?! Bar Lyon I reckon that they are the safest bet of the night. Domestically they are 11 - 1 - 1 35:6 with home form being 6 - 0 - 1 18:2. Top of the table after 13 games Their last 6 games are 6 wins scoring 22 and conceding 1. Drawing at home with Arsenal, and away with Fener. They beat Porto in Portugal (1-0) and by all accounts it could have been more. Porto domestically are 6th in the table after 7 games with a 1 - 2-1 3:3 away record. 2 defeats in the CL already however the group is still tight because Dynamo Kiev have drawn a couple of days. Tonight I feel is when Kiev and Arsenal will pull away from the others. Dynamo Kiev to Win or consider Draw no Bet at 5/6.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November aalborg lost 3-0 to man u at home, yes they got 3 against villareal because they suprised them do not expect villareal to take them so lightly again, as for yesterday the inter game was signalled with their recent porm form and werder and pana are about the same just more clinical from pana, i cant see villareal and lyon losing, steau sacked their coach recently aswell and with lyon needing the points so as to really have a crack at winning the group, as for barca they are clear through even with a draw the group is not at all closely contested!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Was about to jump on Dynamo Kiev myself but just read on ESPN Soccer the team news;

Semin (Dynamo Kiev manager) will be without a host of players as Ayila Yussuf, Artem Kravets, Taras Mikhalik, Olexandr Aliyev, Milos Ninkovi and Malkhaz Asatiani are all sidelined. Oleh Gusev and Carlos Correa remain long-term absentees. Helton and Fucile are the only players injured for Porto, but coach Jesualdo Ferreira has left out Nelson Benitez from his squad.
That is three players who started the reverse fixture plus a sub so they are badly affected by injuries whereas Porto's injuries neither of them played the first match.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Man Utd: Foster, Rafael Da Silva, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Giggs, Tevez. The Celtic team is in: Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, Wilson, Hartley, Brown, Robson, Maloney, Sheridan and McDonald. Aiden McGeady is left out while Cillian Sheridan gets a start up front for Gordon Strachan's side.

Only bet for me tonight is a lay of Villareal. The Danes aren't a bad team, they showed they can score some goals last week. The group is pretty much over, top two will go through. Villareal at 1.5 is a nonsense, I'd have looked for much closer to evens on them so will lay them. Draw is most likely result.
Pretty much as expected. Happy enough ;)

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November "Man U will do well to get a draw at Parkhead" and didn't they do well? rescuing a draw near the end of the match LOL Yet again, another English giant and Euro champion fails at fortress Celtic park. Does that home record still look "good on paper, Alky boy ? The only thing "crap" is your bank balance after taking the 8/11 :nana Thanks for your cash, yet again. As I said, Man U a huge lay at 8/11, what a ridiculous price :lol

"Man U will do well to get a draw at Parkhead" and didn't they do well? rescuing a draw near the end of the match LOL Yet again, another English giant and Euro champion fails at fortress Celtic park. Does that home record still look "good on paper, Alky boy ? The only thing "crap" is your bank balance after taking the 8/11 :nana Thanks for your cash, yet again. As I said, Man U a huge lay at 8/11, what a ridiculous price :lol
Not really within the spirit of the PL to mock people for a losing bet. He made a pick based on sound reasoning, it lost. It happens. If you want to do it as a supporter of the team, take it to the banter forum please.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November """"Yet again, another English giant and Euro champion fails at fortress Celtic park. Does that home record still look "good on paper, Alky boy ?""""" Are u refering to me.? If u read my post earlier about the match, I predicted a draw .. I explained my reasoning for a draw bet aswell.. MAn Utd didnt have to win that game. A draw suited them fine. If they had to win to stay in the COmp, then they would have won mate.. Cletic are the losers if you look at the league table, not Man Utd nor me... BUt atleast ur a happy chap, cos you managed 1 point out of 6 against Man Utd and your out of the competition on 2 points.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November THIS IS MY POST ABOUT CELTIC/MAN UTD It could be a week for the Underdogs.. Man Utd would win if their Qualification depended on it, but MAn Utd play Arsenal at the weekend, and just need to hold Celtic really. MAn Utd have been takign their last few games quite easy. Agaisnt Westham, Against Hull, against West Brom. They have just been getting the job done and taking 3 points. I believe they wil be happy with a draw here as Qualification is garenteed. I dont think they will push the boat out. Celtic will be defending Deep and a Draw will be enough. No bet for me, although if i was to bet, I would go for a CS 0-0 - Draw __________________

"Man U will do well to get a draw at Parkhead" and didn't they do well? rescuing a draw near the end of the match LOL Yet again, another English giant and Euro champion fails at fortress Celtic park. Does that home record still look "good on paper, Alky boy ? The only thing "crap" is your bank balance after taking the 8/11 :nana Thanks for your cash, yet again. As I said, Man U a huge lay at 8/11, what a ridiculous price :lol
:eyes Idiot.

Only bet for me tonight is a lay of Villareal. The Danes aren't a bad team, they showed they can score some goals last week. The group is pretty much over, top two will go through. Villareal at 1.5 is a nonsense, I'd have looked for much closer to evens on them so will lay them. Draw is most likely result.
AJ strikes again!! Thank you kindly my money making friend!! :cheers

Hi all, Horrible night of results last night from a betting perspective. Tonight again I am not confident in any results so small stakes again. Celtic V Man Utd Some prospect for every Celtic fan, to see the best team in Europe play at paradise. The game in Manchester two weeks ago has brought about some interesting analysis from many different view points. Personally I do not think Celtic were AS BAD as everyone (mostly members of the prestigious English press) have made out. I'v heard the words 'hammered', 'slaughtered' etc etc been floated about. On reflection it has came clear to me, not that Celtic were this bad or anything but the Man Utd are just that good. I thought Celtic played well until the first offside goal went in, after that I think most fans and even some players probably realised the game was slipping away from them. Man Utd in the second half were a joy to watch, their passing was incredible at times. Tonight it is a different setting though. Celtic Park will be packed full tonight 60'000 fanatical fans singing the songs and encouraging their team right till the final whistle. Celtic have got a few injuries, mainly Samaras and JVoH however I think Mcdonald for the size of him, especially at home will be able to do a job holiding the ball up front waiting for support tonight. If Maloney and McGeady can get at the United defence I believe they can cause them problems. On paper Man United should of course win, however this is the same for them against any team they play. Celtic will be up for this tonight. Going on what I have witnessed many times (first hand) before on European nights at Celtic Park I am going to take Celtic +0.5, + 1 at odds of 1.90 as part of a double. GL all :hope
:clap:clap

Dynamo Kiev vs FC Porto As a Porto supporter I'm afraid to say we're overrated for this one ... Porto have been looking in poor shape and things are simply not flowing with the team. Dynamo are a pretty decent side and I have to say it looks good for them. In past years Porto has travelled to the former Soviet Union (Moscow) around this time in need of a result and been able to get it. I think it was in 2004 and then 2006 again at CSKA. That said there just doesn't seem to be the same strength in this side. Pretty appalling displays recently and it's hard to see them turning this around dramatically in Kiev... I really hope I'm wrong but I think we will really struggle here. Value on Kiev without question, the only plus for Porto is the long experience in European competitions but their form would certainly justify a longer price on Wednesday.
Well I'm happy that Porto proved me wrong... Apologies to Porto backers, I hope your kept your stakes low (I did write that caveat about our "long experience in Eurocomps"...

:eyes Idiot.
To be honest I think you're way out of line with that comment. He was right and you were wrong going with United -1 and you call him an idiot for that? "United will beat them off the park" :lol Bet with your head not your heart ;)

lol everyone chill out some good calls some bad calls' date=' to be honest "united will beat them off the park" isnt a bad statement, i mean most people on here and in the world thought it considering millions backed manu[/quote'] Were you not listening when I said Barca were the only team to beat Celtic at parkhead in about three years? But yet the statement United will beat them off the park that's still not a bad statement? Even though United were lucky enough to get the draw (bad mistake from Boruc) If you say mllions backed United then I guess the only happy ones are the bookmakers and maybe myself and a few others :beer