** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November i hope u get my analyze serious.if u look at my analyze for the game which was played last week,maybe you can understand how close i am to the team;) MY ANALYSE FOR THE GAME LAST WEEK when i see the odd for arsenal actually i was shocked shock.gif because fenerbahce is in a really bad form this year.i am a fenerbahce fan and none is happy with the team.after the new coach,fenerbahce couldn't adapt the new system.deivid and aurelio were two of the most important players of the team last year.aurelio left and deivid has a really important surgery.gokhan gonul right back of the team is injured too and his substitute is injured too.a midfielder will play there and it will be the weakest spot of fenerbahce.i haven't even mentioned about arsenal because fenerbahce is now maybe the team to play the worst football in champions league.and even a moderate team would have enough chance to beat fenerbahce.And arsenal has many player nonstop running and they have van persie and adebayor.it will be a game like hell. arsenal wins @ 1,90 10/10 arsenal ht/ft @ 2,60 9/10 arsenal wins by two goals @ 3,30 8/10 adebayor scores @ 3,10 7/10 i hope you take my analyze serious after the game you will see that the odds for arsenal is exagurrated

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November and the other good value bet is also from this group.Dinamo Kiev has really big advantage in the group.When we look at the football they play,it is really bullshit.They don't have ambition to play good football,they know their capacity.That is their good side.Porto is having problems both in their domestic league and champions league.This is the game to make a big jump for them.But let's forget about everything,squads,injuries,football;dinamo kiev's best chance is the weather.They like playing at that freezing cold,because they don't want to make high tempo.They just want keep it slow and score just one and wait by the defence.After al these facts the best picks for me are: dinoma wins DNB @ 1,60 8/10 under 2,5 @ 1,65 9/10 dinamo wins by one goal @ 3,95 7/10

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Oktay have a look at this. Arsenal have lost two more first-team stars for the Champions League tie against Fenerbahce on Wednesday. Theo Walcott (shoulder) and Emmanuel Adebayor (ankle) picked up knocks during the defeat at Stoke on Saturday. They joined William Gallas on the injury list after the captain damaged a hamstring against Tottenham. At least Bacary Sagna has recovered after hobbling off at the Britannia Stadium but Emmanuel Eboue (knee) is still missing along with long-term absentees Eduardo (ankle) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring). Official site of Arsenal.com

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November i have a look at that and still find my analyse sensible.i was in the game last week in istanbul and haven't missed a game since two years in champions league in istanbul.And this was the worst fenerbahce i have ever seen.if arsenal had forced itself a bit,that would have been much worse.really believe me it won't matter who will play in arsenal team tomorrow.they have a system which doesn't depend on individuals a lot.if adebayor won't play,bendtner will play.But for fenerbahce it is different,even when fenerbahce played so beautiful football last year,at the games without alex,it was just rubbish.And they don't have him tomorrow.Who will play instead of him??No chance for this game.Maybe you see me a bit pesimistic about my team,but after looking at all the facts this is the most objective i can ever be

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Im also Turkish btw, but I live in the Netherlands. Last week I also watched FB - Arsenal . Guiza had a few good chances. So my im betting Fenerbahce to score, what do you think about it? I know Alex is the most important player of Fenerbahce, but would that stop Fenerbahce to score atleast one goal?

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November if you asked me,it would be more sensible to bet on semih to score.Because these days his mind is away from the pitch,there are transfer gossips running around.He runs a lot on the pitch but misses a lot of chances.I think semih looks like the closest player to score from fenerbahce.But it would be more sensible to bet on eboue to score @ 8,15;) tot ziens volkan

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Man Utd -0.75..with berbatov rooney and ronaldo celtic's defense will have to defend for their lives or else they'll concede a few goals at home...except for nani...he's not good at asisting and often try to score instead of assisting...1-0 shoud be enough but things will be worst for celtic if they let their guards down....i believe in the United's players gLORY gLORY mAN uNited!!! Prediction:Celtic 0-2 Man United!!!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Real Madrid - Juventus Think only bet for me today. Yesterday I won Panathinaikos and Liverpool/Atletico, so I could play a little more, but for now only one game. Think Juve is a little better team right now, or at least in better form. Also none draw in 6 matches. I see a low scoring match, where both sides would be satisfied with a point. Draw 6/10.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Celtic-M. United Celtic don't do well away from home in Europe but at home they're a tough nut to crack and will go for the win trying to capture at least a place in the next round of the UEFA Cup. United will have some players not making the trip and maybe even leaving others on the bench in order to save them for next weekend's game against Arsenal. My pick: Celtic +0.5AH (2.31); D. Kiev-Porto The Ukrain side are in great form, they improved a lot since last season and momentum is clearly on their side. Porto lost 4 of their last 6 and also their last 3 games. The club is under a lot of pressure because of that. They usually fight back under these circunstances but the problem this season is that...they simply lack quality in defense and defensive midfield and even their best players look horrible right now. I think Kiev will control the pace of the game but Porto will try to bounce back. It should be interesting. My pick: D. Kiev PK (1.64); Arsenal-Fenerbahce Arsenal with 4 overs in their last 6 games and scored in all of those. Visitors with 5 overs in their last 6 games and also having scored in all of those games. Clear over bet for me as both have great striking power. My pick: >2.5 (1.62); Good luck! JC

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Alcoholic you stated in an earlier post that the Milan side Celtic played last season is better than the current Man U side, sorry m8 but thats just ridiculous.. I know its rediculous mate, cos I dont even remember saying that..LOL.. I think you got someonelse mixed up with me. LOL

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Two matches that quite a few punters may jump on are: Aalborg - Villareal & Celtic - Manchester United Many will take the short odds for the visitors. I feel it is a bad risk given the odds and circumstances. Both Man U and Villareal sit in 1st & 2nd place respectively with 7 points while Celtic and Aalborg are in 3rd & 4th place with 1 point each. I think 1st and 2nd place has probably been decided. Both Man U and Villareal can lose tonight and still be clear of third place by 3 points and only two games to go. A draw for either or both makes things even better. Ok, one might say that Aalborg and Celtic are clearly inferior opposition, which is true. It is also true that Anorthisis and Roma were perceived as inferior opposition for Inter and Chelsea on Tuesday night and we all saw what happened there :(:(:( Basically, football at the CL level does not permit visitor odds of 1.40 to 1.60 imo - it is valueless especially in a match where the visitors might be a little relaxed given the less than urgent need to win the game. So, Aalborg - Villareal: Aalborg Win or Draw (double chance) @ 2.75 (betdirect) 10/10 Celtic - Manchester United: Celtic Win or Draw (double chance) @ 2.20 (bet365) 10/10 Good luck :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Thoughts on Celtic v Man U. * Celtic are without three strikers * Man U have games (easier ones than this) to get the last three points to guarantee qualification and are still chasing in the League. * Celtic's Champions League record at home is a W12-D4-L2, with half of those matches all square at the break. They have kept a clean sheet in 12/18 with half of Celtic's wins being 1-0, plus four goalless draws. Their -1.5 goals total is 10/18. * Celtic's 3-2 loss to Barcelona was the only game they had scored before half-time. * 5/7 of Man U's Champs League games since the start of last season were -2.5 goals. Three of which were goal-less half-time draws. I'm trying to decided between -2.5 goals or the 0-0 half-time draw. Or I may back both

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November It could be a week for the Underdogs.. Man Utd would win if their Qualification depended on it, but MAn Utd play Arsenal at the weekend, and just need to hold Celtic really. MAn Utd have been takign their last few games quite easy. Agaisnt Westham, Against Hull, against West Brom. They have just been getting the job done and taking 3 points. I believe they wil be happy with a draw here as Qualification is garenteed. I dont think they will push the boat out. Celtic will be defending Deep and a Draw will be enough. No bet for me, although if i was to bet, I would go for a CS 0-0 - Draw

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November The game in Lyon looks overish to me. Hosts imo at this stage look stronger than the rest in this group. Steaua don't need to hide here as they have nothing to lose but pride, some of the players will certainly try to impress before the winter transfer window. With Lyon things should be sealed tonight, the game in Romania was another proof that on the bench they have a top class alternative with Fred. I expect an open game tonight, with many chances....

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Celtic v Manchester United This is a must win game for Celtic tonight if they want to progress to the second round, When these two sides met at Old Trafford a few weeks ago United played them off the park regardless of the two 'dodgy' offsides that led to two goals, I thought United had alot more in the tank if needed. Make no mistake about it Celtic are a strong side at home in Europe and this won't be easy for United tonight, However If United can get grip of the game early then I see real trouble ahead for Celtic. With Ronaldo, Rooney, Berbatov & Tevez to name a few going forward surely this spells trouble for what didn't look a great Celtic defence at Old Trafford. They have conceded 13 (11 games) in the Scottish Premier league this year already, They only conceded 26 in the whole of last year (38 games) and obviously we know that United bring alot more talent then what exists in the SPL. I think the first goal is crucial, If it goes United's way then Celtic have to come out and really play as there Champions League place is on the line. If that happens I only see United hitting them on the break and adding a couple more. Some will say its a brave move to pick united on the handicap tonight because as I mentioned Celtic are so strong at home in this competition. Its just the way I see the game going, United will take the lead and Celtic won't be able to answer United's attacking force. Pick: Manchester United -1 @ 2/1 Bet365

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Lyon v Steaua (19:45GMT Okay needless to say, French are always stronger at home. Take a look at Marseille vs PSV. Down 2-0 away? No way, 3-0 at home, now who's the over all winner. Lyon already won 3-5 away, they need to pull the difference away further by 2 goal. Conclusion........... Lyon -1.25 HPD! Follow at your own risk.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Aab - Villareal under 2.5 Villareal are a very good defensive side yet they allowed 3 goals to Aab when they beat them at home 6-3. In this game you would expect them to be much tighter at the back and they will look to win this but overconfidence and the fact that Aab are at home will give them more encouragement, so that Villareal may have a tougher game than what they expected. Should be a tight game where Villreal, of they score one goal, will shut up shop and take the 3 points Celtic - Man Utd under 2.5 Celtic will play for pride here as they are usually quite tough at home. Man Utd will go there confident of victory but they have a tough game against Arsenal on the weekend and may choose to rest some players. This will then come out to be a pretty even game and while Man Utd may just edge this, there won't be many goals in it. Fiorentina - Bayern Munich under 2.5 Fiorentina have not scored in their last 2 games in this competition as they were comperehensively beaten 3-0 by Bayern two weeks ago. Bayern's defence should once again hold firm as they have a tough game against Schalke on the weekend and will be happy to take a point here to boost their chances of qualification, as they also kept a clean sheet in their only other away game in the Champions League. Fiorentina will try but will find it hard to score here while Bayern may not be as attacking as they were two weeks ago Arsenal -1.5 Arsenal came back from Istanbul with a 5-2 win over Fenerbahce and in the one and only home game they played against Porto, they smashed them also, winning 4-0. Fenerbahce are really struggling and if they couldn't get a result at home, they have little chance here as Arsenal will be out to take them their frustrations on them after losing to Stoke on the weekend.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November

Thoughts on Celtic v Man U. * Celtic are without three strikers * Man U have games (easier ones than this) to get the last three points to guarantee qualification and are still chasing in the League. * Celtic's Champions League record at home is a W12-D4-L2, with half of those matches all square at the break. They have kept a clean sheet in 12/18 with half of Celtic's wins being 1-0, plus four goalless draws. Their -1.5 goals total is 10/18. * Celtic's 3-2 loss to Barcelona was the only game they had scored before half-time. * 5/7 of Man U's Champs League games since the start of last season were -2.5 goals. Three of which were goal-less half-time draws. I'm trying to decided between -2.5 goals or the 0-0 half-time draw. Or I may back both
That stat is incorrect, Jarosik scored v shakhtar on stroke of half time last year. McGeady scored late in the first half v Benfica also that same campaign. If you back to earlier seasons, we scored 3 against anderlecht in the first half in a 3-1 win (Larsson, Miller, Sutton), Larsson scored against porto early from a corner and thommo socred against shakhtar from an indirect fk in the first half. We also put 2 past Juve at home in the first half of a legendry 4-3 win

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday 5 Wednesday 5th November Hi all, Horrible night of results last night from a betting perspective. Tonight again I am not confident in any results so small stakes again. Celtic V Man Utd Some prospect for every Celtic fan, to see the best team in Europe play at paradise. The game in Manchester two weeks ago has brought about some interesting analysis from many different view points. Personally I do not think Celtic were AS BAD as everyone (mostly members of the prestigious English press) have made out. I'v heard the words 'hammered', 'slaughtered' etc etc been floated about. On reflection it has came clear to me, not that Celtic were this bad or anything but the Man Utd are just that good. I thought Celtic played well until the first offside goal went in, after that I think most fans and even some players probably realised the game was slipping away from them. Man Utd in the second half were a joy to watch, their passing was incredible at times. Tonight it is a different setting though. Celtic Park will be packed full tonight 60'000 fanatical fans singing the songs and encouraging their team right till the final whistle. Celtic have got a few injuries, mainly Samaras and JVoH however I think Mcdonald for the size of him, especially at home will be able to do a job holiding the ball up front waiting for support tonight. If Maloney and McGeady can get at the United defence I believe they can cause them problems. On paper Man United should of course win, however this is the same for them against any team they play. Celtic will be up for this tonight. Going on what I have witnessed many times (first hand) before on European nights at Celtic Park I am going to take Celtic +0.5, + 1 at odds of 1.90 as part of a double. GL all :hope

That stat is incorrect' date=' Jarosik scored v shakhtar on stroke of half time last year. McGeady scored late in the first half v Benfica also that same campaign. If you back to earlier seasons, we scored 3 against anderlecht in the first half in a 3-1 win (Larsson, Miller, Sutton), Larsson scored against porto early from a corner and thommo socred against shakhtar from an indirect fk in the first half. We also put 2 past Juve at home in the first half of a legendry 4-3 win[/quote'] Also dunno who the 2 losses are too mate, Barca and........?

Guys as a fenerbahce fan,this game is the best value bet for me.Fenerbahce is far from a good form now.They couldn't even beat a moderate team which played with 10 players for 60 minutes in its domestic league.Last year fenerbahce had a year like dream and it is over now.Zico left and aragones is the coach now.And the main reason why the players don't have confidence to play is the coach.He always gives negative energy,he has problems with the press and fans.And above everything fenerbahce is going to emirates without alex,the most important player of the team.Also fenerbahce has a really important game against galatasaray this weekend and i am sure that the players are going to london with thinking about the derby.Maybe you don't find these analyze very sensible and think that this is one-sided.But the reason why i am just mentioning about fenerbahce's situation is,actually arsenal's form is not really important.Even fenerbahce plays against bolton or westham,these awful truths wouldn't change.Just an arsenal team to have a moderate form would have an easy home win against fenerbahce.Also the injuries like adebayor,walcott and gallas will give chance to see us play van persie or ramsey,the players to have more confidence to win this game.Also after stoke city loose this is the game they are looking for.After all these analyzes the best picks i chose as a fenerbahce fan :( are Arsenal to score at first half @ 1,5 10/10 over 2,5 goals @ 1,56 10/10 over 3,5 goals @ 2,32 9/10 over 1 goal in first half @ 1,68 8/10 arsenal-fb(0:1,5) arsenal @ 1,92 9/10 arsenal wins at first half @ 1,75 8/10 van persie scores @ 2,00 9/10 nasri scores @ 3,5 7/10 either team to score more than 3 goals @ 4,1 9/10
Hi, great analysis. I have watched the game two weeks ago and Fenerbache have been disastrous in defence. They have allowed Arsenal so much space...pretty unbelievable. Could you please write if Aragones and the players still have some faith that they could actually progress from this group. How will they approach this game? Do they believe they can get a result here? Will Fenerbache try to defend and hope for goal from counter attack? I'm asking all these questions because I'm thinking of having two bets: the first one is over 4,5 goals which I think might require Fener to score and the second is Guiza to score. In the first game he twice had only Almunia to beat and failed but still got his goal. Plus Arsenal can't defend:lol I know you've written you'd probably have taken Semih and not Guiza but I have more faith in the Spaniard. Thanks for your help.