** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lay the Fav Thread

xcode

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Hi xcode, I follow your selections daily, most of the time I get my bets matched at 3/1 or smaller but occasionally they don't - but what I've been doing is keeping the bet running in play and it gets matched pretty quickly in play as the favourites seem to drop in price as soon as the race starts - I don't know if you've thought of this but its a way we can get on at the desired price instead of having no bet. Cheers and keep up the amazing work! :notworthy

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay the Fav Thread

Hi xcode, I follow your selections daily, most of the time I get my bets matched at 3/1 or smaller but occasionally they don't - but what I've been doing is keeping the bet running in play and it gets matched pretty quickly in play as the favourites seem to drop in price as soon as the race starts - I don't know if you've thought of this but its a way we can get on at the desired price instead of having no bet. Cheers and keep up the amazing work! :notworthy
Yes, I actually do the same a lot .. but don't encourage others to do it as it may be tricky sometimes and it is hard to track. My rule for in-play bet is: if you don't catch it in the beginning of the race where everything is still uncertain, then cancel it. Later in the race if the favorite is running up front with 1 or 2 others there is no more value in the bet.

Re: Lay the Fav Thread I was so sure about laying Pacco. The race was so competitive and it remained competitive till the very end, and somehow Pacco managed to grab the win. It can happen :dude Although I catched Im Supreme in-play I won't count it here ... still on profit. 205 Treasury Counsel WON 215 Tamadot WON 240 Im Supreme WON (but not matched) 250 Pacco 7/4 LOST Today's profit: 2.5 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 530 pts :ok

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Nice Job Xcode. I had the same results. I'm supreme was partially matched. Pacco refused to read the script. Not a bad results to start with. :cheers ------------------------------------------------ A drop of water make a Ocean

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Hope some of you took Sunny Brook early as its price raised from 2/1 to 5/1 before the start. If not the in-play price drop down to 1/1. Many don't trusted the horse but it did a good run nonetheless. 230 Iwillrememberyou WON 305 Sunny Brook WON Today's profit: 20 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 550 pts :dude:dude:dude

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Rule changing: I am changing the highest price to be matched from 3/1 to 7/2 as many horses lately does not get matched at 3/1 but get matched at 7/2 and these are good winning bets. So I want to put a hand on those money as well. :dude

Re: Lay the Fav Thread just started following your picks x-code, so glad i have don`t know how you do it, but i`m sure i speak for all members of this forum who follow your selections when i say thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge and time with us, and long may this thread continue, simply AWESOME!:notworthy

Re: Lay the Fav Thread 245 Darstardly Dick 2/1 LOST (Stewards Inquiry - Amended Result) 310 Jim Bobs Girl 11/4 WON 320 Rosie All Over 9/2 LOST (not matched at 7/2) 340 Pterodactyl 7/2 WON Today's profit: 0 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 590 pts

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Hi xcode, please meet at the usual rendezvous point, red fox will be there with the documents, he will have a red carnation in his lapel. :rollin sorry, i was just getting into this 'cloak and dagger' feeling that people give when they ask you to email them privately....... what do u think a forum is for guys???? :loon