** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lay the Fav Thread

xcode

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Today's picks: 1240 Veloso 1250 Mongorno 115 LUJEANIE 200 Nenuphar Collonges 225 Hawkspring 310 Grizebeck 330 Ice Bellini 400 Whitbarrow I know they are much much more than I usually select. I tried to narrow down my selection but feel equally about most of them so I am going to play them all and see what is the result. :hope

Re: Lay the Fav Thread 1240 Veloso WON 1250 Mongorno WON 115 LUJEANIE WON 200 Nenuphar Collonges (not matched at 3/1) 225 Hawkspring 7/4 LOST 310 Grizebeck 11/4 LOST 330 Ice Bellini WON 400 Whitbarrow WON Today's profit: 5 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 466.75 pts Total profit: +266.75 pts

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Hello xcode I Echo the thoughts of everyone in praising your thread and the success you have had. Can you clarify one thing? Is the system rule that you do not lay if you cannot match the bet at less than 3/1 fractional (4.0 on the exchanges)? I notice with some of your selections this is stated, but Nenuphar Collonges on 12 Novemebr wasn't yet it was not counted in your results update as it was not matched at 3/1? The reason I am querying this is that Special Bond (today) was not, as far as I saw, available at odd of less than 3/1 yet it is included as a winner on your results. I would have thought this was no bet. Just after some clarification - like I said a wonderful start to a wonderful thread and long may you reign a

Re: Lay the Fav Thread

Hello xcode I Echo the thoughts of everyone in praising your thread and the success you have had. Can you clarify one thing? Is the system rule that you do not lay if you cannot match the bet at less than 3/1 fractional (4.0 on the exchanges)? I notice with some of your selections this is stated, but Nenuphar Collonges on 12 Novemebr wasn't yet it was not counted in your results update as it was not matched at 3/1? The reason I am querying this is that Special Bond (today) was not, as far as I saw, available at odd of less than 3/1 yet it is included as a winner on your results. I would have thought this was no bet. Just after some clarification - like I said a wonderful start to a wonderful thread and long may you reign a
It reflects my betfair accout. I put the bet at some point before the race. If it gets matched at 3/1 I count it. If it does not I don't count it. It is not a BSP or SP exactly. Because some of the selections start at 2/1 but the BSP at the end rise up to 4/1 even more some times. As the prices are moving I am able to catch lower prices than BSP. It won't be fair to place bets at 2/1 for example but to compute the results at BSP which is 3/1 for example. Anyway, even if you compute all the bets that I've placed at BSP I still be much on profit. Let's hope it stays that way. The rule is don't lay above 3/1. If you cannot catch the price, let the horse run :ok

Re: Lay the Fav Thread

hi xcode what criteria are you using to lay the horse? because at the moment this is not really a system' date=' all you have said is short priced favourites which you think are weak but weak in what sense?[/quote'] Actually there is no 5-rules-system that you do by looking at a table for 2 minutes and you get the looser. Things don't work that easy. You first must analyze the competitiveness of the race. If the race is not competitive then don't bother looking at the favorite's form or conditions. Once you have found a race where at least 4 other horses has a decent chance to win, then you have to find out several points why the favorite should not win based on form, trainer form, going, course, distance, grade, weight, etc.

Re: Lay the Fav Thread I did not match Opera Mundi at 4.0 (3/1) although at some point it was as low as 4.1 on betfair. Still the rules are to follow so I wont count it in the result. The other two gave me enough profit. :dude 200 Opera Mundi WON (but not matched at 3/1) 230 Invincible Heart WON 305 Rainbow Seeker WON Today's profit: 20 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 494.25 pts :dude:dude:dude

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Awful day. :@ I tried to pick as less as possible and despite that two losers. Glad that the first one was too high and was never matched. 120 Pop Ahead LOST (but not matched at 3/1) 400 Arganil LOST Today's profit: -25 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 473.00 pts :wall