** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lay the Fav Thread

xcode

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Results Table

CourseTimeHorseProfit SP
Southwell12.00Run Free (1st) -06.00 (5/1)
Southwell2.00Ba Dreamflight (4th) +9.50 3.75 (11/4 f)
Fontwell2.45Little Shilling (1st) -05.00 (4/1)
Profit: +9.50 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 506.25 pts

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Advice please- with the points system here you show the loss say for example on 15/8 at -18.75 but should it not be 28.75, the same for say 7/2 = 3.5 should the loss not be 4.5 this is what it shows on Betfair. I have also been paper trailing a combination of systems for a long time, including parts of Ted Ball etc and now yours and your accounting makes a hell of a difference to me in the margins. I have not committed any money yet due to the margins which I have obviously managed to muck up. An explanation would be greatly appreciated before I give any more money to Betfair.:notworthy

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Hi Al Betfair shows 'decimal' odds, which is 'normal' fractional odds plus 1. So - 4.5 on Betfair is equivalent to 3.5 ie 7/2 in fractional odds. If you lay at 4.5 on Betfair, your 'risk' is 3.5. If you pull up a race on Betfair - click on the lay odds of a horse - the first pink column, and enter 2 in ( won't accept 1 - min bet is 2 ) the backer's stake box on the right, the right hand column in that box will show your payout lliability - i e your risk - which will be the lay odds, minus 1 times 2 - your stake. Then press 'clear all' to get rid of the bet. Juan

Re: Lay the Fav Thread I hate when I lay such big priced horses as this system is all about laying short-priced favorites. I am going back to Max SP 3/1 because I cannot afford to loose money earned from short-priced favorites to highly priced ones. This will reflect in future Picks Tables. Results Table

CourseTimeHorseProfit SP
Lingfield1.20Cavalry Guard (2nd) +0 4/1 f
Lingfield3.05Titan Triumph (1st) -33.33 10/3 f
Profit: -33.33 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 511.17 pts :sad

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Xcode, I understand your frustration. It's really annoying seeing monies going just like that. I think we can work out something, bcos when I am doing my analysis I noticed (Titan Triumph) cannot be trusted. I must say, you have gotten a good system. And thanks for sharing your selections with us.

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Poor racing today. I was thinking also about Lithaam but I just cannot get enough ticks for him to lay and its price is too big to risk. Let's hope the price on Cut And Thrust stays below 3/1. Picks Table (only if < Max SP)

CourseTimeHorseStakeMax SP
Lingfield1.00Cut And Thrust104.00 (3/1)
:hope