** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lay the Fav Thread

xcode

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Loosers were very low priced so winners finished the day on profit. 12.50 Southwell - Shadow Bay WON 1.00 Fakenham - Little Shilling 11/8 LOST 2.10 Folkestone - Spring Dream 4/5 LOST 2.30 Fakenham - Scots Dragoon WON 2.50 Southwell - Crystal Crown WON Today's profit: 8.25 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 481.25 pts

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Lay the Fav Thread

Today's picks: 200 Beautiful Lady 250 Georgian King 300 Fol Hollow (lay only if can be matched at 3/1) 325 Benetwood (lay only if can be matched at 3/1) 400 Tranquil Sea :hope
Hi, Some of these horses are going off at odds like 15/2 and 9/1 etc. What criteria do you use to determine whether they are the favourite or not? Is it based on the betting forecasts from the night before and do you lay them even if the BF odds are > 3/1? Cheers, PF.

Hi, Some of these horses are going off at odds like 15/2 and 9/1 etc. What criteria do you use to determine whether they are the favourite or not? Is it based on the betting forecasts from the night before and do you lay them even if the BF odds are > 3/1? Cheers, PF.
I for one dont have many problems getting on, and never see these high prices. I think xcode said he has no bet if he cannot lay at <3/1, I take the same approach.

So much for looking at 4 horses which can beat the fav then. There were 5 horses in the first race and one of those horses feeling peckish' date=' couldn't beat a snail lol.[/quote'] I don't see why you are being so critical - xcode has been good to many people on this forum with his very successful tips, if you don't like his advice don't follow it. Pretty simple really.

And if you can do better than xcode then i am sure all the others would love to see it mate.:ok Good work xcode mate keep it up.:D
Yeah spot on...Daveyboy if you can do better than xcode we would love to see it, I think if you can then you will be an all time forum legend. Keep up the good work xcode :ok

Re: Lay the Fav Thread I really don't understand why you seem to have such an argumentative tone to your comments daveyboy? Can you please explain what benefit we can get from them? An increase of over 300 points in not even 4 weeks is in my opinion something worthy of extreme praise, the consistency of xcode's success is nothing short of incredible. I am not saying this to massage his ego, just to pass compliments from one fellow horse racing punter to another, its called being a nice bloke.... I cannot find any posts from daveyboy that would make anyone take anything he writes as knowledgable, fair enough - if he had given me well researched or insightful information previously then maybe he would have a right to make the sweeping statements he does. But the fact of the matter is...he hasnt....nothing.....The only way i would accept his comments, would be if he added the most important words IN MY OPINION before saying "It's very simple, it's misleading, deliberately misleading." The race in question was the 1:40 Batemans Good Honest Ales Beginners' Chase Race 1 2m 6f 110y, to say "There were 5 horses in the first race and one of those horses feeling peckish, couldn't beat a snail lol." and notice these words IN MY OPINION is . Coe a 6 year old Gelding has won £10,000 in prize money in one year of racing....Hmmmm yes that must be such a snails pace hey??? and has come 3rd of 7 and 2nd of 8 in two Class one races both with a £28,000 first prize....and rated 664 by Adrian Massey - which is a very high rating!! and if you try telling me Adrian does not know what he is talking about then i laugh even more at you.......Will Be Done a 7 year old Gelding is currently rated 644 by Adrian...so yet again thats quite a fast snail isnt it Daveyboy??? People like you just depress me, there's enough bitterness and jealousy in the world..try and keep it off the forum.....sad sad.... Anyway......if you compare XCodes strike rate - with the likes of False Favourites - Lay Trigger - Dodgy Favourites - Lifetimes Best Laying System - Lay Formula - Lay Pro88 - which are all commercial systems retailing from £49 to £99 and have made their authors very wealthy then you should feel honoured to have FREE access to Xcodes selections.....Nuff Said. (p.s Xcode - please please dont get the wrong idea and start flogging your tips ;o))) and if u do gis a discount hey?

Re: Lay the Fav Thread first of all i echo the good comments on your thread :clap if i got negative comments on my place lays i would just bin it and keep them to myself 1.....you dont have to read the thread 2.....you dont have to back them 3.....why contradict? 4 ....xcode puts in the time and effort 5.....his prices are just a giude and in his opinion the best way to bet them 6....this is the punters lounge a great forum 7.......so why are we putting posts like this up and not keeping to the geeegees so keep it going xcode at least till u hit the grand mark:notworthy then if any body gives you negative comments so be it they can be called ..........?

Re: Lay the Fav Thread So many favs won today .. unlikely for Saturday and for many competitive races. 1245 Fairoak Lad WON 305 My Petra 7/4 LOST 350 Ceremonial Jade WON Today's profit: 2.5 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 507.5 pts

Re: Lay the Fav Thread It's funny thing that happened with Similar Fashion. It started at 2/1 on betfair, raised to 4/1 just before the start. I guess many shared my opinion that it won't win. But I succeeded to catch it at 5/2 early as I expected it to rise. But it actually did a very good run and the in-play price went down to 1.01 (don't know the fraction of that :loon) just to end up third in the very last moment. Really weird affair :lol 1240 Lady Florence WON 1255 Georges Boy LOST @ 7/4 335 Similar Fashion WON Today's profit: 2.5 pts Starting bank: 200 pts Current bank: 507.5 pts

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Favs has their chance today. I expect many to take it. So I will propose just one for today. It is on a high price at the moment but still the lowest in the race at the moment. In case the "general public" decides it should be a favorite and price drops take it. Anything below 7/2 is a value. 355 Seraphim Knight The other one I was thinking about is: 245 First Look but although the race is very competitive First Look has won 3 times already and is very well suited by the conditions, so I decided to skip it. :hope

Re: Lay the Fav Thread Hi every1, I join dis forum few days ago. I must commend Xcode for a job well done :notworthy. I back track his record n he had almost 74.5% strikes. Thats not bad at all. Keep the good job :clap. Daveyboy... you are not encouraging :spank. Please for once give this guy a credit. If you can't, compliment the good work is doing. Stop scrutinizing him, and stop looking for a fault. I am 100% sure you CAN'T DO BETTER. Please, let us enjoy the ride!!!. I will start using ur tips (Xcode) from tomorrow. Hope to have a good day. Cheers ----------------------------------------------------- Drop of water make an Ocean