** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 CSKA Moskow-Coruña CSKA are in great form with a 6-0-0 in their last 6 home games and also their last 6 overall. But this record is in the Russian league (not really one of the top ones in Europe). They are experienced in the UEFA competitions and Brazilian star striker Wagner Love seems to be in good form but it is said he wants to leave the club. Today they will face a decent Spanish side in Coruña and it should be a tight game. The spaniards have a 2-3-1 record in their last 6 overall (5 of those games going under the total which means they usually kkep it tight) but play in a much more competitive league. They also have 2 draws in their last 3 away games (away to Santander and Osasuna and losing the other one against Valencia). I think the Spaniards will keep it close and will take them not to lose. My pick: Coruña +0.5AH (1.96); Twente-Santander Twente doing well and have a 5-0-1 in their last 6 overall including a 1-0 win over Rennes for the UEFA Cup earlier this month. Santander are a decent Spanish side. They have a 3-2-1 in their last 6 overall but in a much better league than Twente. They drew away to Barcelona 1 month ago and if they did that they can surely keep it close against Twente. I see "value" in the draw and will take it. My pick: draw (3.29); Udinese-Tottenham Udinese doing just great in the Serie A so far this season with an impressive 4-2-0 record in their last 6 overall and 5-1-0 in their last 6 home games. Spurs having a terrible season so far and a lot of pressure is on coach Ramos. What happens IMO is that there's far too many new players from different countries and cultures and these things take time and patience. They have great players (Bent, Modric, Lennon, Pavlyuchenco and Giovani to name some) and Ramos is a great coach (he's the only coach apart from Old Glory Trappatoni who has won the UEFA Cup more than once...and that's not a lucky thing...). With more playing time they have it all to be a great team. I will take an investor's approach and "buy" the Spurs on a low. My pick: Tottenham +0.5AH (1.94); H. Berlin-Benfica Hertha will miss their best player Andriy Voronin and the rest of the team, apart from a few upfront players seems pretty average to me. They have 1 win and 3 losses in their 4 games with Portuguese clubs so far. Benfica having a good season so far come into this game with most of their players rested and with no major players missing (actually Suazo returns to the lineup after the serious injury away to Napoli). Benfica has a horrible all time record of 0-4-11 (7-10-12 overall) when playing in Germany but one thing is playing the great Bayern side of Backenbauer, Mueller, etc and another, with all due respect, is to play Hertha Berlin. Benfica clearly a better side and should get a result today as long as they have the right attitude. I'll take them with the PK line. My pick: Benfica PK (2.19); Braga-Portsmouth Interesting game this one should be. Braga have been inconsistent this season. Great home record (4-1-1 in their last 6 at home) and a great record in the UEFA Cup thus far going 6-0-0 with victories over Sivasspor (Intertoto), Zrinjski and Artmedia. But they've had a few bad games like at home to Naval (1-1) and away to Leixões (lost 2-0). Portsmouth also inconsistent thus far this season but it looks like after eliminating Guimarães they got their confidence back with a 2-1 win over Stoke and a decent 0-0 draw away to A. Villa. Should be a tight one and I see "value" in taking the draw here. My pick: draw (3.36); P. Belgrade-Sampdoria Partizan have a nice 5-1-0 record both in their last 6 overall and in their last 6 home games. Sampdoria are an average 1-3-2 in their last 6 games overall and having a terrible season thus far but the Serie A is surely 1 level up the Serbian league. IMO Sampdoria are a better team than Partizan and striker Cassano is actually having a good season. Like Italian teams always do in this type of situations, I expect Samp to keep it tight at the back, not taking many risks and look for set pieces and fast counter attacks. My pick: draw (3.20); Good luck! JC

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Really fancy Udinese tonight. A strong start to their season, which cannot be said about Spurs who are without a league win all season (6 losses and 2 draws). Pavlyuchenko and Corluka cup tied for this game so its likely Bent, in shocking form, will start up top on his own with only Fraizer Campbell able to play up front. With 3 important league games looming, Spurs will not fancy a trip to Italy to face an exciting side. Both teams want to win but Udinese will know that in this group format, home games are a must so hammer any 11/10 left. Unbelievable price.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08

Really fancy Udinese tonight. A strong start to their season' date=' which cannot be said about Spurs who are without a league win all season (6 losses and 2 draws). Pavlyuchenko and Corluka cup tied for this game so its likely Bent, in shocking form, will start up top on his own with only Fraizer Campbell able to play up front. With 3 important league games looming, Spurs will not fancy a trip to Italy to face an exciting side. Both teams want to win but Udinese will know that in this group format, home games are a must so hammer any 11/10 left. Unbelievable price.[/quote'] mate just went to willhill about an hour ago and i got on udinese at 11/10 !!! just like old times both on the same bet :ok gl:hope

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Im looking at backing CSKA Moscow to beat Deportivo. They are undefeated since 20th July with 14 wins from 15 games! Depor on the other hand have a record of 2-3-2 in thier opening 7 games. Moscow is never an easy place to go and although CSKA have a very tough game at the weekend i cant see anything other than a home win. CSKA MOSCOW @ Evs. BETFRED

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Martin Laursen looks decent value e/w 25-1 @Coral for first goalscorer in Villa v Ajax (as short as 12-1 at Bet365). For a central defender he weighs in with a decent amount of goals, he has 1 in the league and 2 in Europe already this season. Villa work hard on their set pieces are always a big threat, if I remember rightly they scored more set piece goals than any other premier league team last season.

1 of 2 things strike me in these posts, either why do teams bother with this competition if all they do is play " weakened teams " due to important league games coming up at the weekend. and.. are these the important league games they play in order to qualify for the tournament they dont care about, as the league is more important so you can qualify for europe !! :unsure chicken or the egg..... ?
Well I will speak about the PSG absences today and why they played a 'B team' so to speak. They are getting tonked by Shalke, but they wont care The Ligue 1 match they have this weekend against Marseille is absolutely huge. This is the biggest match of the season in the French League, massive rivalry between the two teams. You know its the sort of match that can make or break a coach, especially one that is still under a lot of pressure like Paul Le Guen (who was recently given 3 games to save his job) So suddenly this UEFA match becomes irrelevent. I guess thats the case with other teams as well who have stronger priority in the league, maybe looking to qualify for the CL or something.

Schalke - Paris Saint Germain Today PSG will be strongly weakened in the game with Schalke, they will not play: Marcos Cearà, Grégory Bourillon, Zoumana Camara, Claude Makelele and Guillaume Hoarau will all be staying in Paris to receive a full week’s normal training. Not known whether will play Guly and Rothen ?? In such case I see here nice value at home win. Info: http://www.psg.fr/en/article/003001/article/43111/Le-Guen-A-solid-team pick 1 odds 1.65 stake 8/10 MYBET
3:1 FT :cheers + 5.2 units :nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

Martin Laursen looks decent value e/w 25-1 @Coral for first goalscorer in Villa v Ajax (as short as 12-1 at Bet365). For a central defender he weighs in with a decent amount of goals' date= he has 1 in the league and 2 in Europe already this season. Villa work hard on their set pieces are always a big threat, if I remember rightly they scored more set piece goals than any other premier league team last season.
rigged :lol

Martin Laursen looks decent value e/w 25-1 @Coral for first goalscorer in Villa v Ajax (as short as 12-1 at Bet365). For a central defender he weighs in with a decent amount of goals' date= he has 1 in the league and 2 in Europe already this season. Villa work hard on their set pieces are always a big threat, if I remember rightly they scored more set piece goals than any other premier league team last season.
So nice with winning bets like these :) A bet on first goalscorer feels as good as winning on a correct score. Great analysis on Laursen.. :ok

Heerenveen v AC Milan This looks a decent price on a away victory for Milan, They've started the season off ok in Serie A after 7 games and just 3 points away from leaders Inter. They will want to progress through the group phase without to much problem and I dont think they will face much problem, The class is big between these teams and I expect a 2-0 victory for the away side without to much difficulty. Milan @ 5/6 Stan James
Aston Villa v Ajax Ajax are not performing all that well in Holland's domestic league, Currently 10th after 5 games, Early days but not a good start. Villa are a good side at home and I think they will go quite far in Europe this year, They've started off there season well in the Premiership and I see no reason why they can't take that form into Europe. They have a fully fit squad to choose from apart from Bouma who who is out for a long time. Again 5/6 looks a great price. Villa @ 1.84 >Betfair
:cheers

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 F*cking BWIN ruined my life !! I wanted to put AC MILAN handicap 1-0 DAMN!!!! Who also has this problem? 2 weeks ago I wanted to transfer my money from Bwin to my bank. But they said they needed a copie of identification ( I sended them ). At monday they told me I would get the money in 1 - 3 days on my bank. Today is thursday and still have nothing on my bank!!! I feel so fucked up right now.. I can kill them right now!!

CSKA Moskow-Coruña CSKA are in great form with a 6-0-0 in their last 6 home games and also their last 6 overall. But this record is in the Russian league (not really one of the top ones in Europe). They are experienced in the UEFA competitions and Brazilian star striker Wagner Love seems to be in good form but it is said he wants to leave the club. Today they will face a decent Spanish side in Coruña and it should be a tight game. The spaniards have a 2-3-1 record in their last 6 overall (5 of those games going under the total which means they usually kkep it tight) but play in a much more competitive league. They also have 2 draws in their last 3 away games (away to Santander and Osasuna and losing the other one against Valencia). I think the Spaniards will keep it close and will take them not to lose. My pick: Coruña +0.5AH (1.96); Twente-Santander Twente doing well and have a 5-0-1 in their last 6 overall including a 1-0 win over Rennes for the UEFA Cup earlier this month. Santander are a decent Spanish side. They have a 3-2-1 in their last 6 overall but in a much better league than Twente. They drew away to Barcelona 1 month ago and if they did that they can surely keep it close against Twente. I see "value" in the draw and will take it. My pick: draw (3.29); Udinese-Tottenham Udinese doing just great in the Serie A so far this season with an impressive 4-2-0 record in their last 6 overall and 5-1-0 in their last 6 home games. Spurs having a terrible season so far and a lot of pressure is on coach Ramos. What happens IMO is that there's far too many new players from different countries and cultures and these things take time and patience. They have great players (Bent, Modric, Lennon, Pavlyuchenco and Giovani to name some) and Ramos is a great coach (he's the only coach apart from Old Glory Trappatoni who has won the UEFA Cup more than once...and that's not a lucky thing...). With more playing time they have it all to be a great team. I will take an investor's approach and "buy" the Spurs on a low. My pick: Tottenham +0.5AH (1.94); H. Berlin-Benfica Hertha will miss their best player Andriy Voronin and the rest of the team, apart from a few upfront players seems pretty average to me. They have 1 win and 3 losses in their 4 games with Portuguese clubs so far. Benfica having a good season so far come into this game with most of their players rested and with no major players missing (actually Suazo returns to the lineup after the serious injury away to Napoli). Benfica has a horrible all time record of 0-4-11 (7-10-12 overall) when playing in Germany but one thing is playing the great Bayern side of Backenbauer, Mueller, etc and another, with all due respect, is to play Hertha Berlin. Benfica clearly a better side and should get a result today as long as they have the right attitude. I'll take them with the PK line. My pick: Benfica PK (2.19); Braga-Portsmouth Interesting game this one should be. Braga have been inconsistent this season. Great home record (4-1-1 in their last 6 at home) and a great record in the UEFA Cup thus far going 6-0-0 with victories over Sivasspor (Intertoto), Zrinjski and Artmedia. But they've had a few bad games like at home to Naval (1-1) and away to Leixões (lost 2-0). Portsmouth also inconsistent thus far this season but it looks like after eliminating Guimarães they got their confidence back with a 2-1 win over Stoke and a decent 0-0 draw away to A. Villa. Should be a tight one and I see "value" in taking the draw here. My pick: draw (3.36); P. Belgrade-Sampdoria Partizan have a nice 5-1-0 record both in their last 6 overall and in their last 6 home games. Sampdoria are an average 1-3-2 in their last 6 games overall and having a terrible season thus far but the Serie A is surely 1 level up the Serbian league. IMO Sampdoria are a better team than Partizan and striker Cassano is actually having a good season. Like Italian teams always do in this type of situations, I expect Samp to keep it tight at the back, not taking many risks and look for set pieces and fast counter attacks. My pick: draw (3.20); Good luck! JC
2008 is really my worst year ever in soccer betting as I just can't seem to have two good days in a row :gimme:gimme:gimme... 1.lost 2.lost 3.lost 4. push 5. lost 6. lost JC

2008 is really my worst year ever in soccer betting as I just can't seem to have two good days in a row :gimme:gimme:gimme... 1.lost 2.lost 3.lost 4. push 5. lost 6. lost JC
Keep going JC, The season has only just begun...You are to good to keep picking losers imo. You will bounce right back soon, Don't let it get to you. :ok

I have to disagree with that. SE are without 3 important players. They managed to score 6 goals in 9 games. Away record stands at 0-1-4. They lost away on Saturday to lousy Nantes. Where will they find any goals in this game? CO are in full strength (apart from few long time injuries). They are typical home team with record of 5-0-0. You have to remember, they beat Celtic and Man U at home last year. Copenhagen @2.2 7/10
I know the match is ended and saint-Etienne won 3-1. But I would like to answer with respect of course cause i'm not a good tipster at all. I said that 3 or + for an away win in this match was really surprising. In this kind of international clash, actual form and home/away record are not enough to compare teams. I mean that quality of domestic league is very important. It was the 5th French club who travel in Danemark yesterday. French clubs are so poor in international scene that books underestimate them and forget that our championship is not a poor one (I don't mean that danich league is a poor one !!!!) And thanks for this sensationnal betting forum ! :ok I would love to contribute more case i'm a big fan of meatman, mcfly and others "mega"tipsters... but i have not enough time to.... Bye :cheers

Keep going JC, The season has only just begun...You are to good to keep picking losers imo. You will bounce right back soon, Don't let it get to you. :ok
Ecspecially if you bet on draws and "underdogs" there is somewhat a high risk ;)
Thanks guys :ok! Well, I must say it is really pissing me off since the Euro-2008 it's been like this :(... I know that Zico, but that's the way I like to do it and the way I've always done it in general. Today is another day and I'll just keep on going ;). :cheers JC

Galatasaray - Olympiakos Good match,so many score we wait this. Now,a little important things for this match,for example Gala will play 4-2-3-1 but Oly? If they have play Galetti - Kovacevic - Diogo they have score maybe but we should be win 3 or more goals.But we have a problem leage and Europe match,for example Bellinzona second match,Bellinzona played defence and counter attack,this is correct,because we dont want to break opposite,but if our opposite team play offence,our tecnique and quick player(Arda Turan,Lincoln,Kewell,Baros) scored anytime.This is easy win for us. I wonder Olympiakos first 11,realy. It is Gala team: ....................De Sanctis.................... Sabri.......Emre A..........Servet....H.Balta ............M.Topal(Ayhan)...Meira........... Kewell...............Lincoln................Arda .......................M.Baros..................... This team look like Trabzon squad,and we played very strong all season. Now,best bet is over 2,5 Over 2.5 @ 1.85 10/10 Gala win @ 1.85 06/10 Over 3.5 @ 3.20 04/10 First goal between 16-30min @ 3.5 02/10 First half Olympiakos / Second half Galatasaray @ 26.00 01/10 Correct Score: 3-2 @ 29.00 01/10 M.Baros score anytime @ 3.2 01/10 Last 3 fantasia :)
I am a supriz under 2,5 but we played very very well,in adition perfect. Gala win! First goal between 16-30min!

F*cking BWIN ruined my life !! I wanted to put AC MILAN handicap 1-0 DAMN!!!! Who also has this problem? 2 weeks ago I wanted to transfer my money from Bwin to my bank. But they said they needed a copie of identification ( I sended them ). At monday they told me I would get the money in 1 - 3 days on my bank. Today is thursday and still have nothing on my bank!!! I feel so fucked up right now.. I can kill them right now!!
I have been in your situation many times.. I know the problem!