FC Copenhagen v AS Saint Etienne6/5 11/5 19/10 19:45
Heerenveen v AC Milan3/1 23/10 4/5 19:45
Rosenborg v Club Brugge1/1 9/4 9/4 19:45
Seville v Stuttgart4/7 5/2 9/2 19:45
Partizan Belgrade v Sampdoria7/5 11/5 13/8 20:00
Aston Villa v Ajax17/20 9/4 11/4 20:15
Braga v Portsmouth13/8 11/5 7/5 20:15
Prices courtesy of VCbet.com

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 bah thought I was going to get Udinese around 2.20ish, no play now. Would of loved to have smashed them but big game this weekend vs Roma. I would wait betting on the Zebrette's untill we can see the result of the Roma match. If Marino plans to stick to the 4-3-3 formation, the Spurs will lose. However if the does plan on giving a few of his players some rest...mind you there were a couple of them on international duty, then the draw would be a likely outcome

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 I search for draws... noone to win Braga v PortsmouthAS 2-2 score may be a draw (small bet) Nancy v Feyenoord 0-0 Hertha Berlin v Benfica 1-1 score Galatasaray v Olympiakos that look like a draw, smell like a draw, but I know Olympiakos a lot and I think that Can win this game, last year won in ROME and in Germany (Verder) in Champios League so Can win and in Turkey...

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 I have a feeling Tottenham may play with a 2nd string team! Look at their next fixtures in the prem: Sunday, 26 October 2008 Barclays Premier League Tottenham v Bolton, 15:00

Wednesday, 29 October 2008 Barclays Premier League Arsenal v Tottenham, 20:00
Saturday, 01 November 2008 Barclays Premier League Tottenham v Liverpool, 17:30 Sunday they'll be getting lumps kicked out of them by Bolton then 3 days later the run around by Arsenal's kids and then 3 days later they play Liverpool. I would be amazed if Tottenham played their best 11 against Udinese before a set of fixtures like that in such a short space of time :eek They have to realistically be thinking that Bolton is going to be their best shot at a win and to play your best set of players after they have had a game abroad 3 days before would be madness for both games! I'm even more confident of Udinese win now :ok

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Hello, some of you know that i'm from Saint-Etienne but... When i was waiting for the odds, i was waiting for @2,5/2,8 for a Saint-Etienne win. Saint-Etienne will certainly go in Danemark with the best team they can have at the moment. Landrin (midfield) and Dabo (defender), both importants, are injured, like Ilan, but Saint-Etienne have some decents substitutes this year (Mirallas, for example who will travel in Copenhagen). Indeed, UEFA Cup is very important for Saint-Etienne (their return to Europe after 25 years without this competition), and they don't want to give up early in this competition. So, to stay alive until the reception of Valencia... Saint-Etienne must take point(s) from this encouter. Coach Laurent Roussey, who don't rest any player, said yesterday : "All points must be taken (...) With six points, we are qualified". So, Saint-Etienne +0,25 @1,962 is a nice value in my eyes cause Les Verts can take at least one point from this travel. Their position in Frech leagu is not brilliant so earlier they would be qualified, better it will be for domestic league... But I need some informations from Danish friends and will wait for the definitive line-up. Good luck to all ! :ok

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08

Evens money for Udinese v a Tottenham side that is in tatters is begging to be mullered!!! Priority now for Tottenham has to be premiership survival and yes even in this stage of the premiership campaign they are in serious trouble! :ok
What you say is true, CSKA Moscow could also field some second choice players, in a fierce fight for CL spot, with a Sunday game vs their main rival Dynamo. They are in great form exactly when most needed, watched the game vs Amkar, impressive.... It is the end of the League soon, with the EURO break, many CSKA players were on international duty recently...

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Galatasaray - Olympiakos Good match,so many score we wait this. Now,a little important things for this match,for example Gala will play 4-2-3-1 but Oly? If they have play Galetti - Kovacevic - Diogo they have score maybe but we should be win 3 or more goals.But we have a problem leage and Europe match,for example Bellinzona second match,Bellinzona played defence and counter attack,this is correct,because we dont want to break opposite,but if our opposite team play offence,our tecnique and quick player(Arda Turan,Lincoln,Kewell,Baros) scored anytime.This is easy win for us. I wonder Olympiakos first 11,realy. It is Gala team: ....................De Sanctis.................... Sabri.......Emre A..........Servet....H.Balta ............M.Topal(Ayhan)...Meira........... Kewell...............Lincoln................Arda .......................M.Baros..................... This team look like Trabzon squad,and we played very strong all season. Now,best bet is over 2,5 Over 2.5 @ 1.85 10/10 Gala win @ 1.85 06/10 Over 3.5 @ 3.20 04/10 First goal between 16-30min @ 3.5 02/10 First half Olympiakos / Second half Galatasaray @ 26.00 01/10 Correct Score: 3-2 @ 29.00 01/10 M.Baros score anytime @ 3.2 01/10 Last 3 fantasia :)

Galatasaray - Olympiakos Good match,so many score we wait this. Now,a little important things for this match,for example Gala will play 4-2-3-1 but Oly? If they have play Galetti - Kovacevic - Diogo they have score maybe but we should be win 3 or more goals.But we have a problem leage and Europe match,for example Bellinzona second match,Bellinzona played defence and counter attack,this is correct,because we dont want to break opposite,but if our opposite team play offence,our tecnique and quick player(Arda Turan,Lincoln,Kewell,Baros) scored anytime.This is easy win for us. I wonder Olympiakos first 11,realy. It is Gala team: ....................De Sanctis.................... Sabri.......Emre A..........Servet....H.Balta ............M.Topal(Ayhan)...Meira........... Kewell...............Lincoln................Arda .......................M.Baros..................... This team look like Trabzon squad,and we played very strong all season. Now,best bet is over 2,5 Over 2.5 @ 1.85 10/10 Gala win @ 1.85 06/10 Over 3.5 @ 3.20 04/10 First goal between 16-30min @ 3.5 02/10 First half Olympiakos / Second half Galatasaray @ 26.00 01/10 Correct Score: 3-2 @ 29.00 01/10 M.Baros score anytime @ 3.2 01/10 Last 3 fantasia :)
Yes, you would like to see Galatasaray win this match and believe me so would I, but have you taken into consideration that clashes like this bring out a lot of psychological pressure to the players. Olympiacos is not just any team, it's team from Greece and the turkish player's desire to win is much higher than on other games. I think that Olympiacos will win this one.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 News: Geraldo Leanordo, Raul Bravo, Ieroklis Stoltidis, Dudu Cearense, Mirres Sisic, Predrag Djordjevic and Kyriakos Papadopoulos wont play this match for Olympiakos. Very important missed Stoltidis,he is very dangerous DMC and Antzas will play here,he is defence center play 33 years old,he is 1,90+ he didint play this position,and i think this is harakiri. :)

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 lot of turnover for PSG match at Schalke cause of OM-PSG classico Sunday. Ceara, Bourillon, Z. Camara, Makelele, Sessègnon et Hoarau, Giuly not play tomorrow .All are important missing for PSG i think Shalke win is az very good price around 1.70 GL:nana

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 hi everyone, any thought about over 2.5 goals tonight ? only one game stands IMO at the moment, Aston Villa- Ajax Villa : 12 out of last 20 games over 2.5 Ajax : 16/20 games over 2.5 I just hope that Carew and A. Young play for Villa, as they usually make a big difference. Heerenveen- Ac Milan and Galatasaray-Olympiakos could be nice. no reasoning at the moment, just gut feeling... Any help welcome. Good Luck to all :ok

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Has to be Udinese to win tonight, Spurs will be putting all their efforts into getting out of that bottom half of league, may rest a few of the so called better players. Udinese have started very well in Serie A, 2nd place. Aston Villa at home to Ajax, Villa remain unbeaten in uefa cup this season and two of their draws came after ties were won. Dutch league is not very strong at moment. It has to be a fairly easy win for villa. Portsmouth haven't conceded a goal in first half during the last 3 games i expect thisto happen again. Surley they will learn from last portugal nightmare. Udinese Villa Portsmouth half time draw Treble for me......................

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Heerenveen v AC Milan This looks a decent price on a away victory for Milan, They've started the season off ok in Serie A after 7 games and just 3 points away from leaders Inter. They will want to progress through the group phase without to much problem and I dont think they will face much problem, The class is big between these teams and I expect a 2-0 victory for the away side without to much difficulty. Milan @ 5/6 Stan James

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Aston Villa v Ajax Ajax are not performing all that well in Holland's domestic league, Currently 10th after 5 games, Early days but not a good start. Villa are a good side at home and I think they will go quite far in Europe this year, They've started off there season well in the Premiership and I see no reason why they can't take that form into Europe. They have a fully fit squad to choose from apart from Bouma who who is out for a long time. Again 5/6 looks a great price. Villa @ 1.84 >Betfair

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 GALATASARAY Sanctis Sabri Emre Aşık Servet Hakan Kewell Meira Ayhan Arda Lincoln Baros OLYMPİAKOS Nikopolidis Torosidis Papadopoulos Antzas Zewlakow Galletti Stoltidis Patsatzoglou Leto Belluschi Kovacevic Leonardo, Raul Bravo, Stoltidis, Dudu, Sisi, Djordjevic, Papadopoulos , Diogo .. thee are very important missings for olyimpiakos.. especially dudu, stoltidis and djordjeviç.. and this team lost 3-0 away to anarthosis.. galatasaray is in form at the moment especially in ali samiyen.. kewell ,arda, lincoln and baros plays very imprssive together.. sabri and hakan balta are very good form at the moment.. they played for national team last week.. both played so impressive.. galatasaray straight wins; 1.9 bet365

Has to be Udinese to win tonight, Spurs will be putting all their efforts into getting out of that bottom half of league, may rest a few of the so called better players. Udinese have started very well in Serie A, 2nd place. Aston Villa at home to Ajax, Villa remain unbeaten in uefa cup this season and two of their draws came after ties were won. Dutch league is not very strong at moment. It has to be a fairly easy win for villa. Portsmouth haven't conceded a goal in first half during the last 3 games i expect thisto happen again. Surley they will learn from last portugal nightmare. Udinese Villa Portsmouth half time draw Treble for me......................
I think your analysis on Udinese/Spurs match is clearly based on statistics. Have you even watched an Udinese match? Yes they may play probably the best 4-3-3 combination in Serie A right now but mind you how can you say "Spurs will be putting all their efforts to get out of relegation" It's early in the season for pete sakes. People think the season is done already? It has just started. If people think that the Spurs are not focused on the UEFA Cup I will say the same with Udinese who are now thinking they can play for the CL...but in order to do so, they have to keep their original starting XI fit. They do not have the necessary depth to go too far in the tourney. Also, who do Udinese play this weekend? Roma. A direct opposition to a CL spot so why should they even care so much about this game. I mean if Udinese was far more impressive than Tottenham then why are they why aren't they even considered heavier favorites. In on match you got Schalke who are 1.65 favorites to PSG both are reputable clubs. Either way I think a lot of the public is getting carried away by stats and not thinking about the realistic approach that both these clubs may take this competition. I've spoken to a lot of Spurs fans who say this is a serious tournament for them, who knows maybe their team is far more suited to the UEFA Cup

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Schalke - Paris Saint Germain Today PSG will be strongly weakened in the game with Schalke, they will not play: Marcos Cearà, Grégory Bourillon, Zoumana Camara, Claude Makelele and Guillaume Hoarau will all be staying in Paris to receive a full week’s normal training. Not known whether will play Guly and Rothen ?? In such case I see here nice value at home win. Info: http://www.psg.fr/en/article/003001/article/43111/Le-Guen-A-solid-team pick 1 odds 1.65 stake 8/10 MYBET

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Schalke 04 - PSG 1 @ 1.70 Zilina - Hamburger Both team to score @ 1.70 Galatasaray - Olympiakos Both team to score @ 1.80 Partizan - Sampdoria Both team to score @ 1.70 Aston Villa - Ajax 1 @ 1.90 Good Luck!

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 The Diogo plays regularly Raul Bravo and sisic is not important absences for Olympic papadopoylos has played only 2 games this year. only stoltidis and doudou are important adsences for olympic. kovasevic is not start to 11. diogo start to 11 and olympiacos play with 4-5-1. I am Olympic and I do not believe that we can take result in in Turkey. I forecast victory galatasaraj with skor the 3-2 and skorer Olympic galleti any moment of fight.

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Im pretty sure that IMO Villa will go with their strongest team tonite with Shorey back at full back releasing the disgruntled Barry back into midfeild. O'Neill wants the youngsters to experience European competition now given that the CL is the mid term goal of all at the club. Think about it. It would be futile NOT to introduce them to a game like this...its the perfect opportunity! Go on you Lions....

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 Schalke -1 @ 2.041 (2 Units) From my knowledge, PSG is carrying their B squad and preparing for their match against Marseille on the weekend. I don't trust French teams on the road period. If French teams have a hard time playing on the road in their own domestic league, they certainly will struggle on the road in a formidable oppositions house. French teams traditionally do not fair well on the road, whereas the Germans have been far more consistent at home. The only downside now to this play is the line ups. Fred Rutten could pull off a surprise and really screw me over but I don't see a reason why he doesn't take the opportunity to win this game vs a PSG squad fielding youngsters. Tottenham +0.5 @ 1.95 (3 Units) Over 2.5 @ 1.94 (1 Unit) God forbid I'm betting on Tottenham again but for good reason. I"ve watched the Zebrettes frequently and I am very very impressed with the way they have played so far this season. Very very open and a lethel 4-3-3 formation that can cause so much havoc to oppositions. Tottenham on the other hand seem to be in all sort of a mess however, when you have Ramos as your manager I still believe there is a shot at regaining some momentum. Having the experience of playing in Europe is key here. Tottenham maybe dead last in the EPL but that doesn't mean they won't be able to get out of there. It is still early days for them and a few wins in a row could spark a climb out of the bottom. Tottenham do have the depth I believe to play both the EPL and the UEFA Cup...something I feel Udinese do not. Outside their starting XI, Udinese are a bit short on supply. A small injury to players such as Felipe, Inler, D'Agostino, and to any of the 3 forwards Pepe, Quagiarella and Di Natale can really alter their formation. I really do not see Udinese playing any other formation than 4-3-3. Udinese do have an important match this weekend vs Roma and could possibly looking towards that match. At the end of the day it's easy to judge teams on stats, anyone can do that, but we also have to take into regard their situation in terms of scheduling, intentions, depth, etc. I do like Udinese but not in this situation, the odds suggest something else, if Udinese were really that good and Tottenham were really that terrible, we would of seen similar odds to the Schalke/PSG game, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Im pretty sure that IMO Villa will go with their strongest team tonite with Shorey back at full back releasing the disgruntled Barry back into midfeild. O'Neill wants the youngsters to experience European competition now given that the CL is the mid term goal of all at the club. Think about it. It would be futile NOT to introduce them to a game like this...its the perfect opportunity! Go on you Lions....
Youngsters? As in who? Gabby, Young and Davies?

Hello, some of you know that i'm from Saint-Etienne but... When i was waiting for the odds, i was waiting for @2,5/2,8 for a Saint-Etienne win. Saint-Etienne will certainly go in Danemark with the best team they can have at the moment. Landrin (midfield) and Dabo (defender), both importants, are injured, like Ilan, but Saint-Etienne have some decents substitutes this year (Mirallas, for example who will travel in Copenhagen). Indeed, UEFA Cup is very important for Saint-Etienne (their return to Europe after 25 years without this competition), and they don't want to give up early in this competition. So, to stay alive until the reception of Valencia... Saint-Etienne must take point(s) from this encouter. Coach Laurent Roussey, who don't rest any player, said yesterday : "All points must be taken (...) With six points, we are qualified". So, Saint-Etienne +0,25 @1,962 is a nice value in my eyes cause Les Verts can take at least one point from this travel. Their position in Frech leagu is not brilliant so earlier they would be qualified, better it will be for domestic league... But I need some informations from Danish friends and will wait for the definitive line-up. Good luck to all ! :ok
I have to disagree with that. SE are without 3 important players. They managed to score 6 goals in 9 games. Away record stands at 0-1-4. They lost away on Saturday to lousy Nantes. Where will they find any goals in this game? CO are in full strength (apart from few long time injuries). They are typical home team with record of 5-0-0. You have to remember, they beat Celtic and Man U at home last year. Copenhagen @2.2 7/10

I think your analysis on Udinese/Spurs match is clearly based on statistics. Have you even watched an Udinese match? Yes they may play probably the best 4-3-3 combination in Serie A right now but mind you how can you say "Spurs will be putting all their efforts to get out of relegation" It's early in the season for pete sakes. People think the season is done already? It has just started. If people think that the Spurs are not focused on the UEFA Cup I will say the same with Udinese who are now thinking they can play for the CL...but in order to do so, they have to keep their original starting XI fit. They do not have the necessary depth to go too far in the tourney. Also, who do Udinese play this weekend? Roma. A direct opposition to a CL spot so why should they even care so much about this game. I mean if Udinese was far more impressive than Tottenham then why are they why aren't they even considered heavier favorites. In on match you got Schalke who are 1.65 favorites to PSG both are reputable clubs. Either way I think a lot of the public is getting carried away by stats and not thinking about the realistic approach that both these clubs may take this competition. I've spoken to a lot of Spurs fans who say this is a serious tournament for them, who knows maybe their team is far more suited to the UEFA Cup
I agree the Spurs should be taking this one seriously Toronto_Mike. Plus, we have to remember that things are not going well but the Spurs have some great talent in the team and also that Juan De Ramos is a great coach (things are just not going his way IMO because there are too many new players and a football team is not like cooking where you just mix the ingridients...it takes time...) and has a winning record/tradition in UEFA competitions. :cheers JC

Re: UEFA Cup - Thursday 23rd Oct 08 1 of 2 things strike me in these posts, either why do teams bother with this competition if all they do is play " weakened teams " due to important league games coming up at the weekend. and.. are these the important league games they play in order to qualify for the tournament they dont care about, as the league is more important so you can qualify for europe !! :unsure chicken or the egg..... ?

I agree the Spurs should be taking this one seriously Toronto_Mike. Plus, we have to remember that things are not going well but the Spurs have some great talent in the team and also that Juan De Ramos is a great coach (things are just not going his way IMO because there are too many new players and a football team is not like cooking where you just mix the ingridients...it takes time...) and has a winning record/tradition in UEFA competitions. :cheers JC
One of my friends said that he has a dream about this game and there was 1-1;) "Both competitions are important," Ramos said. "The most important is the Uefa Cup because it is our next game." Spurs will be without cup-tied duo Roman Pavlyuchenko and Vedran Corluka. Tom Huddlestone has not travelled with the rest of the squad due to injury but Ledley King has made the trip and could feature.