Hide « Fenerbahçe v Arsenal
Juventus v Real Madrid (19:45BST) 3.003.302.85
Hide « Juventus v Real Madrid
Manchester Utd v Celtic (19:45BST) 1.306.2017.00
Hide « Manchester Utd v Celtic
oddsformat_lbl.gifuk_off2.gifeu_on2.gifus_off2.gif
opennewwin.gif
SortAvBOn.gif SortFavOff.gif
v6218.gifv15.gifv6004.gifv6140.gifv6074.gifv6139.gifv1.gifv6169.gifv6133.gifv6171.gifv6006.gifv2.gifv3.gifv6002.gifv10.gifv6018.gifv502.gifv6001.gifv4.gifv6005.gifv401.gifv6138.gif
chart_off.gifManchester Utd1.251.221.281.271.281.251.251.31.251.261.31.251.31.281.251.281.281.281.251.281.271.18
chart_off.gifDraw4.5655.954.754.54.5554.334.5554.654.554.56.26.25.2
chart_off.gifCeltic12151215.5111012138.05118101113121291010171712
Best price percentage: 99.0%, bookies only: 100.1%
Collapse Related markets:

Steaua v Lyon (19:45BST) 3.803.402.21
Hide « Steaua v Lyon
Villarreal v AaB (19:45BST) 1.227.4022.00

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October

Celtic are badly over priced at 17s, I'd have them closer to 10s. I don't fancy them at all, but as a value prop it has merit
Indeed. 17.00 is really overpriced as CL matches can sometimes go either way... Maybe small small punt is worth as I think Celtic will not give up... Just wondering what will tomorrows form of MU be?

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October 17.5 is a big price and is strange to see Celtic at those odds but realistically I can't see anything other than a comfortable home win. Man Utd (-1) at 4/5 with bet365 looks a decent price. Obviously factored into this is Celtic's failure to win away from home in the Champions League coupled with the huge blows of injuries to strikers Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Georgious Samaras which takes away the bulk of Celtic's attacking threat. Must have been a lot of money on Man Utd already as bet365 started by offering what I thought were poor odds of 8/1 for an away win which is now 14/1 while Utd's price has been backed in from 1.28 to 1.22.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Real Madrid 0 @ 2.00 188bet Pity Real Madrid are now slightly favored. This has to be Ranieri's last game at the helm, disasterous season by Juve standards. There even have been calls for fans to support Real Madrid this match in order for Ranieri to get out. Won't be long now till the boardroom decides to give him the axe instead of him trying to resign. The squad is a mess at the back, they have lost any sense of command since Buffon got sidelined, Chellini has taken the boat load, Legrottaglie has been sidelined the last few matches. When I look at their midfield, it's not even world class. Nedved was world class during his prime but come on now, the man is 36...how can you lay rest creativity on him all the time!? Real aren't the greatest in Europe but they are at least heading in the right direction. Very positive win vs their derby rivals on the weekend. Big games like these where we also have to consider how Real does playing Italian opposition too. To make matters more interesting a former Juve great in Fabio Cannavaro is back in his old grounds. The Madridist seem have more of a fire punch then the Juve squad and I can only see that Madrid get something out of this game and add more misery to Ranieri

17.5 is a big price and is strange to see Celtic at those odds but realistically I can't see anything other than a comfortable home win. Man Utd (-1) at 4/5 with bet365 looks a decent price. Obviously factored into this is Celtic's failure to win away from home in the Champions League coupled with the huge blows of injuries to strikers Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink and Georgious Samaras which takes away the bulk of Celtic's attacking threat. Must have been a lot of money on Man Utd already as bet365 started by offering what I thought were poor odds of 8/1 for an away win which is now 14/1 while Utd's price has been backed in from 1.28 to 1.22.
Don't write us off yet big man. Last time we went to Manchester, everyone wrote us off. We went there took the lead only for the game to turn on a Giggs dive for a united penalty which brought them level. Celtic gave a brave performance that night only to go down 3-2. Look at the last time the sides met, no-one gave us a chance. Nakamura then pops up with a wonder strike 10 minutes before the end, couple that with Boruc's peanlty save in the 89th minute and you have one of Parkhead's most famous European nights. Now tomorrow once again no-one gives us chance, so whats my tip for the game??.......United minus 2 :lol. Honestly can see this being a cricket score tomorrow. If Caldwell doesnt make it then we will have to put in Loovens and McManus, both of which have been extremely poor all season, to face the might of Rooney and Ronaldo who are just hitting their best form. Rooney is arguabley in the form of his life at the minute. No crossas, no vennegoor and no samaras, who imo has been celtics most consistent performer this season, and it seems a near impossible task for Strachan and his team. My heart may have a sneaky fiver on us at 16's (which I dont care what two teams are facing each other, that price for any side in the champions league is just ridiculous) but my head will probably take United on the handicap defo -1 possibly -2. Either way, I'm going to have one helluva time in manchester. Going with no expectations, if we get taken apart so be it we'll probably be treated to a fine display of football from the european champions. If we nick at least a point I think its safe to say it will be party time in Manchester :gimme:beer:cheers. Hail Hail There are other few real betting opportunities on tuesday's card. Zenit Porto and Villarreal should all make home advantage count against poor opposition at short odds. For me the stand-out bet is Lyon away to Steau at over evens. Lyon are a side of serious cl pedigree and will be looking to capitalise on the groups two leading sides meeting in Munich by taking all 3 points against a Steau side who although have qualified for the group stages of the cl on many occassions have been nothing more than whipping boys for the past few years. Real have been on a good run as of late, and we all know the have the quality to go to turin and get 3 points, however the Stadio delle Allpi is never an easy place to go and for this reason the measley price of evens is not tempting enough for me to add Real to the acca. My reasoning for avoiding Arsenal is also based on this logic. Gd luck to all with your bets. MON THE HOOPS!!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Manchester Utd v Celtic I think that ManUtd should be able to beat Celtic, since they are returning into their deadly form lately, they have proven this with a win against WestBrom. Also they don`t have problems with injuries and Celtic have quite some, they arein similar position as Newcastle as they are almost completely out of strikers with Samaras and Veneegor out. I think this should be an easy home win. Juventus v Real Madrid Also an interesting match. Juve are doing really bad and Real should capitalise on it. They are in form, they proved this with a victory against Atletico, and Juve lost against Napoli this weekend. Ruud is in form scoring goals, and they are pretty solid in the back too, as they don`t concede many goals lately. Ranieri must go, Napoli started the bussines and Real will finish it. Away win. Bayern München v Fiorentina I think that Fiorentina is somehow under priced, i mean the quotes are too high. They are getting in form and Bayern is`t really convincing i think. Although Fiorentin have almost no CL experiences and are not doing great away(only draw at Steaua) i think that they have the ability to take a point in this game. Bayern is also not that good(draw against VfL Bochum and Olympique Lyonnais) at home doesn`t make them such favourites. I think a draw will occur in this game. Steaua v Lyon Lyon must win in this game if they want to beat Fiorentina and reach the second place in the group. Steaua are no pushovers that they have proven in both previous games, but i think that Lyon have the ability to beat them if they play as giid as they can. Away win.

Don't write us off yet big man. Last time we went to Manchester, everyone wrote us off. We went there took the lead only for the game to turn on a Giggs dive for a united penalty which brought them level. Celtic gave a brave performance that night only to go down 3-2. Look at the last time the sides met, no-one gave us a chance. Nakamura then pops up with a wonder strike 10 minutes before the end, couple that with Boruc's peanlty save in the 89th minute and you have one of Parkhead's most famous European nights. Now tomorrow once again no-one gives us chance, so whats my tip for the game??.......United minus 2 :lol. Honestly can see this being a cricket score tomorrow. If Caldwell doesnt make it then we will have to put in Loovens and McManus, both of which have been extremely poor all season, to face the might of Rooney and Ronaldo who are just hitting their best form. Rooney is arguabley in the form of his life at the minute. No crossas, no vennegoor and no samaras, who imo has been celtics most consistent performer this season, and it seems a near impossible task for Strachan and his team. My heart may have a sneaky fiver on us at 16's (which I dont care what two teams are facing each other, that price for any side in the champions league is just ridiculous) but my head will probably take United on the handicap defo -1 possibly -2. Either way, I'm going to have one helluva time in manchester. Going with no expectations, if we get taken apart so be it we'll probably be treated to a fine display of football from the european champions. If we nick at least a point I think its safe to say it will be party time in Manchester :gimme:beer:cheers. Hail Hail There are other few real betting opportunities on tuesday's card. Zenit Porto and Villarreal should all make home advantage count against poor opposition at short odds. For me the stand-out bet is Lyon away to Steau at over evens. Lyon are a side of serious cl pedigree and will be looking to capitalise on the groups two leading sides meeting in Munich by taking all 3 points against a Steau side who although have qualified for the group stages of the cl on many occassions have been nothing more than whipping boys for the past few years. Real have been on a good run as of late, and we all know the have the quality to go to turin and get 3 points, however the Stadio delle Allpi is never an easy place to go and for this reason the measley price of evens is not tempting enough for me to add Real to the acca. My reasoning for avoiding Arsenal is also based on this logic. Gd luck to all with your bets. MON THE HOOPS!!
They are not evens bud, they are around 6/4 just now with most firms, the evens was an early price the guy got for Draw No Bet. I think Porto's odds are too short at 1.57. Dynamo Kiev have started this group solidly only being denied a victory over Arsenal by a late Gallas equalizer before holding Fenerbahce in Turkey 0-0. They also beat Spartak Moscow 4-1 away from home in the 3rd qualifying round so look a much stronger side than last season. Agree with Lyon at 11/10, they were better away from home in last seasons CL where they won away to Rangers and Stuttgart and picked up a decent point in Munich. In a very important game they should have too much for Steaua.

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventFenerbahce v Arsenal
Selectionover 2.5 goals
Strength10/10
Date21/10/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.98 (Back)
ReasoningThis is pretty much a must win game for the Turks, anything less will see them struggle to make the top 2 so an attacking approach is to be expected. Arsenal, as we know wont sit back and will come with an attacking mindset. Fener beat Anderlecht, Inter Milan, PSV, CSKA Moscow and Chelsea last year and with injuries at the back for Arsenal, they will fancy their chances.

where are those rumors being circulated? i can't se why they would rest them without having secured the group
From BBC Sport And manager Sir Alex Ferguson may rest Ronaldo as he wants him to fully recover from a summer ankle operation.. After a conversation with former United assistant and current Portugal boss Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson is tempted to let Nani loose on Celtic instead. "Carlos feels Cristiano is still finding it hard to recover from a Saturday game to a Wednesday," said Ferguson. "I need to look at this game - and the fact it is on a Tuesday - and assess whether to bring in Nani." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7671418.stm Says nothing about Rooney though, that will just be mind games he will definitely play in this form.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October I fear for us tomorrow. I cannot stand Man Utd and would love nothing more to take something from them but it looks doubtful. We have no Vennegoor or Samaras, both HUGE losses. If we can somehow get a point I will take that. I honestly don't rate them superior too us, we can beat them at parkhead and have already proven it so the players simply have to believe they can do it tomorrow. Hail Hail.

where are those rumors being circulated? i can't se why they would rest them without having secured the group
The rumours come from the Yahoo sports pages, the logic being that Rooney has played 3 games in 8 days ,Ronaldo needs to rest the ankle,. and Evra is resting a hamstring

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October when i see the odd for arsenal actually i was shocked shock.gif because fenerbahce is in a really bad form this year.i am a fenerbahce fan and none is happy with the team.after the new coach,fenerbahce couldn't adapt the new system.deivid and aurelio were two of the most important players of the team last year.aurelio left and deivid has a really important surgery.gokhan gonul right back of the team is injured too and his substitute is injured too.a midfielder will play there and it will be the weakest spot of fenerbahce.i haven't even mentioned about arsenal because fenerbahce is now maybe the team to play the worst football in champions league.and even a moderate team would have enough chance to beat fenerbahce.And arsenal has many player nonstop running and they have van persie and adebayor.it will be a game like hell. arsenal wins @ 1,90 10/10 arsenal ht/ft @ 2,60 9/10 arsenal wins by two goals @ 3,30 8/10 adebayor scores @ 3,10 7/10 i hope you take my analyze serious after the game you will see that the odds for arsenal is exagurrated win.gif

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Seems that your name is right, however you don't heed your own advice! :lol So Man Utd have a chance to wrap up certain promotion with a win and they have a fairly easy game away at Everton next saturday and you think Rooney and Ronaldo may be rested? :) I think this little snippet of information has 2 hopes: No & Bob Before you post such crap please but your brain into gear!

Carefull with the Man Utd bet' date='there are strong rumours that Rooney and Ronaldo are going to be rested ,I still fancy Man Utd to win but I not confidentwith a-2 bet[/quote']

when i see the odd for arsenal actually i was shocked shock.gif because fenerbahce is in a really bad form this year.i am a fenerbahce fan and none is happy with the team.after the new coach,fenerbahce couldn't adapt the new system.deivid and aurelio were two of the most important players of the team last year.aurelio left and deivid has a really important surgery.gokhan gonul right back of the team is injured too and his substitute is injured too.a midfielder will play there and it will be the weakest spot of fenerbahce.i haven't even mentioned about arsenal because fenerbahce is now maybe the team to play the worst football in champions league.and even a moderate team would have enough chance to beat fenerbahce.And arsenal has many player nonstop running and they have van persie and adebayor.it will be a game like hell. arsenal wins @ 1,90 10/10 arsenal ht/ft @ 2,60 9/10 arsenal wins by two goals @ 3,30 8/10 adebayor scores @ 3,10 7/10 i hope you take my analyze serious after the game you will see that the odds for arsenal is exagurrated win.gif
I'm not so sure I'd say they are exaggerated, as Arsenal have terrible defensive injuries - Gallas, Toure and Sagna are all out. They still have a very potent attacking line-up, but they will be very vulnerable at the back.

And manager Sir Alex Ferguson may rest Ronaldo as he wants him to fully recover from a summer ankle operation.. After a conversation with former United assistant and current Portugal boss Carlos Queiroz, Ferguson is tempted to let Nani loose on Celtic instead. "Carlos feels Cristiano is still finding it hard to recover from a Saturday game to a Wednesday," said Ferguson. "I need to look at this game - and the fact it is on a Tuesday - and assess whether to bring in Nani."
Very possible they'll both be rested, with Tevez / Berbatov starting upfront

if it's still tied i can see ronaldo coming in at the hour mark' date=' and im fully expecting rooney to start. this is jmo of course[/quote'] anyway, ManU sure win . correct score is 2:0:nana

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Villareal @1.22 banker of the day Arsenal @2.02 The best away win of the day, enough for me, what gunners showed i second half against everton, and despite i dont know anything about opponent, apart from the fact that they can not beat even the weakest teams in their league-in betting business is not important factor to have personal opinion about teams,that proved through the years,professional gamblers never waste time by watching nonsense games-me i am not professional, not even gambler by the way:clap i am confident, bye bye :ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Manchester United v Celtic Can't see anything past a United win tonight, they are in superb nick. Celtic will be without Venegoor and so can't see them scoring tonight. Odds are a bit prohibitive on a United win, so I'll be taking them on the AH. Might also be worth noting that the last few games, United have been level at HT so a small punt on Draw/Utd on the HT/FT market might also be worth a shout. Pick: Man Utd -1.5 AH @1.72 (Betfair) 6/10 Pick: Draw/Utd (HT/FT) @4.8 (Betfair) 2/10 Best of luck everyone :hope

Seems that your name is right, however you don't heed your own advice! :lol So Man Utd have a chance to wrap up certain promotion with a win and they have a fairly easy game away at Everton next saturday and you think Rooney and Ronaldo may be rested? :) I think this little snippet of information has 2 hopes: No & Bob Before you post such crap please but your brain into gear!
Jonesy Knows ;Thanks for your positive input on my posting,::eyes,I can assure you I passed on this snippet of info with the best of intentions because,(as a man of your experience will understand,) having all the available, up to date ,information,before parting with your cash is a sensible idea,the information I passed on, is freely available on the Yahoo sports pages,and was useful to me, as I was going to back Rooney and Ronaldo to be anytime scorers,and I thought it maybe of use to my fellow punters...........I will however take on board your advice before posting such information again :hope .

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Have to get on Real Madrid folks, anything above evens is a gift, never mind the 8/5 offered by Lads. Lyon has to be favoured away to Steaua. Keita and Grosso both getting a game under their belts in last game and should provide good attacking options, also the fact that Lyon MUST play to win after 2 draws. To make up my treble I will take the tasty 1.90 on offer for over 2.5 in the United/Celtic Battle of Britain! ;) 20 quid will return just shy of 220 beer tokens! :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Can't see United winning whatsoever. Everyone is expecting easy win for United, well people say they are on form but they have only played: Bolton, Aalborg, Blackburn, WBA. Hardly any world beaters are they? They should be beating those teams as champions of england and europe. I think tonight will be a draw go for 0-0 or 1-1. Deffinitely worth a wage on Celtic on handicap, they went San Siro last season and only just got beat same with Villarreal this year. They will shut up shop and United will become frustrated. If Rooney/Ronaldo are rested then deffinitely jump on Celtic handicap. Anyway can't see a Man U win... We will see

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October MAn Utd are bankers.. No way will those scottish Dwarfs get anything outta this Game.. Celtic couldnt even beat Aalborg, so they aint got a chance in Hell of getting anything outta Old trafford.. They are gonna park the bus infront of the goal, as they aint got no strikers. Man utd to win to Nil, or Man Utd to keep a clean sheet.. UTd are not having any probs scoring at the moment, SO they will easily get through a lame Celtic Defence..!!

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Celtic's away form in the CL is abysmal at best. They have never won an away game in the Champions League, and have only taken 1 point from a possible 48 in the group stages. Just something to consider.

Can't see United winning whatsoever. Everyone is expecting easy win for United, well people say they are on form but they have only played: Bolton, Aalborg, Blackburn, WBA. Hardly any world beaters are they? They should be beating those teams as champions of england and europe. I think tonight will be a draw go for 0-0 or 1-1. Deffinitely worth a wage on Celtic on handicap, they went San Siro last season and only just got beat same with Villarreal this year. They will shut up shop and United will become frustrated. If Rooney/Ronaldo are rested then deffinitely jump on Celtic handicap. Anyway can't see a Man U win... We will see
I'm sure loads of people would like to argue with that, agree them teams not being world beaters either are celtic! and also the fact that Samaras is your main striker (whose a city reject) Celtic will not score! And im not being funny im sure Ferguson can rest Rooney, Ronaldo because like other people have said, when youve got Berbatov / Tevez / Nani, there still going to score goals. Like you said we will see :spank Mike

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October I think Arsenal is a sucker bet at this time. Wouldn't be surprised if Fenerbahce takes the lead and some how Arsenal has to play catch up yet again. You've got one desperate team who hasn't lost a CL home game in what 15 games? Then you have Arsenal who seem to hate traveling far Eat and they priced rather reasonable? Come on, something has got to give. Playing youngsters in a hostile environment will be pointless and it will surely be too much for Arsenal too handle. I am sensing a draw here.