** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October

thanks federer.i hope you beat psv tonight.good luck to gerets
no i try a good price on over Marseille got too bad defence at the moment but oktayhan1 you got another topic for Wednesday match in CL :tongue2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October I wouldn't let Boruc go to be honest. The guy is a living legend.... go on the Holy Goalie!!!! lol. And as for that first goal last night. Strachan got his tactics absolutely spot on and they created nothing until their first goal which should never have been. Obviously after that our gameplan had to change and that is when they opened us up more. Cannot wait for the return leg in 2 weeks, the atmosphere will be on a different level altogether.

tell me this SB, would you accept a serious offer for Boruc in January ? I just dont think he is making that difference in specific matches he did 2 years ago, I know he has a lot going on personally ( fcuk look at the size of goram and everything he was up to ) but lately to me he just makes the " decent " stops or the ones you'd expect a keeper to make whos worth his salt, a couple of years ago he was the difference in some matches, of late Id say he hasnt been. Arsenal where quoted around the £10M mark a couple of years back, personally I think his current market value is less than that, but remember my brother saying at c.p in the 2-1 match at the end of last season that goal novo scored was one Artur would have stopped in seasons gone by. just opinions ?
Yeah Nastro, if a team came in with an offer of £10 Million for Boruc I think I'd definantly take it. At the moment he is no where near a £10 million keeper, lets face it he has let whats been happening off the field affect his game BIG time. Another thing that is starting to annoy me is he keeps getting himself in the spot light for all the wrong reasons i.e. winding up the oppositions fans ( he was at Hampden today for a hearing relating to gestures he made at the dark side ). I wouldnt mind this half as much if he was faultless in his performances on the pitch. IMO he should seriously get his head down for a while, keep out of trouble and start concentrating on getting back to the form that made him a fans favourite.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October They should stick the Whole team up for sale in my opinion and buy some good players. They might be good enough in the SPL, but they aint good enough for this competition, probably not good enough for Uefa Cup either this year, as there are too many good sides in it this year. POrtsmouth, AC milan, Udinese, Aston VIlla, Shalke04. The list goes on and on with teams that are on a higher level than Celtic. They need a bit of muscle in the side to compete with the big boyz. Most good sides have strong physical players. I can see AAb picking up more points than Celtic this year as neither side will take any points off Villereal or MAn Utd. So Celtic are gonna have to beat AAb in Denmark to get to the Uefa Cup which will be a hard task i think..

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October God you English can be so arrogant sometimes. Just because a team's english, alcoholic, doesnt make them any better than us. Look at our record in recent years against English sides, in the last 5 years we've knocked out Blackburn and Liverpool whilst beating Man U to qualify for the last 16. Portsmouth have no-one special who I would be too worried about, whilst Villa the only person I'd be worried about would be the Messiah Martin O'Neill. I'm not saying games against these sides would be easy, but I would fancy our chances of nicking a result against them. We almost knocked out AC Milan from the champions league the last time they went onto win it. In fact imo if we had a stronger ref in the san siro to give 1 of the 2 stonewall decisions that were turned down that night it could very easily have been a much different story. I mean if a team of the quality of the huns side last season can make it to the UEFA cup final then it shows you that pretty much anyone can do it.

Yeah Nastro' date=' if a team came in with an offer of £10 Million for Boruc I think I'd definantly take it. At the moment he is no where near a £10 million keeper, lets face it he has let whats been happening off the field affect his game BIG time. Another thing that is starting to annoy me is he keeps getting himself in the spot light for all the wrong reasons i.e. winding up the oppositions fans ( he was at Hampden today for a hearing relating to gestures he made at the dark side ). I wouldnt mind this half as much if he was faultless in his performances on the pitch. IMO he should seriously get his head down for a while, keep out of trouble and start concentrating on getting back to the form that made him a fans favourite.[/quote'] £10 Million for Boruc?? You taking the piss big man?? No way would I take it, yes he has started shaky but in the past 3 years he has proved that, although his personal value is around £10 Million I agree, his value to the team is consideraby more. If it wasnt for him we may have lost that title last season, most definitely wouldnt have qualifed for thecl in the past 2 years and if it wasnt for him we probably would have got horsed in the last 16 ties that we played. he is a WORLD class keeper of thata there can not be any doubt. Evereyone goes through a rough patch, give the big man a few months and it'l all be forgotten about. Have faith guys, THG:notworthy will be back on form soon;)

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Celtic have been quite good the past couple of seasons in Europe, I already said that though, I just think this season they are stugglling against big teams as they cant keep up any longer those tight performances at home. They have been relying heavily on their Home games for points, and riding their luck abit, with slender 1 goal wins against their opponents at home, and beating teams that have already qualified makes their record look better than it could be. Away games, they are truly aweful, They probo have the worst record in the Champ league. Europe is about Home and Away performances, and Celtic dont have the Bite to beat teams in their opponents back yard. So u can make all the excuses in the world, and praise ur team as much as you like, but in reality, their results this season show where they stand up in Europe. I honestly think that Celtic will have probs gettng in the Uefa cup this year, as I think AAB have a good chance of beating Celtic in Denmark. Do you not agree considering your extremely Poor away record?

They should stick the Whole team up for sale in my opinion and buy some good players. They might be good enough in the SPL' date=' but they aint good enough for this competition, probably not good enough for Uefa Cup either this year, as there are too many good sides in it this year. POrtsmouth, AC milan, Udinese, Aston VIlla, Shalke04. The list goes on and on with teams that are on a higher level than Celtic. They need a bit of muscle in the side to compete with the big boyz. Most good sides have strong physical players. I can see AAb picking up more points than Celtic this year as neither side will take any points off Villereal or MAn Utd. So Celtic are gonna have to beat AAb in Denmark to get to the Uefa Cup which will be a hard task i think..[/quote'] Your obviously just fishing for an argument here and your not going to get one because we all know who will get the blame. End of :ok

£10 Million for Boruc?? You taking the piss big man?? No way would I take it' date=' yes he has started shaky but in the past 3 years he has proved that, although his personal value is around £10 Million I agree, his value to the team is consideraby more. If it wasnt for him we may have lost that title last season, most definitely wouldnt have qualifed for thecl in the past 2 years and if it wasnt for him we probably would have got horsed in the last 16 ties that we played. he is a WORLD class keeper of thata there can not be any doubt. Evereyone goes through a rough patch, give the big man a few months and it'l all be forgotten about. Have faith guys, THG:notworthy will be back on form soon;)[/quote'] Nah not taking the piss at all mate. I'd honesltly let him go for £10 Million. £10 million is alot of money to a club like Celtic, I'd rather get the money for him, and spend it on a decent keeper and a half decent left back. Dont get me wrong of course I'd be sad to see him go. But I personally think an offer of ten mill right now would be too good to turn down :(

Celtic have been quite good the past couple of seasons in Europe' date=' I already said that though, I just think this season they are stugglling against big teams as they cant keep up any longer those tight performances at home. They have been relying heavily on their Home games for points, and riding their luck abit, with slender 1 goal wins against their opponents at home, and beating teams that have already qualified makes their record look better than it could be. Away games, they are truly aweful, They probo have the worst record in the Champ league. Europe is about Home and Away performances, and Celtic dont have the Bite to beat teams in their opponents back yard. So u can make all the excuses in the world, and praise ur team as much as you like, but in reality, their results this season show where they stand up in Europe. I honestly think that Celtic will have probs gettng in the Uefa cup this year, as I think AAB have a good chance of beating Celtic in Denmark. Do you not agree considering your extremely Poor away record?[/quote'] The vast majority of what you have said with regards to our home record is farcical tbh. As we always like to sing "If you know your history!" you'll see that the last team (and I think the only team) we beat who had already qualified was Juventus 4-3 halloween 2001. Amazing game that, defo one of my best ever european nights. Again as I'm guessing you have an extremely limitied knowledge on celtic and base your opinion on the stats, instead of actually watching the games you would have found that Celtic are extremely unlucky to have such a shocking away record. If you would like I could go through all those away games and tell you how I believe this to be the case but believe me when I say there is at least half a dozen games where Celtic have found themselves to be extremely unlcuky to come away with nothing. aalborg are a poor side, if we play well we will win, of that I have no doubts. they didnt trouble us once at parkhead and it was our own fault we couldnt take 3 points that night (remember we did miss a pen and had a good goal chopped off). One final thing, I see your worldbeaters Portsmouth put in a solid account of themselves last night :lol. God how the cream of Europe must be terrified of another English "giant" joining europe's elite. Outside the top 4 in England the standard in the premiership is mediocre at best

Nah not taking the piss at all mate. I'd honesltly let him go for £10 Million. £10 million is alot of money to a club like Celtic' date=' I'd rather get the money for him, and spend it on a decent keeper and a half decent left back. Dont get me wrong of course I'd be sad to see him go. But I personally think an offer of ten mill right now would be too good to turn down :([/quote'] Sorry bud, I think we've probably had this discussion before actually, but I think to find another keepr who has as much an influence in the side as big artur does would take more than 10 million (and we all know WGS signing record is rather hit and miss, so I wouldnt be totally confident in his abilities to bringin someone of the required calibre) His added value to the team is more than 10 million, he has had more of an influence than most in helping us to 3 in a row and our progress in Europe in the past few years. I think we'd be nuts to let him go.

Sorry bud' date=' I think we've probably had this discussion before actually, but I think to find another keepr who has as much an influence in the side as big artur does would take more than 10 million ([b']and we all know WGS signing record is rather hit and miss, so I wouldnt be totally confident in his abilities to bringin someone of the required calibre) His added value to the team is more than 10 million, he has had more of an influence than most in helping us to 3 in a row and our progress in Europe in the past few years. I think we'd be nuts to let him go.
Extremely good point you make here mate. I'd be alot more convinced about selling him if we were guranteed quality in the positions we needed. Here what your saying about the influence he has as well, also a valid point, I just think in the present climate of the Scottish game £10 Million for a player who on his day is awsome, but has also showen to have a dodgy side (i.e. letting his fitness and mind be affected with off feild matters) would be too good to turn down. I dont think there is one players in our team at the moment that I would refuse £10 million for - sad sad state of affairs.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October "Again as I'm guessing you have an extremely limitied knowledge on celtic and base your opinion on the stats, instead of actually watching the games you would have found that Celtic are extremely unlucky to have such a shocking away record. If you would like I could go through all those away games and tell you how I believe this to be the case but believe me when I say there is at least half a dozen games where Celtic have found themselves to be extremely unlcuky to come away with nothing" "Unlucky to lose so many games in a row" I've watched a few of the games where Celtic have been playing on European nights. Ofcourse I dont support them, so I dont go out of my way to Watch them. I know my football though, and I watch alot of games, I said earlier in this Thread what the result would be before the match started.. 3-0 or more to MAn Utd if you want to go back and check.. My prediction came through mate. So dont try and patronise me about my football. I dont see why you have to bring nationalities into it either, or make silly no brainer comments. Stick to the football side of things mate. Being Unlucky in football dont win you money and you can make all the excuses you want about their sh_te away record. THis is a betting advice thread and we are here to make money. Not talk about how great your club is and try and make excuses when they lose. Celtic are cack compared to most teams in the CL, they are dam average thats the bottom line, they have average players and i will be opposing them against AAb most probbaly. LOL.-.

"Again as I'm guessing you have an extremely limitied knowledge on celtic and base your opinion on the stats, instead of actually watching the games you would have found that Celtic are extremely unlucky to have such a shocking away record. If you would like I could go through all those away games and tell you how I believe this to be the case but believe me when I say there is at least half a dozen games where Celtic have found themselves to be extremely unlcuky to come away with nothing" "Unlucky to lose so many games in a row" I've watched a few of the games where Celtic have been playing on European nights. Ofcourse I dont support them, so I dont go out of my way to Watch them. I know my football though, and I watch alot of games, I said earlier in this Thread what the result would be before the match started.. 3-0 or more to MAn Utd if you want to go back and check.. My prediction came through mate. So dont try and patronise me about my football. I dont see why you have to bring nationalities into it either, or make silly no brainer comments. Stick to the football side of things mate. Being Unlucky in football dont win you money and you can make all the excuses you want about their sh_te away record. THis is a betting advice thread and we are here to make money. Not talk about how great your club is and try and make excuses when they lose. Celtic are cack compared to most teams in the CL, they are dam average thats the bottom line, they have average players and i will be opposing them against AAb most probbaly. LOL.-.
I wasnt patronising your football knowledge, all I was doing was correcting your inaccurate info on celtic and telling you that the stats regards to their away record doesnt tell the whole story. How do I know that?? Cause I watch them every week, the same as you would be correcting me if I said something inaccurate about your team. I brought nationalitites into it cause you were going on about how great Pompey were and how they would be a massive threat in the UEFA cup, I think its safe to say that point has next to no credibility after last night. look you're comments were obviously fishing for a fight so I'm going to be the bigger man and walk away before I get labelled as a shit stirrer again, and btw thanks a lot you've just given me one more reason I'll be going nuts when we win in Aalborg!

"Again as I'm guessing you have an extremely limitied knowledge on celtic and base your opinion on the stats, instead of actually watching the games you would have found that Celtic are extremely unlucky to have such a shocking away record. If you would like I could go through all those away games and tell you how I believe this to be the case but believe me when I say there is at least half a dozen games where Celtic have found themselves to be extremely unlcuky to come away with nothing" "Unlucky to lose so many games in a row" I've watched a few of the games where Celtic have been playing on European nights. Ofcourse I dont support them, so I dont go out of my way to Watch them. I know my football though, and I watch alot of games, I said earlier in this Thread what the result would be before the match started.. 3-0 or more to MAn Utd if you want to go back and check.. My prediction came through mate. So dont try and patronise me about my football. I dont see why you have to bring nationalities into it either, or make silly no brainer comments. Stick to the football side of things mate. Being Unlucky in football dont win you money and you can make all the excuses you want about their sh_te away record. THis is a betting advice thread and we are here to make money. Not talk about how great your club is and try and make excuses when they lose. Celtic are cack compared to most teams in the CL, they are dam average thats the bottom line, they have average players and i will be opposing them against AAb most probbaly. LOL.-.
Unfortunately I can't disagree with you here :sad Our great home record over the past few seasons is mainly down to the fans and the atmosphere we create which just about gets us over the line. Apart from beating Benfica 3-0 in a good performance, since the great team that got to the UEFA Cup final, we have scraped wins by the odd goal then look well out of our depth away from home. Under O'Neill however, we were very unlucky many a time away from home in the CL, losing a lot of late goals as a result of defensive or goalkeeping calamities after being quite comfortable but your right this current team is distinctly average.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October I brought nationalitites into it cause you were going on about how great Pompey were and how they would be a massive threat in the UEFA cup I never said anything of the sort about pompy. I listed teams that I thought had a better squad than celtic this year in the Uefa cup.. And on paper I would just about rather have Pompeys squad than Celtics to be honest if i had to choose. Pompey are having a bad start to the season this year so far, but they are are good team on paper and will pick up form. Celtic need to strengthen their squad quite alot i think to do better in Europe. NO disrespect, but I honestly feel Celtic will take nothing off Man Utd in Glasgow, and I really think AAB will prove a tough test for Celtic in Denmark to beat. BEst of luck for your team anyway

I brought nationalitites into it cause you were going on about how great Pompey were and how they would be a massive threat in the UEFA cup I never said anything of the sort about pompy. I listed teams that I thought had a better squad than celtic this year in the Uefa cup.. And on paper I would just about rather have Pompeys squad than Celtics to be honest if i had to choose. Pompey are having a bad start to the season this year so far, but they are are good team on paper and will pick up form. Celtic need to strengthen their squad quite alot i think to do better in Europe. NO disrespect, but I honestly feel Celtic will take nothing off Man Utd in Glasgow, and I really think AAB will prove a tough test for Celtic in Denmark to beat. BEst of luck for your team anyway
Fair enough big man :ok

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Liverpool v Atletico Madrid -1.5 goals 3.25 Betfair. Reasons why: Neither team are desperate for the win. Liverpool are yet to register a goal against Spanish opposition during Benitez regime. 35% of Liverpool Champs League home matches under Rafa have finished -1.5 goals. Benitez's Liverpool have failed to beat or even score a goal against a Spanish side at Anfield. Their record of W0-D2-L1 includes draws against Real Betis (19) and Deportivo (11), and a single goal defeat against then-champions Barcelona in 2006/07. Villarreal and Valencia have both had 0-0 draws with English clubs (Man U and Chelsea) in the Champs League already this season.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Sitting here thinking what I could do with tonights games, To me all the favourites look strong favourites imo. Im going to back all favourites -1 on the handicap and will see what kind of profit or loss we come out with. This may seem a bit silly to some but I can see a few teams winning by two goals or more tonight. If we get some of the 'bigger prices' it won't take many games to make a profit. We shall see anyway. :ok Anorthosis v Inter - Inter -1 @ 8/5 Bet365 Barca v Basel - Barca -1 @ 2/5 Stan James CFR Cluj v Bordeaux - CFR Cluj -1 @ 4/1 Bet365 Liverpool v Atletico Madrid - Liverpool -1 @ 15/8 Bet365 Marseille v PSV Eindhoven - Marseille -1 @ 13/5 Bet365 Roma v Chelsea - Chelsea -1 @ 10/3 Bet365 Sporting Lisbon v Shakhtar Donetsk - Sporting Lisbon -1 @ 23/10 Bet365 Werder Bremen v Panathinaikos - Werder Bremen @ 11/10 Betfred :hope

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...