** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October

at the offered odds like 2.4 or 2.5, i think real madrid straight win represents huge value. let's face it, juventus just isn't that good at this level of competition. two consecutive defeats at the hands of palermo and napoli respectively, two squads which are decent in serie A terms, but surely not all that in larger picture, and so they stand at just the 12th place. they also face injury problems: trezeguet and camoranesi are out, iaquinta, mellberg and legrottaglie are all doubtful, leaving them without any sort of depth up front after del piero and amauri. on the other side, real's been looking pretty good and morale is very high after winning the madrid derby. they're simply a better squad at the moment, will probably look to clinch the group with a potential victory, and i'll gladly take the odds offered.
Iaquinta has been a bench warmer. Mellberg and Legrottaglie are fit for the match, that is the last I heard. There are other players that can fill Trez and Camoranesi's absence. But you are right that they do not have too much depth upfront. I am not liking how there is a good chunk of people on Real Madrid, was hoping Juve were the favorite but that was the case when the lines first came out. Now there has been a ton of heavy action for Real. nevertheless I will stick with my guns and think Juve are toast and that Ranieri and Secco are out before or after this weekend.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Juventus, Bayern Munich, and Fenerbache can take advantage of the home field advantage and win their matches despite reservations about form and/or injuries. Home field adavantage in the group stages is crucial to capitalize on in the CL Lyon should defeat Steaua. They have a better roster and the Romanian side hasn't shown anything special up until now. Manchester United-Celtic will probably go under 2.5 goals. Man U has 5 unders in their last 6 at home CL games and Celtic also has 5 of 6 unders in their last 6 away games. The odds for the under are also very good value. So: Juventus-Real: 1 Bayern-Fiorentina:1 Fenerbache-Arsenal:1 Steaua Bucharest-Lyon:2 Manchester United-Celtic: Under 2.5 goals Good Luck to all :hope

go for Man utd v celtic half time full time. Draw/full time Man utd. Rooney first scorer and 2-0 double
Any reasons matey. A good reasoning with your bets earns you more respect. By the way :welcome to PL.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Apologies for the lateness but Villareal -2 on the AH @1.97 is definitely worth a go in my book. Villareal are playing superb at the minute in the Spanish Primera, and I don't think Aalborg will the ability to stop them from putting a few into the back of the net.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Apolgies mugpunter, I didn't realise you were a newbie! :ok I have writing tourettes syndrome when I see comments like the one you originally posted without a valid link / source! I can't see how Ferguson would rest both Rooney & Ronaldo when there is a real chance to book automatic promotion more or less and then he can play a whole 2nd string team and rest everybody for the rest of this group stage!

Jonesy Knows ;Thanks for your positive input on my posting' date='::eyes,I can assure you I passed on this snippet of info with the best of intentions because,(as a man of your experience will understand,) having all the available, up to date ,information,before parting with your cash is a sensible idea,the information I passed on, is freely available on the Yahoo sports pages,and was useful to me, as I was going to back Rooney and Ronaldo to be anytime scorers,and I thought it maybe of use to my fellow punters...........I will however take on board your advice before posting such information again :hope .[/quote']

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October I think anybody who believes Celtic will get a result at Old Trafford tonight needs medication :rollin Man United -2 HCP @2.75 Paddypower I can see nothing other than a comfortable Man united win! Celtic can park as many buses in front of their goal as they like but Man United and the other top 4 sides face teams like this week in week out in the prem. With no real intention other than to try and sneak a draw! Man United are playing well now after a sticky start and Celtic will do well in keeping the scoreline down! Sorry Scottish PL people but the class difference is huge between the English prem and the scottish prem! Also look at Celtics 16 Champions League away encounters: 1 Draw 15 Losses GL :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October when i see the odd for arsenal actually i was shocked shock.gif because fenerbahce is in a really bad form this year.i am a fenerbahce fan and none is happy with the team.after the new coach,fenerbahce couldn't adapt the new system.deivid and aurelio were two of the most important players of the team last year.aurelio left and deivid has a really important surgery.gokhan gonul right back of the team is injured too and his substitute is injured too.a midfielder will play there and it will be the weakest spot of fenerbahce.i haven't even mentioned about arsenal because fenerbahce is now maybe the team to play the worst football in champions league.and even a moderate team would have enough chance to beat fenerbahce.And arsenal has many player nonstop running and they have van persie and adebayor.it will be a game like hell. arsenal wins @ 1,90 10/10 arsenal ht/ft @ 2,60 9/10 arsenal wins by two goals @ 3,30 8/10 adebayor scores @ 3,10 7/10 i hope you take my analyze serious after the game you will see that the odds for arsenal is exagurrated win.gif ALL OF THEM WON I HOPE YOU TOOK MY PICKS

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October 35 goals in 8 games!!! What a goal fest! 6 out of 8 overs. Personally, it wasn't a bad night...small profit with Juventus, Bayern and Lyon winning. Lyon showed serious class in coming back from 2-0 down and then 3-2 down. Fener must really suck this season. I thought the supposedly explosive atmosphere in Istanbul and Arsenal's injuries would help them win. Instead, they get killed..... Man U-Celtic over was maybe unlucky, but it does tell us that Celtic are REALLY inferior. Actually, Zenit and Porto did the real damage to punters tonight. Tomorrow is another day :clap

when i see the odd for arsenal actually i was shocked shock.gif because fenerbahce is in a really bad form this year.i am a fenerbahce fan and none is happy with the team.after the new coach,fenerbahce couldn't adapt the new system.deivid and aurelio were two of the most important players of the team last year.aurelio left and deivid has a really important surgery.gokhan gonul right back of the team is injured too and his substitute is injured too.a midfielder will play there and it will be the weakest spot of fenerbahce.i haven't even mentioned about arsenal because fenerbahce is now maybe the team to play the worst football in champions league.and even a moderate team would have enough chance to beat fenerbahce.And arsenal has many player nonstop running and they have van persie and adebayor.it will be a game like hell. arsenal wins @ 1,90 10/10 arsenal ht/ft @ 2,60 9/10 arsenal wins by two goals @ 3,30 8/10 adebayor scores @ 3,10 7/10 i hope you take my analyze serious after the game you will see that the odds for arsenal is exagurrated win.gif ALL OF THEM WON I HOPE YOU TOOK MY PICKS
Well done...I honestly could not see Fenerbahce getting destroyed like that but you knew the team better. Perhaps if Zico was still the manager the score would of favored Fenerbahce. Well done mate, keep it up! Maybe Arsenal will beat them by 5 goals at Emirates? lol

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October this year any defeat is possible for fenerbahce.the squad is really good.but the problem is about the coach.aragones has problems with everyone.that affects the team a lot.as a fenerbahce fan i don'T think fenerbahce will get a win in the next three games either.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Cheers for the inside info mate, ;) p.s. what does your nick mean?

this year any defeat is possible for fenerbahce.the squad is really good.but the problem is about the coach.aragones has problems with everyone.that affects the team a lot.as a fenerbahce fan i don'T think fenerbahce will get a win in the next three games either.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October "Alcoholic, Just a typical view from an Englishman who has no respect for Celtics' achievements in Europe on a shoestring budget. If they do win 3-0, I will hold my hands up but to say Rab C Nesbitt may aswell take over is sheer bollocks. Strachan has performed miracles with Celtic to get us into the last 16 two seasons in a row... as I say... on a very poor budget. Its a well known fact we are given no hope against English sides but just have a look at results in the past few years.... it tells a completely different story" Tell it someone who cares. By the way im not English, and I dont see why u scottish have to get so defensive all the time. No sense of humour when it comes to ur country. Betitng agaist Celtic isnt a personal thing, i just wanna make money and I thin Celtic are Crap compared to MAn utd (Champions of Europe).... 3-0 end result.. Ching Ching.. I hope U made loads of cash last night like I did, hopefully u didnt bank on Celtic winning...

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October Yet again Celtic are cheated in Europe. Strachan got his gameplan spot on until they scored the first of 2 blatant offside goals. Yet again the big teams get decisions their way in Europe.... just like Villarreal scored a freekick from a blatant dive in our last match. A complete shambles. Still have to love how our supporters (3'500 of them) out sung 70'000 united fans for 90minutes..... we do it every single time down south and it makes me proud! :D

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October "Still have to love how our supporters (3'500 of them) out sung 70'000 united fans for 90minutes..... we do it every single time down south and it makes me proud" Its a small fry game for the MAnchester Supporters, Just expecting 3 points and a nice performance.. Its a far bigger ocassion for the scots as they have somethign to Prove to the English all the time. I like to see a Happy Loser. Its good that your team can get thrashed off the park and you can still be supportive and proud of them, even when they get whipped 3-0.. Ur a true Fan..

Well done...I honestly could not see Fenerbahce getting destroyed like that but you knew the team better. Perhaps if Zico was still the manager the score would of favored Fenerbahce. Well done mate, keep it up! Maybe Arsenal will beat them by 5 goals at Emirates? lol
Not so hard to guess what happens when a Turkish team come to visit English side at their home in recent years.;)

Yet again Celtic are cheated in Europe. Strachan got his gameplan spot on until they scored the first of 2 blatant offside goals.
Although I backed United to win, I've got to admit you're spot on about this. Berbatov's first was a disaster for the linesman and the second one wasn't too great either! But then again, I think Rooney put it in the back of the net and that was wrongly disallowed for offside so maybe these things kind of even out!

Yet again Celtic are cheated in Europe. Strachan got his gameplan spot on until they scored the first of 2 blatant offside goals. Yet again the big teams get decisions their way in Europe.... just like Villarreal scored a freekick from a blatant dive in our last match. A complete shambles. Still have to love how our supporters (3'500 of them) out sung 70'000 united fans for 90minutes..... we do it every single time down south and it makes me proud! :D
Tbh JJ, yes the two goals should never have stood but we can have few arguements with the result. The gulf in class was there for all to see, frankly we're just not good enough at this level. Thats not a criticism at the team, the manager or even the board its just how it is. We've been punching above our weight in Europe for the past few seasons and I think this year its starting to show. I think an article I read on the way down to Manchester showed clearly why there is such a big gulf in class. The SPL agree a contract for £125Million for their tv rights, when the Sky rights for the EPL go up next time round the price will be around the £2.35 BILLION mark. I agree though, our fans were sensational, loved every minute of it being there last night despite the result. Our fans deserve a team that can go and challenge in Europe regulary, sadly due to the economic situation within our football thats never going to happen. Loved singing to the scum united fans (to the tune of 3 lions) "WE WON IT FIRST, WE WON IT FIRST, WE WON IT!! CELTIC WON IT FIRST!!" Also made a few quid by taking Berbatov fgs and 3-0 at 25/1 so not a bad night overall

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October "I agree though, our fans were sensational, loved every minute of it being there last night despite the result". U didnt win on the pitch, but you won off the pitch then.. If only they gave points for Cheering..

Tbh JJ, yes the two goals should never have stood but we can have few arguements with the result. The gulf in class was there for all to see, frankly we're just not good enough at this level. Thats not a criticism at the team, the manager or even the board its just how it is. We've been punching above our weight in Europe for the past few seasons and I think this year its starting to show. I think an article I read on the way down to Manchester showed clearly why there is such a big gulf in class. The SPL agree a contract for £125Million for their tv rights, when the Sky rights for the EPL go up next time round the price will be around the £2.35 BILLION mark. I agree though, our fans were sensational, loved every minute of it being there last night despite the result. Our fans deserve a team that can go and challenge in Europe regulary, sadly due to the economic situation within our football thats never going to happen. Loved singing to the scum united fans (to the tune of 3 lions) "WE WON IT FIRST, WE WON IT FIRST, WE WON IT!! CELTIC WON IT FIRST!!" Also made a few quid by taking Berbatov fgs and 3-0 at 25/1 so not a bad night overall
Agree here Thommo! My frustration though is that at the point of the first offside goal, I thought Celtic were relatively comfortable, we had had a few shots on target ourselves and anything coming from Man Utd was pretty much from outside the 18 yard box (usually bread and butter for Boruc - Not so much on recent form though). As soon as this goal went in that was it, the game was over. It just frustrates me that while playing in the BEST competition in the world of football, we cannot mach the talent shown by the players, managers, coaching staff and even the fans with the the talent we get from the officials. These decisions at this level are so expensive in terms of financial and confidence terms. Surely it cannot be that hard to train officials to start getting a higher percentage of these decisions correct, or even introduced TV technology, I mean it would take what, 5 seconds for an official in the stand with a tv replay to have judged those two goals offside.? Now I am not saying Man Utd did not deserve the win, yes had the official got the offside decsions correct Man Utd would still have gone on and won probably, as WGS said they are one of the THE BEST teams he has ever watched in European football. Think we remain on course for a UEFA cup spot, and unfortunalty until the tide of our economics situation within the Scottish game changes, I think the Uefa cup will be our level :(:(

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October I travelled to manchester yesterday basically not wanting to be embarresed and we came pretty close to it IMO - Utd operate in a completely different planet to us, somewhere between damage limitation and keeping it tight and try to nick one was our game plan - has to be said it worked up until a point then we collapsed after that. just seen goals on t.v for the 1st time, linesman def got a couple of decisions wrong but 3-0 was about right regardless. We punched above our weight to reach the last 16 in the last couple of years and you could say unlucky in the draw ( drawing the defending champions both occasions ) but after the goaless match at home to aalborg it was a fight with them to not finish bottom, and that is where we are at unfortunately, you dont start champions league matches with lee naylor, stephen mcmanus and mark wilson etc.. and expect to be in the latter stages of this competition.

(usually bread and butter for Boruc - Not so much on recent form though).
tell me this SB, would you accept a serious offer for Boruc in January ? I just dont think he is making that difference in specific matches he did 2 years ago, I know he has a lot going on personally ( fcuk look at the size of goram and everything he was up to ) but lately to me he just makes the " decent " stops or the ones you'd expect a keeper to make whos worth his salt, a couple of years ago he was the difference in some matches, of late Id say he hasnt been. Arsenal where quoted around the £10M mark a couple of years back, personally I think his current market value is less than that, but remember my brother saying at c.p in the 2-1 match at the end of last season that goal novo scored was one Artur would have stopped in seasons gone by. just opinions ?

when i see the odd for arsenal actually i was shocked shock.gif because fenerbahce is in a really bad form this year.i am a fenerbahce fan and none is happy with the team.after the new coach,fenerbahce couldn't adapt the new system.deivid and aurelio were two of the most important players of the team last year.aurelio left and deivid has a really important surgery.gokhan gonul right back of the team is injured too and his substitute is injured too.a midfielder will play there and it will be the weakest spot of fenerbahce.i haven't even mentioned about arsenal because fenerbahce is now maybe the team to play the worst football in champions league.and even a moderate team would have enough chance to beat fenerbahce.And arsenal has many player nonstop running and they have van persie and adebayor.it will be a game like hell. arsenal wins @ 1,90 10/10 arsenal ht/ft @ 2,60 9/10 arsenal wins by two goals @ 3,30 8/10 adebayor scores @ 3,10 7/10 i hope you take my analyze serious after the game you will see that the odds for arsenal is exagurrated win.gif ALL OF THEM WON I HOPE YOU TOOK MY PICKS
Fantastic stuff, well done! :ok Must admit I was way out on this match, never thought Arsenal would put away 5 and be so effective infront of goal as they were. Truth be told though, if it wasn't for Almunia it could have been a few more goals...Song/Silvestre looked pretty bad, though it was their first game together.

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October thanks mate!My last night pick was Fenerbahce-Arsenal game.Tonight i really fancy a Liverpool win.Maybe they don't have Torres,but they still have two of the babbel,kuyt,keane and they have gerrard behind them.It is even more than enough for a doubtful team like Atletico.They have many defensive problems and the two wins they had against the weakest teams of the group keep the odds high for liverpool.And also i expect a lot from riera tonight.he is originally from catalunia and will want to show himself in madrid for sure. atletico-liverpool 02 @ 1,50 9/10 over 2,5 @ 2,20 8/10 liverpool wins @ 2,80 7/10 gerrard scores @ 4,20 6/10

thanks mate!My last night pick was Fenerbahce-Arsenal game.Tonight i really fancy a Liverpool win.Maybe they don't have Torres,but they still have two of the babbel,kuyt,keane and they have gerrard behind them.It is even more than enough for a doubtful team like Atletico.They have many defensive problems and the two wins they had against the weakest teams of the group keep the odds high for liverpool.And also i expect a lot from riera tonight.he is originally from catalunia and will want to show himself in madrid for sure. atletico-liverpool 02 @ 1,50 9/10 over 2,5 @ 2,20 8/10 liverpool wins @ 2,80 7/10 gerrard scores @ 4,20 6/10
i hope all your pick will be win again .I'm a Marseille fan and i will be very happy if Reds win at Madrid tonight :hope

Re: Champions League: Group Stage- Matchday Three Tuesday 21st October barcelona is back to its shiny days.They are quite safe to bet also.they don't have any important injuries and they have messi back.the best thing what guardiola did was to win henry back.he is not like a problem in team any more.and they iniesta and xavi in great form behind them. basel has had problems previously in the league especially defensively.as far as i read from the news their coach will make the team play with another tactic.and if you do it against a team to have experienced and fast strikers like etoo and henry,you suck. Defensively they have a lot of problems and their young strikers will be too weak between barça's centrebacks marques and puyol.I expect an easy win for barcelona and etoo to score. Barcelona wins @ 1,45 9/10 Barcelona wins by two @ 1,98 8/10 over 2,5 @ 1,65 9/10 over 3,5 @ 2,50 8/10 etoo scores @ 2,40 7/10 messi scores @ 2,40 6/10 Barcelona wins HT/FT @ 1,77 8/10