** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 )

Bagzi

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) don't bet to psg kayserispor is very strong at home last year they beat fenerbahçe and besiktas also they had a draw against galatasaray in this season they've got good forwards like aghahowa and purovic. also a good midfield fighter you'll see in turkish national team too mehmet topuz. psg can't score easy and in this match it would be harder i predict a narrow home win like 1:0. also besiktas and galatasaray are tempty.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Im surprised not many people have said much about the Aston Villa game, I am thinking about lumping on them but don't really know yet because I don't know who's injured, Will they setlle for a draw or will they go for an early. Ive just finished a nightshift so don't have enough energy to go browsing through stats so anyone's comments regarding this game would be greatly appreciated.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 )

How good are Litex Lovech? You see I think that Aston Villa are one of the best top 6 sides in the Premiership right now. I think that they have goals in the team and pace that most opposition sides cannot deal with. I think they will be able to win away to Litex Lovech as they beat Tottenham on Monday. I know that Tottenham are on bad form but Litex Lovech are surely no bigger test than Tottenham? Any news too on Ashley Young as I know that he was substituted in the game on Monday night.
Well i'm sure Ashely Young will be playing, the only person not traveling will be John Carew, Ashley did take a knock to this knee, but he is very important to Aston Villa, he will probably play but be taken out in the second half, if and when Villa look secure, and i think we are more then capable of beating this time comfortably, my bet is for a straight Villa win @ 3/4 on Bet365, a nice price, and i shall be on it :D, and i dont think Villa are the team to settle for a draw, they are one of the most attacking teams in the league, and our speed is immense, if we get one early, it can really open the flood gates, last season we were highest scorers in the leagues, next to only Man Utd, as far as i know, but we did let a few in also, but our back line has tightened up big time since then, and i'm very confident, Villa (-1) @ 23/10 also...

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) A few words about Litex They win Cherno More in Bulgarian Cup Final so that qualifying them for the UEFA cup.Litex beat Kiryat Shirmona in Israel with 2-1 and after goalless match at home they go further to play with Aston Villa.Their strongest point is their manager Stanimir Stoilov.He brings Levski back in 2006 to the quarterfinals of UEFA cup, and in 2006/2007 season he even managed to qualify Levski for the Champions League, so he has experience from European cups and O'Neil shouldn't forget that. Litex is unbeaten so far in Bulgarian league where they are second on the table after five games played with score 3-2-0. I haven't any information about their formation or first squad for tonight game but here are players on whom Stoilov may count in this match: Squad: Todorov, Alexandrov, Golubovich, Venkov, Berberovic, Nikolov, Kambon, Barthe, Zanev, Sandrinho, Manolev, Ivelin Popov, Tom, Dudu, Tzvetanov, Berten, Benguisov, Asedo, Tsvektov, Strahil Popov, Angelov,Bibishkov, Du Bala, Niflor, Pashov.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Kayserispor Souleymanou Durmuş Ali Turan Eren Güngör Toledo Mehmet Topuz Abdullah Saidou Umut Koçin Aghahowa Mehmet Eren PSG Landreau Ceara Traore Camara Armand Giuly Sessegnon Clement Rothen Kezman Hoarau kayseri will be without Cangele(striker), Ragıp(midfield), Koray(midfield), Olembe(striker) ve Puroviç(striker).. these are very important missing for kayseri.. and kayseri will play without very important strikers.. kayseri manager tolunay kafkas said that kayseri will play for not to conced goal firstly.. and they want to promote in paris.. and we know that french teams plays very defensive football away.. under 2.5 ; 1,61 (banker) bet365

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) BELLİNZONA Bucchi Belotti Rocca Conti Wahab Lustrinelli Rivera Roux Raso Mangiarratti Gürkan GALATASARAY Sanctis Alparslan Meira Servet Volkan Aydın Ayhan Lincoln Kewell Baros Nonda galatasaray has to win that match cause if gala not, manager skibbe can be fired.. gala eleminated champions league and skibbe has to prove own.. gala will play very offencive team today, baros , lincoln, kewell , nonda.. belinzona is very weak team in switzerland , and no chance.. gala -1 handicap ; 3.30 bet365

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) BEŞİKTAŞ Rüştü Serdar Kurtuluş Sivok Zapotocny Tello Holosko Uğur Cisse Serdar Özkan Delgado Bobo METALİST KHARKİV Goryainov Selin Obradovic Gueye Bordiyan Aparecida Trisovic Butenko Rykun Devic beşiktaş plays very impressive football at home.. and beşiktaş is very experienced europen cups.. beşiktaş will play full squad.. metalist is very unexperienced team.. beşiktaş straight wins; 1.4 bet365

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Regarding Borac - Ajax match. I think that many will come to see not just Ajax but also Miralem Sulejmani who is former Partizan Belgrade player and which move to Heerenveen was pretty contraversial ending with suspension of Sulejmani by Football association of Serbia till the end of the season that year etc. Well, I don't know if I'm thinking right but Sulejmani should be full of confidence in front of his friends and citizens and Partizan management. His form is great and maybe tonight we'll see him on score board :ok All in all, on more argument for me for Ajax AW. :hope

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) I agree with you about Sulejmani, and I know that but just didn't want to be too wide in my post.You're right that there will be lots of people who will support Sulejmani because he is a child of Partizan Belgrade and he leave the club cause he had a fight with former main man in Partizan Zarko Zecevic. So, hope that Sulejmani will tonight score at least one goal. :ok

aw win for me, i dont think borac is better than red star correct? red star was pure disaster against apoel, seems like a banker ajax win this one, i need info though about ajax starting line up thnx:eek
Mate, you can not compare Red Star and Borac, not in this time, because Red Star have many problems in the club, and that is why they loose theirs games in europe ( in domestic league they also loosing three out of four games so far and they are on the bottom of the table ). On the other side, Borac Čačak is poor team, and they don´t have any wins this season, 2 draws in front of their own fans and one away lost and a draw with goal difference 1-3. I still belive that Ajax will win this game, but we will see what aproach they will have in todays match. Borac coach said ˝we can overtake strong team of Ajax˝, We will see what will happen mate:ok

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) BRANN SK-LA CORUNA Brann haven't win in last seven competitive matches.In fact, from July they have been played 13 matches and they have score 2-3-8.They obviously are in crisis and in domestic league stand in 7th place after 20 rounds and they still missing 7 points to the place that lead in Intertoto cup.Intertoto could be impossible mission for them because there are just 6 round to play.In Norwegian Cup there are eliminated by Molde with an embarrassing 8-0 result.Two of their best players Erik Bakke and striker Njogu Demba-Nyrén are doubtful for tonight game and best scorer Thorstein Helstad have joined Le Mans.I think that they are forgot about UEFA cup and focused on domestic league. Depor, on the other side, is in great form.They loose just one match since pre-season, and that was against Villareal last week.Depor win Real in La Liga, Atletico Madrid in Teresa Herrero Cup and Hajduk Split in UEFA.For tonight game they can't count on De Guzman who is under suspension after he got red card against Hajduk, and Mista who have muscle problems. I think that Depor should easy win this one. BRANN: Udjus – Dahl, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason, Hanstveit – Solli, El Fakiri, Einarsson, Moen – Huseklepp, Austin DEPOR: Aranzubia – Laure, Colotto, Piscu, Lopo, Filipe/Guardado – Pablo Alvarez, Sergio, Juan Rodriguez, Lafita – Ómar Bravo My pick AW @1.85 Expekt

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) The only couple I fancy are AC Milan but at 1/7, i'm not going to bother. And then Portsmouth, they are a strong team normally at home. 8/15 nice odds. They have Crouch and Defoe up front, Defoe has scored some great goals this season while Crouch will be a danger in the air and at set pieces. However they do have a defensive minded midfield which puts me off, no wingers or attacking players at all. To those picking Spurs Pavyluchenko and Corluka are cup tied, Modric is out so not really worth risking. Although they should really win.

BELLİNZONA Bucchi Belotti Rocca Conti Wahab Lustrinelli Rivera Roux Raso Mangiarratti Gürkan GALATASARAY Sanctis Alparslan Meira Servet Volkan Aydın Ayhan Lincoln Kewell Baros Nonda galatasaray has to win that match cause if gala not, manager skibbe can be fired.. gala eleminated champions league and skibbe has to prove own.. gala will play very offencive team today, baros , lincoln, kewell , nonda.. belinzona is very weak team in switzerland , and no chance.. gala -1 handicap ; 3.30 bet365
Gala certainly has the name, the reputation, but most people had called them a banker against Steaua, a "team in turmoil," and look what happened. At home Gala gave up two goals in the first 15 minutes before coming back to draw, and then on the road, were held clean 0-1. You're probably right to favor them here, but Bellinzona, though a promoted team, has been holding its own in Super League...they can score, and they know how to get a result, in the admittedly poorer Swiss league.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Portsmouth Vs Guimaraes Pompy started the season poorly but their home form has since picked up nicely including impressive wins away to Everton and home to M'boro, Crouch and Defoe are beggining to strike up a partnership with the latter looking particulary sharp in front of goal at the moment, The Portguese side lie 4th in their league and will look to sit back and defend, just think Pompy's current form will see them through this one, Pompy WIN @ 1.58

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Some words about Russian teams. FC Moscow v FC København As russian i hope home win but as punter i think what home win is big big question. Moscow team is very unstable team. Last five FC Moscow have +3=1-1 but twice they beat outsiders, home lose agaist good Perm team, draw against second place Dinamo (but Dinamo after sold striker Danni in Zenit havent firepower in attack). Last match FC Moscow win, but b'coz Spartaks not realized self moments (after first half Spartak win 1-0 and have chances for 3-0 or 4-0. Second half Spartaks players was very relax and havent concentration afteк break). FC København as i know - is strong team. One lose in 7 games in championship after Brondby... Havent more info :( My opinion: Moscow no best in this game. X2 1.7 NK Slaven Koprivnica v CSKA Moscow CSKA in good form. 8 matches without lose. And goals 12-1. Keeper Akinfeev (first Russian NT keeper) have brilliant game. As i know Slaven coach said about scheme 4-4-2 in this game. Is good for CSKA. Good defenders and fast wingers contrattacks, especially with Yuri Zhirkov (NT player). We have good chances for Away Win 1.7 FC Baník Ostrava v Spartak Moscow Banik now havent good results in domestic champ +2=1-3, score 7-6. Spartak too no impress +1=3-1 score 6-6 and two crushes in LC 1-4 and 1-4 from Dinamo Kiev Ukraine. But Spartak at least have contract with B. Laudrup as coach and i think konflicts in team will finished. Big Spartaks problem - no good replacement for stiker Pavluchenko whos sold in Spurs... I think today we cant see fast game and is good for Spartak. They lose against fast teams but in slow game they no bad (almost all players is players from others national teams and they more class then Banik players)... Spartak dont lose today imo. Spartak (0) 1.65

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Why is nobody mentioning Standard Liege??? They came so close to beating Liverpool in the CL qualifiers, who they were better than over both matches. Surely 4/1 for them to beat Everton, who have been poor this season, is a value pick. I personally have a £50 Accumulator on Bayern (WON), Aston Villa, Man City, Standard Liege

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) I'm going for Manchester City in the end. At their odds ariund 8/11 / 4/6 Personally think it's worth taking, they looked good Vs Chelsea, but Chelsea had clinical finishing. With players like Jo, Robinho, SWP, Elano, theres goals in the team and Richards, Hart, Zabaleta and Dunne are no mugs to defending. City will go for the win as they have quite a lot of games coming up they will want to ge tthe job done here. They will play a patient game but scoreline will be 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 to City. Also truthfully I don't know much about the other team but at the end of the day theres a massiev difference between premiership and the cyprus league.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Took so far: Strong single Lech +0,5 away to Austria at 1,75 and Over 3 at 2,59 in the same game The Poles are simply a far better team only chance for Austrians is a biased ref or a very Very BAD day for Lech. Shit happens but logic makes this pick very safe, so do stats. Strong double with Braga and Pompey at 2,30 Read here Artmedia are having domestic problems, Braga seems to be permanently booked for this Cup's Groups, and they are better. I rate the Portuguese football high, but also think that at least in the first leg Pompey will win if nothing else as of the home advantage. Overs so far Feyenoord, no need for much explanation - Dutch good team at home vs the top scoring Swedish team. Belinzona - Galata - oods for Over just as good/bad as for AW and Galata are used to break every punter's nerves in the Cups. Wo;fsburg - guests are better than odds suggest and I think they will also score. Good luck

How good are Litex Lovech? You see I think that Aston Villa are one of the best top 6 sides in the Premiership right now. I think that they have goals in the team and pace that most opposition sides cannot deal with. I think they will be able to win away to Litex Lovech as they beat Tottenham on Monday. I know that Tottenham are on bad form but Litex Lovech are surely no bigger test than Tottenham? Any news too on Ashley Young as I know that he was substituted in the game on Monday night.
Litex is a team you always expect to finish in top 3 domestically. Financially stable for many years now, regulars in UEFA Cup. Produced a lot of talent, improved a lot of players, both Bulgarian and foreign, who, after a couple of seasons are sold as a rule with decent profit. Traditionally have excellent Managers incl a couple of important Euro names. IMO today they will give Villa a good, honest and fair game - no one expects miracles from them, the home crowd is very civilized, people around here are more into watching a good team from EPL. Saw them vs Hamburger last season, in both games performed great, but the class difference in the end prevailed. AWAY win with CS 1-1 insurance looks fairly safe. I still give some chances for a draw as Litex President has good contacts in the UK, he will be seeing this game as a chance to complete yet another lucrative transfer for his boys, so Litex will be out to impress big time. Regards

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Feyenoord coach Gertjan Verbeek has an injury crisis ahead of the UEFA Cup first-round tie against Kalmar FF on Thursday. Andwele Slory has been ruled out for six weeks with an injury sustained against FC Volendam on Saturday, joining Karim El-Ahmadi, Ron Vlaar and Luigi Bruins in the treatment room. Kermit Erasmus, Roy Makaay, Manteiga, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and Denny Landzaat are all doubtful, while Jonathan de Guzman is suspended.

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) I have followed this forum for a year or more now, it's time for my first post. :nana I'm from Poznan and will give you some information concerning the matches of two Polish teams. Lech Poznan is playing away against Austria Vienna. Lech is in fantastic form, I haven't seen a Polish club playing that well since Wisla's fantastic performance in the UEFA Cup couple seasons ago. There is only one important missing in the squad and that's the left defender, both Djurdevic and Henriquez are injured, so Jakub Wild, left midfielder, will have to play there. I would be a little worried about it because it's not his position but he replaced Henriquez after only 17 minutes against Wisla and played really well. Furthermore I am sure coach Smuda will have a talk with him and tell him to be very concentrated. Bartosz Bosacki, the central defender, who missed tha game against Wisla will most probably be available again. There's just one thing I can't predict about Lech's the starting 11. Will Dmitre Injac, defensive midfielder, play or will it be the striker Robert Lewandowski, who's in great form and scores goal after goal in each competition. Should Smuda decide for the more defensive option I would take Lech not to lose, but if Lewandowski starts I think Lech could be backed to win. As far as the game between Tottenham and Wisla is concerned...well much will depend on goalkeepers I believe, which makes the final score unpredictable in my opinion. Wisla's goalkeeper Mariusz Pawelek has had a very poor game against Lech. But I have also watched Tottenham against Aston Villa on Monday and Gomes was just awful in goal. I don't only mean his howler that almost secured the three points for Villa but in the first half he created so much danger in his own penalty area. Tottenham have been really poor so far this season, especially after such good preseason games, 3 of the 4 league goals have come out of nowhere: own goal against Middlesbrough, lucky deflection of Lampard that fell into the path of Bent and another lucky deflection in the Villa game. Wisla will probably try to make it very tight at the back and they can do it I believe. So I would go for the under. To sum up, my bets for today would be: Lech Poznan 0, +0.5 Tottenham - Wisla Under 2.5

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) My bets for today: Portsmouth-Guimarães Portsmouth seems to be improving lately and won their last 2 matches (0-3 at Everton and 2-1 at home against Middlesbrough). Guimarães is still bitter (and they have all the right to be) by the way they were denied the Champions League spot they deserved by being "robbed" in the away game against Basel. Guimarães will miss many players (some injured some suspended) tonight including team captain Flávio Meireles. Because of the absences and of Peter Crouch, coach Manuel Cajuda is expected to play an unusual for Guimarães lineup with 3 centre backs (meaning 5 defenders). If he does that, that's a mistake IMO. I expect a Portsmouth win tonight and will risk a bit more by taking the handicap bet. My bet: Portsmouth -1AH (1.81); Sevilla-Salzburg Sevilla has 4 overs in their last 6 home games (everyone remembers the last one a 4-3 victory...) and scored at least 2 goals in all of those games except one. Salzburg has 4 overs in their last 6 away matches scoring in all of those games. My bet: >2.75 (1.76); Napoli-Benfica Always hard to bet on your team (in my case Benfica...)... Napoli was in the lower divisions a few years ago, climbed back to the top division and is now playing in the UEFA Cup. They're a tough team to beat and are 5-1-0 in their last 6 games overall. Tonight Benfica will miss stars Oscar Cardozo (suspended) and Pablo Aimar (injured) but another star, David Suazo, is expected to make his debut. He will team up with Jose Antonio Reyes and Angel Di Maria (new Argentina wonder kid). Benfica has a 2-4-0 record in their last 6 games overall and scored in all of those games except one (a 0-0 home friendly against Inter Milan). Sao Paolo stadium will be packed with fans and Napoli has the home advantage but Benfica has what it takes to get a good result here if they have the right attitude. At this price the "value" is on Benfica IMO. My bet: Benfica +0.25AH (2.25); Braga-Artemedia Braga has big expectations for this season and I think they'll have a good season overall (they have all they need in order to achieve that). On the other hand, Artemedia seems to be in some sort of downtrend lately, not performing well at all in their league and with a lot of internal turmoil. Artemedia lost their last 3 away games all by more than 1 goal margin (4-0 to Juventus-Italy, 4-1 to Slovan Bratislava and 2-0 to Ruzomberok) and I see that happening again tonight as long as Braga doesn't underestimate them. My bet: Braga -1AH (1.78); Marítimo-Valencia Valencia are the better team and the clear favorites on this one but I'm not so sure they will win tonight. Valencia had a good start of the season while Marítimo lost both their first 2 matches in the Portuguese League. Still, Estádios dos Barreiros is always a tough place for opponents to play (just ask the 3 big clubs in Portugal), Marítimo surely has the players to improve from where they are internally and, unlike Valencia, for the last 2 weeks they've been doing nothing else but to prepare for tonight's game (a spotlight game for them). I rate Valencia as having a 50% of winning tonight but with the odd at around 1.70 right now the value IMO is clearly on Maritimo not to lose. Also, Valencia's coach said in the game preview that "a draw wouldn't be a bad result", so I guess he'll be happy with a draw... ...I'll take the "home dog" on this one as I think that's where the "value" is. My bet: Marítimo +0.5AH (2.16); Setúbal-Heerenveen Tonight's game will be played at Sporting's Stadium in Lisbon (Setúbal is located around 40Km south of Lisbon) as Setúbal's Stadium didn't get UEFA's approval for tonight's game. We'll have a big stadium with very few thousand fans...meaning, IMO, a neutral venue for the game... These teams met 2 years ago under similar circunstances (same stadium and everything) with Heerenven winning the 1st game in Portugal 0-3. Setúbal improved a bit since then and Heerenveen lost top star and goalscorer Afonso Alves but they are more experienced at this level and still seem to find it easy to score as they have have scored 14 goals in their last 6 games overall. My bet: Heerenveen +0.25AH (1.82); Good luck! JC

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) Litex Vs Aston Villa Litex aren't a bad side and have won there last two home games 2-0 so dont expect Villa to walk over them this afternoon, Villa's primary objective i think will be to keep a clean sheet and rely on the pace of Young and Ablongahor, possibly Milner on the counter-attack. Villa's superb win against an out of sorts Spurs on monday night will give the players plenty of confidence going into this game, they have the class the edge this and 4/5 is good enough for me. Pick; Aston Villa WIN @ 4/5

Re: UEFA Cup ( 16-18 09 2008 ) should Hamburg have an easy time with Unirea? maybe someone from germany can advise? thanks. as for plays i've already played: Artmedia to NOT score vs Braga 1.91: artmedia struggle on the road, being shuto ut twice in last 3 away fixtures. I see Braga keeping a clean sheet and in case Braga struggle to find a goal as they did in the first leg of the last round i will take this.

Date

Match

Pick

Odds

Santander-Honka

over 2.5

-

-

-

-

Odds for home win are around 1.20 and not worth a shot, but over is more likely to play on. I expect open match, Santander plays good spanish football with many goals. On the other side, Honka knows to score too, they are not so bad team either.